Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

did you went with the tiller upgrade or the animal upgrade?

The former, all about crops.

For those bitching about movement speed. Once you get your first gold bar it shouldn't take you very long to fill out the collection quests for the boiler room in the community center. This let's you shortcut to and from any of these three points; the bus stop just right of your farm, the blacksmith, and the mines.

Also the way that relations work is that everything is tracked per week. As long as you talk to someone once a week (weeks reset on Sunday) you will move your relations up and you can give them two gifts per week to make it go faster.

Edit: Oh and plant as much loving Corn as you can afford to in the summer. Corn also grows during the fall so the earlier you get a big field going the more it will pay itself back.

Demiurge4 fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'd rather have no nighttime constraints like shop closing times and forced sleep and be able to just munch a shitload of dandelions to keep going as long as I can keep my energy up than be able to run faster tbh

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I played this until 2am last night, it is amazing. :3:

I...I think I just got a billboard quest from Haley asking for a potato to be used for uh, intimate purposes?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Zoe posted:

I played this until 2am last night, it is amazing. :3:

I...I think I just got a billboard quest from Haley asking for a potato to be used for uh, intimate purposes?

I played from like 230 am til 1115 am without even noticing, game owns and I think I am gonna jump right back into playing it :v:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I got a quest to catch three anchovies so of course I caught six sardines and a halibut.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How do I get a better fishing pole? I have the starter one but the only thing the fish shop sells is bamboo pole for 500 and that is the starter one

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

DoBoMi posted:

What is the best way to get coal? I can't find any
Starting around mine level 50 you find these fuzzy black monsters and they drop coal pretty often.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So fishing is loving impossible. I tried both clicking and clicking and holding as brought up in this thread but the bar is tiny, the fish moves a ton and as soon as you're off it goes red and you lose.

Eodoin
Dec 3, 2014

drunken officeparty posted:

How do I get a better fishing pole? I have the starter one but the only thing the fish shop sells is bamboo pole for 500 and that is the starter one

I wanna say it was around day 20 that I received a letter that he got better stock. Then you can get a Fiberglass Rod for 1800g

Elendil004 posted:

So fishing is loving impossible. I tried both clicking and clicking and holding as brought up in this thread but the bar is tiny, the fish moves a ton and as soon as you're off it goes red and you lose.

Are you just starting to fish? I know it was like that in the beginning then the fish gets slower the more you level up. Just make sure your using light clicks. Like only light taps is all you need.

Eodoin fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 27, 2016

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

drunken officeparty posted:

The fishing npc says something about being able to expand the shops shock if fishing becomes more popular. I caught enough fish to trigger it about halfway though spring. He starts stocking a new rod and bait.

Also I've only lost like 3 fish ever, I wonder what's making it so hard for people.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Mazz posted:

So back in the day I used Cheat Engine to modify the clock speed of an emulated HM64 because it ran WAY too fast (think it had something to do with FPS? don't remember). In the end I was able to do whatever the hell I wanted to the clock, even slowing it down so days were like 10x longer than they should've been.

I'm looking into doing something similar here but its a pain in the rear end. I may have found the memory location of the clock (it's slow, lined up with the clock increments, and set to increment by 10), but the hard part now is figuring out how to actually slow it down without breaking EVERYTHING because its actually a bunch of poo poo intertwined.

If I make any progress I'll mention it in the thread though.

If it at all helps, in the XML files they refer to time as running from 0 to 2600 (2am of the next day). So I would look for that kind of number when looking for time.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Elendil004 posted:

I haven't failed the Fishing Minigame much and I basically click nonstop, even when the fish is staying still (unless it is sitting still at the bottom). The only times I fail is when the fish goes insane and goes top to bottom back to top to bottom over and over OR I get brave and go far for a chest

I never click and hold, because if the fish stops you'll pretty much instantly move past him and then have to wait for it to drop back down to him which puts you out of the control of the bar

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Is there anything to do on someone's birthday? It's the mayors birthday and I'm talking to him, but he's not acknowledging it.

e: also, the big stump by my house that my axe isn't good enough to chop, do I need a better axe, or more skill in foraging?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Chakan posted:

Is there anything to do on someone's birthday? It's the mayors birthday and I'm talking to him, but he's not acknowledging it.

Give him a gift

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Where do you get the recipe for the first sprinkler? Haven't seen it yet at day 20 or so.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Wallet posted:

Where do you get the recipe for the first sprinkler? Haven't seen it yet at day 20 or so.

I think it is at Farming Skill 3

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
Speaking of fishing, I got three crab pots from one of the bundles in the community center and they are a biiiit bugged. I've had two occasions where I placed two or more next to each other, and then when I tried to pick them all up, one would disappear, or refuse to let me pick them up at all. Maybe it's an issue from using them before you unlock them via fishing level or whatever since I finished that community bundle through picking stuff up off the beach but yeah warning to anyone using them.

vvv poo poo, if that's it then I might have a problem because this was after that patch.

Thompsons fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 27, 2016

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
pfft look at all these babies in this thread crying about fishing :smugdog:

e: crab pots were on the list of things that just got fixed in the patch

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
I just became one with the forest, man.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

When is Marnie actually open because I'm in her shop during opening hours and she's just standing around in her bedroom, not letting me buy chickens.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
For the introductions quest I'm missing two people a blond pigtail lady and a dude in a wizard robe, where can I find these people?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

hopeandjoy posted:

When is Marnie actually open because I'm in her shop during opening hours and she's just standing around in her bedroom, not letting me buy chickens.

I imagine there is a sign outside her door, maybe you came during her day off?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Looking to find these two find folks. I guess one is the wizard?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Elendil004 posted:

Looking to find these two find folks. I guess one is the wizard?

for the purple hair girl check the saloon in the arcade part after like 5 or so I've seen her there every night

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Reason posted:

for the purple hair girl check the saloon in the arcade part after like 5 or so I've seen her there every night

She also lives in the general store, so you can beeline there and get her as soon as she leaves her room.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
purple haired dude is based on plot. give mayor a gift on his bf or whenever and the event would start, and then you'll get a letter.

purple haired girl hangs around the hobo area sometimes.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
So if you complete a quest but don't/can't turn it in before the deadline you fail. Oops.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Revol posted:

I imagine there is a sign outside her door, maybe you came during her day off?

She's open "most days".

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Also, anyone knows where is the Mayor's purple shorts?

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety

Demiurge4 posted:

The former, all about crops.

For those bitching about movement speed. Once you get your first gold bar it shouldn't take you very long to fill out the collection quests for the boiler room in the community center. This let's you shortcut to and from any of these three points; the bus stop just right of your farm, the blacksmith, and the mines.

Also the way that relations work is that everything is tracked per week. As long as you talk to someone once a week (weeks reset on Sunday) you will move your relations up and you can give them two gifts per week to make it go faster.

Edit: Oh and plant as much loving Corn as you can afford to in the summer. Corn also grows during the fall so the earlier you get a big field going the more it will pay itself back.
I think I have everything for the boiler room but the void essence, what drops those?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So it turns out those minecarts you see around eventually become a fast travel system.

^ Void Essence drops deep in the mine, about level 80 and beyond.

It's also worth pointing out that some collection quests like that have more possible collectables than you need, so you can mix and match. You don't need void essence, really. Slime, bat wings and something else should be fine.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Got a dog

Random name = Titsabella

GOTY

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Ugh, I got this game and haven't even played it for 15 minutes and I want to play more. Haven't played Harvest Moon since the SNES. This is just right up my alley.

Now I just need a PC Monster Rancher and all will be right with the world.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
:argh: I am rolling in horseradish, leeks, and daffodils, but I have not seen a dandelion since like day 5 and I need one

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Stringbean posted:

Ugh, I got this game and haven't even played it for 15 minutes and I want to play more. Haven't played Harvest Moon since the SNES. This is just right up my alley.

Now I just need a PC Monster Rancher and all will be right with the world.

If there was a pc monster rancher I'd never leave my apt

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
All the text for the tip channel on the TV, if you want it.
http://pastebin.com/aLLC9qBZ

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Turns out emo kid is a programmer, so he's only kinda a shut in.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
God the music in this game is so chrono triggery its hitting some serious nostalgia buttons

Khorne
May 1, 2002
The recycling machine is amazing. It's the easiest way to get mass refined quartz. It turns broken glasses and the jojanet cds into a bar of it.

Crab Pots are also still bugged. I had a few disappear when I went to move them, and now when I check them they only take 1 bait and only 1 of the returns comes up. I should have checked if they worked or not before making a ton of them.

edit: apparently reopening the game fixes the crab pot thing. And it won't break again unless you move them.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Chantilly Say posted:

Is there a quick way to check prices without going to the vendor? I wanna double-check what a furnace needs but I don't wanna go all the way over there

Your post inspired me to try and stitch together some lists of what different vendors offered in image format. I'm at the carpenter's place now and the coop needs 4K gold, 300 wood and 100 stone. I haven't made it into Summer yet or done nearly as much as other people have in terms of actually trying to do things vs. just exploring though.