Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

One dude threatened a lawsuit and had his post deleted and looks like he got a ban. Absolutely solid.

Hold on, lemme just... THROW THIS SUMBITCH BACK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

They didn't do anything to the Dazzler node, did they?

This is important.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

docbeard posted:

They didn't do anything to the Dazzler node, did they?

This is important.

I think it got buffed actually.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I think it got buffed actually.

...poo poo, now I have to play the game again.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

wait how did Gaz not know how much DR spintech gave? it's not like it was obfuscated

The devs who knew weren't aware that the omega system was supposed to be balanced in any way.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I think at the end of the day, we all know this omega stuff ain't gonna hold up. 400 posts in less than 14 hours all filled with disdain?

Yeah, PsiLocke already made a post they're gonna revamp again. We won't see the omega changes for a few weeks now unless he works 24/7.

One dude threatened a lawsuit and had his post deleted and looks like he got a ban. Absolutely solid.

2017 the year of omega. Vocal idiots hugging their knees while crying that their heroes might have a bit higher ttks and will permanently uninstall the game and nobody will play the game again.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

quote:

Attributes are a special case because nearly everyone took them before for the base damage bonus and/or the spirit cost reduction. The tuning budget has evolved over the past 2 years, and Fighting is now worth far more now than back then due to Brutal Chance inflation. The budget has changed with the times, so the current cost reflects what each stat is worth today.

Amazing. They're sticking to that "budget" story.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ok so just want opinions:

Is it truly a big deal that travel powers should need to be free?

I ask because it's incessant whining in feedback threads that "WHOA WHY ARENT THE TRAVELS FREE HELLOOOO?" and they're all slow anyway.

Literally, the dash is almost always going to outperform the travel for speed. Why does this matter so much?

There's tons of feedback asking Ride to get spec tech so he can get a free version with no damage and the current version we have.

This sounds like a waste of time and resources that could be allocated to things that actually matter.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I ask because it's incessant whining in feedback threads that "WHOA WHY ARENT THE TRAVELS FREE HELLOOOO?" and they're all slow anyway.

Literally, the dash is almost always going to outperform the travel for speed. Why does this matter so much?

There's tons of feedback asking Ride to get spec tech so he can get a free version with no damage and the current version we have.

This sounds like a waste of time and resources that could be allocated to things that actually matter.
I pretty much never use them so I don't really care. The only time I find them useful is leveling when you don't have the spirit to dash everywhere constantly.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
So considering that some chars barely work unless you have appropriate omegas, this change is undoubtedly going to ruin some characters that have practically been balanced around having adequate omegas, right? If so, LAFFO.

Can't say I give a poo poo unless killing times get horrendously longer; I play colossus. Really wish they'd add a TP node though -- every character already has body slide, just make it "enhanced".

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It's canon for their b6 builds to use a free slow movement power so they can play fully zoomed in and not waste spirit while doing it.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I literally have never used a travel power. Tele, dash, or Zigg. I will straight up raid with Ziggs if I have to.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teleports are travel powers.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Teleports are travel powers.

Hmm thought he meant the dumb "hold down the button and slowly fly over poo poo".

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Free travel powers (as in hold down button to run/fly) are irrelevant at 60, but leveling up a decent number of characters you end up using them because the average player isn't at Zigg level for most of the experience, and doesn't necessarily have the free-floating low level artis or Omegas to sufficiently lower costs on the dashes /increase Spirit regen to use them instead. And it's not like making travel powers cost Spirit adds anything to the game, there isn't some intense strategic depth in "do I toddle over to the other side of the map slowly for free or do I hemorrhage resources to make this not take for god drat ever because I'm playing someone who wasn't (re)designed in the last 6 months."

I mean another solution would be making your (out-of-combat or in general) move speed a lot higher, but "hold button go faster" is a pretty basic element of video game.

e: If it's the people who are saying ALL MY TELEPORT MUST BE FREE then sure, whatever dude, but first fix the experience for new players

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

So they're upping the cost for fighting via omeggles, OK. How much does it cost to get speed and durability now, as those have always been on the cheaper side and imo are worth investing in on a decent number of chars for being a surprising value.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I actually use travel powers (sometimes, on some characters) and no, I don't think it's a big deal at all. Like, philosophically I think they should either be free or should do something other than just move you from point A to point B (with my preference being the latter), but it's not something I'm like to lose sleep over, especially with as negligible as the spirit costs for these things actually are.

I wish in general there were more conceptual space in the game for cool stuff that doesn't necessarily revolve around killing poo poo faster, but that's almost certainly a lost battle at this point.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

They need both. Jack the speed up so it can compete with dash and also make it free. They are useless as-is, free or not.

Making all dashes free like X-23s would be better. Really the most frustrating thing is how inconsistent their philosophy is. X-23's dash is free. Doom's teleport actually regens resources. But Natasha and Black Cat can't get across Midtown without burning 3/4 of their spirit. It's stupid.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'm incredibly bad at this game so I tend to use the travel powers on characters that don't have a teleport power. It's mostly for "immersion" so I'm not too worked up about it. Except for She-Hulk, since I can be out of spirit by the time I get to the boss. Fortunately, I fixed that issue by no longer using She-Hulk.

Also, pubbies are dumb, ride should do more damage, gently caress spirit concerns.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Donde Esta posted:

Hmm thought he meant the dumb "hold down the button and slowly fly over poo poo".

He clearly did, Aphrodite is just a pedant/erast.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Every character needs some sort of free movement power in my opinion. People like Doom and Magik have a free teleport so they either don't have travel powers or literally noone ever uses them. Emma or Gambit have to spend spirit to move around and if you got a bad Mandarin layout, they will run out of spirit before you get to his room. Once you hit level 30 this improves and once you hit 54 it's irrelevant.

Really free travel powers is a political issue - it's fairly irrelevant to established players, but it makes life easier for new players / makes lovely characters less horrible to level. It also requires literally negative effort, instead of giving the dash a spirit cost you don't give it a spirit cost.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Replace all travel powers with whatever the gently caress Doreen's is called. Complete with sound.

Edit: Forestwalk? I'm alerting Wizards of the Coast's lawyers.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I always forget Doom has a flight power. Doom's flight power should move regular walking speed but play a Latverian anthem the whole time imho

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Goblin's animations are awful, especially his default pose on the glider.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

As a new player currently leveling guys to 60 for the first time, I feel like travel powers or dashes being free would be a huge quality of life upgrade. Or just, you know, give everyone a teleport, call it S.H.I.E.L.D. something for lore hand waving, and be done. Optionally, change existing travel powers to do something in addition to moving as suggested above.

Trying to get someone leveled and geared is a mad race across maps, and especially in large levels can totally wipe out your resource pool which makes the subsequent fights atrocious. Maybe if you have all the omega points already there are nodes to alleviate this, but they aren't obvious or affordable (especially to new players; the entire omega system is a wall of too much autism for me to bother reading through to figure out).

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

There's already lore in the game that lets everyone teleport back to base just for convenience, so no reason we couldn't all be bodysliding around like DP. I think I heard some rumour that the Marvel approvals guy is a Comixfan level dork, and he decides whether people can have a free sprint or teleport or if they have to pay for it. It's just dumb enough to be true.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I think Comixfan is the approvals guy. It all makes sense now.

Mods knew.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

This is 2016, putting a cost on dash/flight movement powers is moronic and only serves as an annoyance, nothing else.

At least be loving consistent and not have some guys with spirit costs on those powers and then others have them free. (And some have everything free)

Flight powers(and only flight powers) should also only be 1 pointers max.

Make this poo poo standard on all heroes instead of loving around with 1 hero at a time.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

madstrike posted:

This is 2016, putting a cost on dash/flight movement powers is moronic and only serves as an annoyance, nothing else.

At least be loving consistent and not have some guys with spirit costs on those powers and then others have them free. (And some have everything free)

Flight powers(and only flight powers) should also only be 1 pointers max.

Make this poo poo standard on all heroes instead of loving around with 1 hero at a time.
If you apply this logic to any character created or redesigned after "Spirit is just another stat with unique power-by-power scaling" Deadpool, an interesting thing occurs (you get a better game).

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

If I was Yogi Berra Esq., CEO Gazillion Technology Solutions, I'd call all the newspapers and set up a massive press conference, and then announce that Zigs are now equippable at level 1. Then I'd tell Mister Michael Mayhem that he can put whatever cost he wants on dashes and teleports, knock yourself out. Then I'd take a long, slow slurp from my World's #1 Dad coffee mug and maybe take the rest of the day off. Peace in our time.

Oh yeah and I'd sell Zigs in the store for $1.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

the best part of this test center omega thread is Frankthebank riding in on his white steed to defend the fair maiden Mr. Gaz

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Alternate zig artifact with just the teleport no other extra stats equippable at level 1. Sorted.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
I gotta get in on some test center shitposting

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

Giedroyc posted:

Alternate zig artifact with just the teleport no other extra stats equippable at level 1. Sorted.

Maybe Mr Gaz could let us add the zig effect straight to our costumes. Decent bandaid till they can find all their zero keys.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Zig Shard, level 1 artifact, no CDR and it costs 50% hp to use, fair, next

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hey dumdums if you make movement faster and easier people will get to the endgame faster, find themselves out of content faster, and quit.

Don't suggest 'make more endgame content' as a solution to that problem.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Why would you make teleporting cost an equipment slot? It's a dumb, bad, and needlessly punitive decision. Make the old zig do something new.

E: also, artifacts bind because if you could share gear between characters, something something end game. Even a level 1 teleport item would screw new players if it wasn't a guaranteed drop in the prologue. Don't use an item.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

WebDO posted:

Why would you make teleporting cost an equipment slot? It's a dumb, bad, and needlessly punitive decision.

yes exactly

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

In other arpg news it looks like grim dong exits early asses today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

RatHat posted:

Goblin's animations are awful, especially his default pose on the glider.

Not goblinspreading wide enough for you, champ?

• Locked thread