Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

HEY DEREK GOOD JOB NOT QUOTING ME AND STEALING MY CONTENT GET READY FOR A COPYRIGHT LAWSUIT JERKWAD!

That's right your honour

I copied that floppy

I copied that JPEG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This may have been posted earlier in the thread, but it's still great.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Wait so a thread where the community manager specifically responds to the OP saying "hmm THAT IS ODD I'll look in to it?" they then close the thread and ban the OP? Do they post a "reason" like SA does in the leper's colony?
He's banned, therefore he's clearly guilty of something.

You sound like a doubter, you're not a doubter are you?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mr.Tophat posted:

That's right your honour

I copied that floppy

I copied that JPEG

I am happy it caused a page snype in my honour.

I still feel grief though...

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Like between closing the thread and banning the OP and going back to the ship's description site to change details you'd get the impression that this wasn't a mistake they want to learn from, and instead a purposeful decision that they are now trying to whitewash?

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is amiss here.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Can someone please ask in the whatever-the-gently caress today's CIG live-streaming "lie to the public" show is called if Sandi and Chris will be attending the Academy Awards Sunday night and whether they'll be sitting with Gary Oldman and Gillian Anderson?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

hanales posted:

YOU GUYS

Derek is arguing with this snazzylobster guy on twitch. Come watch.

http://twitch.tv/snazzylobster

Edit: Nevermind they're getting civil.

He's going to have a hell of time getting serious numbers for LOD if he's convincing people one-by-one. How's the thread doing?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Mr Fronts posted:

This is good for Star Citizen.

It can only go up up UP! To the moon (once the pipeline releases it)!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I still feel grief though...

:slick:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I wonder what it would take to finally push one of the tool mods they have over the edge. It would be very entertaining and enlightening to see one of them spill the beans on how they're expected to do their jobs.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

"This is major tom"

"Would you like a box of Krispy Kremes?"

"Dinks incoming"

"Sorry am I annoying you?"

"That's funny, I thought this ship had two seats?"

"destination set : arrival, two weeks"

"Missiles armed. Wait, no....now the missiles are armed"

"Undercarriage, undercarriage.... there you go."

"Apparently something is on fire"

Of course, if you're playing another space game, there are some voiceattack packs that can increase your 'immersion';

http://hcsvoicepacks.com/

Leo + ship's cat is Norman Lovett/Holly. Other packs are Tom Baker (The best Doctor), Paul Darrow (Avon from Blakes 7), Verity is the original VO artist.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

ewe2 posted:

Dear goons, I have made a :pgabz: Dancey Cat Hoedown* :pgabz: to celebrate the wonder of Shitizen

love, ewe2

* Hoedown could use some more/better instruments. If you are a musical goon and want to contribute proper harmonica (instead of my phasorz kazoo), or clarinet... or banjo... or violin...or just washboard, PM myself and I shall furnish a backing track etc. If you want to sing along, here are chords and words in chordpro format.

I do many musical things, vocally and instrumentally. I would be interested in contributing to this project.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Or maybe better if they'll be sitting with Kevin Costner.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

As a Project Manager my ears always perk up when someone reports they're "doing a big push" or "are all hands on deck" for something. I don't know if there's a way I can explain my reaction- aside from just thinking the word 'horseshit' over and over- but it always seems like a way to make project work sound like a function of effort instead of intelligent planning. It's throwing the coders and individual designers under the bus and making them pay for the mistakes of bad planning or poor leadership/management.

edit- especially when it's used regularly in updates or status reports. Wasn't Austin "all hands on deck" for something like finishing a concept ship a week or two ago? At some point all hands on deck means you're just in permanent crisis mode.

IDK man, i think more companies should rely on heroics, and change the requirements hourly. It makes the proles feel special because they get to be heroes, which in reality they are decidedly not. They are proles. Coal miners, if you will.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Like between closing the thread and banning the OP and going back to the ship's description site to change details you'd get the impression that this wasn't a mistake they want to learn from, and instead a purposeful decision that they are now trying to whitewash?

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is amiss here.

I totally agree. Everyone is probably stroking their chin trying to make sense of this situation when there is a dearth of facts.

Not sure about the rest of you, but I'm starting to think that something fishy is going on in regards to CIG operations. Guess I shouldn't lose faith, looking forward to picking up the Buccaneer and the Corvette.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

ewe2 posted:

Dear goons, I have made a :pgabz: Dancey Cat Hoedown* :pgabz: to celebrate the wonder of Shitizen

love, ewe2

* Hoedown could use some more/better instruments. If you are a musical goon and want to contribute proper harmonica (instead of my phasorz kazoo), or clarinet... or banjo... or violin...or just washboard, PM myself and I shall furnish a backing track etc. If you want to sing along, here are chords and words in chordpro format.

:allears: It's so beautiful

:pgabz: needs to make a video with this

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

alf_pogs posted:

the ship computer should be called Major Tom

also can there please be a spaceship designed to look like a wheelchair and when it gets in vicinity Major Tom says "thats him in the wheelchair"

Yes.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Or how about "you have fans remortgaging their houses to purchase .jpgs of space ships and you chucklefucks can't even photoshop in the correct number of seats they ordered in their autism chariot?"

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

When someone tells my their team is in an 'all hands on deck' mode they almost always try to frame it as a positive. Look how busy and dedicated we are! You can't question how dedicated we are to your project! But to me big pushes almost always weaken the project in terms of quality, budget and scope.

Crunch time. Or more accurately it's a death march to the soft deadline they've set to get the finite component, SQ42, which has been ejected from the boiling mass of PU out of the door to stand as the product they've built to get around the problems with looming examination by the press.

This all started with the Escapist article and the realisation that it's the first shots fired. There have been a few more articles suggesting the same thing and that hurts the bottom line; their development model is tightly coupled to income.

That they're now trimming expectations at this stage indicates that they are serious about releasing SQ42 this year, but here's the rub; they've already mined out the serious interest in this game. SQ42 is a sunk revenue stream at this point. My original $35 backing still gets me a ridiculous amount of poo poo that they haven't produced including both PU/Star Citizen and SQ42.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It's funny that we all knew they were going to be unable to produce the ships as sold, but I doubt anyone thought it would start with seats in small fighters.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Edmund Honda posted:

Just a >$10k backer shittalking the game and the quality of CIG's output. That's fine

Is anyone keeping a death watch on this people? I wonder if CIG might not prefer to ban a few later for other poo poo so as to be less obvious.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

If you want the authentic gabz experience, the computer should say "landing successful" every time you ram something.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ewe2 posted:

love, ewe2

Amazing :allears:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Duckaerobics posted:

It's funny that we all knew they were going to be unable to produce the ships as sold, but I doubt anyone thought it would start with seats in small fighters.

What the hell are they going to do with the Starliner?

Imagine donating/purchasing/pledging for that thing. As a proud pilot, watch as your 100 (or maybe 4?) people space bus takes longer to board due to immersive animations.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I feel guilty for actually liking Arena Commander just as a fun little visceral dogfight simulator. If E:D would just make weapons stronger or atleast keep missions/combat areas more tuned to the "level" of equipment I think it would probably hold my attention

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ewe2 posted:

love, ewe2

:pgabz:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

hanales posted:

I do many musical things, vocally and instrumentally. I would be interested in contributing to this project.

I've thrown a backing track in FLAC format on here. Do your thing, output to standard WAV, and make a FLAC for me to grab somewhere, it saves on bandwidth for me.

It could also do with the sound of a dancey cat, a sort of ping meow ping meow rhythm.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
More ship voice ideas

"Would you like me to mix a dink...I mean drink in the ship bar?"

"Thrusters at full burn"

"Cargo container exceeding maximum weight restriction, ben is that you?"

"Who left donuts on the dashboard?"

"I don't think you understand flying.."

"Are you seated comfortably? Stimpire genital mutilator is now active, please do not move"

"Free fuzzknot"

"Beware of internet warlords"

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 26, 2016

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
We haven't heard about the Mixmaster drink mixing minigame or the hairy roberts since they first reveled a concept jpeg. I hope it's still coming out!

vogonity
Aug 1, 2005

Buglord

What is this from?

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

Tortolia posted:

We need to make a bunch of throwaway twitch accounts with names like missing_chair for RtV today.

Seatless_In_Seattle

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
More like the Kharone-al

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

You should steal a different jrpg sword like the buster sword from ff7 and make a ship out of it.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
"Do not press the red button"

If you press the red button a screen flips down obscuring 95% of the screen and loops gifs of sandi acting, ben flailing and wobbling, and loops full burn endlessly.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Berious posted:

We haven't heard about the Mixmaster drink mixing minigame or the hairy roberts since they first reveled a concept jpeg. I hope it's still coming out!

Hairy Roberts, now there's a cocktail.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

With each passing day, Star Citizen becomes more and more like Event Horizon.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Where we're going, we don't need deadlines to publish

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The good:

The :psyboom::

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Wait so a thread where the community manager specifically responds to the OP saying "hmm THAT IS ODD I'll look in to it?" they then close the thread and ban the OP? Do they post a "reason" like SA does in the leper's colony?

I imagine that the OP did something like sent a PM to someone at some point in the past discussing whether CIG is violating consumer protection laws and when the moderators saw that he had posted a critical thread, they completely reasonably trawled through every conversation he'd ever had looking for some dirt on him and then banned him for it.

It's pretty standard moderator practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 26, 2016

• Locked thread