Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Starbound Valley... is... here...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

No, its in the valley, get a map.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
What nonsensical earthbound-esque thing is the "Favorite Thing" input used for :geno:

Pine Bamboo Plum
Nov 5, 2009
I'm so incredibly excited! This is probably going to be one of the biggest purchases for me this year--I bought FE Fates: Birthright last week and it's cool, and I'll buy Bravely Second and Persona 5 in the future, but I know all my time is going to go to my little farm. :3:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I figured it'd do the $15 = €15, but no, it's actually €13,99

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Hahaha I was going to play Pillars of Eternity this weekend because I forgot about this releasing. Never mind that.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
so far, i like the music, there's over 100 shirts you can choose from MINE HAS A MOUSE FACE OR SOMETHING and i like the pixel art, thats my live blog post of new farm game ty and god bless

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Yay, it's out! Congratulations to the developer who can now quit his job at PIzza Hut.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daztek posted:

I figured it'd do the $15 = €15, but no, it's actually €13,99

ConcernedApe is, IMO, one of the best devs ever as far as this stuff.

He doesn't hype his game
He didn't take preorders
He doesn't do early access
Everyone pays the same relative price
He just finished the game and then put it out. And multiplayer will be a free patch later on.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
PLANTING loving ANIME TURNIPS PARSNIPS

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
The official Stardew Valley Wiki is up as well. It needs a lot of filling in but it's good to have something like this available for launch! http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Stardew_Valley_Wiki

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Shirt with a skull on it... welp.

So begins the life of Frank Castle, farmer.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Emalde posted:

What nonsensical earthbound-esque thing is the "Favorite Thing" input used for :geno:

lmao if you didn't put "memes"

ps: this also works in earthbound, PK Memes is very powerful

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
So is it good?

e: bought it anyway. fuckit.

YOURFRIEND fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 26, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
ARE there multiple save files?

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Deakul posted:

Shirt with a skull on it... welp.

So begins the life of Frank Castle, farmer.

that shirt is why i made early misfits era danzig

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
The character customization is pretty nice. Ready to plant crops and raise 300 rabbits

e: I just opened the map and the first thing I saw was a goddamned Wizards Tower, game owns

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 26, 2016

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Initial thoughts:

It's weird that the game doesn't let you chat with each person more than a couple times a day.
I mean, not that that's a bad thing. Makes it a lot easier to tell whether I've gotten that person's socialization points for that day.

I like that the characters seem to have a bunch of ambient actions they can do, like washing dishes or lifting weights. Adds a lot more personality than your average Harvest Moon villager.

Also I'm sure that one guy will be super happy you can click to skip the text appearing and even disable the dialogue typing sound.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

YOURFRIEND posted:

So is it good?

e: bought it anyway. fuckit.

Was just about to ask this. Only reason I didn't immediately buy it is that. erm...other Chucklefish :airquote: game :airquote:.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

chucklefish had nothing to do with developing this and are just a publisher

i swear to god the heat death of the universe will arrive and people still won't understand the distinction

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The town is kind of tedious to navigate for the sake of introducing yourself to everyone otherwise this is pretty chill.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
is this playable with m+k or should i really be using a gamepad?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Infidel Castro posted:

Was just about to ask this. Only reason I didn't immediately buy it is that. erm...other Chucklefish :airquote: game :airquote:.

You take that back, Risk of Rain is very good

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Let me know if anyone can get past the day you get the dog\cat, It crashes for me every time I try to sleep.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Daztek posted:

You take that back, Risk of Rain is very good

The other other one.

As long as they had no hand in development, think I'll pick it up.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
This is very important. Can you walk through crops that have sprouted?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
So how's the game? Is it fun? Buggy? Does it have too much micromanagement or not enough? Can you play it lazily? Do you need a mouse or can you play it with just the keyboard? Can you marry your dog?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

IAmTheRad posted:

Yeah unless they grow up sticks like beans, which block you from the start.

Also I fixed my crash somehow? It seems to be accepting your pet on day ten and then sleeping that triggers it. So I tried just going straight back to bed and that let me move to the next day. No doggy though :negative:

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

IAmTheRad posted:

Yeah! Atleast with some things. Beans grow on sticks, and are impassable, but you can walk through the other ones I've planted.

But I suddenly lost a potato, so I have a feeling that walking over crops reduces their quality. ( Extra so since there is crop quality here, I got a silver and gold star parsnip in the first harvest. )

But! Does anyone know how to use bait with the fishing rod?
I got some bait from a treasure while fishing, and it says that it needs to be combined with a fishing rod, but I can't figure out how.

... Maybe I just need a higher fishing level first?

edit: Nevermind, I need a better fishing rod, thanks wiki!

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I really like the music and the game does a good job of easing you into things at first. I found my first artifact for the museum! You can find these by looking for little worms that stick out of the sand in various locations, hit them with the hoe

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Another nice tip for people: You can build a chest with 36? item slots for 50 or so wood, it helps a lot.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Is there any way to fix the awful mouse movement delay and to allow text to continue while tabbed out?

Feels like my mouse cursor was smeared in jelly.

edit: Nevermind, apparently the mouse thing is only true in the intro cinematic. Odd. You can also allow dialogues to happen while alt tabbed in the options which appear to only be available after the intro cinematic. Game seems great so far!

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 26, 2016

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Fucks sake, Clint, I've got like 50 loving copper ore. Why will you not accept it?

Do you need pure, untouched ore from the depths of the mines or something?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Game looks good and while I do enjoy some farming how are the RPG / Dungeon parts ?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

as a heads up, autorun is in the options

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Played a weeks worth of days so far. I like it. :)

Was there an option to set my own birthday that I missed on character creation?

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Is it everything we dreamed in anime sleep? Really though I've got poo poo to do and wonder if I should prioritize this over Fire Emblem and being a functional married adult.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Protip: Get into fishing and foraging early. They're great ways to supplement your farm income before your farm is big enough to take up most of your time.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Is there any real difference between putting stuff in the shipment box and just selling directly at stores?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
How do you figure out what people like? I gave everyone wild horse radish, but nobody seemed to appreciate it. :(