Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Hell yeah made it to 24 as my bard just grouping it up. Pretty scared of learning to swarm kite though. So far I am enjoying the grouping experien ce more than soloing. Mistmoore is great exp but unless I can join a pond group I might as well just not play at all since nothing soloable is nearby. What are some good other spots a mid 20s caracter can do thats not MM or Unrest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Never Been Banned
Sep 7, 2004
Okay well, maybe once...

Athropos posted:

Hell yeah made it to 24 as my bard just grouping it up. Pretty scared of learning to swarm kite though. So far I am enjoying the grouping experien ce more than soloing. Mistmoore is great exp but unless I can join a pond group I might as well just not play at all since nothing soloable is nearby. What are some good other spots a mid 20s caracter can do thats not MM or Unrest?

You should check out highkeep hold for the goblin smashing groups in the basement. Great exp until the early 30s or whatever. You might find its a bit overcrowded, but put your name down on a list and it shouldnt take too long. This should hold you over until more camps in MM open up for you like CE and CY, etc. Sol A is also a way underhunted and excellent exp dungeon that you may be able to tackle in some form soon.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

dakuroot posted:

Rogean: Accounts with characters under level 5 will now be subject to the following chat limits across all public channels:
2 Messages per 10 seconds.
Messages must be under 80 characters.
Messages must contain 70% Lowercase alphabet.
Rogean: All characters are subject to a one message per half-second limitation across all public channels.

That was what went live on Jan 31st, seems like if you're over level 5 as long as you're not trying to send faster than every half second you should be good? How quickly were you sending messages?

Thanks for the info, I hadn't checked the patch. I'll level my guy up to 6. Some messages got through and others didn't and I couldn't figure out what was going on. I guess sending "In EC" to someone falls under the lowercase rule no matter how long you wait after your previous message.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Athropos posted:

You should practice swarming in Steamfont or something since it is close, while you wait. A good bard can do like 30-46 in a few hours of OT swarming, and 40-50 in a few hours of DL swarming. Which means you could bring some idiots along and get rich.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Did Tower of Frozen Shadow happen? If not, I'll be on in about 4-5 hours

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
We are doing Tower of Frozen Shadow tonight... in a short while actually. Need tanks 45+ and maybe a chanter and cleric and something besides all these necros, druids, whatevers.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
TOFS happening a 6pmish EST. Caiu is already in there trying to get a couple of keys.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Our "raid" is on. http://www.twitch.tv/mookc

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
we got to the fourth floor and failed at getting the key npc to spawn. it was a horrible maze of boredom. grats Endosmoke on a nice range

two of this nice range item dropped but they're nodrop and no one could use it :(

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

If there are any people looking for a rematch in Tower of Frozen Shadow, I've got my fully keyed warrior parked in Iceclad for a couple nights. Maybe we can luck into some more upgrades for people.

dakuroot
Sep 22, 2003
^________^
I'm always down to try frozen tower again. Just sucks we couldn't get that keyholder mob to spawn.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
i'm down for going up to 7th floor if we can get the right combination of people

having her master key would be nice.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I have the master key on my rogue. I'm without a working PC atm though.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

iNteg posted:

I have the master key on my rogue. I'm without a working PC atm though.

I haven't tested it yet, but my understanding was that the Master key just took you to 7 from the first floor. Has anyone confirmed it working on all of the mirrors in the zone? (if not, we'll want to kill Vhal'sera on 6 which sounds like a nuisance)

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

quote:

1st floor: No key required. Click in from Iceclad.
2nd floor key: Crystal Key - dropped by a large undead gnoll on the 1st floor
3rd floor key: Three Toothed Key - dropped by an angry librarian on the 2nd floor
4th floor key: Frosty key - dropped by an enraged shadow beast on the 3rd floor
5th floor key: Small rusty key - dropped by Cara Omica on the 4th floor
6th floor key: Bone finger key - dropped by an enraged relative on the 5th floor
7th floor key: Large metal key - dropped by VhalSera on the 6th floor
Master key to all floors: Tserrina's Key - dropped by Tserrina Syl`Tor on the 7th floor

from the p99 wiki. i wouldn't know personally, though

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I haven't tested it yet, but my understanding was that the Master key just took you to 7 from the first floor. Has anyone confirmed it working on all of the mirrors in the zone? (if not, we'll want to kill Vhal'sera on 6 which sounds like a nuisance)

It will. But it also gets you to floor 1.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

iNteg posted:

It will. But it also gets you to floor 1.

Tried it. It's just like the others. You basically need 6-7 slots to carry keys for each floor you want to return to. Nothing too special unless you want to farm Tserrina

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Athropos forced me to play this 16 year old mmo that keeps on stepping on my balls. I have made a commitment to levelling my wonderful Iksar necro and I will make it through, I'm in need of an invite.

Character name: Umbramortis

I am on right now as of this post at 12pm EST time.

dakuroot
Sep 22, 2003
^________^
Hooray this weekend I hit 50 with Endosmoke, Who'd be up for some guild Seb groups and other fun post 50 stuff now? I've noticed we should have just about enough to get a decent group running for things.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
i'm down for some stuff this weekend on my 55 necro.

at the very least we could get more guildies at the appropriate levels keyed up for Sebilis. if not we can do something else. first island plane of air? :P

also, something that guild groups do that isn't camped to hell like sebilis -- we could key up people for charasis and try one of the better loot wings. so far there i've only been doing north wing, entrance, and basement, mostly duo but some solo.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
I've dabbled in EQ (mostly Shards of Dalaya, got a 60 Shaman there) but I'm trying this out with a couple friends. If anyone can port/bind/gnvite my Gnome Mage or just wanna say 'sup', I'm Pheart in game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

J3ng4 posted:

I've dabbled in EQ (mostly Shards of Dalaya, got a 60 Shaman there) but I'm trying this out with a couple friends. If anyone can port/bind/gnvite my Gnome Mage or just wanna say 'sup', I'm Pheart in game.

I got ya back.

Never Been Banned
Sep 7, 2004
Okay well, maybe once...

Zaphod42 posted:

I got ya back.

I just finished the eyepatch of plunder quest last night on blue and boy oh boy. Between the stormfeather and lodi pieces i think i put at least 3 inches on and considerable density into my neckbeard. What a psychologically terrifying quest.

Great item though.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

Never Been Banned posted:

I just finished the eyepatch of plunder quest last night on blue and boy oh boy. Between the stormfeather and lodi pieces i think i put at least 3 inches on and considerable density into my neckbeard. What a psychologically terrifying quest.

Great item though.

are you the secret warrior goon who messaged me in game?

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Whoa Tiss I didn't know you were a goon

Never Been Banned
Sep 7, 2004
Okay well, maybe once...

khysanth posted:

Whoa Tiss I didn't know you were a goon

Whatup brah.

Whats your characters name?

Never Been Banned fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 25, 2016

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl
It's probably Khysanth if I had to guess.

Also give me your eyepatch.

Kefit fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 25, 2016

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Kefit posted:

It's probably Khysanth if I had to guess.

Yea Khysanth, AKA Booter and Thugly and Grillda

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
i finally made it. feels good

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Must be time to wake that bitch up then!

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

i finally made it. feels good

Is Empire leaving him asleep?

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
yeah we have no real reason to wake the sleeper

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Sounds like a good reason to wake The Sleeper to me!

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Doesn't the zone loot tables change to crap if the sleeper is killed?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Kortel posted:

Some best in slot armor items go poof, but you can still farm primals albeit slower.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

Kortel posted:

they're a few items, but the amount of drama over them not dropping anymore is insane.

most notable of these items being:

Shroud of Longevity
Sceptre of Destruction
Mask of Tinkering

primals still drop from one npc.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Came up today in guildchat when Aatrek was being a peeping tom.

The deathloop, reroll, rez thing - is that for real? How hard will staff ban for doing it?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I was thinking about picking this back up again. RED is still the goon hangout, correct?

Reduced is my baby bard character.

Read the OP and sighed. Rolled a new baby bard on Blue, named Pubbies.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 28, 2016

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

pepito sanchez posted:

they're a few items, but the amount of drama over them not dropping anymore is insane.

most notable of these items being:

Shroud of Longevity
Sceptre of Destruction
Mask of Tinkering

primals still drop from one npc.

So.. Get your drops then kill the Sleeper? Sorry I'm a horrible person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Kortel posted:

So.. Get your drops then kill the Sleeper? Sorry I'm a horrible person.

Yes, that is what they did. Welcome to EQ.