Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Magical Zero posted:

That's what everyone is calling it at least. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that since lmb+rmb aren't affected by the same "global" cooldown you should use them after and before pretty much every ability. Spamming Impact for damage seems like terrible idea since you only want to detonate at 5 ember and/or 1 frozen.

Yeah, FM is less about combos and more about weaving situational stuff into the main cycle. As for impact, it can be spec'd into a single target attack that doesnt detonate embers and exploits freeze without removing it. So if you set LMB to auto detonate ember, and keep RMB able to chill you will end up with a permanently frozen enemy and constant big damage... unless another FM still using impact shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Are people still playing on Cho? So far I haven't caught Yurifel or Black Daimyonite online any of the times I've remembered to check.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe
There are still some people playing but the amount of activity seems to have dropped off; I'm not sure when I last saw Yurifel or Daimyonite on either.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
How bad is it? I've only just started playing and I'm level 16, should I just keep playing on Cho or is it worth starting over on a more active server?

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
Seems like there's usually only a few on at a time, but I don't watch the clan status particularly closely. I may also just be on while everyone else isn't, I guess.

Ultimately I wouldn't exactly consider my position authoritative, though.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

MShadowy posted:

Seems like there's usually only a few on at a time, but I don't watch the clan status particularly closely. I may also just be on while everyone else isn't, I guess.

Ultimately I wouldn't exactly consider my position authoritative, though.

I've been playing alts, which haven't been added to the guild yet.

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.
Everytime I ask if anybody wants to fill a spot in a 4-man Poh or Blood Harbor run on Cho I hit the guild tab and see that only Santa and I are on. #feelsbadman

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
I've been playing on Cho, but haven't joined the guild yet. I've been playing slowly (and badly?) so I'm not 45 yet.

HeroComplex
Jan 1, 2005

Why do I keep doing this to myself?
Has anyone else run into a bunch of bots in 1v1? It seems that 90% of the gold destroyers I come up against are just scripts. I lost a round against a real destroyer just due to being surprised that they were not actually a machine.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

HeroComplex posted:

Has anyone else run into a bunch of bots in 1v1? It seems that 90% of the gold destroyers I come up against are just scripts. I lost a round against a real destroyer just due to being surprised that they were not actually a machine.

Have you not been to the Profane Jianshi world boss lately? The bots have a standing military formation ready to jump on the boss as soon as he spawns. They are all destroyers wearing the profane outfit and wielding the profane axe.

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

HeroComplex posted:

There's definitely a ton of destroyer bots hanging around gold. Some of them seem to be humans following the same script as the bot, since they break out when they notice it's not working, but a lot of them are legitimately bots.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

UchihaHirou posted:

Have you not been to the Profane Jianshi world boss lately? The bots have a standing military formation ready to jump on the boss as soon as he spawns. They are all destroyers wearing the profane outfit and wielding the profane axe.

Yeah, saw a couple the other night. Until I realised what they were I was shocked that my cat had aggro without Crouching Tiger being active. Then I noticed their names were mushin+three letters and it clicked into place.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
On Cho at least, the bots camping the Profane Jiangshi had a pretty sophisticated setup, which I noticed back when I was grinding for the profane weapon so I could upgrade my gauntlets. It was completely self sustaining and didn't need human input to function--that is to say that the bots would handle starting the encounter on their own, albeit in a clearly artificial, regimented way. They even had some manner of error checking so that players couldn't gently caress with their scripting; if you lured them out of position, say, by dragging in a mob from outside the arena, they'd run back to where they started after a minute or two. It was actually kind of impressive. Whoever set it up had also for some reason included an FM, though I can't imagine it would have been very effective.

Ended up in that area last night and those bots have all since vanished (to be replaced by new bots without the clever humans-optional scripting); while I hope they'd been caught for all the botting, I suspect it's more likely that they've moved on to annoying pvp'ers.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

TheFluff posted:

I got a Brilliant Cinderlands Key from somewhere. Should I use it on one of the Deva roulette wheel chests or is there a worse RNG spot later in the Cinderlands that I should save it for?

That loving deva roulete wheel. I must have the worst luck or something, because I spun the wheel like 40 times and didn't get the stupid deva sword I needed to breakthrough on my BM, so I ended up buying a key on the marketplace. I had like 3 of every other loving breakthrough weapon.

The bots didn't seem to be able to pickup the glowing orbs on deva though, I had to do that every time. So annoying! They would just stand around waiting for somebody else to do it :lol:

I had some extra ncoin from when I bought a 30 day subscription, so I had picked up 10G on the currency exchange (60 ncoin : 1 G). I figure this way I can catch up to my buddies faster that are already 45 and I can play with them.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Rylek posted:

Everytime I ask if anybody wants to fill a spot in a 4-man Poh or Blood Harbor run on Cho I hit the guild tab and see that only Santa and I are on. #feelsbadman

I'd say remember to use the discord channel and just ask in there. It's a good way to set up cross-server runs for things like this. Seeing as the game isn't normally set up like big megaservers or anything. I know I'm always up for BSH 4 man on my BM if you guys are doing it.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

oh boy is it not fun to level up all your gear after spending the past 10 levels doing pvp

maybe i should just get through the story so i can buy this for dress-up and then never do pve again

http://bns-fashion.com/misty-woods-cold-iron-sword/

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Are the cutscenes and dialog any good? I just mash F and ESC through those and I have absolutely no idea what the storyline is about. Talk to this guy, carry this thing, kill 10 of these, talk to this other guy, talk to this other guy again, rinse repeat.

At least the map has the big circles of where you are supposed to be to kill whatever the quest is asking for.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Never skip any dialogue with your good buddy Chengun.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I did it! I beat floor 7 Mushin's tower on my KFM alt! Having only done it on my overgeared Summoner I had no idea how difficult it could be on an undergeared KFM but today, I did it. I had to learn exactly what I was doing wrong, why I could never kill him before enrage then I realized I wasn't doing searing palms enough. Its actually quite a lot of damage once you get them stacked up. I'm just super excited after beating it compared to beating it effortlessly on my summoner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGZeJ-Oyf_o If anyone else having trouble as KFM too, I recorded my run. (There are a lot of mistakes shh!)

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Searing Palm is the core of PVE damage because it's a massive stacking crit buff so you always want it up, yeah.

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

After it being a sweet ride for about three weeks, it looks like people have finally realized that pentagonal diamond pouches and polished granite were very profitable and rushed in (I was making about 4 gold a day in profit just off of those two) causing the prices to crash about 20% for each just since the maintenance, with profitability being cut by more than half. I've avoided getting into artisanal primers even though they're theoretically more profitable with less effort, but the reason for that is I just don't understand how large the markets are for those... like, I literally never see people talk about using them at all when contrasted with how much people talk about gems, and when I've searched I've found no guides that actually explain how they work.

So can anyone here actually explain how artisanal primers are useful (or link to an explainer)? Do they guarantee the maxing out of the selected refinement stat? How are they so much better than, say, simply using Elite Critical 8 soul shields as offerings that makes them actually worth multiple gold per piece?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Primers have a boosted rate of stat acquisition for sure. I haven't made artisanal yet because I'm poor but I do believe they guarantee max or near max crit values when you use them.

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

Well, hot drat, thanks for the quick response. I guess I'll try to get all the Radiant Ring achievements and then switch over to Soul Shield Artisans if the market doesn't recover by the time I do.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

The real moneymaking in Soul Wardens hinges entirely on being able to get access to the merry potters recipe unfortunately, which is still incredibly awful unless you have a nice chunk saved and can buy the 30-40g recipe easily

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

The real moneymaking in Soul Wardens hinges entirely on being able to get access to the merry potters recipe unfortunately, which is still incredibly awful unless you have a nice chunk saved and can buy the 30-40g recipe easily

Or get incredibly lucky and managed to get it for 12 gold during a Brightsone run like this guy right here :smuggo:

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

When I started the game I just went with what the game defaulted to, which was blademaster, so I have no hope of being competitive in PvP (like, that fact on top of me not being particularly good at fighting-style games), and as such this account is going to have plenty of extra gold to spend on just collecting stuff since it won't be min/maxing gear, etc. So I'll probably be getting all the recipes eventually haha.

The one thing I foresee being a problem is collecting stuff that can't be traded from the endgame dungeons that are designed to not be soloed until after they've been beaten in a party (because you need their upgrades in order to have the DPS to solo them), as I also decided with this account to see if it's possible to solo through the entire game as a blademaster. But so far I've never joined a party for anything at all, and I still managed to make it past the big hurdle of soloing Tomb of Exiles with level 20 gear, so it may still work out.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Willie Trombone posted:

When I started the game I just went with what the game defaulted to, which was blademaster, so I have no hope of being competitive in PvP (like, that fact on top of me not being particularly good at fighting-style games), and as such this account is going to have plenty of extra gold to spend on just collecting stuff since it won't be min/maxing gear, etc. So I'll probably be getting all the recipes eventually haha.

You can be competitive, you just need to work about twice as hard. While destroyers and summoners will be just mashing out their rotations in gold, you basically need to read your opponents and counterplay everything they do in order to beat them. I'd say Blade Master isn't even underpowered in the silver/gold brackets, just way more demanding from the player than the other classes. Destroyers and Blade Dancers can mash their spin while running around, KFMs have Q and E with a ton of i-frames and lots of really good stuns, assassin's will punish the gently caress out of you if you attack them recklessly. Blade Masters have their own way to parry and start combos, but they're nowhere near as easy to abuse as the other classes. I guess in a way that does make him underpowered though

If you stick to it, you'll eventually get to like high gold where Kung Fu Masters and Destroyers will take 80% off you if you have your tab escape on cooldown, and BM can't really do the same thing without a perfectly executed blade call combo (which is really annoying to do) and the lightning draw hongmoon skill (that apparently costs like 400g). I'm not an expert but I believe that's where Blade Master's underpowerdness on the high levels really stems from. Generally, Blade Master can't afford to make as many mistakes as other classes.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

On the weekly stream they announced that Naryu Labyrinth will NOT have legendary weapons. They feel the material costs are too steep for our economy to handle right now without introducing p2w elements. They'd like to introduce them eventually but are looking at alternative ways of doing so down the road.

They also confirmed that the SS trick to bypass doors is bannable. They'll be patching it next week, and will be issuing bans for people who abused it to extreme levels. So you probably shouldn't do it anymore if you were!

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

cathead posted:

On the weekly stream they announced that Naryu Labyrinth will NOT have legendary weapons. They feel the material costs are too steep for our economy to handle right now without introducing p2w elements. They'd like to introduce them eventually but are looking at alternative ways of doing so down the road.

They also confirmed that the SS trick to bypass doors is bannable. They'll be patching it next week, and will be issuing bans for people who abused it to extreme levels. So you probably shouldn't do it anymore if you were!

There's also confirmation of new craftable gems, and what they've said is a 'leveling event' to get the new warlock costume.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

cathead posted:

They should really not be trumpeting a hardline stance against the minor door thing when bots are currently running roughshod over every area of the game right now. It makes them look weak

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

They should really not be trumpeting a hardline stance against the minor door thing when bots are currently running roughshod over every area of the game right now. It makes them look weak

You mean the bot thing that they specifically said they were already working on a long term solution for? Also "we'll only ban people who abused it extensively" is not really a "hardline stance".

Like, what the gently caress is up with people's expectations, holy poo poo.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

cathead posted:

You mean the bot thing that they specifically said they were already working on a long term solution for? Also "we'll only ban people who abused it extensively" is not really a "hardline stance".

Like, what the gently caress is up with people's expectations, holy poo poo.
I don't think the expectation that automated players shouldn't be riddling every aspect of the game to this extent after only a month is unreasonable. But it's more that I haven't even seen them address how bad it is once in any official capacity, do you have a link to those?

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
Look at it this way. the only bots that are outright hurting NCSoft's bottom line are the ones spamming gold seller sites. They understand naturally that people dont want bots in the game so they work on a response but it's not the highest of high priorities, in my mind. I'd wager an initial ban wave by about oh, a week after WL release at latest

Also, there is no such thing as an f2p game without bots. Hell, Pay to play and Sub to play games like WoW and BDO have bots. It's just a thing now.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I don't think the expectation that automated players shouldn't be riddling every aspect of the game to this extent after only a month is unreasonable. But it's more that I haven't even seen them address how bad it is once in any official capacity, do you have a link to those?

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/183808-ncsoft-twitch-livestream-summary-warlock-week-ncsoft-official-statements/

quote:

Bot situation. First thing they talk about in the livestream is the bot situation

While they try to be transparent about what they work about, they plan to remain opaque about what they are doing against bots, in order to give less information to the people who make bots.
In-game GMs in every server and channel to ban bots on the spot is harder/resource intensive/time consuming than people realize. NCsoft is focusing more on long term solutions than a short term solution like this, as doing this will only stop bots for limited amounts of time.

Also yes I feel it's kind of unreasonable to expect them to have some magic fix after a couple weeks when almost every other MMO has issues with bots to some capacity. It's not that they're ignoring it, it's that the problem really is that difficult to actually fix in a significant manner.

cathead fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Feb 26, 2016

spidergoats
May 20, 2001
Yeah, if they haven't found a fix to the issue in 4 years, there might never be one. Jae still runs into bots in the KR version on his stream from time to time.

Leafy Wall
Oct 12, 2011
So if I wanted to play with a controller, are there any classes I should avoid? I really want to play a better Tera.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The gamepad controls are REALLY loving bad and I'd avoid using them if at all possible. The more 'simple' classes would be better for it because you need to do a lot of button juggling.

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

This is more of a shot in the dark than my last question, but here goes anyway: Does anyone know if the following sword (by appearance) is currently in the game on NA servers?

from here: http://bns-fashion.com/bokgon-sword/

If not, does anyone know how it is obtained in other regions' servers? It's the only sword that "apparently" is on the NA servers which has an exclusively black-and-red color scheme... except its availability where I know for sure it was available on NA servers was a bug and it was swapped with the correct sword appearance in the last patch (i.e., that webpage is inaccurate).

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.

Willie Trombone posted:

This is more of a shot in the dark than my last question, but here goes anyway: Does anyone know if the following sword (by appearance) is currently in the game on NA servers?

from here: http://bns-fashion.com/bokgon-sword/

If not, does anyone know how it is obtained in other regions' servers? It's the only sword that "apparently" is on the NA servers which has an exclusively black-and-red color scheme... except its availability where I know for sure it was available on NA servers was a bug and it was swapped with the correct sword appearance in the last patch (i.e., that webpage is inaccurate).

Isn't that the sword from the Crimson PvP Faction? I can't check right now but it seems familiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuai
May 25, 2004
:negative: whats the drop rate of noble of the sea i have never seen it drop yet i see people with it everywhere :negative:

• Locked thread