Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Freedom Wars is also good but the story is very cliche/anime-trope riddled, has less weapon variety and the monsters are big robots that take mostly look pretty samey. Worth trying though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Mind Zero's Steam port is coming on the 8th of march. Strike another game off the exclusive list.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

drat... not mind zero. what a blow

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Dehry posted:

Mind Zero's Steam port is coming on the 8th of march. Strike another game off the exclusive list.

It's a poo poo game, let the PC gamers have it, they won't even notice it among the piles of poo poo that they already have.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Maybe it'll get an ending.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe it'll get an ending.

I'm just going to be happy to see it. They have a segment that requires rubbing a mirror to open a path I could never get past on the PSTV

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Schrodingers cat posted:

Guess what's coming out on March 15th in North America?
Happy days are here again.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Thanks for the MHlike words. Been looking at videos of games now that I have my PSTV hooked up again, and uh now I can't decide whether to buy and play SSD, Gods Eater, Atelier Escha & Logy or Trails of Cold Steel first.

And now I got Superhot downloading on PC too. Rats. Indecision will make me play none of them at all, you watch :saddowns:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Well, good news, God Eater still has a "Summer 2016" for it's release date. So you have time to play other games first.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks for the MHlike words. Been looking at videos of games now that I have my PSTV hooked up again, and uh now I can't decide whether to buy and play SSD, Gods Eater, Atelier Escha & Logy or Trails of Cold Steel first.

And now I got Superhot downloading on PC too. Rats. Indecision will make me play none of them at all, you watch :saddowns:

You know in your heart of hearts that SSD is the correct answer. Plus SSD has a boss, weapon and clothes from Freedom Wars, God Eater and Toukiden so you can pretend to be playing an obviously inferior game.

There are also a few other cross-over outfits but aside from Gravity Rush I don't remember what they are.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I have just learned from video that one thing you can do in SSD is sacrifice innocent, possibly hurt/dying cats for power. I can't do that :ohdear:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Get trails of cold steel

been playing it all day and it's what Final Fantasy Type 0 should have been.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Ciaphas posted:

I have just learned from video that one thing you can do in SSD is sacrifice innocent, possibly hurt/dying cats for power. I can't do that :ohdear:
Don't worry about it, later on you unlock the other factions and one of them is dedicated to saving cats, oh and people but eh, cats are more important.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Look don't you judge me, my cat was sitting next to me purring while I watched that

I might have a complex now

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on Cold Steel and set that to downloading overnight. Still a little unsure just because I didn't ever finish TiTS 'cos of how slow it was, but I'm willing to give it another shot.

I'll come back to SSD or GE later, I've still got MH4U to satiate my loot-lust :v:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Man, has P4G just perpetually been on sale forever? I'm blowing a hundo for the PSN cash back promo and figured with my 64GB coming in the mail I'd double dip on some Vita games I'd always want to have on the card so I checked and it's like ten bucks, and it's always been like ten marked down from thirty for like ever as far as I can tell. Sony doesn't even classify it as on sale anymore, it's just permanently marked down at that.

Makes sense I guess. It's illegal to own a Vita and not own P4G as far as I know. Unrelated but has anyone got that Dariusburst on Vita? I know arcade mode has the awful letter boxing but I'd love to play the big main Chronicle mode, is it worth fourth bucks?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ciaphas posted:

Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on Cold Steel and set that to downloading overnight. Still a little unsure just because I didn't ever finish TiTS 'cos of how slow it was, but I'm willing to give it another shot.

I'll come back to SSD or GE later, I've still got MH4U to satiate my loot-lust :v:

I'm just midway through Cold Steel, it's a rock solid RPG.

you also get to ride around on horses

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Ciaphas posted:

By power you mean "ammo", and it's entirely your choice to do that, or save them, nor do you lose anything you can't get easily in other ways. If you still feel you must sacrifice them, that's not on the game, that's on you. Also those cats aren't innocent.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Policenaut posted:

Man, has P4G just perpetually been on sale forever? I'm blowing a hundo for the PSN cash back promo and figured with my 64GB coming in the mail I'd double dip on some Vita games I'd always want to have on the card so I checked and it's like ten bucks, and it's always been like ten marked down from thirty for like ever as far as I can tell. Sony doesn't even classify it as on sale anymore, it's just permanently marked down at that.

Makes sense I guess. It's illegal to own a Vita and not own P4G as far as I know. Unrelated but has anyone got that Dariusburst on Vita? I know arcade mode has the awful letter boxing but I'd love to play the big main Chronicle mode, is it worth fourth bucks?

Just buy DBCS on Steam. CS is fine but it gets repetitive, dual monitor AC is awesome as all hell though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Claiming my spot on page 69.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

:page3:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe this will be the Vita thread to make it to page 8008

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
New information about the protagonists of Ys 8 (viii)

A pretty neat video showing the customization options for Fundam Breaker 3.

Trillion God's Limited Edition contents.

Screenshots of new(?) Digimonsters from Digimon World Next Order

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Schrodingers cat posted:

New information about the protagonists of Ys 8 (viii)

Dual protagonists are cool, really hoping it's one of those things where the two worlds affect each other in weird ways

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Dana looks like a bad Soul Calibur costumed character. Still the concept/pitch sounds really cool.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I really hope 8 is good, and doesn't have any underwater bosses because gently caress that seriously.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Steins;Gate is some good poo poo. Can't wait to see how crazy things get in the last few chapters.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

the truth posted:

Steins;Gate is some good poo poo. Can't wait to see how crazy things get in the last few chapters.

Some of the routes in Steins;Gate are absolutely brutal.

I am working on what I believe is the True Route now.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Nate RFB posted:

Dana looks like a bad Soul Calibur costumed character. Still the concept/pitch sounds really cool.
I made a custom dancer character using Tira's moveset in SCV that kinda looked like that. I like it.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Erg posted:

Dual protagonists are cool, really hoping it's one of those things where the two worlds affect each other in weird ways

That would be very neat! Didn't think of it before but I'm hoping that's a feature now.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

ayukawa posted:

Some of the routes in Steins;Gate are absolutely brutal.

I am working on what I believe is the True Route now.
I didn't realize I was on Suzuha's ending route until the end of that route and I kept thinking "this is some heavy stuff, how the hell can the story go on after this?".

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

Retcon posted:

I didn't realize I was on Suzuha's ending route until the end of that route and I kept thinking "this is some heavy stuff, how the hell can the story go on after this?".

That route went down a very dark hallway. But compared to it, the Faris route drops you in a cave and the Makise route throws you down an old abandoned well.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
New information for Strange Sword City showcasing the in-game facilities and their purpose.

New footage of Salt Sanctuary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPQU-63lnsU

A few videos of a very dedicated person playing Dragon Quest Builders replicating the cities of FF 14.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 26, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I was having trouble yesterday after getting my PSTV plugged back in, where my DS4 controllers would work fine in the main PSTV menu but would go mostly unresponsive in any application or game. Only things that worked would be the left joystick and the PS button. The only fix was to hit the reset button in the DS4 with a paperclip while it was plugged in to the PSTV; this kept happening every time I had to restart the system or replug it or whatever.

Anyone else experience this?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The crowns in Hot Shots Golf can just go gently caress themselves. I've been quietly plugging away at them for literally years but it's over now. I'm never going to get GIR for three rounds in a row and I can accept this.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ciaphas posted:

I was having trouble yesterday after getting my PSTV plugged back in, where my DS4 controllers would work fine in the main PSTV menu but would go mostly unresponsive in any application or game. Only things that worked would be the left joystick and the PS button. The only fix was to hit the reset button in the DS4 with a paperclip while it was plugged in to the PSTV; this kept happening every time I had to restart the system or replug it or whatever.

Anyone else experience this?
Is there a PS4 nearby that your controller would keep trying to pair with? If so you might want to power that off completely and see if it changes. It sure sounds like a dying controller though, that's too glitchy to be intended behavior.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Huh, that was it indeed, the PS4 was interfering. Which doesn't make any sense, since the left stick and PS button were still clearly working on the PSTV, but unplugging the PS4 made the problems stop.

Thanks? :confuoot:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I'm pretty sure they're silently cancelling it for Vita. Nowhere in the linked Playstation Blog article is Vita mentioned. The usual crowd is getting restless on twitter.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Dehry posted:

I'm pretty sure they're silently cancelling it for Vita. Nowhere in the linked Playstation Blog article is Vita mentioned. The usual crowd is getting restless on twitter.

The FAQ they posted 6 hours ago still claims the Vita version is coming.

http://ska-studios.com/about/ask-ska-studios-faq/

https://twitter.com/skastudios/status/703259459275993089

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dehry posted:

It mentions it though and is tagged PS Vita. Although they could have updated it when I checked on it.

quote:

Ska Studios has shared multiplayer details, footage, and screenshots of Salt and Sanctuary, its 2014-announced 2D platformer “Soulslike” for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/02/salt-sanctuary-details-co-op-pvp-multiplayer#BVbzsyuZ1mpjR3K4.99