Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

memy posted:

Per PPP: 28% of Carson's supporters in Florida have an unfavorable view of Ben Carson

E: all the other candidates' supporters have lower unfav. percentages for Carson

wtf

That 28% realise that the entire field is poo poo, even Carson, but they support him as the joke option. He’s the Pichu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
Trump is probably gonna manage to change the media narrative from "RUBIO STUMPS TRUMP" due to that zinger to "HOLY poo poo THIS DEBATE WAS A SHITSTORM" due to the insane second half. That Benny "why won't you insult me!" line is gonna get a lot of repeats. Which is good for the CHAOS CANDIDATE.

All he has to do is run out the clock from now until ST.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/Reince/status/703065466345037825

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

someone pls make the yellow snake flag say

'someone please attack me'

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
Who was it in the audience that blew out their vocal chords during the first half of the debate

they couldnt have done that without some sort of heavy payment

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Mukaikubo posted:

Thanks! It's also important to note that, despite the sometimes very favorable rules, the only contest that I got a result of any candidate getting an outright majority of votes was Trump hitting 52% in Massachusetts in his scenario. Basically, it takes an outright Cruz collapse AND dropouts by Kasich and Carson before you're going to see many majorities.

I don't see Rubio competing anywhere except maybe Minnesota, even after tonight. Option T is by far the most probable scenario

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mukaikubo posted:

Scenario "J" for Jeb!- A bomb goes off in the debate hall, tragically killing all current candidates for the Republican nomination. Jeb Bush steps in to lead his party in its time of mourning, and still barely manages to win the nomination.

Hey, mods! Think it would be fun to do a "Predict How Many Delegates Donald Trump Wins On Super Tuesday Contest" for the forum?

This is impossible, at the nomination, You can't always get what you want starts playing, trump emerges from behind the titantron, smacks Jeb! in the face and takes the nomination

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Prof. Lurker posted:

Trump is probably gonna manage to change the media narrative from "RUBIO STUMPS TRUMP" due to that zinger to "HOLY poo poo THIS DEBATE WAS A SHITSTORM" due to the insane second half. That Benny "why won't you insult me!" line is gonna get a lot of repeats. Which is good for the CHAOS CANDIDATE.

All he has to do is run out the clock from now until ST.

Yeah, Trump won by not dropping trou on stage.

He didn’t have to beat his opponents. He just hand to not have a pre‐NH Rubio moment.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Is Priebus crying right now do you think, or his he too busy drinking himself to the point of unconsciousness?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

:ughh:

:ughh:

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

haha, Reince has nothing left but bitterness and sarcasm.

2 cubans and a black guy. Racism status: Over

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Reince admits they need an exorcism.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

When you decode the cipher he puts in it works out to "you dont need to tell me that this article was a dumb waste of time as i am aware"

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Poor Hugh Hewitt, he's actually a pretty nice guy and I've called into his show before, he's very polite.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bacon Hat posted:

someone pls make the yellow snake flag say

'someone please attack me'

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

Who was it in the audience that blew out their vocal chords during the first half of the debate

they couldnt have done that without some sort of heavy payment

what's this referring to? I missed the first half

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

A couple of first-term senators, a narcoleptic neurosurgeon, a real no-poo poo ladykiller, and a hooting baboon who combs his back hair up over his forehead to hide his rampant baldness.

Qualified and diverse!

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
:wow:

https://twitter.com/audreycnn/status/703073025407762432

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
https://twitter.com/ThisWeekABC/status/703073211165106176

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

somebody post the cliff notes debate por favor

Mr. Boogie
Apr 1, 2013

Is a meat patty something or nothing?

This is how elections will be held in the future.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

a cop posted:

Some women was screaming at such a high pitch you thought she was fainting

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

If you went in a time machine to one year ago today and told the people there that in late February 2016 Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz would be desperately, barely treading water in debates as Donald Trump prepares for a borderline rout on Super Tuesday and March 15, beating both of them in their home states, what do you think the reaction would have been?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Squalid posted:

1.) rubio hit trump
2.) cruz hit trump
3.) Carson and Kasich "abloobloobloo"
4.) Trump remembered he was there and chaos reigned.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

icantfindaname posted:

If you went in a time machine to one year ago and told the people there that one year from then Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz would be desperately, barely treading water in debates as Donald Trump prepares for a borderline rout on Super Tuesday and March 15, beating both of them in their home states, what do you think the reaction would have been?

id ask what happend to jeb?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Squalid posted:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://youtu.be/d1uKxDfIwAk

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Squalid posted:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

You'd get such a look on my face you'd instantly understand that you don't want to know what happened to Jeb!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Squalid posted:

Trump smacks rubio
Rubio counterpunches and tentatively stumps the trump
Trump climbs out via stumping Cruz
Trump, via power of poll numbers reference from Cruz, regains power and stumps everyone
Carson and Kasich exist

Trump is nominee

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

quote:

Finally we find that 38% of Florida voters think it's possible that Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer. 10% say he for sure is, and another 28% say that they are just not sure. Cruz is exonerated from being a toddler serial killer by 62% of the Sunshine State populace.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

a cop posted:

Trump kiiiinnndda got owned by Rubio. Not sure if it'll stick, but it looked bad. Naturally, Rubio and the audience were mocking one of the few decent ideas Trump has, ending the anti-trust exemption for insurance companies.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Oiled and Ready posted:

Trump smacks rubio
Rubio counterpunches and tentatively stumps the trump
Trump climbs out via stumping Cruz
Trump, via power of poll numbers reference from Cruz, regains power and stumps everyone
Carson and Kasich exist

Trump is nominee

I'm not positive on this last one.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Trump kiiiinnndda got owned by Rubio. Not sure if it'll stick, but it looked bad. Naturally, Rubio and the audience were mocking one of the few decent ideas Trump has, ending the anti-trust exemption for insurance companies.

Momentarily. Reminding people of his epic meltdown a few weeks ago wasn't a good look though.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
trump really, really looked awful in the first half in several exchanges with rubio. His responses were a joke. This thread is under selling it

but rubio was still somehow so nervous he was talking at 3x speed like a little kid in front of the class the whole night

and with that crazy 2nd half... :byewhore: to the GOP

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Squalid posted:

Trump started strong but then Rubio unloaded all of his debate prep on Trump and Trump was genuinely stumped for the first hour or so

The latter two hours then devolved into the most petty bickering and interrupting and name calling I've ever seen, which is 100% Trump's wheelhouse so the debate ended with a shitshow rather than a Stumping.

Highlight was without question Trump making fun of Cruz for so long that Wolf Blitzer finally just moved the topic onto something completely different without Cruz getting a chance to respond

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

trump has a feat that heals him for 25% of all damage dealt so even though rubio critted him a couple times early on he just savagely beat up on low-AC ted cruz to juice back up

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

I think my 'a hill to die upon' callout was better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Allowing insurance companies to sell across state lines would be absolutely disastrous as an immediate race to the bottom would occur where every insurance company would headquarter and issue policies from the most "business friendly" state in order to benefit from the protection of their laws vis a vis torts, etc. It would be absolutely disastrous.

You know it's a bad idea because it's Republican orthodoxy.

• Locked thread