Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

ekuNNN posted:

I always love how many Dutch ones are in TNL's compilations :allears:

Guess what "NL" stands for :geert:

e: What a terrible snipe, here's something to laugh at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4hXcr8vHYg

count_von_count has a new favorite as of 15:59 on Feb 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Hat
Sep 11, 2001

What has been seen cannot be unseen.
The schadenfreude is me. I spent the past few months slowly working my way through the last thread and this and now I have to wait for real-time updates.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
^I hear you ahaha schadenfreude. I'm way behind and it's a double-edged sword: if you reply, like this one, it's way out of date but then there's all those sweet, sweet posts to read.

Rough Lobster posted:

Watching that colonel sweat it out during that interview reminded me of another video of a creepy dude. It was an interview with some guy (I think he had long hair) who claimed to be the close friend of this girl who'd gone missing. He's blathering a lot the whole time, and you can see he's getting nervous when the interviewer mentions police found the body. Turns out the guy was the murderer, surprise surprise.

This is from like a million pages back, but I remember when this first (?) showed up on SA and the same as now, watching that video he seems totally legit. In the first instance he's talking as if she's still alive, with phrases like "we don't know where she's is" and she is a nice person etc.

Then after the interviewer seemingly inadvertently says "body" his demeanour changes completely. For some reason that infers guilt but if this interview alone was all the evidence then I guess I totally bought it, back then and even watching it now.
Afterwards his tense changes to was and were, and he genuinely appears cut up about it, at least in the video.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Pillow Hat posted:

The schadenfreude is me. I spent the past few months slowly working my way through the last thread and this and now I have to wait for real-time updates.

Here's some Schadenfreude for you: I saw replies to this thread and got excited. But then, I clicked, and no Schadenfreude was to be found. I was let down, and now I am suffering. The Schadenfreude is itt.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Chichevache posted:

Here's some Schadenfreude for you: I saw replies to this thread and got excited. But then, I clicked, and no Schadenfreude was to be found. I was let down, and now I am suffering. The Schadenfreude is itt.
Next time you come back to the thread, your expectations will be lowered. And even the weakest schadenfreude will seem much greater.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

count_von_count posted:

Guess what "NL" stands for :geert:

:v: yeah I know obviously, doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing all the Dutch kids falling through the ice after we had three days of it freezing :v:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ekuNNN posted:

:v: yeah I know obviously, doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing all the Dutch kids falling through the ice after we had three days of it freezing :v:

Grabs the gun from him immediately. That's a Smart Guy.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

ekuNNN posted:

is that from the protests in delhi?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Solice Kirsk posted:

Grabs the gun from him immediately. That's a Smart Guy.

No, he grabs the stick/whip that the soldier was beating his victim with. You can see the soldier rearranging his grip on the gun at the end of the clip.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Roro posted:

No, he grabs the stick/whip that the soldier was beating his victim with. You can see the soldier rearranging his grip on the gun at the end of the clip.

Yeah I have a feeling Orange Shorts' day went downhill after that.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Squish posted:

^I hear you ahaha schadenfreude. I'm way behind and it's a double-edged sword: if you reply, like this one, it's way out of date but then there's all those sweet, sweet posts to read.

This is from like a million pages back, but I remember when this first (?) showed up on SA and the same as now, watching that video he seems totally legit. In the first instance he's talking as if she's still alive, with phrases like "we don't know where she's is" and she is a nice person etc.

Then after the interviewer seemingly inadvertently says "body" his demeanour changes completely. For some reason that infers guilt but if this interview alone was all the evidence then I guess I totally bought it, back then and even watching it now.
Afterwards his tense changes to was and were, and he genuinely appears cut up about it, at least in the video.

er, he pled guilty and described the murder in great detail to the police

quote:

As part of a plea deal brokered over the weekend, 28-year-old Stephen McDaniel revealed Monday in a written statement how he killed Lauren Giddings, as well as what he did with her body. WGCL reports authorities found the 27-year-old's dismembered torso wrapped in plastic in a dumpster outside her Macon, Ga., apartment across the street from the university where they both had graduated.

According to the Macon Telegraph, at 4:30 a.m. on June 26, 2011, a masked McDaniel used a master key to enter Giddings' apartment while she slept. McDaniel wrote in his statement that he watched the victim as she slept; when she woke up, he strangled her to death and placed her body in her bathtub. The killer wrote that he returned to the apartment later that night, after a day spent largely on his computer, and dismembered the corpse with a hacksaw.
After police found the body, McDaniel was arrested on an unrelated burglary charge, according to the station, and officers only discovered evidence that he killed Giddings after looking through his apartment and on his computer.

Prosecuting attorney David Cooke said internet history showed McDaniel had been gathering information about his neighbor online. Investigators also found pictures and videos on McDaniel's camera that were dated the morning of Giddings' disappearance.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Ragequit posted:

110-year-old woman gives zero fucks and is just done with life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAUn3A4QtaI

This is from a couple of pages back, but 0:23 is just magical.

:j: Flossie, you say you're a little tired this morning, is that right?
:geno: I... am... tired. *fart*

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Nws http://gucci-thot.tumblr.com/post/139829899944 nws

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Some Aussie 'pranksters' who thought dressing up like Arabs and lobbing bags at people and running are now in a world of hurt that the police are involved.

The police posted:

considering firearms charges, assault charges, and also recovering any money the brothers may have made from posting the videos.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Birb Katter posted:

Some Aussie 'pranksters' who thought dressing up like Arabs and lobbing bags at people and running are now in a world of hurt that the police are involved.

Good.

Also, thanks for that long TNL video. Whenever I watch "fail" videos, I treat it like a slot machine and every time I see someone on a "hoverboard", it's 777. I wish they would come up with more technologically-advanced ways of generating schadenfreude.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

This guy gets EXACTLY what you deserve for going commando and then doing the splits

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gender illusionist posted:

is that from the protests in delhi?

It’s from this video from 2011, and this is the description:
“Villagers clash with police in Chandauli district of Uttar Pradesh after a truck driver was beaten to death by RTO staff at Naubatpur check post; police fire at unruly villagers to disperse them”.

A truck driver was beaten to death by cops for not paying a bribe and these people were protesting about it. The cop in the gif is hitting one of the protesting truckers.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Watching that TNL video I have come to the conclusion that ice is in fact, sentient. Breaks when you don't want it to, doesn't break when you want it to.

Also :wtf: at that clip with the dude on the ATV. I need to know if he's alive or not because holy poo poo :stonk:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Birb Katter posted:

Those videos are faked
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/radio/jalal-brothers-are-prank-victims-faking-it/news-story/ea582fb312f027838f0c700f34abc02b

Really obviously faked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMvtHlBrWEE

Mr Popo don't understand jokes

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Yeah but they probably didn't have permits for their imitation firearms

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Pro click for pro dick

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
http://i.imgur.com/8iTVyOR.webm

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I just love it when corrupt politicians get their nuts crushed in a vise. Doubly so when it really exposes some profound hypocrisy: a california state senator, who championed gun control, is going to prison for corruption and plotting some weapons trafficking.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...omepage%2Fstory

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

OTOH, this gives the "are guns" people some serious ammunition. :( (Pun not originally intended but I rolled with it when I realised it)

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Ragequit posted:

110-year-old woman gives zero fucks and is just done with life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAUn3A4QtaI

:(

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The schadenfreude is on the TV show. The balloons, their entire demeanor, all of it is almost painful given the guest of honor is really trying to will herself over the last hump toward death.

Don't feel bad about the woman, she's probably been napping since then.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:) Happy birthday Flossie!

:( Everyone I've ever loved is dead.

:) I hear that you like naps!

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/Z5tCjZQ.gifv

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

SLOSifl posted:

The schadenfreude is on the TV show. The balloons, their entire demeanor, all of it is almost painful given the guest of honor is really trying to will herself over the last hump toward death.

Yeah the lady is totally fine, the 'freude here is the painfully obvious fact that we don't know how to process death very well publicly so we try to cover it up with balloons and smiles and 'stay positive' vibes, and that is awkward as gently caress and really only serves to comfort the anxiety of the living who are struggling with how to process it. This lady is basically just making us keenly aware of the absurdity of this type of performance by simply refusing to participate. You stay awesome, old lady.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
If someone tried to interview my grandma she'd act just like that. She's 91, mostly blind, and spends her day washing and feeding my immobile grandfather.

I imagine if a reporter started asking her dumb meaningless questions she'd say something like "I never expected to live this long, and life gets extremely boring at this age". She says that to me at least once every time I see her.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
This is what it looks like when you try to do a live news report from an active gun range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF98CwXp8QE

Good idea, guys.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

MissEchelon posted:

Yeah but they probably didn't have permits for their imitation firearms

Permits for fake guns?

I know Aus has some hilariously strict gun regs but c'mon.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

TheDon01 posted:

Permits for fake guns?

What's not to get? You're not allowed the gun, and you're not allowed to wave around a replica in public like you actually do have the gun.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

This is perfect

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Measly Twerp posted:

What's not to get? You're not allowed the gun, and you're not allowed to wave around a replica in public like you actually do have the gun.

Nah I understand the whole brandishing part of it, But are you telling me theres actual permitting for replicas? Like a fake-gun license?

Or am I just misunderstanding the original statement and they were talking about not having a real-gun license while carrying fakes.

TheDon01 has a new favorite as of 19:27 on Feb 25, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

TheDon01 posted:

Permits for fake guns?

If you want to "display, possess, carry, use, import or sell" any imitation firearms in the state of Victoria you require a Chief Commissioner of Police Prohibited Weapons Approval or Governor in Council Exemption. You also need a special licence to own a paintball gun. Weapons manufactured before 1900, obvious toy firearms, spear guns, flare guns and nailguns don't require a licence.

Fake guns are apparently too scary for just anyone to own.

quote:

However, items that have the appearance of a working firearm, even where they do not function as one, are classified as imitation firearms. As imitation firearms can cause public alarm, only people with a Chief Commissioner's Weapons Approval or Governor in Council Exemption can possess, carry or offer them for sale in the State of Victoria.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TheDon01 posted:

Nah I understand the whole brandishing part of it, But are you telling me theres actual permitting for replicas? Like a fake-gun license?

Or am I just misunderstanding the original statement and they were talking about not having a real-gun license while carrying fakes.

Australia also has very strict rules on replicas. Paintball guns and air rifles are Category A firearms (the same as .22 rimfire non-automatic rifles and double-barrel shotguns) and require a "genuine reason" to be provided to petition for ownership. Deactivated guns are easier to get, but airsoft guns that:

A) Resemble real submachine guns or machine pistols
B) Fire full auto
C) Have folding or detachable stocks

are illegal. The individual states have even stricter prohibitions that either totally ban airsoft guns altogether or have an effective ban (like making them legal with registration and then refusing to register any). Only the Northern State allows airsoft guns to be owned with the appropriate firearms license....but they banned paintball guns instead.

It seems like the Australian government just has a really tenuous grasp on what a "gun" is and are just making things up as they go along so nobody notices their confusion.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If you want to "display, possess, carry, use, import or sell" any imitation firearms in the state of Victoria you require a Chief Commissioner of Police Prohibited Weapons Approval or Governor in Council Exemption. You also need a special licence to own a paintball gun. Weapons manufactured before 1900, obvious toy firearms, spear guns, flare guns and nailguns don't require a licence.

Fake guns are apparently too scary for just anyone to own.

So it's perfectly legit to wander around with a Colt-Browning M1895 without a license? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

SLOSifl posted:

It's the "You have 3 children, 12 grand-children, 20 great-grand-children and 15 great-great-grand-children"-part that makes me sad. I watched one of my grandmothers die in a retirement home while I was 5-15 years old, visiting every year to see her loosing more and more of herself. It was horrible.
The thing I took away from her 4 sons - all with families, raised as fine Christians - was: Old people are a bother and they don't need a happy live with their family anyway because they will die soon. Sorry for the :words: