Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

I am partying so many events right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

symbolic posted:

delivery is the most unsatisfying meal choice in the world

When your country neighbors cook a meal and bring it by, and you all watch movies, throw dart, drink, and get loud as gently caress because there's no tenant upstairs to complain

That's the best delivery :love:
Pretty sure you can't get that in a metro area.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Mistle posted:

When your country neighbors cook a meal and bring it by, and you all watch movies, throw dart, drink, and get loud as gently caress because there's no tenant upstairs to complain

That's the best delivery :love:
Pretty sure you can't get that in a metro area.

of you could actually leave your house for once, goddamn

i would say that the only advantage to living in the boonies is the ability to drive drunk

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

thread needs more .jpg

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

nm

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Feb 26, 2016

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fonzarelli posted:

why are goons so obsessed with delivery food? Go to a restaurant for christ's sake you manchildren

i'm sure there's tons of stuff to do in the general area of the feed store though dude, i believe you, its the happening part of town

i'm starting to understand that maybe you guys don't put a lot of worth on things like "interesting parties and events"

You've never spent a 3 day weekend in drunken debauchery on your buddy's property. The great part about living in the country, is that this can be, and frequently is, every weekend

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
#racefluid fucken lmao

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016

symbolic posted:

thread needs more .jpg

super hot little weird lump on your left side of chin babe

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
also idont think anythign screams white trash to me more than hot pink lipstick

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Fonzarelli posted:

why are goons so obsessed with delivery food? Go to a restaurant for christ's sake you manchildren

This is so amazing. Uugh delivery? I prefer when I'm served face to face, so I can see the desperation and the thankfulness that I've graced them with my presence. Why not cook a food you say? Too busy moving again to a......bigger city, you manchild.

*calls mom*
Hey moooooom, that umm transfer hasn't cleared yet, and me and me mates wanted to hit the city and I need that money for our restaurant crawl, plus you know how Mr.Bamboorah can get. Thanks

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

delivery costs more than going to the actual restaurant though

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Im from the city but i am starting to feel like id rather live in the middle of nowhere hth

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

ethanol posted:

Oh good another car hit my Miata while parked

Since it is a Miata someone probably just drunkenly bumped into it

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

thathonkey posted:

Im from the city but i am starting to feel like id rather live in the middle of nowhere hth

same here, grew up in a city, really considering selling my house and moving out to a small town i visit for a car show thats actually very nice, people are friendly strangers say hi, first time i was there and saw this, i thought to myself "what the gently caress was that?"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Panfilo posted:

:byodood: "WHO RUN BARTERTOWN THE ARTISANAL CO OP VEGAN GROCERY EXCHANGE?"

seriously, my blood pressure spikes everytime I hear artisanal

I j ust have the urge to blurt out :byodood: ART IS ANAL

everytime some dick'ead drops that word

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
For the record having lived in columbus it has a pretty high asian population due to immigration for ohio state. Lots of rich Chinese send their kids there and they end up staying so what I'm trying to say is high street has bomb rear end asian food

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Lufiron posted:

same here, grew up in a city, really considering selling my house and moving out to a small town i visit for a car show thats actually very nice, people are friendly strangers say hi, first time i was there and saw this, i thought to myself "what the gently caress was that?"

Small towns have their advantages. I also don't get what the deal with the whole "one cinema" thing. There's like 4 within 10 minutes of me and I only ever go to one?

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I just moved to Melbourne and I like it a lot. The food is good. The beer is good. The people are nice. I don't know much about "the scene" (I am too old). I'm excited about checking out the Great Ocean Road and Tasmania in the next few months. Melbourne seems like a cool good place.

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
artisanal dildo crafting

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Fonzarelli posted:

delivery costs more than going to the actual restaurant though

I have my mom subsidize my food delivery charges hahaha ha nice.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

MAYO FETISH posted:

artisanal dildo crafting

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
small town guy who can't drive a car due to anxiety VS the guy living the big city life from inside of a baby carrier

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Lufiron posted:

yeah i live in a neighborhood that is undergoing gentrification. ill get priced out soon enough but it is depressing in the meantime hearing from some of my neighbors who have been here way longer talking about the property tax hikes (i rent) and the people coming in are all horrible and never wave back or say goodmorning etc. fuckin white people no wonder everyone hates us

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

BuckarooBanzai posted:

I just moved to Melbourne and I like it a lot. The food is good. The beer is good. The people are nice. I don't know much about "the scene" (I am too old). I'm excited about checking out the Great Ocean Road and Tasmania in the next few months. Melbourne seems like a cool good place.

Melbourne is probably cool when you're middle-aged I think, if you're 20s you're expected to engage in the art and drinking/eating scene which sucks. I love drinking and I don't mind art but show me some "street art" or interpretive dance and I'm out of there faster than you can say 11 dollar schooners

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The American Midwest is actually surprisingly diverse, all the Mexican, Thai Hmong etc immigrants go there for farming jobs and cheap living. You can get your "ethnic" food fix here too.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

real problem with midwest is internet speed and tornadoes

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Yeah in a lot of cities the really good and fairly priced ethnic food is located somewhere a little bit outside of town/off the beaten path

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

BuckarooBanzai posted:

how dare you

my parents pay my rent and that leaves me plenty of time to be mad about your house and other internet topics

now listen to this list of assumptions I made about you

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
There's no reason to live in the big city anymore. Anywhere is fine as long as it has a good internet connection. You can fulfill all your entertainment needs on the internet in tyool 2015

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

There's no reason to live in the big city anymore. Anywhere is fine as long as it has a good internet connection. You can fulfill all your entertainment needs on the internet in tyool 2015

Hello from the future

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Shutup, yes you do. Stay in the city and live like a bunch of rats skittering about and living in abject filth.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
It's good that cities exist for the sake of tourism and cultural concentration, not sure I'd like to live anywhere as crowded at NYC though.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why is it "cultural appropriation" for white females to wear dreads, but ok for black females to straighten their hair?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Why is it "cultural appropriation" for white females to wear dreads, but ok for black females to straighten their hair?

because white people are awful

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Cacator posted:

because white people are awful

White people are terrific.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

kalstrams posted:

real problem with midwest is internet speed and tornadoes

Tornados are not that big a deal.

Unless you are not used to them, you probably won't die on an indirect hit and the chances of a direct hit are very small. I'll take tornados over earthquakes any day.

You just go to the basement and don't live in a trailer and you're gtg.

I mean, I live in the suburbs of one of the biggest cities in kansas. Its cheap, we have tons of immigrants and diversification due to foreigners coming to WSU and KU for college programs, internet is great.

I personally don't enjoy concerts but we have 3 auditoriums and concerts here all the time, or you can drive an hour to lawrence or 1.5 hours to KC if you just love blasting out your ear drums so much.

I hate big cities. Way too many people. Rude strangers. Noisey. Light pollution. Dirty.

If it wasn't for the rednecks in the west half insisting that Brownback was a good govenor (although they have finally changed their mind it seems) it would be a wonderful place to live. Its still good but that rear end in a top hat is doing his best to destroy public schools and he taxes loving unprepared food so that the poors can subsidize the fat cat tax cuts.

I even work for a company based out of silicone valley that has an auxilary office here because its loving cheap, so we get the cool Cali casual work environment. Flip-flops and shorts are normal during summer. Bosses don't care how many hours we work as long as we get the job done on time, we get halfdays every other friday with free beer and wine in the cafeteria to talk to co-workers and see what other departments are doing.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Melbourne is an over-priced shithole infested by hipsters pretending to fight the system whilst working for colossal multinationals so that they can pay their obscene rents.

Literally every bar has a carefully calculated "shabby chic" thing going on.

It is the perfect millennial city. Everyone and everything in it is a clone of what younger people consider "unique" and it has absolutely no substance but it looks the part.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Did the hilljack from melbourne who still relies on his mommy to pay his bills leave? He was good for a few laughs I guess.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wendigee posted:

Tornados are not that big a deal.
:manning:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Worrying about earthquakes is really stupid unless you live in Chile or Japan.

• Locked thread