Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alain Post posted:

Charles Pierce dresses like a loving shithead

He is old and already well established as awesome and thus does not need to care what anyone thinks about his extremely stupid hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Grantland was really good overall, but obviously something was holding it back from a championship site. I mean, the parts were good, it had a star player in Bill Simmons. Now no one could say that Bill Simmons isn't successful, he's like the Phantom Menace of writers, yeah, people might not like him much, but he made money. My buddy Shed and I were talking about this, and he said that Bill Simmons is like his crazy ex-girlfriend, he sucks a lot, but you keep coming back for more. The Ringer, I'm just not sure, it's getting a ton of attention right now due to Bill Simmons, but is it going to be a success? I don't think so. My theory is that the Ringer actually needs to, get this, lose Simmons in order to succeed. Then when everyone writes them off, bam, they're a hit.

a good post.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Alain Post posted:

Bill Simmons owns. Wish he had written more grantland articles as opposed to this guy

I'd read like one sentence of that guys articles and want to Give the author a wedgie and scroll to see who it was and feel justified.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

DJExile posted:

lmao goddamn that is a great burn

Do you really think that's good and not worthless waste of space garbage from a tier 1A normie.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Toilet Mouth posted:

That guy is the Skip Bayless of politics
The great thing about Hamilton Nolan is that he hates suburbia so much that he wants all American metropolitan areas to be laid out like European metropolitan areas, and he just cannot put his finger on why there are such great differences between the two other than MERICA REDNECKS (hint hint the development of affordable automobiles for the average person was kind of a big deal for society)

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Work Friend Keven posted:

Do you really think that's good and not worthless waste of space garbage from a tier 1A normie.

I think it's good

I like Pierce because he's usually capable of writing something I fully disagree with but am still interested to read, in a positive way.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

JPP has filed a lawsuit against Adam Schefter and ESPN for tweeting his medical records

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Good.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The last part of that article is probably why JPP will lose, but that was a mighty poo poo thing Schefter did and I would like it if they did lose that case. The newsworthiness part of the information is pretty much explicitly stated to include professional athletes involved in accidents.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Kalli posted:

The last part of that article is probably why JPP will lose, but that was a mighty poo poo thing Schefter did and I would like it if they did lose that case. The newsworthiness part of the information is pretty much explicitly stated to include professional athletes involved in accidents.
I think you can make the legal argument that Schefter could have reported exactly what he did using only words instead posting a picture of Jason Pierre-Paul's medical chart.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Adam Schefter doesn't owe JPP any privacy in the legal sense.

This case is a non-starter.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

I think you can make the legal argument that Schefter could have reported exactly what he did using only words instead posting a picture of Jason Pierre-Paul's medical chart.

That's kind of how I feel about it. You can say it and claim "sources". You're Adam Schefter and if you say something like that, people are going to believe you. You don't need to post the guys loving charts on twitter. I know ESPN and all that bullshit but I'm shocked he wasn't fired or suspended after this mess. Actually who am I kidding. They probably gave him a gold watch for the scoop.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's bad to post photos of people's secure medical records, even if it's not 100% illegal, IMO.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Greg Howard has a piece up on how the Holtzclaw story was edited.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Spoeank posted:

I'm still bitter I paid MSRP for the Big Book of Basketball and got The Big Book of Garbage-rear end Opinions, The Look and Sucking off The Celtics

What the hell did you think you were buying? Did you not notice Bill Simmons' name on the cover until you got home?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Looking forward to Whitlock's rebuttal that the story is actually good, you people don't know the struggle of playing football for a middling midwestern school that nobody gives a poo poo about, and that these black women should've avoided getting criminal records which allowed them to be sexually exploited.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

trem_two posted:

Looking forward to Whitlock's rebuttal that the story is actually good, you people don't know the struggle of playing football for a middling midwestern school that nobody gives a poo poo about, and that these black women should've avoided getting criminal records which allowed them to be sexually exploited.
I don't really care for Jason Whitlock, but maybe you should actually wait until he says something really stupid before getting up in arms about it?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Crazy Ted posted:

I don't really care for Jason Whitlock, but maybe you should actually wait until he says something really stupid before getting up in arms about it?

That post is not even remotely angry or "up in arms" and also that completely sounds thing Jason Whitlock would say

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/703469719869923328

Whoa nelly

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

This is the good stuff :mmmhmm:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Best part is it led to this.

https://twitter.com/EvanMathis69/status/703471674289737728

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What is happening, I don't understand.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

jesus christ PFTCommenter

quote:

Some people get smarter & better at there jobs after sustaning brain trauma. Like for example, it was only after a concusson that Colt McCoy finally decided to move out of Cleveland, and JFKs civil rights agenda wasnt able to get fully implmented until after he sustaned a head injury.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

C. Everett Koop posted:

Holy poo poo. hahaha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

:thurman:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

Oh my goodness

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
http://deadspin.com/erin-andrews-espn-forced-me-to-go-on-tv-and-talk-about-1762058985

quote:

Q: So did ESPN require that you give an interview?

Yes. Because there wasn’t an arrest, because we didn’t know where this happened, my bosses at ESPN told me, “before you go back on air for college football we need you to give a sit-down interview.” And that was the only way I was going to be allowed back.
What the gently caress? How did this not leak? She should be suing ESPN.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Bah gawd

Ribsauce posted:

http://deadspin.com/erin-andrews-espn-forced-me-to-go-on-tv-and-talk-about-1762058985

I want ESPN to crash and burn so much

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ribsauce posted:

hooooooooollllly poo poo :stare:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
PFT Commenter is joining Barstool Sports????

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ribsauce posted:

You should have quoted the second part of that testimony too, because it's loving awful:

Erin Andrews' testimony posted:

We went, I wanted nothing to do with it. I was in the office, or her green room, and I was sitting there and I was just bawling at my parents. “It’s Oprah Winfrey, how do you not want to see her?” And I was just freaking out, and I just said “I don’t want to do this, I don’t want to do this. I just want to go back to college football. I don’t want to talk about what happened to me, why can’t I just be normal? Like, why can’t I go back?”

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Henchman of Santa posted:

PFT Commenter is joining Barstool Sports????

Yep, which is disappointing. Not sure why a genuinely funny dude would join that cesspool.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Oh boy now that women writers are calling that place out for being a poo poo hole the BS staff are pulling the "what? We don't do anything, we can't control other people" faux innocence bit again

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

The Comeback did an oral history of AOL Fanhouse. I haven't gotten through the whole thing but it's pretty solid so far.

http://thecomeback.com/blog/general/oral-history-aol-fanhouse-prologue-creation-fanhouse.html

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Take it away, folks

https://twitter.com/WhitlockJason/status/704721164812181504

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ohhhhhhhhhhh man :munch:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

zakharov posted:

Yep, which is disappointing. Not sure why a genuinely funny dude would join that cesspool.

For some reason it gets really, REALLY good traffic, especially in Bos/NYC/Chi.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

i wish this was an open ended poll

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Man

https://twitter.com/exavierpope/status/704720701236891648

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Troy Queef posted:

For some reason it gets really, REALLY good traffic, especially in Bos/NYC/Chi.

It's not hard to market to shitbag bros, especially when you have other people saying how scummy it is