Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The last part of Frankenstein is Victor chasing the Creature to the Arctic; when Frankenstein dies the Creature runs off into the Arctic alone, intent on suicide.

Antarctic exploration started up again at the end of the 19th century, but it's really unlikely that the Creature could join those expeditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

AFewBricksShy posted:

Frankenstein's face after failing to kill Dorian after already failing to kill Lilly was pretty funny.

I'm now just picturing Friendzone Frankenstein standing in a group of penguins huddling together for warmth, just looking as miserable as ever.

He befriends a giant herd of lemmings right at the start of suicide season

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I juuuuuuuuust noticed the scorpion motif in Vanessa's dress in this Season 1 promo shot:

From the OP no less. Apparently this has been a thing!

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.

Kesper North posted:

I juuuuuuuuust noticed the scorpion motif in Vanessa's dress in this Season 1 promo shot:

From the OP no less. Apparently this has been a thing!

Didn't they figure into her hallucinations at the start of season 1, too? Or was that all spiders?

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Er, here's my thing, this is a good show but...

That's essentially where I am coming from. I don't even feel I'm wrong, it's just...

Yeah.

Also, gimme a third season that still don't feel right...

All hail Timothy Dalton regrowin' his 'stache.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

rejutka posted:

Er, here's my thing, this is a good show but...

That's essentially where I am coming from. I don't even feel I'm wrong, it's just...

Yeah.

Also, gimme a third season that still don't feel right...

All hail Timothy Dalton regrowin' his 'stache.

...Can you... finish any of these sentences?

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 7, 2015

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Yeah. :smuggo:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

The most important reveal of the season is that Satan can probably be shanked to death by an old man, given the opportunity.

That or his brother was just really really really lame.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Some casting news for Season 3 today.

Some familiar Gothic-horror characters in there, but some new faces as well (plus one old face that's becoming a new face, apparently).

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I am okay with that. No fucks given.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Wes Studi and Patti LuPone? Hell yes, sign me up again.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I guess if they're going to give the Garrett Dillahunt treatment to an actor, it might as well be Patti Lupone.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Alehkhs posted:

Some casting news for Season 3 today.

Some familiar Gothic-horror characters in there, but some new faces as well (plus one old face that's becoming a new face, apparently).

Dorian was the worst part of the show last season so having Justine, a character who's sole purpose in the novel was to be abused and raped in pretty much every interaction on the show with Dorian and Lily sounds like a terrible idea.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
May 1st premiere date. Now teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s17fb7c6zwU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Yessss... :holy:

Glad to finally hear a date.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I got the Penny Dreadful version of Clue for my birthday, and it's pretty awesome. The game board is nicely done, with different locations like the Grand Guignol theater. The only disappointing part is that the character pieces are folded cardboard that you stick into a plastic base, rather than something more durable. But overall, it's really nice artwork and a cool version of the game.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Particularly smashing dress Vanessa's wearing in the box art. I'm suprised (but maybe I shouldn't be?) about how much merchandise there is for an artsy opposite-of-family-friendly show like this.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
This may be slightly off topic but does Eva Green look eerily similar to Australian comedian Kate McCartney to anyone else? I can't decide if they're really all that similar looking or if I just have a stereotypical case of goon face blindness

For reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnbtRiLamsw&list=PLZFXeozdia12APH8n9xsVNhd5qallmrz2&index=2

PerilPastry fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 13, 2016

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Mouse Dresser posted:

I got the Penny Dreadful version of Clue for my birthday, and it's pretty awesome. The game board is nicely done, with different locations like the Grand Guignol theater. The only disappointing part is that the character pieces are folded cardboard that you stick into a plastic base, rather than something more durable. But overall, it's really nice artwork and a cool version of the game.

lol at Friendzone not getting invited to be in the boardgame

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

savinhill posted:

lol at Friendzone not getting invited to be in the boardgame
It would be hilarious if you ordered this and then a month later you got an angsty poetic rant of a letter sent to your address.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

PerilPastry posted:

This may be slightly off topic but does Eva Green look eerily similar to Australian comedian Kate McCartney to anyone else? I can't decide if they're really all that similar looking or if I just have a stereotypical case of goon face blindness

For reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnbtRiLamsw&list=PLZFXeozdia12APH8n9xsVNhd5qallmrz2&index=2

Whoa.

Also, those are some loving funny ladies. :xd:

Deakul fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 14, 2016

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Reeve Carney has been cast as Riff Raff in the Fox updated production of "The Rocky Horror Show." He'll be starring alongside Laverne Cox (Frank N. Furter).

Carney can sing, he was the original Broadway Spider-Man in "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" but he can't really act for poo poo. His "creepy" acting on Penny Dreadful just comes across as if he were stumbling around in a GHB-induced stupor while trying to seduce teenagers. Well, maybe that is perfect for a Fox production of "The Rocky Horror Show."

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/183347/heathers-ryan-mccartan-reeve-carney-more-join-laverne-cox-for-foxs-rocky-horror/

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwafKJyzir8

Another trailer. Show definitely seems to be going some different places visually this season. Only real fear right now is it looks like the frankenstein/dorian gray stuff looks even fruther away from the rest of the cast than it usually is.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Mouse Dresser posted:

His "creepy" acting on Penny Dreadful just comes across as if he were stumbling around in a GHB-induced stupor while trying to seduce teenagers.

Apt indeed. :golfclap:

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Looks good. Hoping for an old-tomey version of Terminator 2's escape from the psych hospital :v:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Tokubetsu posted:

Another trailer. Show definitely seems to be going some different places visually this season. Only real fear right now is it looks like the frankenstein/dorian gray stuff looks even fruther away from the rest of the cast than it usually is.

Is this really a bad thing? They were always the weakest parts of the show I felt.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Tokubetsu posted:

I look forward to seeing Frankengoon drift off and away into his own webshow where he reads lovely Gothic poetry and preaches about Mens Rights.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Also a poster

Possibly very terrifying

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
That's a great poster.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Good birthday present, season premier.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I'm liking the casting of Wes Studi. He's pretty awesome in everything.

I'll be surprised if by the end of the show Jekyll/Hyde doesn't show up.

Patti Lupone is credited as Dr. Seward this season, I have no idea if she's going to be Jack Seward or if they are changing the sex for the character.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

When I first saw that poster I stared at it for far too long wondering "What animal would make that skull?" :saddowns:

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Skull with a moustache. (also, awesome)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Grinning Goblin posted:

When I first saw that poster I stared at it for far too long wondering "What animal would make that skull?" :saddowns:

You are not alone. I just thought "Man that is a neat skull, wonder what it is from?" until someone pointed out what it actually was.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
New trailer today. Lots of new footage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCFABhWtqVc

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jesus, this is going to be a packed season. :stare:

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Trailer looks fantastic, can't wait.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Holy poo poo, that trailer was so loving good.

And they gave Josh Hartnett a haircut! :toot:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Oh wow, I'd totally forgotten this is premiering at the end of April!

I feel like this should be a fall/winter show, given the tone. I mean, you can't get more Halloween.

But then, as we all know, every day is Halloween.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXtX9u7_6F8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Those desert/western shots looked absolutely stunning.

This show is all blue hued now suddenly there's this huge orange landscape, just awesome to look at and hopefully it hints that they're going to open up the story a bit more. I hope they find a good groove, season 2 was excellent.

• Locked thread