Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I actually like him. He actually does his job and is far more direct than Ben ever was. He lacks the "professional competency" that we got from James, but such a thing is clearly not part of CIG's company culture anyways.

Ya, Lando is pretty inoffensive. Sure homeless Santa jokes are amusing, but he's clearly a guy just coming in because they keep paying him. Of all of them, his "I don't give a poo poo" attitude is the most open and honest of the bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

the game's on fire and there's not enough chairs
and the forums are all muddied with a thousand lonely citizens
and a dark wind blows

the company is corrupt
and we're on so many alts
with the twitch stream on and the curtains drawn

we're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine
and the machine is bleeding to death

Chris has fallen down
and the goons are all leering
and the snipes are all grim at the top of their pages

it went like this:

the stretch goals tumbled in on themselves
backers clutching dreams picked through the rubble
and pulled out their hair

the forums were beautiful on fire
all twisted anger stretching upwards
everything struckthrough in a thin purple haze

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Smells like desperation and tim tams.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Make the 'Verse Great Again

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlKFHwC0PT8&t=4s

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

I specifically turned on my GB token for that post. I'm surprised it's still around.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

darkarchon posted:

you'll never know :smuggo:

Stupid fool who can't handle the thought of real pvp, or goon thoughtfully plotting a stimpire revolution. Tune in next time! :munch:

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Erris is from INN.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

darkarchon posted:

That's me in the corner
That's me in the spotlight
Losing my immersion

Could a troll really be so dedicated?

Eww, the last active timestamp is a few minutes ago.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

They operate like a free 2 play company only CIG is actually scummier than Nexon or Perfect World.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Loiosh posted:

The patch where they updated the black hole sounds and look is one of my favorite updates. Some of those videos of people traveling near black holes looks immensely cool. I do wish they'd do a bit more modeling of gravitational tides and the radiation/swirling of the accretion disc, but I totally get why that's not practical.

Sagittarius A* is cool.

I went to a black hole, turned engine down, ship quiet. The sounds of the black hole are scary. Not going to do that again hehe.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

darkarchon posted:

That's me in the corner
That's me in the spotlight
Losing my immersion

I nearly believed until I spotted the 42 reference in the store credits. That's the problem with goons, always trying to be too clever. :thumbsup:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Don't Hack the B'tak

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

Mirificus posted:

Could a troll really be so dedicated?
Eww, the last active timestamp is a few minutes ago.

:smuggo:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Berious posted:

I like him too. He knows it's all bullshit and he's just marking time collecting a pay check. I can respect that. Not a shred of Ben's zealotry or Sandi's sadism.

Ben is a clueless, pretentious sycophant. Jared just doesn't give a poo poo.

darkarchon posted:

Erris is from INN.

And a coward.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I had a look, the 300i is $55. You can trade in your bottom of the barrel $45 jpeg for an extremely generous $5 off this totally betterer definitely won't be nerfed awesome new jpeg.

You'd be dumb not to tbh.

CIG must be getting worried their whales are fracked out with these new an exciting attempts to pump the fresh meat.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

Wrecked Angle posted:

I nearly believed until I spotted the 42 reference in the store credits. That's the problem with goons, always trying to be too clever. :thumbsup:

:smuggo::thumbsup:

A coincidence? I should ask that the person on the second chair…

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
I'm nervous about the precedent that removing the second seat in the scout sets. I have my heart set on farming space potatoes and space tomatoes at the same time and if they remove one of the farming modules from the Endeavor my space farming endeavor (heh) will be crippled.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

He has a bow tie and a fez in lieu of a personality though.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The game will never come out so it's irrelevant how many seats are in the ship

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

darkarchon posted:

:smuggo::thumbsup:

A coincidence? I should ask that the person on the second chair…

darkarchon posted:

So guys quick question, as a German backer, what's the easiest way to get my refund? I got the usual yadda yadda email some point in December after opening my ticket starting November… anyway. I paid with PayPal so no chargeback here. Do I have any chance to cop out of this bullshit? I only spent like 50€ but I could use that money for better things right now.

darkarchon posted:

The more and more I read from B'Tak the more I come to the assumption that this guy is German. Just based on the way he writes and what he writes.

So you're German and Captain B'tak's profile says he's Italian. Shouldn't the store credits be in Euro?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

"Okay, I found your problem. You're using the worst kind of electricity. Honestly almost any other kind would be better."

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

Mirificus posted:

So you're German and Captain B'tak's profile says he's Italian. Shouldn't the store credits be in Euro?

Interestingly people on the internet can tell many things :smuggo: But the credits on the store are actually always in $, for whatever reason. Maybe you can change it, not sure.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Galarox posted:

I am many many pages back, but had to finish this before catching up. Thanks to whoever suggested this, can't remember who it was. Anyways...

The Port Olisar River Boatmen:

:ussr:
This instantly came to mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU-Kxhn1SVI

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Galarox posted:

I am many many pages back, but had to finish this before catching up. Thanks to whoever suggested this, can't remember who it was. Anyways...

The Port Olisar River Boatmen:

This is loving quality work, as ever.

Witness the human-sized Ben, gazing adoringly at his derp-faced master.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

I've been sat here playing country guitar to it lol, I need to figure out a way to record

Use a headset or plug some headphones into your mic input

~immersion~

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

Well at least I managed to confuse some goons. :smuggo: I'm ok with this. :yaycloud:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
So it's one thing to say that ships are subject to change; it's another to actually do it. Everyone at CIG knew the thing was moving to a single-seater, except one group: the people paying. This is tantamount to fraud. Many backers just got it up the rear end to the tune of $150 each. Does CIG think what they just pulled won't have any effect on future ship sales? No matter what they pull out of their asses for the next wave of ships, most people at this point will think twice about what CIG says the ship is, and what they might finally get down the road. Aside from the most deluded cultists, of course.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Scruffpuff posted:

So it's one thing to say that ships are subject to change; it's another to actually do it. Everyone at CIG knew the thing was moving to a single-seater, except one group: the people paying. This is tantamount to fraud. Many backers just got it up the rear end to the tune of $150 each. Does CIG think what they just pulled won't have any effect on future ship sales? No matter what they pull out of their asses for the next wave of ships, most people at this point will think twice about what CIG says the ship is, and what they might finally get down the road. Aside from the most deluded cultists, of course.

Well Ben said this was in no way indicative of any other ship's development so I'm pretty sure we'll never see another feature cut

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Well Ben said this was in no way indicative of any other ship's development so I'm pretty sure we'll never see another feature cut

We got that word from Ben himself? Well that's a relief. I'll give them this one.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

darkarchon posted:

Interestingly people on the internet can tell many things :smuggo: But the credits on the store are actually always in $, for whatever reason. Maybe you can change it, not sure.

I'm rooting for you to not be B'tak, but encourage you to keep up the act. Because if RSI bans a dumb poster for Thought Crimes he never committed, it'll be totally worth it.

Cavendish
Feb 26, 2016

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I like how they basically admitted that they sold something to backers before putting any gameplay design effort or thought into it.

Is that not a great summary of the entire story? I mean, they have sold dreams and are now rapidly reaching the point of no return?

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I mean, it's already there, The Scout. I get annoyed when people keep asking about it, honestly.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Actually, that message was a miscommunication

Turns out CIG have entirely revamped every ship and replaced all armaments with a flintlock rifle on a stick. Unfortunately Ben doesn't know this yet, because the person in charge of ship development isn't aware of a single thing that happens during that development.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

peter gabriel posted:

Wanted to get this in quick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C63xAvSQLI

gently caress em all

Oh you beautiful son of a bitch.

im dying

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

In the environment I work in, the summation is pretty dead-on. If an architect has incomplete building plans, no amount of extra effort on the part of the construction workers is going to suddenly fill in that gap. If a project is managed well, even if not 100% perfectly, then you can still usually expect some delays, and some extra programming hours here and there to make up for unforeseen problems in the code. But if it's poorly managed, the managers very frequently will tell clients "the developers are all hands on deck" as a passive-aggressive way to imply that those are the people at fault. In the meantime the managers are scrambling to cobble together the half-assed design documents they failed to provide in the first place, and the devs are sitting there with their dicks in their hands waiting for their marching orders.

Still poo poo posting from the past, but yeah - spot on. I work in the building industry and the major blockage in completing a project on time and on budget, in my experience, is the architect dicking around with plans or not providing detailed drawings on time for any given project. I have worked on 2 builds in the last 3 years where the architect was fired for this. When there is no direction from the top the tradesmen end up as you say sitting around on site with their dicks in their hands and being paid for doing nothing in fact the contractors will make sure their tradesmen are on site and being paid (cos they want their sweet sweet cut) even if the materials they need for the work are not there or the build is not at the state that requires their men. I have also experienced the all hands on deck mentality (which solves nothing, it just means you get a bunch of people on site getting under one anothers feet trying to look busy) and more people/money thrown at a project does not = results. It generally means chaos. This is SC in a nutshell, everyone pulling in different directions to (a) cover their rear end and (b) get their rear end paid.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I mean, it's already there, The Scout. I get annoyed when people keep asking about it, honestly.

*Sigh* The Khartu-Al was just a ship mode

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
Here's s free name idea: TheLindberghChair

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

Wanted to get this in quick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C63xAvSQLI

gently caress em all

its about time you used an actual good song in one of your videos, apart from china in your hand of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

MAybe actually I'm looking at their project management abilities all wrong though, they're really geniuses. At most places there's the saying "people want things done quick, cheap and well. Pick two." CIG has managed to convince their customers to pick 0, and feel good about it.

• Locked thread