Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spielmeister
Mar 31, 2014
Inform the family that they're out of toilet paper, then give Chloe's wheels the Scooter Special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

thread youre a good thread and i love you :allears:

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
Give Chloe a rocket launcher and a riot shield

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Lazy Bear posted:

Give Chloe a rocket launcher and a riot shield

This is just silly. We don't have access to riot shields and rocket launchers.

Equip Chloe with a David's Handgun and Polaroid Camera in preparation for the upcoming conflict.

Then convince her to shoot him.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
There needs to be fanart of this.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

give david the old spicy keychain

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Side with Joyce, refuse to enable either party

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015
Side with David

Not because you agree with him or his behaviour, but because you think Chloe's behaviour is completely out of line and it's Joyce's partner who she loves and Chloe should respect that.

JEBOman
Dec 27, 2009

Jim Flatline posted:

It's Joyce's partner who she loves and Chloe should respect that.

Good argument, except that David hits Chloe. I don't think someone should accept a step parent that hits them just because their parent loves them.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I'm abstaining from this vote because drat both are hosed up.

On one hand our blue haired anime waifu is expecting us to back her up and in many ways we should because this jackass hits her and spies on his whole family but on the other hand we're breaking up a family and Chloe is being a bitch.

This game :allears:

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

I'm closin that poo poo down so I can record tomorrow! Side with Chloe wins by six meager votes lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Don't Shoot David

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

JEBOman posted:

Good argument, except that David hits Chloe. I don't think someone should accept a step parent that hits them just because their parent loves them.

"Hits" implies repetition.

Outside of time looping, it's seems like that David hit Chloe once. Or even not at all, I suppose, depending on the loop.

The reaction from both David and Chloe is very much "I did not expect that to happen." They're both shocked.

I mean, it's horrible, and the fact David's response wasn't something along the lines of "God help me, I'm so sorry" is worse, but doing something like that once in a moment of stress and fear is still a different thing from habitually abusing someone.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Air is lava! posted:

The people have spoken. You can stop the poll now.

Man, remember this nerd!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

We should have listened to that nerd.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

chiasaur11 posted:

Outside of time looping, it's seems like that David hit Chloe once. Or even not at all, I suppose, depending on the loop.

The reaction from both David and Chloe is very much "I did not expect that to happen." They're both shocked.

I mean, it's horrible, and the fact David's response wasn't something along the lines of "God help me, I'm so sorry" is worse, but doing something like that once in a moment of stress and fear is still a different thing from habitually abusing someone.

Nah, a day later he raised his hand to her again to threaten her during the very scene we are voting on. That flinch back she does seems pretty well trained. Either way, he didn't learn his lesson. Also, he was shoving Kate around the other day. Dude thinks it's okay to put his hands on kids at home and abroad.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Oh also he hits Chloe if we don't emerge from hiding.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Don't hit kids. Period.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

Don't Shoot David

Dump paint on his head and tell him to go gently caress himselfie

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Hitting another person in anger once is too many times.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Veloxyll posted:

Man, remember this nerd!

At that point the decission was way more clear than it is now. The people agreed uniformly. :colbert:

Surprise Pizza
Mar 21, 2010
I know the vote is over, but I would like to point out that Joyce says "you better go to a hotel until we figure this out." It does sound like she going to give him a chance to explain once everybody's calmed down.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

GlyphGryph posted:

This is just silly. We don't have access to riot shields and rocket launchers.

Equip Chloe with a David's Handgun and Polaroid Camera in preparation for the upcoming conflict.

Then convince her to shoot him.
Do this, but convince her to shoot the car bumper.

The ricochet will finish the job.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Good morning good morning! Time for a :siren: NEW VIDEO :siren:

:siren:We gotta use all our wits to outsmart Frank! Pbff who am I kidding gently caress this guy he sucks:siren:

Today's poll: closed!

And one updated journal page for today:

Panzer Skank fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 5, 2016

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Kaubocks posted:

besides, we gotta keep up this thread's trend of making the worst decision possible at every opportunity

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I don't really get Max's logic that since we need to learn about Frank, we should go talk to the cop and Nathan loving Prescott, a dude who's so unhinged and aggressive that it stands to reason that he's liable to outright stab us if get close to him.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Ometeotl posted:

I don't really get Max's logic that since we need to learn about Frank, we should go talk to the cop and Nathan loving Prescott, a dude who's so unhinged and aggressive that it stands to reason that he's liable to outright stab us if get close to him.

I think the logic is that the cop would know about Frank based on his illegal activity and Nathan knows him because he buys drugs from him. I didn't show it off bc it already takes forever to move through the dialogue trees, but we can actually learn the secret "I'm cool and down with Drugs" codeword from Nathan to give to Frank. It does not help us get his keys.

Edit:

VVV We did not give him the money yet, and we don't actually know if paying him would remove him as a threat to us.

Panzer Skank fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 29, 2016

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Didn't we already give Frank back the money?

So why do we care if he has a gun? Besides him being crazy, that is.

drak0nis
Feb 28, 2016
In honour of my absolute favourite part of Life is Strange, I'm entering this thread bearing, uh, gifts. In my defense, Panzer asked me to link these in her thread and we both have a terrible sense of humour.

http://chloes-pirate-booty.tumblr.com/post/133372371270/i-cannot-be-stopped

https://vine.co/v/iuHjmHdzld9

EDIT: I would advise again visiting any other part of that tumblr or vine account if you haven't played the game, they are absolutely crawling with spoilers!

Also, as an actual good and interesting link, here's a quick explanation of the ominous ant thing if you aren't aware of it! It's an ant death spiral, and is essentially ants becoming confused and marching endlessly to their own freakish death: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prjhQcqiGQc

drak0nis fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 29, 2016

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Let's not get a gun anywhere near Chloe, shall we.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Throw the gun into the road.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Eat the gun. Shoot the cannoli.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Getting the gun back in the hands of Chloe means its back to where we can at least have some semblance of control over it. Even if its just to tell Chloe that it really needs to be found under something in the garage. Or we could leave it in the hands of the incredibly unstable drug dealer, that's a great idea.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'm not a huge fan of Chloe having a gun, but disarming Frank is a good idea.

I cannot get over how offended Frank is by having his beans spilled. It's like they're all that matter to him in the world.

thorf
Jun 26, 2013

Coffeehitler posted:

Getting the gun back in the hands of Chloe means its back to where we can at least have some semblance of control over it. Even if its just to tell Chloe that it really needs to be found under something in the garage. Or we could leave it in the hands of the incredibly unstable drug dealer, that's a great idea.
Not to mention that if Frank shoots somebody, the gun is registered to David, so David would be blamed.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I cannot get over how offended Frank is by having his beans spilled. It's like they're all that matter to him in the world.
I love the delivery of that line.

Captian Nuke
Aug 5, 2012
You know the way Frank talked about his photograph of Rachel makes me wonder if he isn't a failed artist himself.

Rachel continues to be an enigma, it seems like the only people who didn't like her (and who all seem to believe that Rachel loved them) are Victoria and rude trucker.

I also love how much of a dick Max is when she's messing up Franks meal just because she can. I am disturbed that there's basically a choice to murder Franks dog, Are Max's power of time travel slowly corrupting her?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Feed the dog the Gun. This one seems much more clear cut than some of the other ones.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think we should tell Chloe about Handsome Rachel.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

I think we should tell Chloe about Handsome Rachel.

You can't go crossing the streams right off the bat, Waffle

geez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I think a "California earthquake" would be far preferable to a Cascadia one.

• Locked thread