Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

MeLKoR posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/47hnmt/dereks_minimes_are_out_in_force_today/

You know, this guy might be on to something... Maybe we shouldn't use the same name on both sites as it perhaps helps them spot who we are. I can't believe I hadn't thought about this before. :negative:

Wait, they know it's me on both sites? gently caress! How will I ever retain my anonymity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lime Tonics posted:

As lead developer I don't know *why* things are happening.

Seems about right ben, you've lost all credibility.

edit:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319870/the-xian-scout-will-perhaps-be-a-two-seater-reply-from-ben/p3

Thread blew up.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Apparently this person has not seen a modern fighter aircraft with an all-glass cockpit.

WW2 in space is the future.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A Neurotic Jew posted:

a new segment on AtV where Ben Lesnick goes searching for the missing videogame ship seat, except its just him looking under chairs and in filing cabinets and shrugging his shoulders while film noir jazz plays in the background.

too much BENding!

i slay me

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Toops posted:

I love this idea. What should I change the radar signatures to? Birds? Wheelchairs? I'm a programmer guys, I lack comedy, and I need your help.

Make the signature a three-dimensional representation of the audio spectrum of FULL BURN.

Step 1: Every time a starship arrives, have it play FULL BURN.
Step 2: As FULL BURN plays, get its audio spectrum.
Step 3: Rotate that audio spectrum in a circle whose radius is the total number of hitpoints the enemy has (SEE THE loving THING IS USEFUL). Or some other feature. Maybe the inverse of the distance so close stuff overwhelms the radar with the POWER OF SONG.
Step 4: Repeat for every starship.
Step 5: FULL BURN

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

moonraker posted:

I think the point is being missed . For me Lesnick is the physical manifestation of the soul of this project . Shrouded in Gluttony and lies and a patronising condescending attitude towards the very people who made the whole project happen. Like a school teacher giving a lecture to some naughty boys , as he reaches in there pocket and steals there dinner money . This is a man who has 0 skill are experience in design and engineering and cryengine . And yet he abused his position in order to gain favour with his masters and on around the Verse proceeds to tell every one that he is selling a ship " a personal project of his" he said. Its the science ship and with all add-ons costs about a $1000 its huge its NEVER been done before, hell even a whole division of biowhere could just manage the Normandy and that was ground breaking

And here he is Ben a x school teacher and dungeon crawler telling you he has designed a world first over the course of 4 days in his office lmao , A Hugh science ship that's going to work in a MMO and you will be able to interact with it all and your for just under $1000. He and the designers must have know it was bullshit but he sold it like it was the gospel truth and told you why you needed it. Best of all almost no one in the community stopped to ask some very important question like "is this even possible ?" they lapped that poo poo up

Bens and CIG behaviour has been criminal for a while now they have been selling things that are never going to get built are sold its like selling a time share investments for dream holiday homes . And when all the paying customers turn up to there dream homes for a holiday and see a building site and a shanty town.Then the penny will drop and they will realise they have been scammed . If I was ben I would part company and distance himself for the sake of his health and his wife .Because like it are not he has been the mouth piece of CIG there is still time for him but I am sure he will lie to the bitter end are until some deranged fan comes looking for answers to there broken dreams he is CR number 1 minion and deserves all he gets .Goons are doing the gaming community a service by shedding light on the biggest crowd funding scam in history

Ben has NEVER been a school teacher. He WORKED for a school district at a low technician job. He wasn't even a technology coordinator just an hourly employee. I can assure you Ben would never pass the requirements to become a school teacher. First off you have to walk around about 6 hours a day. Today was a SLOW day (I did testing most of the day) and according to my fitbit I walked 3.7 miles. On a busy day I walk 8. Ben would loving die as a school teacher.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Darkpriest667 posted:

Wait, they know it's me on both sites? gently caress! How will I ever retain my anonymity?

it's too late commando, you've been outsmarted by Redditors

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i really want some clear answers about how FULL BURN came to exist before this whole thing goes down

like i don't care about these reddit assholes and their money. somehow, somewhere, this song was recorded for this game and i want to know about it

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Darkpriest667 posted:

Ben has NEVER been a school teacher. He WORKED for a school district at a low technician job. He wasn't even a technology coordinator just an hourly employee. I can assure you Ben would never pass the requirements to become a school teacher. First off you have to walk around about 6 hours a day. Today was a SLOW day (I did testing most of the day) and according to my fitbit I walked 3.7 miles. On a busy day I walk 8. Ben would loving die as a school teacher.

or not die because he wouldnt be morbidly obses from all that walking

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Ha ha. I'm sure John Rhys-Davies will give another great video game performance in Star Citizen. Like his memorable performance in 1996's smash hit Ripper.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

G0RF posted:

This was before.

It's up to 223 likes now. This warms my heart. The man has gamer cred beyond what most people do and he deserves to do what he likes for fun. Unlike CIG at least he isn't lying or manipulating anyone. I bet he has some fantastic stories about the tabletop community in the 70s.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The French Army! posted:

How old is Lesnick anyhow? Just trying to get a feel for how long it will be before his loved ones buy one hilariously oversized coffin after the inevitable heart attack. Poor guy, I feel bad watching him just struggle to move in all these videos. Get some loving help man.

I feel bad for his pallbearers.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Variable 5 posted:

Too late to change it back now, duh.

Edit: Sorry guys, I’m tired of this. It’s not fun for anyone but your group and it’s tedious for anyone else posting to the forums. The level of toxicity the users posting to this thread adds to the forums is not acceptable.
I am absolutely bored with the insane levels of smug pretense happening here. It’s not fooling anyone (other than regular users already keyed up about ‘Goons’ playing the same game as they are, and you sure showed them! Take that, pubbies!) and it’s just so uninteresting. “We’re just standing up for the little guy! Help we’re being oppressed! Etc.!” I have some good news for you: you’re a regular forum user and you don’t need to stand up for anybody. You don’t run the place. That’s the moderation staff’s job, and if they suck at it then I will fire them.

They don’t suck at it right now, though. Your constant baiting isn’t changing my mind about that, it’s making me feel sorry for the group of people I put in the position of having to deal with you. It’s really, really obvious what’s happening, and no number of lengthy PMs about your views on how moderation is supposed to work are going to change that. The level of disrespect here is outrageous; absolutely no one believes you’re really here with obnoxious rule-skating signatures and stupid parody account avatars because you’re incredibly concerned with how a particular forum’s moderation works.

But if that is a genuine worry: if Toast bans someone for being a Goon instead of for being an rear end in a top hat, let me know (via PM, not endless toxic thread) and I will fire Toast. Until that happens, this is just tiresome and makes the forums look bad to everyone. (And this is just a gut feeling, but maybe the moderator bias that you all claim to be so worried about above anything else in the universe would be more obvious to me if absolutely anyone other than the people posting to this thread were contacting me about it?)

I will say that this is in no way a condemnation of all “Goons.” In following the Star Citizen threads at SA, it’s clear there are lots of Something Awful users who are interested in/excited about Star Citizen. You aren’t being haunted by some EVE reputation that you pretend to know nothing about… you’re giving the group a bad name right here (literally, in the name of your thread.) But of course you know that. SA is full of entirely reasonable people (myself included) who do all kinds of interesting things. Endless forum “shitposting” and trying to get moderators/staff fired isn’t one of those interesting things.

Thread closed.

Every time Ben gets frustrated, he talked about how "bored" he is with something. As if we're supposed to give a poo poo that his attention span has failed him. It's his standard line whenever he's directly confronted with something.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bootcha posted:

No, this is cooperative decision, not just hers.

lol

star citizen is a video game right?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Variable 5 posted:

What's worse: piss-poor documentation or no documentation at all?

Piss poor.

No documentation mean you can bill time to unfuck the thing with Stack Overflow and coffee while writing the real doc.

Piss poor only make you go insane when you spend 2h coding a fix only to find out the thing its for is documented wrong and not really do what you believed it did.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

runsamok posted:

Ultra Violet does not enjoy that mental image. Nor curry, but she loves cheesecake & yoghurt!

Your high-quality catte posts are very much in keeping with the recent upturn in soap-opera drama this thread is seeing.

And I don't think I've ever seen a cat that doesn't recoil from curried meat. Even dogs are a bit leery about spicy stuff. Chilli must really freak out animals.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lime Tonics posted:

edit:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319870/the-xian-scout-will-perhaps-be-a-two-seater-reply-from-ben/p3

Thread blew up.

Ben is the Director of Starships.

The Director of Starships does not know why a starship, of which he is the Director, is missing a seat.

People are thanking him for saying this.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Octopode: I know you're super-busy protecting NORAD and all the .govs and .mils from North Korea and Uzbekistan or whatever, but can you take a moment to let us know what you think of the current state of STAR CITIZEN?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

I feel bad for his pallbearers.

Don't worry, forklifts aren't sentient.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Every time Ben gets frustrated, he talked about how "bored" he is with something. As if we're supposed to give a poo poo that his attention span has failed him. It's his standard line whenever he's directly confronted with something.

Just like Dolvak when you offered proof on the emails.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't care about thing

I care so little about thing I find it boring

I care so little about thing I'm posting about it

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
This thread is a place of joy.

Also the regular reminder

Bootcha posted:

do your goon de yadda derek.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

EightAce posted:

Mr Lesnick is most definitely feeling the wrath of Khan .... ouch

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

lol that the xian scout has "won races" in the "lore" despite the model being too big to fit in the racing rings, gg

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ben is the Director of Starships.

The Director of Starships does not know why a starship, of which he is the Director, is missing a seat.

People are thanking him for saying this.

Someone dig up that pic of Ben basically making GBS threads in backers mouths on the RSI forums and Beer is one of the first responses saying 'Thanks Ben'

I need a laugh

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
This thread is worth the $10 alone, keep up the entertainment everyone :)

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Can't believe our plan with Jeffrey worked out so well! Nice job guys. Who will make the next video?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Oh the huge manatee!

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Solarin posted:

I love this dog. Can we make your dog the official thread mascot?? Derek Smart is adorable but not quite as much as the pooch

LET ME loving FETCH!

PS: greetings from page 1738

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The radar from Privateer 2 has been around since the first Wing Commander, and I still don't understand why CR just didn't use it again. It's functional, easily understood, and rapidly conveys critical information. Plus it's an easy homage to the original WC.

But nope, gotta have the shinies.

The first sign that it would never be in Star Citizen is that it's actually functional and works.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Lime Tonics posted:

edit:

Thread blew up.

I remember reading somewhere about a newly hired sound dev for Daikatana getting laughed at by Romero during a meeting for pronouncing the hero's name wrong. After everyone in the room nervously shared the boss joke, his answer was "Maybe you should have told the voice and sound team the correct way, because half of the recorded lines are said with that pronunciation". After a few call and some checkup, they had to scrap half the voice work and ran into difficult scheduling problems because some of the voice actors where no longer available.

Something, something, history like poetry rhyme with its repeat self.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Darkpriest667 posted:

The first sign that it would never be in Star Citizen is that it's actually functional and works.

Boom.

I'd just like to say that I personally appreciate how much more tolerable your posting has become. You're one of the good ones.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eonwe posted:

Someone dig up that pic of Ben basically making GBS threads in backers mouths on the RSI forums and Beer is one of the first responses saying 'Thanks Ben'

I need a laugh

I would look through my post history but for SOME REASON I automatically log out whenever I connect to the forums.

prak
Jan 3, 2006

---------
Nap Ghost

Romes128 posted:

Plot twist
Has anyone suggest it is the mole hunting private investigator yet?

An avatar for after he (or she) is revealed.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

or not die because he wouldnt be morbidly obses from all that walking

No bud, his heart would not make it through a week of that kind of rigor along with all the other stress that you get to deal with. He'd die man. It's a 50% turnover rate within the first year. 80% in 5 years. There is a reason for that.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Brownhat posted:

I subbed after watching a couple of his videos. I don't know if I could be as kind and positive as he is while facing what he's facing.

He might believe in a better life after death (I do) and actually be looking forward to it. :gbsmith:

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Boom.

I'd just like to say that I personally appreciate how much more tolerable your posting has become. You're one of the good ones.

Gee Thanks! Does that mean you're going to send me awesome beer or do I have to raise 10 million dollars on lies first?

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker

BMan posted:

I made another word thing I guess

http://i.imgur.com/XfJoZCn.gifv

watched. rooted for "poo".

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Darkpriest667 posted:

No bud, his heart would not make it through a week of that kind of rigor along with all the other stress that you get to deal with. He'd die man. It's a 50% turnover rate within the first year. 80% in 5 years. There is a reason for that.

Even if he did manage to survive the classroom, he wouldn't survive past the first PTA conference.

:pgabz: "You said there would be no homework on Fridays, and then at the last minute you dropped a ten page essay on them?"

:lesnick: "I don't know how that assignment got in there, I'll look into it. We may or may not offer extra credit."

:pgabz: "We still don't even know how well he is doing! You haven't graded anything since AUGUST!"

:lesnick: "The scores are still there, we just had to refactor the scoring matrix and finalize the embossing on the report card. Have you considered getting your card in Helvetica? It's not necessary, as all fonts will be available at the end of the year, but just think about how good that will look on your fridge!"

:pgabz: "That's it, I'm going to the principal to get your rear end fired!"

:lesnick: "I'm so bored of your constant attempts to derail a quality educational experience with your trolling! This is perfectly normal! The majority of students are bright, energetic pupils who can't wait! It's only a couple of dinks who are ruining things."

:pgabz: "WHAT DID YOU CALL MY SON?"

Darkpriest667 posted:

Gee Thanks! Does that mean you're going to send me awesome beer or do I have to raise 10 million dollars on lies first?

Raise $1M and we'll talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

prak posted:

Has anyone suggest it is the mole hunting private investigator yet?

An avatar for after he (or she) is revealed.

Are you like 500 pages behind in the thread

• Locked thread