Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

I'd buy it but concernedape won't let me until Friday, so gently caress lurking I'm getting in on this ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Yeah I think there's a lot of folks who have been lurking (like me) just waiting for the game to actually materialize before getting too worked up.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I've been waiting for this dang game since it appeared on Steam Greenlight, back when Greenlight first came out. It was in like the second batch of games accepted back when that poo poo was a nightmare.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I think I've voted for maybe 3 greenlight games, and this was one of them.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Yep, quietly hyping this thing. I hope it's not terrible...

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

i am upset that this hasn't released early.

dev, take my money right now

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That's enough different kinds of eggs to make me buy the game.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

wanna eat those eggs

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Cleared my schedule this weekend, can't wait to be breeding prize virtual livestock

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i've learned that you can actually be gay in this game which is really all i needed to know to want it.

Death by Chickens
Jan 12, 2012
Can't wait to relive all my childhood memories of playing harvest moon on the gameboy, then N64, then SNES eumulators, then GBA, and of course PS1. (I try to forget about the PS2....)

I never would've thought a farming game would get to me, but drat if I don't miss them. They're like the zen video game experience for me. Just absolutely joyous and peaceful.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Can I run a factory farm?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Digirat posted:

That's enough different kinds of eggs to make me buy the game.
I thought the same thing actually.

Also I guess I am not playing XCOM 2 this weekend.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Also for anyone lurking/on the fence, I'll probably end up streaming this on Friday evening so can ask me stuff and check it out for better or worse.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 14, 2017

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I wonder how many videos sebastian has taken of plastic bags caught in the wind

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

smdh if you marry a woman

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jesto posted:

Someone pointed this out.

:stare:

What's with these girls? The oddly similar facial features are hard to un-see now that I've seen them. Weren't they more distinct in the past? The guys all look pretty unique.

Also, anything anyone wants me to edit into the OP before this gets a new thread? If it even is, I mean.

loving lazy dev, cancelled my thoughts on buying this loving trash god drat it

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 14, 2017

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ0KU9yZ3SQ

Here's another YouTuber I follow. The difference is that this guy actually has played Harvest Moon games, and he also likely does testing videos so he doesn't fumble around trying to find out how to play.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
No videos for me I want to go in pure like the newly fallen snow that is covering my entire life atm.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i want this to be out now

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

god drat it now I have the farmin' shakes, need my fix

ungh

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Have they mentioned anything about mod support? I want harvey's name changed to Acula

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Excelzior posted:

god drat it now I have the farmin' shakes, need my fix

ungh

We're all sitting here, furiously :f5:ing and grinding our teeth.

e: worst game ever i want to play it now and its not even OUT ???

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
According to Steam it drops at like 2am in my time zone. That could be bad news.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Been totally stoked for this game since hearing about it when it was first announced. Hopefully will be able to find some time to play it in between starting a new job

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

No videos for me I want to go in pure like the newly fallen snow that is covering my entire life atm.

That snow good, I'm sorry your life is caught in a flurry.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Playing Spring in the game will be a refreshing change from a world in which I shovel before my morning coffee or poo poo when I don't even have to go to work.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

For some reason I thought this was getting released today, but alas

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
keep the faith friends, soon we will be up to our eyeballs in turnips

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
That review posted last page said we can just breed hundreds of rabbits? Want to see a farm that's just a giant wave of bunbuns running around :kimchi:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

keep the faith friends, soon we will be up to our eyeballs in turnips

It's only ~9 hours until the 26th here but Steam says the game will unlock in approximately 28 hours. I can't deal with this :(

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I know I'm going to get bored and stop playing after 10 minutes without multiplayer but god dammit I'm buying this right away anyway

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Jesto posted:

What's with these girls? The oddly similar facial features are hard to un-see now that I've seen them. Weren't they more distinct in the past? The guys all look pretty unique.

Also, anything anyone wants me to edit into the OP before this gets a new thread? If it even is, I mean.

Harvey, Sam and Sebastian all have roughly the same chin, nose and eye range too. I thought the appeal of this game wasn't in every sprite being a special snowflake but what you do?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yeah give the guy a break it's programmer art and it's worlds better than it was when he first started working on it.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Jesto posted:

Maybe it's the perfect waifu face and you just need to try it before you buy it.

Or insert comedy "three sisters" relationship.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

It's a small town, you can't expect them all not to be related to each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

If you don't wife Maru you are racist