Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Has anyone pointed out that it doesn't kill Sigarda yet?

I think we need to hit the nail on the head a few more times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

RubberJohnny posted:

Not posted yet?

This looks like one of those giant cards they have on easels at cons and stuff.

Or is the background just making the perspective weird?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Thing I learned today: emrakul has flying

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
not enough phthalo green tbh

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Clip its wings
- development expression meaning "gently caress Dragonlord Ojutai".

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

RubberJohnny posted:

Not posted yet?

Avacyn symbol on the sword?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Clip its wings
- development expression meaning "gently caress Dragonlord Ojutai".

correct

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

RubberJohnny posted:

Not posted yet?
So, basically confirms that the plot is "angels have turned evil, bad guys have to save the world" right?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Yawgmoth posted:

So, basically confirms that the plot is "angels have turned evil, bad guys have to save the world" right?

Evil angels sounds cool so I hope so. C'mon WB Avacyn!

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Entropic posted:

Evil angels sounds cool so I hope so. C'mon WB Avacyn!

Fallen Angel might actually be an appropriate reprint

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Might be a good opportunity for non-black villains too.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Elyv posted:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=26259

:v:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

suicidesteve posted:

It's another one of those cards that isn't nearly good enough to fight the Eldrazi decks that people are playing because it's one of the best possible options available to fight the Eldrazi decks.

Also, Goon League VI is over and DAD LOST MY IPOD is the winner with Joblins! He won like, a pack of one of the Master Editions sets and a play set of Mulldrifters! Everyone congratulate him then join Goon League VII: Dirge of Faeries: a MTGO only tournament!

Y'all should join this. MTGO is poo poo but Pauper is really good and I have plenty more MED packs to give to the winners after I lose to my good matchups and beat my bad matchups somehow.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
that's gisela poor gisela

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

If it didn't have kicker it legit could be. Angel of Despair still makes sense.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I don't think it's really going to be "bad guys saving the world". I think it's going to be "Angels are going around killing everyone, bad guys are using the opportunity to rise again, good guys have to fight off both."

anglachel
May 28, 2012

sarmhan posted:

I don't think it's really going to be "bad guys saving the world". I think it's going to be "Angels are going around killing everyone, bad guys are using the opportunity to rise again, good guys have to fight off both."

Maybe Nahari hosed with Avacyn's programming somehow? (blah blah blah implanted Hedrons) Or the whole Nahari is Avacyn theory that keeps getting floated around is true, (Nahari should be dead post mending no? I mean Lilly had to do some questionable things to survive, so there has to be some form of explanation on how Nahari is still doing her thing) and she is commanding her Angel minions to gently caress up the place?

anglachel fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 26, 2016

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
it's my fault, I was so distraught over AVR that I flipped the angel switch from good to evil.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Here comes the 3 legendary multicolored angels v2.0 :getin:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

black potus posted:

that's gisela poor gisela

WBR gisela confirmed

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The angels don't have to be black at all- this sort of "for the greater good" evil is totally in white's pie.
WR- purge the unfaithful
GW- destroy those who may threaten the community
UW- remove any negative influences from society

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Elyv posted:

I would really love this because then my aristocrats deck would largely survive rotation.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

I would really love this because then my aristocrats deck would largely survive rotation.

I don't think that a 5 mana sac outlet is what that deck needs to survive rotation.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Yawgmoth posted:

You still have 4 Fleshbag.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Fleshbag is a one-shot. You need a 0-mana, repeatable sac outlet for the deck to function.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Husk isn't going away either.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

sarmhan posted:

Fleshbag is a one-shot. You need a 0-mana, repeatable sac outlet for the deck to function.

The Sac outlet is still there. It's losing part of its card advantage engine with Haruspex and, most importantly, the inevitable game-ending bomb in Rally.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
it's also losing half its manabase

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

UB aristocrats works fine and that loses very little.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Both 1 drops isn't very little.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Bloodsoaked Champion is definitely something but it seems likely SoI will have a Reassembling Skeleton variant. I don't think Sultai Emissary -> Carrier Thrall is that big of a downgrade.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Mezzanon posted:

Both 1 drops isn't very little.

Are you referring to Sidisi's Faithful, which is a Dragons of Tarkir card and Not Rotating Out?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Welcome to the fulcrum of the new block rotation, gents. Which cards with little fangs on them are ok and which are not will plague us for the next year.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Welcome to the fulcrum of the new block rotation, gents. Which cards with little fangs on them are ok and which are not will plague us for the next year.

the two scimitars over a shield or the dragon head? Its not difficult.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

ub aristocrats isn't the deck playing rally the ancestors. though it probably shouldn't need to be explained, the deck people refer to as rally (or 4c rally) is the one losing half its mana base in the rotation of fetchlands.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yawgmoth was talking about 'an aristocrats deck', which usually doesn't mean rally. Indeed we can infer it's not Rally because he suggested it could survive rotation. I suspect there will still be a Nantuko Husk/Zulaport Cutthroat deck after rotation.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 26, 2016

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

There's basically no way 4c decks will be playable post rotation. Even 3 color gets a lot harder.

Recess Rapist
Jul 4, 2004
I no longer whack; I use a driptorch.
i think its cool they did a whole evil angel website

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GeneX posted:

the deck people refer to as rally (or 4c rally) is the one losing half its mana base in the rotation of fetchlands.

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Count Bleck posted:

Are you referring to Sidisi's Faithful, which is a Dragons of Tarkir card and Not Rotating Out?

Yes that is correct. I rescind my previous statement.

Come on returning 1 drop in SOI!

• Locked thread