Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Thyrork posted:

Guy probably youtube'd "awesome industrial songs" to listen to while working, 13 hours later he has an idea what he wants and is too sleep deprived to remember that hes kind of wholesale nicking it. Oops, but no real harm done.

Okay but how'd he get powerman5000 from that search.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Can any BLMs give me advice as to what my hotbar should be looking like? I know everyone's different but I just want an easy-to-learn elegant setup that lets me keep the 60 rotation with minimal fuckups because I reached to the wrong key or clicked a button in panic or something which is what usually happens and Enochian does not forgive. Any ideas?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Espilae posted:

Can any BLMs give me advice as to what my hotbar should be looking like? I know everyone's different but I just want an easy-to-learn elegant setup that lets me keep the 60 rotation with minimal fuckups because I reached to the wrong key or clicked a button in panic or something which is what usually happens and Enochian does not forgive. Any ideas?

Found an old screenshot.

I have spider fingers though. You don't need to bind Freeze, B2 or Sleep.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I almost trusted you until I saw Freeze on your hotbar. :colbert:

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

This is my setup, although I don't know if I have freakish fingers or not.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I almost trusted you until I saw Freeze on your hotbar. :colbert:

I don't use it anymore, I'm just too lazy to remove it.

E: actually it's useful in a very very niche situation

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

So I don't play this anime game but I just heard about the Powerman 5k thing then. Ahahah holy poo poo is it similar, I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't see how loving salty people have gotten over it with stuff like "You're no longer relevant" and "Look at this official statement now gently caress off" and other keyboard warrior stuff. I didn't realise people were going to defend this game so 'passionately', yeah I'll go with that.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Cool thanks for weighing in I'll make sure your opinion is filed properly

in the trash

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Spudd posted:

So I don't play this anime game but I just heard about the Powerman 5k thing then. Ahahah holy poo poo is it similar, I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't see how loving salty people have gotten over it with stuff like "You're no longer relevant" and "Look at this official statement now gently caress off" and other keyboard warrior stuff. I didn't realise people were going to defend this game so 'passionately', yeah I'll go with that.

We've found the one remaining Powerman 5000 fan on the Something Awful forums.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

The Black Stones posted:

We've found the one remaining Powerman 5000 fan on the Something Awful forums.

Woo, I'm number one!

But seriously I still enjoy that song for how cheesy it is. It's just really funny to me how upset people on Facebook are about this.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlXRRFydIIA

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

It's a pretty decent song and it is pretty weird how people are attacking a band for not being relevant 15 years after they would've been their most popular.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

i want to believe

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I am a broken man. I don't even play PVP.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
How bad will I gently caress up Midas if I run it blind?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Liking the Vath quests so far. Deftarm is my friend. :3:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Mordiceius posted:

How bad will I gently caress up Midas if I run it blind?

Most people are going in blind right now so probably as often as everyone else.
The Vath are indeed great.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Apparently I'm a bad tank.

Later I got kicked because the healer was being passive aggressive. Oh well, not like my queues are slow or anything.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Sorry you got partied with idiots, Lorev.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

What's a limit break?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'd be surprised that someone even looked at my gear. I don't have any materia melded into it, I bet they wouldn't have even bothered asking why not.

Good to see the VIT/STR war will never die

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

jwang posted:

Later I got kicked because the healer was being passive aggressive. Oh well, not like my queues are slow or anything.

Doesn't Strength also influence Clemency anyway? More so than Determination would. Strength is objectively the best stat to meld on accessories, so long as you reach accuracy cap (which you should prioritize melding for with left side first). I'm surprised none of them are mentors with that bad advice.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

jwang posted:

You and I seem to play at similar times always and dude you always have the worst luck with Duty Finder, if it isn't ice mages or clueless healers its this type of poo poo. Wasn't it you who ran Neverreap and the DPS was so woeful 27 totems spawned?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Rand Brittain posted:

Minfilia's new voice is really hard to understand. I'm not convinced that this is an upgrade for Hydaelyn.

I guess it's fitting that Minfilia has basically upgraded herself to become a cosmic-level passive questgiving NPC.

At least now she can send you visions, instead of making you go to the Waking Sands.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Hunter Noventa posted:

At least now she can send you visions, instead of making you go to the Waking Sands.

Pray return to the Antitower for a vision.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

CrashScreen posted:

:cry: They'd probably do it too.

pyromance posted:

Okay but how'd he get powerman5000 from that search.

Ooof. :allears:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

CrashScreen posted:

They've had us do similar before but you've never had to actually redo a dungeon for story except in the cases of a dungeon becoming hard mode because usually once you've cleared a story dungeon then it is, for the purposes of story at least, empty of threats. You even see that in the new relic quest with the Vault, technically once you've cleared it the place goes back to being a big government building so when you redo Vault for relic it's some kind of crazy mind trip thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

More obvious example is Snowcloak, which you just enter in a cutscene.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I'm trying to figure out what I want to prioritize re: Lore and Midas gear but I'm still pretty new to the game and I don't really know the order beyond Weapon>Chest>Legs. What should I be looking at after those?

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I just started playing this on Excalibur, level 20 something Gladiator.

I'm having a hard time finding the next story quest. I completed The Ul'dahn Envoy, and all the guides I see say to go "Speak with Baderon at the Drowning Wench in Limsa Lominsa"

Baderon however doesnt have a quest or any unique dialogue for me. What am I doing wrong?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vadun posted:

I just started playing this on Excalibur, level 20 something Gladiator.

I'm having a hard time finding the next story quest. I completed The Ul'dahn Envoy, and all the guides I see say to go "Speak with Baderon at the Drowning Wench in Limsa Lominsa"

Baderon however doesnt have a quest or any unique dialogue for me. What am I doing wrong?

Balderon is the objective, not the quest-giver. Go back to Nophica's Altar in Gridania (Conjurer's guild teleport) and get it there. Then that will send you to Balderon.

A lot of people miss that one, because the NPC is just standing there when you finish the Envoy stuff and you're not directed to them.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

jellycat posted:

I'm trying to figure out what I want to prioritize re: Lore and Midas gear but I'm still pretty new to the game and I don't really know the order beyond Weapon>Chest>Legs. What should I be looking at after those?

generally weapon is the first thing you want to buy, but this patch you cant get the i230 weapon till week 7 so buy other stuff in the meantime.

(idk why that pic says "A1-4", it should be "M1-4")

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Has anyone figured out the acc caps on the new ex trial/midas? Looking at the new tank gear there's not much acc in there and I'm wondering if we'll have to meld some in.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Kuvo posted:

generally weapon is the first thing you want to buy, but this patch you cant get the i230 weapon till week 7 so buy other stuff in the meantime.

(idk why that pic says "A1-4", it should be "M1-4")

Thanks! I'd gotten as far as knowing that I could/should get the Lore chest and legs by the time I get the weapon, but I wasn't sure what else to pick before then.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

jwang posted:

Did you seriously get kicked because the guy didn't like the way you melded your accessories? In EXDR? Even if he was right about you doing it suboptimally (which he wasn't), it doesn't even matter because EXDR isn't hard enough to need melded gear in the first place. That's a new height of prickishness, I think.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Ouhei posted:

Has anyone figured out the acc caps on the new ex trial/midas? Looking at the new tank gear there's not much acc in there and I'm wondering if we'll have to meld some in.

Seph EX seems to assume most people going in are using 200 Esos/VA equipment. I think I heard melee accuracy is in the high 500s? 632 on Bard and I haven't missed him yet. I would assume the training dummy at SSS would also account for accuracy caps.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 26, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

jwang posted:

I would have kicked you too.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

jwang posted:

United morons are the worst. WE ARE SMART

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I'm glad I play on a Japanese server. I probably play with basically the same people, but they repress their distaste or don't really give a poo poo and it's almost always silent the whole run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

jellycat posted:

I'm glad I play on a Japanese server. I probably play with basically the same people, but they repress their distaste or don't really give a poo poo and it's almost always silent the whole run.

They just silently add you to the server wide blacklist pastebin so you wont end up with them in DF again.

• Locked thread