Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

LA beaches are terrible

:fuckoff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

This is it guys. I finally found the city for me. poo poo tons of canals, tightly packed buildings, good transit, and great food. I don't wanna ever go back to the states.

also drugs and hookers.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
In 3 months, Chicago will be the best city in the world for a period of 4 months.
In 10 months, Chicago will be the worst city in the world for a period of 3 months.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Podima posted:

If you're a speech therapist or in that field at all, kudos to you! I saw a speech therapist all the way through high school, and I credit that in a big way for how well I can speak now despite my hearing loss. :)
Thanks! I am.

Nice thing to hear on a stressful week!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Murmur Twin posted:

As opposed to Boston which is just poo poo tons of tightly packed transit :j: Have fun out there and don't do anything I wouldn't do!

Don't root for any quality sports teams while you're there, Kash.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

yuming posted:

What kind?

I can't recommend Green Cheeks enough! My Korben is real quiet, for a bird, and has learned to say "HI KORBEN" "GIMME KISS" "THANK YOU" "PRETTY BIRD!" awww I love birds :sun:

Yep, it's a Green Cheek

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm, apparently my phone number is being spoofed.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

merk posted:

In 3 months, Chicago will be the best city in the world for a period of 4 months.
In 10 months, Chicago will be the worst city in the world for a period of 3 months.

actually chicago is better than boston at all times

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It is not, however, better than Philly at any time. Weird.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

gently caress Philly. I really don't like it here.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It probably doesn't like you either :grin:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

A chilly 52° here in Atlanta! Brrrrr!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm sure it doesn't. We're here because my wife got into Temple U. I think in our hearts we just aren't city people.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
That's the one thing I really like and dislike about the midwest, the weather fluctuates constantly. It's really hot in the summer and really cold in the winter, and then we have like weird breaks the first week of February where it's 70 degrees for 4 days. I'd love to live in a place like SF where weather stays perpetually cool and mild, but I'd still kind of miss the fluctuations.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

She's also had some extremely troubling experiences on the subway that have really soured us on where we are.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Spiros posted:

It is not, however, better than Philly at any time. Weird.

Philadelphia is probably the best city where the residents cannot spell its name.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It is a nice mild 66 degrees out right now. Sky is clear after thunderstorms all yesterday.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Max posted:

She's also had some extremely troubling experiences on the subway that have really soured us on where we are.

I've never had issues but I'm also not a woman so I'm sure there are issues she faces that I don't. Sorry to hear that :(

I admit I'm not a city guy, though, I really am a fan of Cherry Hill and the surrounding area. So nice, so much to do, so easy to get anywhere important.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Philadelphia is probably the best city where the residents cannot spell its name.

Bad news Keane it turns out you aren't living in New Dork City after all, hope this explains some things.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's like high 50s today in Tampa was p nice walking to class.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Max posted:

I'm sure it doesn't. We're here because my wife got into Temple U. I think in our hearts we just aren't city people.

I'm still adjusting from "living in a city" to "living a 10-mile drive from any businesses at all" but so far, so good :)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
wow america sounds insanely hot

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Centigrade is for backward peoples.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

It's because I'm here, of course. :sun:

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Birdstrike posted:

It's hotter than whatever roost you've taken up

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Spiros posted:

Spiros be all like

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Spiros posted:

dw the brave people of burma support you

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tommunist posted:

dw the brave people of burma support you

Imperialism ftw

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Folks are awfully smug about using a system of measurement that doesn't start at zero.

Kelvin supremacy.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

kelvin is the only correct option

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The weather has been garbage here for the last few days. It was a huge thunderstorm last night which filled the streets with water, which because of the snow piled up on the sides of sidewalks means that the sidewalks are basically entirely 6-inch puddles. Also the water then froze and then thawed a little so now it's all ice covered with water, which is super slippery.

And now it's snowing so it'll all be covered up even more and you won't be able to see anything.

Also I saw my advisor today and in typical fashion in front of the whole group she was like OH HI WHY HAVEN'T YOU ANSWERED MY EMAILS. *cue 25 people turning around and looking at me*

Thanks, appreciated.

I didn't really get a chance to talk to her because she was giving a presentation, but we are gonna set a meeting up next week.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

DAMMIT KEANE

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are there any non cyor games going on?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Folks are awfully smug about using a system of measurement that doesn't start at zero.

Kelvin supremacy.

Nice balancing the scale NOT ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!! #istandwithfeet

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Down to 509°R. Will keep you guys updated as long as our infrastructure can keep me on the internet.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20151123-how-dark-is-your-personality?ocid=fut.ppc.kwe.we.0.dec_ca&kwp_0=76145&kwp_4=411343&kwp_1=238654

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I am Moderately Nefarious like Don Draper. Higher on Machiavellianism and Narcissism but pretty low on Psychopathy.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

are there any non cyor games going on?

Friction.123 is still recruiting for his XCOM Nailbiter open-setup game! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764598

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am infrequently vile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!