Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

My Imaginary GF posted:

Marco Rubio: Isauricus
Ted Cruz: Catulus
John Kasich: Cicero
Ben Carson: Crassus
Trump: Caesar

Majorian posted:

One that started out small but then got insanely big was the campaign for the Pontifex Maximus between Publius Lentulus Catulus and Publius Servilius Vatia Isauricus. They both were old, conservative, cranky aristocrats in the mid-1st century BC who were friends but then started running for the chief priest position. Then Caesar threw his hat into the ring for the position, and Vatia and Catulus each wanted to be the one to take the young philandering arrogant upstart down. So they squabbled and ended up destroying each other politically, while Caesar just waltzed away with the job.

I'm sure that doesn't sound dreadfully similar to any current elections we may be witnessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Amazing day. Totally, completely bananas.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
he's got nothin'
https://twitter.com/SabrinaSiddiqui/status/703308194026790913
https://twitter.com/SabrinaSiddiqui/status/703308823839293440

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

MaxxBot posted:

It really does seem like Rubio is a robot with limited memory capacity that can only fit a certain number of pre-programmed attacks, you'd think his advisers would have new material rather than re-using stuff from last night.

He really ought to hire some comedy writers

three months ago

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Literally everyone here is white

so are you

makes u think

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Ave.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Nichael posted:

Of course! They're just intimidated by his strong religious beliefs...

That's actually exactly what makes him worse than the run of the mill religious Republican rear end in a top hat as they are now. Trump doesn't at all believe in any religion but himself, and he's pretty blatant about that. Yet, he still promises to aggressively push Christianity to appease to the not so small segment of the nation that thinks we need an official religion. I'd rather have someone religious pushing that nonsense than someone who isn't. At least the former is predictable in their stupidity. Trump is not.

If Hillary wins the Dem nomination, the GE is gonna have two candidates who will say or do anything they think voters will like, who both have decades of skeletons, are master media manipulators, and arent afraid to roll around in - actually they embrace - the dirt if called for. The second best timeline is going to own. I hope Hill and Trump murder their respective parties.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Does not compute

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Meanwhile, inside Rubio's head...

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
I'm worried about a Trump-led military coup of the U.S.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
trump has a more than 0% chance of being president

donald trump

how

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx
I'm so sad there won't be a convention fight, but maybe it's for the best. No man was meant to live this high, this close to the sky. These magical moments had to end.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Zoran posted:

He really ought to hire some comedy writers

three months ago

Hiring legitimate comedy writers instead of whatever they got now would've saved even the weakest of the GOP campaigns. This is the election of who can land the funniest insult, and it's embarrassing that it's taken the GOP so long to realize. I just hope the Democrats get it.

I don't get-at all-why he's such a pussy. Say no. Say you won't support him. The Republican base supports strongmen.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

has the guac bowl merchant weighed in on this yet?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Nichael posted:

It's not a bad attack, it's just flawed. His inheritance when his father died isn't what started his own wealth. However, the multitude of advantages that come with having a rich father certainly did make it a lot easier for him to succeed, that's obvious. Trump is not self-made. He's extremely far from that.

Please let this primary end with elected officials from Team Rocket explaining inherited economic advantages and the fairness thereof into a microphone.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Meanwhile, in Florida

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/GusContreras21/status/703290577094209536

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Totalizator posted:

It is now entirely possible that Cruz loses Texas, Kasich loses Ohio and Rubio loses Florida, leaving no way out for ratfucking.

I think you mean that Cruz will lie about winning Texas, Florida, and Ohio.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Vape America Great Again

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

TheScott2K posted:

Please let this primary end with elected officials from Team Rocket explaining inherited economic advantages and the fairness thereof into a microphone.

Well, yeah, that's part of the problem. The Republicans refuse to give even just a little bit, and attack him from the left. There's so many obvious lines of attack here that they don't see or do see and refuse to take because of one misguided principle or another.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Homer J. Fong posted:

This is gonna end like the GoT episode where that dude got his head crushed in when he was about to win. RIP Marco Rubio

A triumphant Marco Rubio straddles the corpse of the defeated Trump. "Jeb Bush," he screams. "Say his name! Say it!"

Trump's mailed fist slams into the side of Rubio's face, and water sprays over the floor of the RNC convention. The very-much-alive Trump mounts Rubio. "Jeb Bush. I humiliated him. I insulted his brother. And I crushed his head in LIKE THIS!"

Rubio's skull bursts like a water balloon. The GOP establishment crowd gasps in amazement. Reince Priebus wails in terror and agony.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Eschers Basement posted:

I'm so sad there won't be a convention fight, but maybe it's for the best. No man was meant to live this high, this close to the sky. These magical moments had to end.

There will be yooge, beautiful, magical new moments that are simply too bizarre for us to even conceive of at this point.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Blasmeister posted:

it's not likely to be anything actually big, it's just attention-grabbing tactics.

wew

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Hail, Trump! We who are about to deport salute you!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Disillusionist posted:

A triumphant Marco Rubio straddles the corpse of the defeated Trump. "Jeb Bush," he screams. "Say his name! Say it!"

Trump's mailed fist slams into the side of Rubio's face, and water sprays over the floor of the RNC convention. The very-much-alive Trump mounts Rubio. "Jeb Bush. I humiliated him. I insulted his brother. And I crushed his head in LIKE THIS!"

Rubio's skull bursts like a water balloon. The GOP establishment crowd gasps in amazement. Reince Priebus wails in terror and agony.
Reince as Ellaria Sand works so well.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Donald Trump is the living embodiment of the modern Republican party, right down to the fake veneer of religion. It would be fitting for him to battle the living embodiment of the modern Democratic party.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Nichael posted:

Reince as Ellaria Sand works so well.

kisses trump, wipes poison off lips, drinks antidote

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
The book written about this primary will be amazing.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Not a Step posted:

Donald Trump is the living embodiment of the modern Republican party, right down to the fake veneer of religion. It would be fitting for him to battle the living embodiment of the modern Democratic party.

This American localization of Godzilla is Great

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Schnorkles posted:

The book burnings as a result of this primary will also be amazing

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Please please let me sign up for Trump University, please please Donald show me how this is done

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/703304812042047495

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Pick posted:

Please please let me sign up for Trump University, please please Donald show me how this is done

One weird trick to destroy the republican party

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Schnorkles posted:

It should be 17 volumes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Schnorkles posted:

I keep thinking that, like I'm halfway through The Bully Pulpit and I keep thinking "I can't wait for the equivalent of this, but for 2016."

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Not a Step posted:

And that's the most ironic thing about it all. He's the Republican party distilled to its hosed up essence. When the elite of the GOP complain about him, none of them realize they've slowly made him for the past thirty years.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

kisses trump, wipes poison off lips, drinks antidote
That Trump/GOT mashup from before was good, but it could obviously be so much better with a few more of Republicans in it.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

:siren: BREAKING NEWS: Jeb Bush, dressed in gimp costume and on all fours, is dragged out onto stage by Donald Trump by dog leash, and will muffle out his endorsement through the gagball stuffed into his mouth :siren:

Rocks fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 26, 2016

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Has anyone made a thisfuckingelection.com compilation for this cycle? It would have to be like 10x as long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

goddamn

• Locked thread