Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

X-O posted:

I'm done with Flash. Barry is a total rear end in a top hat, the twist in this episode is both incredibly stupid and a lazy rehash, and it's just no fun anymore.

The supposed writer shuffle that happens needs to happen again, except this time they shuffle the current Flash writers into the unemployment line.

I do think the twist is more complicated then shown but Barry kept a woman from her husband as her father died so he could play voyeur and nobody at the table went "What the gently caress guys?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
Goddamn, I hoped Jay wasn't gonna be a double agent, but with all the talk about having an addiction to velocity it was practically a given wasn't it?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Flash fell victim to the Arrow writing bug. These guys have REAL trouble writing inter-personal conflicts, and internal emotional struggles. I swear it is like they have never taken and/or passed a decent undergrad creative writing course.

The scenes with Barry and Wally were as bad if not worse than some of the worst things I saw workshopped in college. Definitely a below average episode, but King Shark was cool. Zoom reveal was meh, but I am hoping it is a little more complicated than what it seems, because that would make it less meh.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Everything with Wally has been garbage. Just don't do that personal drama stuff, comicbook shows. Unless you're a Netflix show (and yet, I don't want to hear about people being inside each other).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

So that would make it the ninth best superhero show on television, not counting Internet only shows.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

adhuin posted:

So best, if you discount all the actually good ones?
I regret nothing for voting it as my number 1 show of 2015 :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

So that would make it the ninth best superhero show on television, not counting Internet only shows.

Maybe try running that one again.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So apparently Archie's getting a CW show? Here's a bunch of casting news. Here's hoping Berlanti can set up an Archie-meets-Punisher style showdown on Arrow in a few seasons.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TwoPair posted:

So apparently Archie's getting a CW show? Here's a bunch of casting news. Here's hoping Berlanti can set up an Archie-meets-Punisher style showdown on Arrow in a few seasons.

Hmmm apparently the kid they cast as Jughead has been part of an inseparable twin acting team on Disney and this is the first time one will apper without the other. Awkward.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The show is by the same guy writing the fantastic Afterlife With Archie and is said to be along the lines of Archie meets Twin Peaks. I'm very much looking forward to it. Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa seems to have a really good handle on all those characters.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
drat good burger and drat good chocolate malted

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

X-O posted:

The show is by the same guy writing the fantastic Afterlife With Archie and is said to be along the lines of Archie meets Twin Peaks. I'm very much looking forward to it. Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa seems to have a really good handle on all those characters.

This sounds like exactly my poo poo.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Given his track record with AwA, I'm also looking forward to the show having a schedule to rival Gravity Falls :v:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So I just got around to watching Arrow. I don't know whether to be mad or just impressed with the balls on Greg Berlanti for throwing in a character out of the blue whose very presence assumes you've watched an online-only animated series. Also will someone please put a goddamn arrow through Merlyn's head please? Maybe have Barry guest star, I know he's racking up a body count this season.

Side note: has anyone watched that Vixen animated series? Any good?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Every line she spoke was explaining her backstory, so you really didn't have to watch the series before.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cn3DVV0LHY

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

So I just got around to watching Arrow. I don't know whether to be mad or just impressed with the balls on Greg Berlanti for throwing in a character out of the blue whose very presence assumes you've watched an online-only animated series. Also will someone please put a goddamn arrow through Merlyn's head please? Maybe have Barry guest star, I know he's racking up a body count this season.

Side note: has anyone watched that Vixen animated series? Any good?

Series is a stretch. It's 6 5-minute shorts. Just hop on to the CW site and watch them. It's fine, but it's also exactly what you'd expect for a half-hour origin story that also has to have an action beat every 4 minutes.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So yeah, it looks like we could be looking at three different Jay Garricks? I have to assume one of them (zoom?) is the Hunter Zolomon guy from Earth-1, but I'm going to need a good explanation for this to make sense.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
Everyone shut up about lovely CW DC shows. Let's talk about awesome Netflix Marvel shows:

Part 2 of the Season 2 Daredevil Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cn3DVV0LHY

This trailer looks better to me than Part 1 featuring the Punisher. Very hyped.

edit: Zoux just realized you posted it before me - maybe include some words with your rando youtube links?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jagermonster posted:

Everyone shut up about lovely CW DC shows. Let's talk about awesome Netflix Marvel shows:

Once they make one.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Once they make one.

What didn't you like about season 1 of Daredevil or JJ?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jagermonster posted:

Part 2 of the Season 2 Daredevil Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cn3DVV0LHY

This trailer looks better to me than Part 1 featuring the Punisher. Very hyped.

edit: Zoux just realized you posted it before me - maybe include some words with your rando youtube links?

Maybe turn on embedding.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I still mostly liked them overall but Jessica Jones has the plot and pacing problems that we've all heard dozens of times now, and there are too many characters that are a waste of time. Daredevil cannot finish any of its buildups.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
In 2016 we still have to deal with stories about Yakuza spreading to America

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Would you have preferred it to be the Russians or something?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If people bought more copies Sega wouldn't have to keep teasing it.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

What didn't you like about season 1 of Daredevil or JJ?

It's probably just more a reaction to antagonizing half the thread I'm guessing.

Also:

zoux posted:

Maybe turn on embedding.

lol

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Would you have preferred it to be the Russians or something?

Black street gangs actually

Yakuza aren't even able to spread in Japan, so why do we still need these remnants of 80's Japanophilia?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yakuza aren't even able to spread in Japan, so why do we still need these remnants of 80's Japanophilia?

Because they wear suits while fighting with ninja swords.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Because The Hand.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

Because The Hand.

Well since that group is in NO WAY connected to DD this seems like a shoehorned cashgrab.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Sadly it's not dealing even with the most interesting parts.

In a better world, season 2 would have been about Daredevil negotiating Japan's yakuza-backed idol industry.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sadly it's not dealing even with the most interesting parts.

In a better world, season 2 would have been about Daredevil negotiating Japan's yakuza-backed idol industry.

Kazuma Kiryu is not going to crossover with the MCU, man.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

the most interesting parts.

Japan's yakuza-backed idol industry.

Get that japanophilia out of here.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gaz-L posted:

Kazuma Kiryu is not going to crossover with the MCU, man.

but what if

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

zoux posted:

Well since that group is in NO WAY connected to DD this seems like a shoehorned cashgrab.

Is this sarcasm? I can't tell any more.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Just putting it out there that you haven't really watched the Daredevil trailer, until you've watched it in a home theatre. The ending of it is completely bananas.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SaintFu posted:

Is this sarcasm? I can't tell any more.

I have read Daredevil comics before.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Entertainment Weekly is reporting Finn Jones (Ser Loras from Game of Thrones) will be Danny Rand in Iron Fist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

RevKrule posted:

Entertainment Weekly is reporting Finn Jones (Ser Loras from Game of Thrones) will be Danny Rand in Iron Fist.

I'm down.