Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Have a pic of my bird and my dad's procedurally generated leg

e: immersive birb synpe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:lol: they really did just add wings to the Monado

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Wafflz posted:

:lol: they really did just add wings to the Monado

That's why it looks so loving familiar :psyduck:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Have a pic of my bird and my dad's procedurally generated leg

e: immersive birb synpe
What kind of catte is that?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Wise Learned Man posted:

And what about the whole Command & Control module thingie for capital ships? At one point Croberts was promising RTS-style command of a fleet from an idris or bigger. I haven't heard anybody even ask about that poo poo in ages.

Judas, I don't remember this. I can see this getting the whales panties wet. Two rival factions facing off. Each General in the C&C module of their respective Idris tense with anticipation. A level of mutual respect before they charge and command their fleet into battle.

Then realizing they are the only two ships in battle due to instance limits.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Just a >$10k backer shittalking the game and the quality of CIG's output. That's fine

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

tooterfish posted:

What kind of catte is that?

An Australian cinnamon peach-faced lovecatte :kimchi:

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Daztek posted:

OP banned, thread closed :rip:

Was this the thread where Ben said he'd look in to the missing seat, or is that another thread?

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

EminusSleepus posted:

Let me know if you want help in posting it there since my username have some Street creds there lol

What is the golden ticket and am I selling the account?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Was this the thread where Ben said he'd look in to the missing seat, or is that another thread?

Yeah, it was

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319870/the-xian-scout-will-perhaps-be-a-two-seater-reply-from-ben

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Edmund Honda posted:

Just a >$10k backer shittalking the game and the quality of CIG's output. That's fine

jared_its_happening.gif

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I love how Ben's phrasing makes this sound like a simple communications error. "The missing seat." We just misplaced a seat, that's all.

No. Others in this thread have mentioned this too. This isn't an issue of missing a simple art asset. The entire gameplay model surrounding this craft was scaled back intentionally. This is no different than if the Constellation suddenly only had 1 seat. These ships go through too many departments and too many design and implementation passes for its core functionality (as a multi-crew vessel) to suddenly change. Their retroactive change to the ship description in their store proves this. If it was a "mistake", they'd have left it on the store as a 2-seater craft until they "fixed" it. They didn't. Just more behind-the-scenes scaling back of game elements that we've been seeing this year. I wonder if this was done for SQ42 reasons.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Norefund14days posted:

What is the golden ticket and am I selling the account?

You can only really sell the account if you're okay with losing the mail address associated with it.

But back in the day a golden ticket account alone (with just a basic pledge) would go for $1000. I'd have sold mine if not for the mail thing.

Dunno if it sells for anything now.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tortolia posted:

We need to make a bunch of throwaway twitch accounts with names like missing_chair for RtV today.

I'm partial to seat_pipeline myself.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Would CIG hire me?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Truga posted:

You can only really sell the account if you're okay with losing the mail address associated with it.

But back in the day a golden ticket account alone (with just a basic pledge) would go for $1000. I'd have sold mine if not for the mail thing.

Dunno if it sells for anything now.

nope it does not have to be that way, if both buyer/seller agree to change the email but the seller must confirm not to try take back the account then that is fine

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I have to imagine it will be all hands on deck at C&C for RtV today. They probably have a situation room where the top brass huddle together to assess the enemy.

list of banned words:

stimpire
commando
chair
seat
one person
two people
cancer

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

I have to imagine it will be all hands on deck at C&C for RtV today. They probably have a situation room where the top brass huddle together to assess the enemy.

list of banned words:

stimpire
commando
chair
seat
one person
two people
cancer
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when a project lead accidentally says "the smart thing to do now" during a presentation, and is immediately torn to shreds by a pack of hounds.

Then Ben can explain their strange disappearance as natural employee turnover in the next Reverse the Verse.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
the guy who made that xi'ian thread made another one later in the night, that focused on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYUmuplhjak

he was super polite about it and layered it under a ton of qualifiers about how much he loves star citizen, but thinks that maybe Lesnick was a bit out of line in saying this, esp in light of the xi'ian?

now the thread has been removed and he's been banned lol.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Well, at least we can take solace in the fact that Roberts probably has his finger on the pulse of the community and will parlay this stumble into making the company stronger.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Edmund Honda posted:

Colostomy Bag posted:

list of banned words:

stimpire
commando
chair
seat
one person
two people
cancer
monado
ben_is_an_idiot

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Actually, who the gently caress am I kidding. They don't have meetings.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

The thread has been deleted and the OP banned. That'll keep the masses placated.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Want to hear a joke? What beer do citizens drink? Stella!

Because stars, you see. And it's also a poo poo beer!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/47np77/halp_i_cant_download_sc_without_buying_another/

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Dinks!

Toxic dinks!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Dear goons, I have made a :pgabz: Dancey Cat Hoedown* :pgabz: to celebrate the wonder of Shitizen

love, ewe2

* Hoedown could use some more/better instruments. If you are a musical goon and want to contribute proper harmonica (instead of my phasorz kazoo), or clarinet... or banjo... or violin...or just washboard, PM myself and I shall furnish a backing track etc. If you want to sing along, here are chords and words in chordpro format.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 26, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

In the Verse there is not need for :killdozer:.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

The thread has been deleted and the OP banned. That'll keep the masses placated.

The main mistake was using the word "constructive".

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So is the FPS better than call of duty and battlefield?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Dusty Lens posted:

indeed

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Star Citizen: Prepare to Cry Edition

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mr.Tophat posted:

Ben is pathetic. Yet I hope he turns on his masters when they finally show him the boot.

Also, this gif is amazing and it fills my soul with glee.

HEY DEREK GOOD JOB NOT QUOTING ME AND STEALING MY CONTENT GET READY FOR A COPYRIGHT LAWSUIT JERKWAD!

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

Tortolia posted:

We need to make a bunch of throwaway twitch accounts with names like missing_chair for RtV today.

Im pretty sure at this point they have a cig employee or some little toady moderating the channel and reading the thread during the streams now. They've been adding more autobanned words to the wordfilters now. Best to make more subtle ones that don't get instabanned.

Colostomy Bag posted:

list of banned words:

stimpire
commando
chair
seat
one person
two people
cancer

you forgot parp

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

A Neurotic Jew posted:

the guy who made that xi'ian thread made another one later in the night, that focused on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYUmuplhjak

he was super polite about it and layered it under a ton of qualifiers about how much he loves star citizen, but thinks that maybe Lesnick was a bit out of line in saying this, esp in light of the xi'ian?

now the thread has been removed and he's been banned lol.

I avoid watching any of the youtube bullshit they put out, but I braved this minute long snippet. Holy poo poo Ben you are a loving scumbag. You arrogant, condescending piece of poo poo. Good loving god, I hope you go down with the rest of the assholes deliberately fleecing people.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Lol imagine giving them thosands of dollars, being banned from their forum, and then having them refuse to give you a refund, just lol

e: and then having to post on reddit lol I'm dying

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
sharklord was asking too many questions...he must have been B4BG all along!

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319755/cig-devs-how-does-it-feel-to-see-your-work-cause-such-rage/p11

don't they know Beer is FrigginTommyNoble?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Decrepus posted:

Lol imagine giving them thosands of dollars, being banned from their forum, and then having them refuse to give you a refund, just lol

The beauty is that we don't have to just imagine this. For many lucky backers, CIG has made the dream a reality!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ewe2 posted:

Dear goons, I have made a Dancey Cat Hoedown* to celebrate the wonder of Shitizen

love, ewe2

* Hoedown could use some more/better instruments. If you are a musical goon and want to contribute proper harmonica (instead of my phasorz kazoo), or clarinet... or banjo... or violin...or just washboard, PM myself and I shall furnish a backing track etc. If you want to sing along, here are chords and words in chordpro format.

Don't miss this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Wait so a thread where the community manager specifically responds to the OP saying "hmm THAT IS ODD I'll look in to it?" they then close the thread and ban the OP? Do they post a "reason" like SA does in the leper's colony?

• Locked thread