Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
And that's it for me for a few days. I'll pick it up Monday.

We may need another person to help us run some fights. We're slowing down aren't we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Every single one of the vile, stinking unblooded from last round is still unblooded after messing up this round. Shame them!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Shame arrives.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Shame!

Are there any unblooded yet to fight? Who are they, so that they can be stoned and booed as they enter the arena?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Spermy Smurf posted:

And that's it for me for a few days. I'll pick it up Monday.

We may need another person to help us run some fights. We're slowing down aren't we?

That's probably pretty natural. I think we can be done by this round this weekend, even without other people running fights.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You gotta run all 3 then. I dont do weekends.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

fallingdownjoe posted:

Shame!

Are there any unblooded yet to fight? Who are they, so that they can be stoned and booed as they enter the arena?

All five have fought. They have not earned their names, but they are visible on the kill tally.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Spermy Smurf posted:

You gotta run all 3 then. I dont do weekends.

That's what I meant. I just haven't been around much for the last couple weeks due to a flu that's been kicking my rear end, but it's over now. We now return to your regularly scheduled weekend violence.

:siren: Round 10, Fight 3 :siren:

Worse Munki is on the left side of the arena.
Experiment Twenty-Two (fallingdownjoe) is a female tigerman. She wields a copper long sword and a copper shield and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Strangler Than Fiction (Tunicate) is a female strangler. She is empty handed and wears an iron helm, leather armor, a copper mail shirt, a platinum mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and copper low boots.
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Pittsburgh Lambic) is a male elf. He wields a silver war hammer and wears leather leggings and leather high boots.
Chaz Steadyfist (Segway Rave) is a male werewolf. He wields an iron halberd and a wooden shield and wears a silver helm, leather armor, leather leggings, and leather gauntlets.

The Plump Helmets is on the right side of the arena.
Dory (my dad) is a female minotaur. She wields two copper spears and wears a bronze cap, leather armor, a bronze mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
James LargeSausage (Afriscipio) is a male human. He wields an iron halberd and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, iron leggings, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
Josie the Bludgeonatrix (Ramc) is a female elf. She wields a copper mace and a wooden shield and wears leather armor, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Return of Panty Thief (Mr. Vile) is a male yeti. He is empty handed and wears a bronze helm, a bronze breast plate, bronze greaves, bronze gauntlets, and bronze low boots.

Worse Munki is a 1.71 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 16835.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 9833.00 dwarfbucks for The Plump Helmets.

It's hammer elf vs mace elf today. And their friends, I guess. Worse Munki are rather expectedly the betting favorite, and looking to extend their win streak to the double digits with this and their next fight. However, the Plump Helmets are no slouches, and the top of their own division, and apparently jon joe is bullish enough on their prospects to bet everything on them here to put himself back in second place in the betting. A lot rides on this match, folks.

Dory is the swiftest on the field by a good margin. She actually crosses the middle line before the home team reaches, and due to this overstep, Strangler gets the first attack, unhinging her jaw so she can bite around her large rib cage and clamp down over her lung. Dory is instantly short of breath, even through armor. The elves exchange blows, getting the gauge of each other, but others interfere. This is no private duel.

Dory finally pulls herself together enough to stab at Strangler, and off flies a hand. Experiment tries to counter with the same move, but Dory is covered by bronze. It takes a moment more for Dory to shake off Strangler and catch her breath. Chaz, meanwhile, is being a punching bag. Panty Thief lifts him by the toe, and Josie smashes his arm.

Experiment stabs again, and this time catches Dory in the gauntlet, where bronze is thin enough to do a lot of structural damage, and the spear is lost. In return, Josie and James beat up Strangler, one apiece smashing and chopping her legs. Panty Thief bounces Chaz off the ground, then drops him.

FARTSTORM bashes Dory in the other arm, and Dory loses her second spear. So much for that. Experiment punches Dory, exploding a thumb, but forgot to pay attention to the worse threat, and James removes her left leg at the ankle.

Dory has given up, and is accepting skull fractures, but this is getting hectic. Panty Thief knocks Experiment sprawling, then grabs Strangler's toe. He's going to have to do something about the tenacious strangler soon, because Strangler has a mouth full of Josie thigh, and things are not going well for her.

Dory dies as our first fall, FARTSTORM finally smashing her head in. At the same moment, Josie gets her act together, and smashes Strangler's leg, and he finally gives up, and also in the same moment Experiment tries another revenge attack and again finds that the target's armor is too tough for her copper sword, as James' leggings are iron. James responds by chopping off the tiger-creature's other paw.

This fight is going nowhere. Everyone charged into the middle, and they are not leaving. Blood pools. Panty Thief laughs off Chaz's attempt to bite his head. The fierce FARTSTORM smacks James in the arm, but it's not a solid blow, and he's only bruised. Frustrated at this whole "sharp end not working" thing, Experiment slaps James with the flat of the blade, doing even less.

Second fall. Josie smashes Strangler to tie up the fight, and James lands another slash on Experiment, who is low on limbs. This only cuts muscle, though, instead of severing everything, but the shield is still lost.

Worse Munki sit in the center. Their foes ring them. FARTSTORM heads south to Josie and Panty Thief, while James backs up to try to separate the tiger and wolf. Panty Thief plays "got your nose" with FARTSTORM. In the sense that he grabs it and throws the elf by it, not the game to amuse babies. FARTSTORM smashes a yeti finger in retaliation. That's nothing. Let Josie demonstrate. Most of FARTSTORM's right arm is forced inward in ways it shouldn't go, bone exploding through skin and muscle to glint white in the open air.

I labeled the two elves backwards. Such is life.

Things have shifted. FARTSTORM is surrounded, but Panty Thief has stepped into range of Experiment. That doesn't last long; a single lazy haymaker and the footless tiger is forced to roll away. Panty Thief may have a problem, though. He's stripped off FARTSTORM's leather pants, and is bound and determined to beat the elf to death with them. So far, it can only bruise. This may really be an elf-vs-elf smash-off here, in practice, and Josie is definitely ahead on points, as FARTSTORM takes various punishing but not crippling blows.

Chaz has mostly been dueling James, and neither seems to have a telling advantage, although finally Chaz lands a shot to the face, and James loses an eye. James counters with a tail stab. Yeah, that is not exacty a compelling advantage either way.

What is telling is Josie, and what she's telling is FARTSTORM to gently caress off. Her mace crumbles ribs, and the shrapnel goes through his liver. He's down. Moments later, James finally gets another shot in, and Chaz faints on his feet, before toppling over a moment later.

Suddenly, Worse Munki drops from three to one participants. Two more maces blows (and two ineffective leather pant slaps) and Josie lives up to her name and proves the better bashing elf. She moves off to engage Experiment as the other two gather around Chaz. James deals the lethal blow, by decapitation.

That leaves only Experiment. Furious that the pants are not proving deadly so far, Panty Thief whips them around even more brutally than before, and the impact drives the wind from the tiger's lungs. James removes more leg from the catgirl, and she bleeds to death.

Kills
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS: 1
James LargeSausage: 2
Josie the Bludgeonatrix: 2

This really has been a round of upsets. :stare: jon joe demonstrates an uncanny ability to tell who's going to win, even if his team can't.

Combat Log

poo poo, this round is going to wipe me out in the betting...

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate posted:

Why do you think the highest-ranked team is called Worse Munki?

Oh no I've jinxed it.

Dangit.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Three things:

1) What the gently caress? If I had known Plump Helmets was the underdog I would have bet on them. Thought they were the favorites to win it all.

2) Your writeups make me laugh. Well done.

3) Chaz Steadyfist really poo poo the bed there.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
If not for Srirarcha, Plump Helmets and Worse Munki would be level on 34 kills apiece. As it is, Worse Munki lose the kill count lead this round, their 35 unable to match the 36 the Subterranean Animists have laid claim to. In addition, James LargeSausage closes in to within one kill of Chaz Steadyfist, 16 to his 17.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I thought of a 4th thing.

4) 3 fights in12hrs? We spoil you guys.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

You're lucky I'm an insomniac else the tally would barely keep up! Ringmasters, we salute you!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Yes but do you spoil us enough?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I thought of a 5th thing.

5) gently caress you, Bad Munki.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

ZeeToo posted:

jon joe demonstrates an uncanny ability to tell who's going to win, even if his team can't.

:burger:

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Spermy Smurf posted:

2) Your writeups make me laugh. Well done.

Oh, good. I try to keep something there because I feel I'd be losing something against your more interesting visuals, which I definitely do appreciate seeing.

Bad Munki posted:

Yes but do you spoil us enough?

Glutton for punishment, or just masochistic? :v:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You must have missed Jimbo's last fight. :smugbert:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
This is definitely my favorite round of fights so far.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Bad Munki posted:

You must have missed Jimbo's last fight. :smugbert:

Dibs on running the fight with whatever team Jimbo is on next round.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

I hate you

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Heck no I love archer fights and that's the only archer-vs-archer team match up on the cards this tournament.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

ZeeToo posted:

Heck no I love archer fights and that's the only archer-vs-archer team match up on the cards this tournament.

Maybe for the remaining rounds, GreyPowerVan should just bolt-up. What else do we have to lose?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

jon joe posted:

Maybe for the remaining rounds, GreyPowerVan should just bolt-up. What else do we have to lose?

The next eight rounds.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

ZeeToo posted:

The next eight rounds.

I doubt bolt/no-bolt is going to make a serious impact on that. Or maybe bolts might, at least, get a lucky shot in.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Maybe compromise and give him exactly one bolt. That way he can fire it off and still run into melee range in time to die immediately.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
No one is talking about how Panty Thief stripped another gladiator naked against his will.

Tumblr is going to yell at us if they find out.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Cathode Raymond posted:

Maybe compromise and give him exactly one bolt. That way he can fire it off and still run into melee range in time to die immediately.

Yeah that's probably best. And by best I mean worst. Because everything Lightly Whipped does, it worst.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Spermy Smurf posted:

No one is talking about how Panty Thief stripped another gladiator naked against his will.

Tumblr is going to yell at us if they find out.

Well it's not like you weren't warned.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Mr. Vile posted:

Well it's not like you weren't warned.

:perfect:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Ramc posted:

I am going to apologize preemptively for our team breaking Worse Munki's 8 game winning streak.

:colbert:

Also backing up, did SunTzulander sell all of his armor?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Ramc posted:

:colbert:

Also backing up, did SunTzulander sell all of his armor?

Did Sun tzulander ever have armour?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:sigh:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Splode posted:

Did Sun tzulander ever have armour?

He did. I know this because I carefully checked his eq when drawing him deboning Dusseldorf.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Keru posted:

On paper, Sun Tzulander is our teams most skilled combatant.

On paper.

He is lvl 8 Armor and he's naked

What is going on here.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Can I buy a fighter from somebody with my dorfbetbux?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Cathode Raymond posted:

Can I buy a fighter from somebody with my dorfbetbux?

I agree, there should be more things to do with dorfbux!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Ramc posted:

Josie respects her fellow hammerelves. She will do her best to destroy you, but it will be a respectful destroying.

Mr. Vile posted:

Panty Thief makes no such promises.

Man. Then you went and pantsed him in front of the entire arena. You were not kidding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

YEAH, GO TASH, TANK 'EM ALL