Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Well, any more than that it's basically worth it to just abandon it and throw away the money he paid for it and buy a new one from a local dealer which is (I think) somewhere in the $800ish range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

buying, registering, insuring a $1K car
Newly Acquired Auto coverage (ask your insurance agent) is part of the Alberta Insurance Act as long as you have a plate from another car and don't take more than 10 days and don't mind making GBS threads your pants every time you see a cruiser.

edit: The Lord Provides!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/lethbridge/1991-turbo-pontiac-firefly/1143242383

You might need a second one and Human Centipede them together to make up 15 feet though. How are you with a welder?

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 27, 2016

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

slidebite posted:

Well, any more than that it's basically worth it to just abandon it and throw away the money he paid for it and buy a new one from a local dealer which is (I think) somewhere in the $800ish range.

Hack together a ladder rack out of an old bedframe. If you can weld/have a friend that can weld, you can rig something up in an afternoon with $50 of scrap metal and a metal bedframe from the dump. I used one on my Taco for years, worked fantastic. You'd overhang the front/back, but you can strap it down well, and it will be legal. No longer than a canoe, anyways.

I can scratch up a drawing example if you need a better idea.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I think I am picturing what you are saying and I like it. My biggest concern though would be the 6' or so that would be over the cab. I might be a little concerned it would bend without support closer to the front.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

edit: The Lord Provides!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/lethbridge/1991-turbo-pontiac-firefly/1143242383

You might need a second one and Human Centipede them together to make up 15 feet though. How are you with a welder?
:lol:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
This is ideal. Get this for your Taco, it won't harm the truck in any way, but you already knew that. There are 4 points of contact between the awning and your (company) Taco
From back to front:
1. Rear support, close to the tailgate. Awning sticks out maybe a foot, maybe less, beyond that rearmost support
2. front-of-bed support.
3. Pad (old towel) on the roof of the cab. Held in place by the downward pressure of the awning, coming from
4. Rope to front bumper. There are ALWAYS places to tie a thin rope on any passenger vehicle. Tie the front end of the awning - use a good, proper knot, not just "tie lots" - to the front bumper (or some other solid hardpoint at the front end). Tension it down enough to bend the awning just a little, and not bounce on the roof of the cab. Tie it down to multiple points in and around the bed.

The weight is carried by the rear supports, the stability come from the tension on the front vertical tie-down line. Add another line going to the left side at a diagonal at the front to keep everything aligned with the vehicles major axis. Pad any rope that's in contact with painted metal or a potentially sharp edge with a bit of leather (like an old work glove) and some duct tape (around the pad+rope, don't let duct tape adhesive touch car paint).
Can you tie a trucker's hitch, a clove hitch, and a bowline? Here's a decent-looking website.

This awning is as long as a (short-ish) canoe, a bit heavier (if it's really 150lbs), and narrower. Carrying it on the roof of your Tacoma should be no problem.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

slidebite posted:

I think I am picturing what you are saying and I like it. My biggest concern though would be the 6' or so that would be over the cab. I might be a little concerned it would bend without support closer to the front.

Close to that, yeah. The one I built was really, really ghetto. Square steel tubing as "legs" that just sat on the bed of the truck. Welded to an old bed frame at the top. To hold it down, I just used ratchet straps looped around the corners and attached them to the anchor points in the corners of the truck bed. It also went forward over the cab for extra support - we made little support legs with padding on the bottom to keep it from scratching the roof of the truck.

Please see my advanced super-CAD drawing here:

The red is the padding. The whole thing was only a foot or so shorter than the truck. If the awning is a little "floppy", get some long pieces of lumber and plastic moving wrap, bind it all together for support, then slap it on the rack.

Albeit you likely know what I mean, this is the kind of bedframe we used - standard metal one. Pulled the "legs" off of it. If it's built to support people having sex, a canoe or ladder or RV awning ain't nothing :P

It is seriously ghetto, but it worked amazingly well. I did up corner supports, tie downs, etc. since mine stayed on for a few years, but for a quick trip, as long as your welds are good, you'd be golden.

edited to not assault peoples tables

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
If you don't need to use the passenger door I wonder if you could just rig it up sitting side saddle along the length of the truck using some ratchet straps or metal brackets.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Siochain posted:

Close to that, yeah. The one I built was really, really ghetto. Square steel tubing as "legs" that just sat on the bed of the truck. Welded to an old bed frame at the top. To hold it down, I just used ratchet straps looped around the corners and attached them to the anchor points in the corners of the truck bed. It also went forward over the cab for extra support - we made little support legs with padding on the bottom to keep it from scratching the roof of the truck.

Please see my advanced super-CAD drawing here:

The red is the padding. The whole thing was only a foot or so shorter than the truck. If the awning is a little "floppy", get some long pieces of lumber and plastic moving wrap, bind it all together for support, then slap it on the rack.

Albeit you likely know what I mean, this is the kind of bedframe we used - standard metal one. Pulled the "legs" off of it. If it's built to support people having sex, a canoe or ladder or RV awning ain't nothing :P

It is seriously ghetto, but it worked amazingly well. I did up corner supports, tie downs, etc. since mine stayed on for a few years, but for a quick trip, as long as your welds are good, you'd be golden.

edited to not assault peoples tables
OK, I'm going to think about this, it's pretty simple. I don't have a welder but have friends that do. I was over analyzing the front support but execudork and you nailed it, the roof of the cab will be the front support and I have tow hooks in the front if I need to tie it down a bit.

8ender posted:

If you don't need to use the passenger door I wonder if you could just rig it up sitting side saddle along the length of the truck using some ratchet straps or metal brackets.
That's exactly what my option 1 is, but the "hook" or whatever for cab/front fender area is what's giving me concern. I cannot modify the truck. I would almost have to see if there is something from underneath I can extend out and tie to... but if I'm going to do that siochains rack is probably easier anyhow.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Alberta AI: Underemployed Engineers Discuss Moving To BC

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I swear to god, if I build this I'm going to sketch it out first and get my wife to stamp it for me.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

If you just want something temporary you can totally just use some lumber to build a frame. I did it for my canoe, it works great, only takes a couple hours and not a lot of money. Use bolts and screws though, not nails.

If the awning is really floppy you can build a support bed for it at the same time, by which I mean 2 2x4s laid on edge to either side of the awning and ratchet strapped to it like a sandwich.

Hell, back when I worked in a warehouse I cobbled together a pipe rack out of two heavy duty pallets. Laid them on edge in the bed, tied them together with straps and supports between them and toed in some upright supports.

I did this to take thousands of pounds of scrap pipe to the metal yard, not all in one trip of course, but it works really really well if you HAVE to move something like that.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I actually think I have some scrap 2x4 and 2x10 that I could use for that. Even if I don't it's cheap enough to buy and my father-in-law is building a workbench for his garage so it could get recycled when I'm done.

Thanks guys, 99% sure I'm going to do this unless someone else has an epiphany.

e: Pretty sure the awning is in an aluminum tube so it won't be "floppy" per se, but I could see it sagging/bending if more than 4' or so were unsupported.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Yeah, go with the wood. And the long sandwich for the awning is a good idea, too, you wouldn't want to go to all this trouble and end up damaging the awning.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Yeah, I was planing on the sandwich thing with 2x4 regardless to keep it rigid.

Back to regularly scheduled AI....

The oil crash is hitting Ft Mac so hard they are dumping their Silver Spurs for $11K... which means you could probably pick it up for $8500 and a flat of Molson Black Ice.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/fort-mcmurray/rolls-royce-1987-silver-spur/1140497895?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

slidebite posted:

I actually think I have some scrap 2x4 and 2x10 that I could use for that. Even if I don't it's cheap enough to buy and my father-in-law is building a workbench for his garage so it could get recycled when I'm done.

Thanks guys, 99% sure I'm going to do this unless someone else has an epiphany.

e: Pretty sure the awning is in an aluminum tube so it won't be "floppy" per se, but I could see it sagging/bending if more than 4' or so were unsupported.

I forgot to mention, tie a bucket on the leading end of the awning to act as a wind cap. With it off of the rv, it won't have any spring tension keeping the cloth from unraveling like a sail. Bucket will deflect the airflow.

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

So I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread for this, but it happened in Grande Prairie so I guess it counts?

My parents took their old '98 Toyota Corolla to a local scrap shop over a year ago to have it crushed. It was declared a safety hazard by three different mechanics because it was hemorraging oil like crazy and the back stabilizer bar was completely shot and the front one was starting to give.

So they were pretty surprised to get a call today from the Beaverlodge RCMP asking if they owned an old Corolla!

Apparently my mom hadn't had her name removed from the registration, despite cancelling the insurance and taking the license plate. She signed a form handing the registration over to the scrap yard, and they never gave her a certificate of destruction :doh:. She finished throwing out all the paperwork she had on that vehicle about a week ago.

So I was wondering if anyone could tell me: just how screwed are my parents? :(

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I doubt it's a big deal. Was it used in a crime or something? How long ago did they scrap it?

Some hick probably just bought it from the wreckers for next to nothing and it somehow ended up abandoned somewhere. They might try to get her to pay a tow or impound fee or something. I don't even know how you would go about "removing your name" from registration. Every vehicle I've ever sold I've just signed the back of the registration.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah if they can prove they got rid of it I don't see much of a problem. Some dude on Beyond got his old truck back for the impound fees that way as well.

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

slidebite posted:

I doubt it's a big deal. Was it used in a crime or something? How long ago did they scrap it?

Some hick probably just bought it from the wreckers for next to nothing and it somehow ended up abandoned somewhere. They might try to get her to pay a tow or impound fee or something. I don't even know how you would go about "removing your name" from registration. Every vehicle I've ever sold I've just signed the back of the registration.

Considering the crime rates around that area right now, I wouldn't be surprised if it had been sold as a "cut 'n' shut", espescially since it had no plates. Or it could've been bought by some kid to use for an amateur demolition derby, those are common around there. They brought it to the scrap shop a little over a year ago.

Is it possible for them to sign it over to the police? I read about some woman in Surrey who had something similar happen to her and she got out of paying towing and storage fees by relinquishing the vehicle to the towing company.

Yeah if they can prove they got rid of it I don't see much of a problem. Some dude on Beyond got his old truck back for the impound fees that way as well.

That's what I'm concerned about, my mom got rid of all the paper work since she thought it had been dealt with a long time ago. They're going to have to ask the scrap shop for their copy of the paperwork, and since they never handed them a certificate of destruction I'm guessing that they were purposefully pulling some shady poo poo.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Just let the police know you sold it to the junkyard on x date. They probably called your mom because she was the last one to register the vehicle. Odds are its sitting in either an impound or some tow vendor's lot and will likely be either auctioned off or go back to the junkyard.

Most junkyards will just get you to sign the bill of sale, there's no "certificate of destruction". Many more will try and flip the vehicle after the fact if it's in decent shape, which sounds like that's what's happened here.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I'm not really sure what a "certificate of destruction" is - I've never heard of it. I assume they took it to a wreckers (Harry's?) and it's really their business to get as much salvaged out of the car as they possibly can before they crush the remainder... or, like 1500q says flip something that might be salvageable as a whole.

If it was a true scrap metal yard they are by definition as shady of a business as you can possibly get. I would not be surprised in the slightest that if that was the case they would have turned around and either flipped it or a worker used it as a personal ride for however long.

e: Either way, I don't see it being a really super serious thing for your folks. Worst case scenario there might be some impound fees or a land owner to deal with if it was abandoned on private property.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 29, 2016

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Yeah I worked for one of the more reputable junkyards and I've never heard of a "certificate of destruction" before now. Closest I can think of is sometimes people would write "For parts or scrap only" on the bill of sale in which case we wouldn't try flipping the car, I can't see that stopping a smaller, more entrepreneurial, operation though.

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

slidebite posted:

I'm not really sure what a "certificate of destruction" is - I've never heard of it. I assume they took it to a wreckers (Harry's?) and it's really their business to get as much salvaged out of the car as they possibly can before they crush the remainder... or, like 1500q says flip something that might be salvageable as a whole.

If it was a true scrap metal yard they are by definition as shady of a business as you can possibly get. I would not be surprised in the slightest that if that was the case they would have turned around and either flipped it or a worker used it as a personal ride for however long.

e: Either way, I don't see it being a really super serious thing for your folks. Worst case scenario there might be some impound fees or a land owner to deal with if it was abandoned on private property.

Yeah I looked into it a bit more and it seems that all the stories which mention a 'certificate of destruction' are out of the UK and Europe, so I guess it's just a thing over there. What blows my mind is that they brought it to a place that's been in operation since the 70's (HW Steel) so you think they would've heard about some sketchy stuff happening there since it used to be a pretty small city and my parents know a lot of people around there. My mom's going to go to see someone tomorrow with the license plate.

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah I worked for one of the more reputable junkyards and I've never heard of a "certificate of destruction" before now. Closest I can think of is sometimes people would write "For parts or scrap only" on the bill of sale in which case we wouldn't try flipping the car, I can't see that stopping a smaller, more entrepreneurial, operation though.

I'll keep that in mind when my brother goes to scrap his old van.

Thanks for the info guys :unsmith:. I was freaking out because my parents are already struggleing to deal with some other stuff and this just seemed like the cherry on a poo poo sundae.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Your parents can talk to their insurance company. They'll have records of when the policy on that car was ended, presumably with a note attached that says "sold to junkyard (junkyard name) on (date)"

I took my old minivan to a junkyard when I left Vancouver - I parked it next to a rotting MG and a half-collapsed RV, and left with $120.

A year later, my mom got a letter from the Alberta RCMP because the van had been found abandoned on a road somewhere NW of Edmonton. She was the last registered owner of the vehicle in Alberta, because for the 7 years I owned that vehicle it wore BC plates. I couldn't find the paperwork from the junkyard so we sent the RCMP copies of my insurance forms I requested from ICBC.

Nomex
Jul 17, 2002

Flame retarded.
Hey is anyone going to the Michner Allen auction in Edmonton on the 5th? There's a 2015 Chev 2500 LT, and I'd like to know how hosed it is.

http://details.maauctions.com/AutolistingYEG_Detail.aspx?Link=3/3/2016%5Eaa6052e9709c4418a8ed95fdf0421fea

It looks pretty decent in the pics, aside from being dirty and having a huge dent in the tail gate. Anyone wanna look under it for me?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Anyone want a set of 4x114.3 Accord wheels with a tacky black paint job? Dude was selling his sister's ex-boyfriend's wheels from a decade ago but didn't remember what his sister's ex-boyfriend drove. It was a pretty good deal.

Took a bet, turned out to be the other kind of 4-bolt Honda.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anyone want my side by side ? I bought a new one because the 2015 stock is super cheap right now.

$5000 can deliver as far as Edmonton for the price of fuel

Kawasaki Teryx 840,
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-atv/grande-prairie/kawasaki-teryx-840/1144584616

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Lethbridge got some story on CNN about welcoming refugees.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/07/world/canada-welcomes-syrian-refugees/index.html

Pretty sure I saw a family out for a walk today when I rode by on my bike. Dad was taking a picture of a kid next to a tree and when he saw me on my big bike started jumping up and down and waving excitedly :3:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

slidebite posted:

Lethbridge got some story on CNN about welcoming refugees.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/07/world/canada-welcomes-syrian-refugees/index.html

Pretty sure I saw a family out for a walk today when I rode by on my bike. Dad was taking a picture of a kid next to a tree and when he saw me on my big bike started jumping up and down and waving excitedly :3:

The dad or the kid?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I feel bad for refugees who have to flee a bombed-out desert hellhole and end up in Edmonton.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Slung Blade posted:

The dad or the kid?

haha, yeah the kid

Also just got linked to this. Don't know where it's from but it could be Northern AB so let's just say it is.
https://youtu.be/k64rrkZSrWw

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

slidebite posted:

Also just got linked to this. Don't know where it's from but it could be Northern AB so let's just say it is.
https://youtu.be/k64rrkZSrWw
That's hilarious, and I'd be surprised if that was anywhere else but Northern Alberta. I've got to put together a bit of bear safety training for my labmates, and I think I'll include that video. We'll see if they laugh - they're all young women who have varying levels of background Bearanoia already. I'm hoping to give them some useful information that will help them shift from "FEAR" to "Caution"; it's hard to get any work done if you're afraid all the time, but healthy caution about realistic wildlife risks is a good thing.

My post-doc contract was extended for (at least) another year, and planning this summer's fieldwork is progressing rapidly. It looks like I'll be spending most of May driving around northern and central Alberta - I've got work to do in Fort McMurray and Seba Beach again this year, plus Peace River and Cold Lake - my job description includes "fill in with expertise and decision-making ability as needed". First up is Ft. Mac, I'll be driving Cheryl, our University of Calgary work truck (2007 F150 4x4) from Calgary to Ft. Mac in the last week of April. Cheryl is already registered to drive on the Mine, then back down to Seba Beach (80km west of Edmonton) after about a week. Cheryl needs to spend her summer in Seba Beach (like last year) as the work truck for that group through August (and probably September).

Cheryl 1 by Martin Brummell, on Flickr
A reminder: This is Cheryl. If you see her, feel free to honk / wave / act like a lunatic. It'll either be me, and I'll stop to chat (if I can), or one of my coworkers, who will probably panic and crash into you.

Then I've got to get myself to either Peace River or Cold Lake, and after a week, the other of those two. May 28 or 29 I need to fly to Fredericton, New Brunswick for a conference, and I don't expect to spend much of June or July in Alberta at all. August hasn't really been figured out, yet, but I'll almost certainly get myself back to Alberta (flying into Edmonton in early August is the most likely event) and spend some time in Peace River / Seba Beach / Cold Lake then.

If I spend 1 week at each location, I'll need a way to get myself around Northern Alberta for about 3 weeks, roughly May 7 to May 28. That's where this long-winded blather becomes relevant: I need some input from some mentally unstable individuals who share certain delusions (CARS CARS CARS) with me.

Plan A. Buy a car! Last year's Summer Truck worked out incredibly well, and while this summer is going to be rather different than last summer, I still love the idea of buying something in Alberta in May and ending up with it in Ontario in October. I have none of the practical, pragmatic needs of last year (moving), so rather than a truck, I'm swinging the other direction: CONVERTIBLE. This also means leaving the car somewhere (I can find a place to stash it, I think) for June and July (or loaning it to my GF in Regina).

Plan B. Be boring, rent a car (on at least partially my employer's dime) for 3 weeks.
Plan B seems more sensible - for around $650 (plus fuel) I can pick up and return a car to Edmonton, and deal with transport in August and September in August and September. Sensible is boring, and I'm willing to throw money at non-sensible so unless subsequent plans turn into really weird light-cash-on-fire affairs, I don't want to go with this Plan B.

So, how should I swing this? Ideally, I'd buy a car in or near Edmonton on May 7 or the week following. I figure Edmonton is the biggest market I'll be near, unless a deal happens in Calgary in late April. I'd really like a convertible because if I'm going to go with a crazy plan I figure I should go all-in. Let's imagine my budget is similar to last year's: $4000 (we can push that around if interesting options appear).

For $4000, do you think I could get a
  • Miata
  • Saab 900 / 9000 / 9-3
  • BMW 3-series
  • VW Golf/Rabbit
  • Del Sol
  • Mustang
  • something else
in drop-top configuration and ideally manual transmission? That isn't a total basket case and is in turn-key / drive away condition? A bit of browsing around Kijiji tells me this isn't flat-out impossible. I've never heard anything good about Cavaliers or Sebrings, so I'm avoiding those convertible options.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
You're not getting a no-maintenance-required Miata for $4k (market is overheated and the cars are not maintained) but you'd have to try really hard not to get a good V6 Mustang for that much.

Saabvertibles are a crapshoot. Have to see what's available closer to purchase time.

Also, gently caress it, get a Trans Am: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/medicine-hat/96-firebird-trans-am-convertible/1146003664

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 8, 2016

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
The 3-Series is probably similar to Miata market as SSS mentioned. $4k will almost certainly get you a 3 series but it may have... issues.

However, 4k could probably swing you an older E34 5 series in good shape, and those cars are rad. Not a convertible but they're excellent grand tourers.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Go for the golf.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

8ender posted:

The 3-Series is probably similar to Miata market as SSS mentioned. $4k will almost certainly get you a 3 series but it may have... issues.

However, 4k could probably swing you an older E34 5 series in good shape, and those cars are rad. Not a convertible but they're excellent grand tourers.
The E36 market is hit and miss under four grand, I'd say. You're definitely not getting a soft-top in that range but you can get "beater grade" tintops that need negligence-related work for $2K.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

You're not getting a no-maintenance-required Miata for $4k (market is overheated and the cars are not maintained) but you'd have to try really hard not to get a good V6 Mustang for that much.

Saabvertibles are a crapshoot. Have to see what's available closer to purchase time.

Also, gently caress it, get a Trans Am: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/medicine-hat/96-firebird-trans-am-convertible/1146003664

Yeah gently caress it man you need this TA. If you want something ridiculous this is exactly it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

If you are seriously interested in the TA I literally go to Redcliff every few weeks or so and can check it out, though that drivers side damage isn't exactly minor.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

slidebite posted:

If you are seriously interested in the TA I literally go to Redcliff every few weeks or so and can check it out, though that drivers side damage isn't exactly minor.

Pffffffffffffffffffft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

slidebite posted:

Yeah, that body damage looks pretty nasty in the pictures, and the ad says "would need to be repaired". Also, autotragic and I'm hoping to stay to 6 or fewer cylinders. I'll pass on that one, but I'll keep you in mind for anything else that pops up down south.

DrakeriderCa posted:

Pffffffffffffffffffft

You make a good counterpoint, sir. I shall further consider this TA.

EDIT: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/beautiful-summer-car-for-sale-4000-firm/1138655871?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Hmmmm....

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 9, 2016