Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

kingcobweb posted:

Kennen, Kayle, Trundle, Diana

I like the Kennen idea, I've never tried Diana but I might check that out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Remember to start Doran's Blade and be super rude with your W. (Kennen)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Diana owns, she's a champ with no kill pressure pre-6 that still pushes the wave super hard so she has absolutely zero ways to escape a gank especially since usually you don't take your E until level 7 or 8

Wait that's why she sucks. GOd drat it.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I see Kennen so rarely, I know his abilities but not his play style at all. Do you just play around his ult? And why was Kennen/Kalista bot lane a thing? Just because you could throw him in to ult?

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
your post inspired me to look up kennen stats and I guess fqc was the only thing keeping him afloat. Look at the patch 6.2 dip lol http://champion.gg/champion/Kennen/Top

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I see Kennen so rarely, I know his abilities but not his play style at all. Do you just play around his ult? And why was Kennen/Kalista bot lane a thing? Just because you could throw him in to ult?

Yes. Also, he's a fairly good lane bully with all his damage, but it was mostly the free flash on kennen with kali r.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

SaberToothedPie posted:

your post inspired me to look up kennen stats and I guess fqc was the only thing keeping him afloat. Look at the patch 6.2 dip lol http://champion.gg/champion/Kennen/Top

Judging by the huge jump in win rate at 50+ games it looks more like FQC just made every AP champ way easier to play, and with that nerfed only the people who regularly play Kennen still have a good win rate.

edit: And judging by Kennen's play style, having Spooky Ghosts every 60 seconds could probably net you a poo poo load of kills.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Stefan Prodan posted:

So unfortunately it looks like my GP gravy train is comin to an end, which makes me sad because it was my first champ I played a lot and the first champ I ever bought a skin for but anyway

Assuming the 3 keg limit is too much to overcome and still be good for a non-pro shitter like me, any suggestions for a top laner that has a similar playstyle top? As in, someone who can generally be pretty safe and farm-centric and doesn't have many bad matchups but can still contribute a lot to team later. I would go back to playing Pantheon or something but I just feel like there's such a proliferation of like malphite and nautilus and poo poo that I would just be sitting up there farming and then falling off later. I used to play Rumble a bunch and he might be ok after the tweaks/buffs but I kinda feel like it's gonna take more than what he's getting tonight to get him out of the dumpster.

Panth is actually really strong atm. I see him a lot. Mid more than anything though.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SaberToothedPie posted:

That was the patch that hosed up game times, where Kennen is a character that does not generally thrive in short games.

It was also only a drop from 49.5% to 48% which is basically nothing. He's still a perfectly playable champion that causes a lot of issues for a bunch of top laners.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I hope Kennen never loving returns to prominence ever. Ghost on a regular ability makes ganking him nearly impossible

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lady Naga posted:

Taking a champ I know nothing about into a regular game and using abilities I know nothing about in a real game? Why, what could go wrong?

TBH I used to feel this way and would play champs in bot games to learn their buttons but now I will take them into a normal without having any idea what their skills are. Sometimes I get a chance to read them if the team isn't invading.

I accidentally joined ranked today without paying attention. Twice. Be like me. It's a very chill way to play.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's more the fact that I'd rather not have to commit to a 30+ minute game if I don't find the champ super interesting or rewarding or I'd rather start over with a different itemization/build.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Servaetes posted:

I hope Kennen never loving returns to prominence ever. Ghost on a regular ability makes ganking him nearly impossible

his e is considerably stronger than ghost, even

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Silver 1, 2-2 in promos, only play with my friends, most of which are bronze and won't be silver for the foreseeable future :ohdear:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

ungulateman posted:

Silver 1, 2-2 in promos, only play with my friends, most of which are bronze and won't be silver for the foreseeable future :ohdear:

If you lose the 5th game, you can tell your friends you threw for their sake. Guilt them with the loss!

(Just win.)

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

TBH I used to feel this way and would play champs in bot games to learn their buttons but now I will take them into a normal without having any idea what their skills are. Sometimes I get a chance to read them if the team isn't invading.

I accidentally joined ranked today without paying attention. Twice. Be like me. It's a very chill way to play.

With new champs I'm trying out I tend to do like, one bot game if my daily win bonus is up, but otherwise just immediately take them into ranked.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

ungulateman posted:

just keep dodging the 2-n promo series. your mmr will keep increasing but you will stay in playable range

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
gently caress this lovely game.

7.2 cs/min; ahead in lane even with a dodgy support and up a kill thanks to a reasonable gank.

Annnnd it all goes to poo poo cause my team uses teleport to get back to lane top and mid. And lets their ADC get a triple kill and dragon as we get 5man dived bot and lose dragon for no towers. :iamafag:

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Quelaag, my dear sister... Please do not cry.
I am happy, really. I have you, don't I?
Elise support trip report (for mid~high silver elo): fun and good?

Both of those games were basically stomps though. I'm curious to try playing her from behind; her pick potential with maxed cocoon is definitely great.

victorisham fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 25, 2016

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

victorisham posted:

Elise support trip report (for mild~high silver elo): fun and good?

Both of those games were basically stomps though. I'm curious to try playing her from behind; her pick potential with maxed cocoon is definitely great.

I was like, "This can't be a thing."

But then I looked up her up on the wiki.

Cocoon: 50 mana

just maybe..

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Lady Naga posted:

It's more the fact that I'd rather not have to commit to a 30+ minute game if I don't find the champ super interesting or rewarding or I'd rather start over with a different itemization/build.

dude holy poo poo its literally a singular game in which a win or a loss means gently caress all and you move on and don't waste time on the champion later

arent you like sub30 too? most games ended before 30 minutes anyways

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Luna Was Here posted:

dude holy poo poo its literally a singular game in which a win or a loss means gently caress all and you move on and don't waste time on the champion later

arent you like sub30 too? most games ended before 30 minutes anyways

I don't care about the win or loss I literally just said that my issue is that I don't want to spend time doing something I don't like for longer than I have to.

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013
I know it'll be unimpressive to most people, but I'm really excited by the fact that despite starting 0-6 in my placements I still managed to stay out of bronze and I'm now a proud(ish) Silver 5 member of Rumble's Justicars. :dance: :toot:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

I don't care about the win or loss I literally just said that my issue is that I don't want to spend time doing something I don't like for longer than I have to.

This might not be the game for you.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tequila Sunrise posted:

This might not be the game for you.

If the frustration is unavoidable then whatever I'll just queue again, but why would I willingly take a gamble on whether or not I'll enjoy a game when an alternative exists?

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
if you expect to click with a champion and know the ins and outs of their kit and optimal itemization during the first half of your first game then you will not enjoy your experience with The League Of Legends

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I actually enjoy League of Legends a lot, as a matter of fact.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
and yet you won't just play a normal game to get a hold on a champion where winning and losing are basically secondary to any experience you might gain. hmm. interesting.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I've never played a bot game to learn a champion. Then again, I do not play League of Legends for my enjoyment

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

seizure later posted:

and yet you won't just play a normal game to get a hold on a champion where winning and losing are basically secondary to any experience you might gain. hmm. interesting.

I've played normal games.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
And actually, if you play ranked for the most part and only use normals for playing champions you are not familiar with or just not good at, your normal elo should eventually just be perfect for that.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
I have a friend who plays Co-op vs. AI every day to get his first win of the day so that he doesn't feel pressure to win in any other matches afterwards (he starts having a meltdown if a match is longer than 30 minutes).

what's more embarrassing is he has over a dozen losses in Co-op vs. AI.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I test drive every champ in the 1v5 hyperbaric bot chamber. It's a good way to get a feel for what a champ is capable of doing imo. Farming bots is pretty fast and allows you to feel-test whatever item build you're thinking of faster. It's also useful if you want to practice something specific like farming patterns so you can develop the muscle memory or whatever. Actual bot games arent really very useful for anything though.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

seizure later posted:

what's more embarrassing is he has over a dozen losses in Co-op vs. AI.

Wasn't there some pro a couple years ago that went to do intermediate bots and got absolutely poo poo on? I think by cass bot?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Trip report for my fifth promo game to get into Gold and away from my friends. (Warning: long, boring, salty.)

http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/123345496/201183569

Two of my friends intentionally troll me by picking Nasus (the guy is a beast on Renekton and generally wins by dominating lane and rotating to camp the enemy mid laner, regardless of position) and mid Blitzcrank (Quite possibly the best Anivia player in Oceania, excellent mage player all around [when he isn't level 1 auto trading with a Corki], but when he really wants to lose, out comes full AP mid Blitz). Shen technically isn't a troll pick, but he basically never plays jungle, and this game demonstrates why, hard.

We get first blood by doing the classic invade through the red side blue buff, except what actually happens is their support Morgana tries to 1v1 our Sivir in the river and I (as Braum) walk down, Q her, and she dies. We then get their Ezreal in a similar dogpile since he'd already skilled Q, as well as Riven's flash as she fails to Q-hop over the river wall near mid. She later dies tower diving our Nasus.

Our Shen decides the best course of action 6 minutes into the game is to gank the 0/1 Riven who is trying and failing to starve Nasus, gifting Lee Sin the easiest double kill of his life. Lee then takes his level and gold advantage and sticks it up our rear end in bot lane.

Sivir proceeds to die in the stupidest ways possible for the rest of the game, including being solo killed by Morgana since he didn't know her ultimate applied a slow (???). Shen keeps ulting top to give Riven double kills so that the rest of us die 2v3 or 3v4. Twisted Fate teleports all over the map for farm while Riven and Lee Sin kill everyone and everything.

Their Morgana did more damage to champions than the three other non-Sivir champions on my team combined. I did more damage than Shen.

:salt:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Best Anivia in OCE -> Silver?

Ooook man.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Don't play with your friends if they are cunts.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
You might want to consider getting new friends, just a thoughterino

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
So your friend is so low he won't be able to play with you once you hit gold, but he's also the region's best Anivia player?

Sounds like I am leveling an OCE account :getin:

• Locked thread