Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Sounds like Trump protected the downside.

It's like the GOP hasn't even read The Art of the Deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Korelle posted:

Just when Marco Rubio thought it was safe to start talking poo poo...

HEEEEEEERE'S CHRISTIE.

Lmao

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyBiQaVyLMM

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

"Desparate people do desparate things. I mean, look at me."

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Chris Christie on Marco Rubio: "Desperate people do desperate things"

:superslam:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

THIS IS THE GREATEST ELECTION

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Trump should just assign Christie to show up everywhere Rubio is and yell things at him.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Chris Christie you beautiful bastard

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Presidential Candidates who have been endorsed by former Presidential Candidates:

Donald Trump
Jeb Bush

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Eh, Trump/Christie would be too much 'New York values' for the heartland.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

Marco Rubio: Isauricus
Ted Cruz: Catulus
John Kasich: Cicero
Ben Carson: Crassus
Trump: Caesar

Rubio and Cruz are from a younger generation. Maybe Rubio is Marcus Caelius Rufus.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/703276839322583044

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Easy with the make up Marco, are you ok?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Bah gawd, Christie is runnin wild on the GOP!!!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mike12345 posted:

Eh, Trump/Christie would be too much 'New York values' for the heartland.

Do you think Trump even gives one single poo poo about the media narrative? He thinks he is the media narrative. poo poo, he might even be right.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
HAHAHAHAHA RUBIO PUT ON SO MUCH MAKEUP!!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

haha just when rubio gets some steam going christie comes back to roll him for his lunch money again

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ahahahaha Trump talking about Rubio putting on makeup "with a trowel"

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

evilweasel posted:

I want off the ride.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Trump is really good at this.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Christie grabbed Rubio by the neck and squeezed the air from his body at the most critical time, destroying the hopes of the RNC. He is persona non grata for sure. He might as well join Trump, it is the only remaining course.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
MARCOMENTUM STATUS: loving DEAD

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

This owns so hard. The GOP threw Christie under the bus after "The Hug" and now it's coming back to bite them in the rear end. God is great.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I seriously don't get why we are still laughing. The guy literally wants to put Muslims on a registry and build an actual border wall. Keep laughing when he starts polling up ten in Ohio in the general.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Rubio is a mess.

Unconfirmed if Rubio is a waste, or a big fat mistake. But likely.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Remember when 10 minutes ago people thought Rubio was going to get traction with his attacks.

Now it's Christie endorses Trump and clowns Rubio some more. HES GOOD AT THIS OK

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

CubsWoo posted:

The biggest problem Rubio's going to have is that he can claim he won the debate but the time to change people's minds was before Trump already won 3 states and was poised to win another 10+.
If the entire media is talking about Rubio eviscerating Trump and Trump still wins, then at least Rubio can say he went out swinging. There is no time for Trump to refute the kitchen sink that Rubio threw at him, and there is very little time for Rubio to make an unforced error. Rubio will head into Super Tuesday looking stronger than ever before, and Trump will be looking weaker than he has before. If that's not enough to prevent Trump dominating the vote, then Rubio might as well give up. Stumping Trump on the eve of Super Tuesday is the best possible time to do so. Rubio will likely not going to find himself in this position again, but he is peaking at a time when there are a lot of delegates to be won.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I seriously don't get why we are still laughing. The guy literally wants to put Muslims on a registry and build an actual border wall. Keep laughing when he starts polling up ten in Ohio in the general.

Donald Trump is literally a less scary presidential candidate than Rubio or Cruz.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Boosted I think you might want to go back to posting under "Chris Christie"

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Believe me, I will

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Un

Stumpable

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

pathetic little tramp posted:

MARCOMENTUM STATUS: loving DEAD

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
God drat this election is great

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can you imagine how bad Rubio staffers are losing their minds right now

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

:eyepop:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Just got back from early voting in Texas with my sister and brother in law. The brother is kinda brown and when he was checked in for being a GOP voter, the lady behind the desk said that according to her files that he is very important.

We are trying to guess what she meant and the only thing that we can figure is that he is a brown gop voter in texas.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

If the entire media is talking about Rubio eviscerating Trump and Trump still wins, then at least Rubio can say he went out swinging. There is no time for Trump to refute the kitchen sink that Rubio threw at him, and there is very little time for Rubio to make an unforced error. Rubio will head into Super Tuesday looking stronger than ever before, and Trump will be looking weaker than he has before. If that's not enough to prevent Trump dominating the vote, then Rubio might as well give up. Stumping Trump on the eve of Super Tuesday is the best possible time to do so. Rubio will likely not going to find himself in this position again, but he is peaking at a time when there are a lot of delegates to be won.

And none of that matters now because the rest of the weekend's news cycle will be about Christie endorsing Trump and the tag team clowning they're doing right now

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Donald Trump will never be president. We want him to win the nomination because it puts the electoral prognostication straight into the Reagan/Mondale tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

Just got back from early voting in Texas with my sister and brother in law. The brother is kinda brown and when he was checked in for being a GOP voter, the lady behind the desk said that according to her files that he is very important.

We are trying to guess what she meant and the only thing that we can figure is that he is a brown gop voter in texas.

if the shoe fits

• Locked thread