Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Dahn posted:

Is Kelly always an rear end? why do people like her?
Is she being an rear end? I'm not watching but the questions posted here seem fair game at this stage. All the non-Trumps in the GOP race need to either show they can fight or get out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Performs abortion on stage.

did you SEE what he did to Jeb?

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Montasque posted:

No one outside of a few powerful people at FOXNEWS and POLITICO care.

https://twitter.com/vrunt/status/702691066315718657

Is it just me or does Rubio look like he is trying to quick squeeze out a turd in the office bathroom, before some else comes in to hear him dropping a load.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Fox Ironic posted:

You noticed! Though I didn't align them with the Rangers themselves because that would've taken way too much effort.

Well come on, you could have at least made Trump the white power ranger.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Dahn posted:

Is it just me or does Rubio look like he is trying to quick squeeze out a turd in the office bathroom, before some else comes in to hear him dropping a load.

Yeah he looks 'pained'.

Also Rubio hates your stem-cells. Other than the "Why are you such a loser?" question it's been pretty soft-ball for Rubio.

E: Rubio bot is getting caught up... He's sputtering and stuttering...

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Performs abortion on stage.

What if they were the babies of muslims

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
i still think rubio is going to fall face first into the nom at some later point, no matter how much he doesn't want it. whether it be winning by 1 in the later winner take all states, or some convention fuckery. thats my hot take thanks for listening

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Prof. Lurker posted:

i still think rubio is going to fall face first into the nom at some later point, no matter how much he doesn't want it. whether it be winning by 1 in the later winner take all states, or some convention fuckery. thats my hot take thanks for listening

Which eight states is Rubio going to win?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Montasque posted:

No one outside of a few powerful people at FOXNEWS and POLITICO care.

https://twitter.com/vrunt/status/702691066315718657
I want Cruz to overreact to this and sue PPP (and lose) so bad.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Dahn posted:

He's looked like poo poo today.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Prof. Lurker posted:

Hey, that could happen! We live in a Universe of unlimited possibilities and one where Rubio falls into the nom is ironically delicious cosmic comedy.

Back to Megyn Kelly's TEXAS TOWN HALL - Rubio got question that was for Trump, but Trump was smart enough to skip this bullshit: "What do you think about the gun range that blocked a Muslim serviceman from entering?"

Rubio talks about how much he loves ARE TROOP and how Muslims are American too. Lots of claps.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Trump had nothing at all to gain from attending this.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Fiction posted:

The state of Gitmo is one.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
Megan Kelly is a lightweight!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I'm very excited about the possibility of someone winning the republican nomination while actively boycotting fox news events. [Except Hannity interviews]

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Nate Silver is dehumanizing himself and facing to TRUMP.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

whydirt posted:

Wasn't it brought up that Rubio actually has to win at least 8 states to even be eligible as a candidate in a deadlocked convention?

No, that's to be nominated on the first ballot.

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

They can change that rule whenever they want.

No, it requires a vote of the Rules Committee and the Convention. So they can only change it if they can get half the delegates to support the change on the Floor. When folks start sounding the "it's an Establishment screwjob!" horn, I'm not sure the GOPe will get 50%+1 votes on that.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

They're far more likely to survive with a Trump nomination. Clinton wins in a relative landslide (350+ EVs) and takes back the Senate, and the GOP goes "Well, I hope you kids learned your lesson."

If they ratfuck Trump, Clinton wins in an ABSOLUTE landslide (420+ EVs) and takes back the Senate and cuts DEEP into the GOP House majority. Then the GOP is left with a scorched earth.

This only happens if they rat-gently caress Trump and he doesn't go third-party. A third-party Trump candidacy doesn't help Dems with the House and Senate much, because the Trump voters would still go R on down-ballot stuff probably.

TheScott2K posted:

Nate Silver is dehumanizing himself and facing to TRUMP.

Nate is behaving with intellectual honesty. He was initially very skeptical of a Trump success, but he highlighted his reasoning, which was clear. As his reasoning has gradually been shown to be flawed over the last few weeks, he's adjusted his beliefs accordingly. Obviously it'd be better if he was correct originally, but at least he's admitting where he was wrong and making new predictions based on the new evidence, instead of rationalizing bullshit.

Jackson Taus fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 25, 2016

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Donald Trump posted:

Megan Kelly is a lightweight!

and she thinks tax returns are important............wonder what her tax returns look like?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Guys, Marco Rubio is going to release his Tax Returns!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

I'm very excited about the possibility of someone winning the republican nomination while actively boycotting fox news events. [Except Hannity interviews]

In addition to killing the Bush Legacy and Neo-Cons, Trump is destroying Fox News and its great.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
If you're driving and listening to Fox News, please change the channel now for your own safety

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

Fiction posted:

Utah, Minnesota, Virginia, and 5 others after March 22 when Kasich is long gone

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Prof. Lurker posted:

Utah, Minnesota, Virginia, and 5 others after March 22 when Kasich is long gone

Remember you have to win a majority of delegates, not just the state. By the current rules Trump actually only has one qualifying state so far.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Montasque posted:

Guys, Marco Rubio is going to release his Tax Returns!

Spoiler: he's up to his eyeballs in debt.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Jackson Taus posted:

This only happens if they rat-gently caress Trump and he doesn't go third-party. A third-party Trump candidacy doesn't help Dems with the House and Senate much, because the Trump voters would still go R on down-ballot stuff probably.
Trump is going to burn the GOP to the ground and any Senator or Representative who doesn't say "gently caress the party, I'm voting Trump" is going to face his wrath.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Jackson Taus posted:

Nate is behaving with intellectual honesty. He was initially very skeptical of a Trump success, but he highlighted his reasoning, which was clear. As his reasoning has gradually been shown to be flawed over the last few weeks, he's adjusted his beliefs accordingly. Obviously it'd be better if he was correct originally, but at least he's admitting where he was wrong and making new predictions based on the new evidence, instead of rationalizing bullshit.

I'm glad he finally changed but his models were garbage. Might as well just use a dartboard.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

if there's actually a Winnowing and if said Winnowing doesn't just give trump like 55% of the vote in every state, which it very well might, then rubio could pick up his eight states later on in the process. throwing a shitload of money at slightly more than half of small states might be a good strategy in that regard. i don't think it will work out for him though

why aren't gop establishment money men just straight up offering eight-figure checks to all but one of the remaining candidates? if i was a republican money ghoul i'd tell all the remaining nontrumps to send me their price for dropping out, and promise that i would pay the n-1 (however many fucker nontrumps are in this race now, it's just cruz, rubio, and kasich right?) lowest bidders their asking price if they endorsed the last remaining one

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

oystertoadfish posted:

if there's actually a Winnowing and if said Winnowing doesn't just give trump like 55% of the vote in every state, which it very well might, then rubio could pick up his eight states later on in the process

why aren't gop establishment money men just straight up offering eight-figure checks to all but one of the remaining candidates? if i was a republican money ghoul i'd tell all the remaining nontrumps to send me their price for dropping out, and promise that i would pay the n-1 (however many fucker nontrumps are in this race now, it's just cruz, rubio, and kasich right?) lowest bidders their asking price if they endorsed the last remaining one

The flaw in this plan is that Cruz would never take a bribe unless it was a bribe of politically relevant office

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Holy poo poo that white guy behind Carson is cracking the gently caress up

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

oystertoadfish posted:

if there's actually a Winnowing and if said Winnowing doesn't just give trump like 55% of the vote in every state, which it very well might, then rubio could pick up his eight states later on in the process

Apparently Trump picks up about 50% of Cruz's voters. [with some going to people like Carson?]

That's probably enough to just win.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

oystertoadfish posted:

I don't think Cruz is buyable at a price that doesn't destroy your ability to put money into the following Trump battle much less the general. So if you don't want him to win, you're stuck with a bunch of complete schmucks and cruz and trump so why spend money.

Edit: Seriously, this is the battle of true believers and none of them is backing down. The time for a winnowing was months ago and if the party gave a poo poo they would have buried these other chucklefucks long ago. Instead we have a caucus system instead of just a convention so everything is extra stupid.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

It's nukular war.

https://twitter.com/nro/status/702656694355034112

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Carson took his pep pills before this. He's talking straight nonsense but the audience seems to like it.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

oystertoadfish posted:

If you think this would work you really do not fully understand how angry republican voters are this cycle. But besides that cruz and rubio are young. They have nothing to gain by going into a scorched earth convention and everything to lose.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

^i guess if i was a gop money lich and i thought it wouldn't work then i wouldn't do it yeah. like i implied in the first half i think it's more likely that trump picks up a majority whenever cruz drops out

maybe i should spend a shitload of time trying to figure out how the delegates will get allocated but right now it doesn't seem to me like there's any other possible way to beat the guy except turning it into a one-on-one fight. not that it's a great chance, just that it's the one chance that's distinguishable from 0%

we already know that trump's got the biggest plurality, the only question left is whether he has a majority, and the longer you wait to put that question to the test, the more the largest plurality hoovers up delegates out of proportion to its vote share

it's a perfect storm isn't it, if cruz was even a little less deliberately odious to his own party then this poo poo would be a lot easier

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Feb 25, 2016

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Why? The idea Trump can't beat Rubio heads up is pretty laughable at this point. He hasn't even started spending money yet.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Carson closes is eyes just a little too long when he blinks and it always freaks me out
E: when talking I mean

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
Carson wins fox news "I am kelly, I am relevant" debate.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Dahn posted:

Carson wins fox news "I am kelly, I am relevant" debate.

He really is. I have no idea what he's saying but this audience loves this garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

If you think this would work you really do not fully understand how angry republican voters are this cycle. But besides that cruz and rubio are young. They have nothing to gain by going into a scorched earth convention and everything to lose.

Cruz is so reviled by the Texas GOP and his fellow Senators that really it is up or out at this point. If burning down the convention gives him a slight chance of winning, then that is what he will do.

It also helps that he's a slimy fucker all the way through to his black sulphurous heart.

• Locked thread