Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Abel Wingnut posted:

how did he get so goddamn good at the game of politics? it's incredible

Rolling out Christie now is sign of weakness. They know were hurt by debate. Would have wanted to hold it for next week before MI then OH/IL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Kasich has taken Jeb!'s place as the saddest candidate.

Long may he :smith:

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand

Tainen posted:

Odds on Romney endorsing Rubio over the weekend?
He pretty much already has, though, hasn't he? And regardless, I doubt it'll do anything; mostly because of...

Slate Action posted:

It's all over, the primary is finished

Now for the best general election of all time

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Mr. Boogie posted:

:suspense:

House of Cards Season 4 is going to be so loving boring compared to this election.

it's been boring forever

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

SavageBastard posted:

The biggest problem with a losing Trump candidacy (besides white race riots) is that it puts to rest the "we just haven't nominated a big enough rear end in a top hat" line but not the "we just haven't nominated a Real Conservative" ego shield that true believers continue to hide behind election after election. It may be that this idea will never be sated but it would be nice to have a Cruz-like figure lose just to have some solid evidence this is not a thing. I guess we'll get to try it again in 2020.

Conservatism can never be failed my friend. People like Cruz can only fail to be conservative

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Spin out of the right: Trump is going to make Christie AG to prosecute the Clintons.

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

SavageBastard posted:

The biggest problem with a losing Trump candidacy (besides white race riots) is that it puts to rest the "we just haven't nominated a big enough rear end in a top hat" line but not the "we just haven't nominated a Real Conservative" ego shield that true believers continue to hide behind election after election. It may be that this idea will never be sated but it would be nice to have a Cruz-like figure lose just to have some solid evidence this is not a thing. I guess we'll get to try it again in 2020.

That is the opposite of a problem. Let them bang that drum for the rest of forever.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
When are you dummies going to understand?

Trump is the best, and we're going to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

So simple.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Montasque posted:

Spin out of the right: Trump is going to make Christie AG to prosecute the Clintons.

there is always more and it is always great

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

QuoProQuid posted:

I usually hate when people claim that the Republican Party is finished, but I think the party might actually be dying.

"The old world is dying and the new world is struggling to be born. Now is the time of monsters."

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/703280894413512704

:smug:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I can't wait to watch the trumpistas rush to celebrate the endorsement of an obama hugger

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Ken Cuccinelli is on as a pundit for CN and he looks like he's had at least three strokes.

i hope he dies soon

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Mister Fister posted:

Big money donors funding a 3rd party run

smarter to line up next to trump by now - even if he won't take their money, retweets are the new superPAC contributions

assuming trump pulls it out, we might have FOUR legitimate (well funded) candidates running come fall. My predictions:

Trump v Hillary - Hill squeaks it out on the strength of black/hispanic voters with heavy Obama campaigning
Trump v Hillary v Bloomberg - Trump wins
Trump v Hillary v GOPe - Hill wins in a blowout
Trump v Hillary v GOPe v Bloomberg - :lol: who knows

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

nachos posted:

I can't wait to watch the trumpistas rush to celebrate the endorsement of an obama hugger

Montasque posted:

They're doing it and that's the spin.

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Did Christie reveal that he really did see cheering in NJ on 9/11 after all?

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
I'm laughing

I'm laughing so much it hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts
It hurts

It hurts
It hurts

It hurts

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/Timodc/status/703282912574218240
https://twitter.com/Timodc/status/703277219079180289

jeb bush's advisor is so loving bitter, i love it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the game is afoot

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Montasque posted:

Thats not spin, its a win.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mister Fister posted:

Big money donors funding a 3rd party run

It takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

thethreeman posted:

this would almost certainly go to the House since nobody would get 270, and they would select the GOPe.

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
I vape
I vote

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Mitt Romney posted:

I wonder if this will trigger Romney to endorse Rubio now? Even though it's been leaked.

Lol who gives a gently caress about romney

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

lol nice un-endorsement

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

CubsWoo posted:

there is always more and it is always great

Christie is gonna reveal proof that Bush did 9/11

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

SavageBastard posted:

I think a Trump candidacy shatters the belief, even among the party members, that the Republican base are "Real Conservatives", or are looking for anything even close to that.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Did something happen last night involving politics, I either forgot what it was or it was clearly unimportant and irrelevant

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

thethreeman posted:

smarter to line up next to trump by now - even if he won't take their money, retweets are the new superPAC contributions

assuming trump pulls it out, we might have FOUR legitimate (well funded) candidates running come fall. My predictions:

Trump v Hillary - Hill squeaks it out on the strength of black/hispanic voters with heavy Obama campaigning
Trump v Hillary v Bloomberg - Trump wins
Trump v Hillary v GOPe - Hill wins in a blowout

Bloomberg and Hillary are basically the same candidate.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

I'm laughing

I'm laughing so much it hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts

It hurts
It hurts

It hurts
It hurts

It hurts

Except this time the Arrogant Man is clowning all over the Prince and Ch'zo is just like, what

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Montasque posted:

oh my god what a shitshow

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/703284286724689921

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im proud to announce that i Give a gently caress about Mitt Romney

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Nicki Haley is an opportunist who whitewashes herself every chance she gets.

Seriously! Go ask anyone at an Indo-American Congress Party event what they think of Haley, and hear the most venemous anti-white rhetoric of the night.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Dems having a field day

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

lmao
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/703285555564404737

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Stefan Prodan posted:

I skipped forward some pages, was this posted yet?

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-02-26/trump-will-become-president-statistical-model-says?src=usn_fb

Like wow, it's predicted 97% of elections since 1912? So he made the model in 1912 and it's been that accurate since then?? Oh...I see...that's not it...

I guess it's not common outside of like financial circles or something but do people just not know how predictive model testing works? Great dude, you made a model that's curve fit to predict the past, great job.

backtesting is a very common way of testing time series regression models

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Chokes McGee posted:

Except this time the Arrogant Man is clowning all over the Prince and Ch'zo is just like, what

Ten Days A Trump

• Locked thread