Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

The most dramatic revelation in this chapter was that Jack is still alive. Was seriously on my knees hyperventilating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oda said he'd make us love Sanji again, so I'm still considering the possibility that they go to Wano, get their poo poo pushed in by Kaidou then have Sanji come to the rescue having won over Big Mom and married Bonney.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Sinners Sandwich posted:

The most dramatic revelation in this chapter was that Jack is still alive. Was seriously on my knees hyperventilating

You're probably the only person who ever thought he was dead.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="456711343"]
You're probably the only person who ever thought he was dead.

I think he's being sarcastic. :thejoke:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I also think Zoro will get a lot of focus in Wano too, given that he's using Ryuuma's katana and being a swordsman and all. He needs to keep advancing in order to be on par with Mihawk later on and I'm sure Ryuuma's sword will draw a lot of suspicious questions, as Kin'emon hinted at on Punk Hazard.

Zoro gonna learn some kendo.

I am betting there will be a master swordsman in Wano who will be very interested in Zoro and perhaps teach him some interesting stuff.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Crazyeyes posted:

I am betting there will be a master swordsman in Wano who will be very interested in Zoro and perhaps teach him some interesting stuff.

He has to learn how to cut fire like Kinemon demonstrated on Punk Hazard.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I also think Zoro will get a lot of focus in Wano too, given that he's using Ryuuma's katana and being a swordsman and all. He needs to keep advancing in order to be on par with Mihawk later on and I'm sure Ryuuma's sword will draw a lot of suspicious questions, as Kin'emon hinted at on Punk Hazard.

Yeah definitely, Wano sounds like the arc that was made for Zoro the moment he picked up Ryuuma's katana.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Zoro can cut mountains, but he'll never beat Mihawk if he doesn't get metaphysical.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Kind of worried Wano arc is going to carry on the Guys Love ___, Girls don't care joke. It was funny the first time but I kind of hate it being a rule, just going to have extremely unenthusiastic Nami and Robin next arc.

I mean it's not that different now but...

Edit: This panel I forgot about came up in a google search and I like it

Sinners Sandwich fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 26, 2016

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Nami on the side there leaning to make sure she fits in frame reminds me of the panel this week with Ussop and Nami making sure to lean in next to Luffy so they get precious panel time.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I like Usopp doing his 'Kilroy was here' impression.

Was that from Punk Hazard?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I like Usopp doing his 'Kilroy was here' impression.

Was that from Punk Hazard?

That's the only time Smoker's been around so it would have to be.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Brook is loving done with this bullshit.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Oda said he'd make us love Sanji again, so I'm still considering the possibility that they go to Wano, get their poo poo pushed in by Kaidou then have Sanji come to the rescue having won over Big Mom and married Bonney.

He can't get married, at least not until Luffy works out which underling position Big Mom and her crew get. I mean, obviously Bart and his crew are their Senpai, but are they below the long legs guy?

Crazyeyes posted:

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Zoro can cut mountains, but he'll never beat Mihawk if he doesn't get metaphysical.

Asura does let him use two hands on three swords at once.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Star Platinum posted:

Brook is loving done with this bullshit.
He's in his 90s, it comes with the age bracket.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I think by the end of the Zou arc (which should be soon), Luffy will do a little hard thinking on whether to pursue Sanji alone or let him do his thing while the Straw Hats sail to Wano.

The Strawhats don't need to go to Wano yet - there's no urgency in getting there. Sanji's wedding is a different matter. I could only see them prioritising Wano if something dire was happening there, it was literally on the way, or there was something there which would help give them a strong advantage against Big Mom.

Of course they could also split up again and have the Luffy & most of the crew go after Sanji while Zoro and a couple of other Strawhats go to Wano with the Heart pirates. That would be a good way to give the B-team a bit more "screen time" after they were absent for most of Dressrosa.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Luffy already came up with a sweet plan to sneak in and stealthfully blow up the wedding plans like a 10 ton bomb, and now he's got a ninja to help him.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
It just occurred to me that if Law cut out some small relatively nonessential bit of flesh out of two people and had them exchange....chucks, they could communicate to each other over any distance with squeezes. Like a fleshy telegraph.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Alternatively, you could give them a call on your magic snail cell phone.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
You're no fun. Also, those have a finite range. Most of them at least.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 26, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dr Subterfuge posted:

It just occurred to me that if Law cut out some small relatively nonessential bit of flesh out of two people and had them exchange....chucks, they could communicate to each other over any distance with squeezes. Like a fleshy telegraph.

or swap an ear?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Kild posted:

or swap an ear?

They would have to usually keep it covered or something so that the two people aren't totally disoriented by the different audio, but yeah that would work too :)

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Kild posted:

or swap an ear?

Law will offer this, but then the crew won't hear him out. :downsrim:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I can't believe you're all missing the obvious way this is going to go down.

Luffy is going to crash the wedding with Pekoms and nobody else, like he said before. But then he's going to put Zoro in charge of the Wano/Kaido situation, so Zoro is front and center in all things involved in Wano. It's perfect for everybody and everyone.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

gnome7 posted:

Luffy is going to crash the wedding with Pekoms and nobody else, like he said before. But then he's going to put Zoro in charge of the Wano/Kaido situation, so Zoro is front and center in all things involved in Wano. It's perfect for everybody and everyone.

I mentioned this a few pages back actually.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

gnome7 posted:

That's not unlike the scenario I described, but I don't think the Strawhats will let Luffy go without backup. It's in Zoro's character to prioritise other things over Sanji, but most of the others would want to help fight to rescue him.

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!
If they split up again, anyone that goes with Luffy will have been part of the B-team during Dressrosa. Nami, Brook, Chopper (and Sanji) were all absent and could use the focus. Brook has some sort of history with Sanji's family that needs to be explored, and a small group like that could sneak in to the wedding. With Pekoms I feel like they'd need 1 more person to go, maybe Raizou?

No matter what he does I'm pretty excited for how he decides to take it, as long as it's not a solo Luffy adventure like Marineford, I don't want to spend a year without 8 of the principle cast.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I think by the end of the Zou arc (which should be soon), Luffy will do a little hard thinking on whether to pursue Sanji alone or let him do his thing while the Straw Hats sail to Wano.

I personally hope that the supposed "year of Sanji" will actually include Sanji in some chapters at some point.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Year of Sanji will consist of Sanji being offscreen for 99% of the year, then in December chapter he will appear and reveal that he mastered a super powerful "bride avoidance" martial art that he developed thanks to being stuck on Big Moms island and avoiding her 99 ugly daughter that wanted to marry him, but will never get chance to actually use it, because he will see Nami/Robin/random pretty female, gets massive nosebleed and faint.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
At least it can't be as bad as the time an arc was going to be about Chad in Bleach.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Gyges posted:

At least it can't be as bad as the time an arc was going to be about Chad in Bleach.

One Piece is so superior to bleach, that this comparison is like saying an ant isn't as smart as a dolphin.

I have tried to pick bleach back up but it is literally the worst shonen manga.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Yoruichi is much sexier than either Nami or Robin though

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Yoruichi is much sexier than either Nami or Robin though

This is a honeypot post, right?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dazoner posted:

One Piece is so superior to bleach, that this comparison is like saying an ant isn't as smart as a dolphin.

I have tried to pick bleach back up but it is literally the worst shonen manga.

actually thats naruto

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Are you denying this objective truth

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
luffys def going to save sanji by himself, and is gonna come back with jinbei to add to the crew

you heard it all here first

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I hope Jinbei meets back up with them soon.

He's the best.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

He's going to have a small mini arc when he returns to the Revolutionary base and witnesses everyone butchered by Blackbeard's crew

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sinners Sandwich posted:

He said Yoruichi, not Yachiru.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Gyges posted:

I liked Chad...