Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So I'm playing the last mission, mind controlled a berserker to attack the last avatar. And now it's just...gone? I didn't see it do the teleport animation it's just not there anymore and I've got enemies flooding in while I try to figure this out.

I've got pretty much the entire room visible so I don't know wtf is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
It's very possible that it teleported several rooms away, it's a little buggy like that.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Wow, awesome. GG Firaxis. I guess I'll just pull everyone back and hope it shows up.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

The mission is going extraordinarily smoothly and seems like a sure and easy win. A small pod walks in through the fog, triggering my sniper's pistol overwatch.

The shot misses, hitting a truck halfway across the map.

That truck contains the VIP, and it explodes as soon as the game shifts over to my turn. Mission failed, territory lost. gently caress you Jake.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Vargs posted:

The mission is going extraordinarily smoothly and seems like a sure and easy win. A small pod walks in through the fog, triggering my sniper's pistol overwatch.

That truck contains the VIP, and it explodes as soon as the game shifts over to my turn. Mission failed, territory lost. gently caress you Jake.

:xcom:

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Vargs posted:

That's XCOM, baby.

Old school games missed shots had a good chance of going into other characters, including your own soldiers. At least now that only happens when you hit explosives and panic grenades.

EvilSlug
Dec 5, 2004
Not crazy, just evil.
^^^ LOL @ VIP death outta nowhere. Ouch.

FraudulentEconomics posted:

I'm not 100% sure just because I haven't tried it yet, but wouldn't it be possible to avoid conflicts by using "extends" definitions for any ini edits one performs? Obviously if you are changing a base value then you're going to hit a conflict at one point or another, but extends should allow you to cleanly add additional entries without worrying about someone else's poo poo getting broken. I noticed that they use extends often in the already established classes, so that seems logical to me.

On another note, I've finally begin figuring out what needs to be done to have vests function like armor mods so that vests are no longer hilariously useless in 99% of cases.
For ini edits, sure. All the "add something" mods make good use of that or extends, because they're quite literally just slapping extra stuff into a file that was built to be added to and largely doesn't care where new things land. If you're looking to alter the functionality of something that already exists ingame and they didn't account for the idea that you'd want to do that by making it a config variable; you have to modify a class function. Even with an extend, as I currently understand things; you're changing the base functionality of stuff in that class and breaking the class for others who might want to touch it in their own way...and vice versa.

Let's talk about what I have to do if you want your dudes to say something when they chuck a Battle Scanner, since it's an easy case. If you look in XComGameCore.ini, you will find that you can change the radius, range, and charges associated with the item itself; but you can't alter the item or add to its functionality. If you want to change the actual item, you have to alter the static function that creates it or the static function that grants its abilities to a soldier. It's best to trigger item or ability sound cues on activation events, so we have to change its entry in the massive X2Ability_ItemGrantedAbilitySet.uc file.
code:
class X2Ability_ItemGrantedAbilitySet_Slug extends X2Ability_ItemGrantedAbilitySet dependson(XComGameStateContext_Ability) config(GameCore);

static function X2AbilityTemplate BattleScanner()
{
	local X2AbilityTemplate             Template;
	local X2AbilityCost_ActionPoints    ActionPointCost;
	local X2AbilityCost_Ammo            AmmoCost;
	local X2AbilityTarget_Cursor        CursorTarget;
	local X2AbilityMultiTarget_Radius   RadiusMultiTarget;
	local X2Effect_PersistentSquadViewer    ViewerEffect;
	local X2Effect_ScanningProtocol     ScanningEffect;
	local X2Condition_UnitProperty      CivilianProperty;

`CREATE_X2ABILITY_TEMPLATE(Template, 'BattleScanner');

Template.IconImage = "img:///UILibrary_PerkIcons.UIPerk_item_battlescanner";
	Template.AbilitySourceName = 'eAbilitySource_Item';
	Template.eAbilityIconBehaviorHUD = eAbilityIconBehavior_AlwaysShow;
	Template.Hostility = eHostility_Neutral;
	Template.bDisplayInUITacticalText = false;
	Template.bHideWeaponDuringFire = true;
// vvvvv look...this right here should've been in the vanilla code vvvvv
	Template.ActivationSpeech = 'BattleScanner';  //add proper soundcue to trigger
//
//blah blah blah 50 more lines of various code
//
	return Template;
}
I only needed to add that single 'Template.ActivationSpeech' line to get the sound to fire properly for any and every voicepack that contains properly linked sound files. To do it, I had to extend and use a 75 line function instead of the single line '+foo' of an ini setting. Firaxis left the voice trigger out of this ability (and several others) in vanilla because they never bothered to record sounds for the firing of that ability. The cue exists and the trigger exists, but they didn't have sounds for it so nobody even thought to put a trigger into the ability. A mod friendly approach would've had it in there anyway, since triggers that call empty/missing sounds cause no errors. There's a lot of stuff like this in the game that I can fix or add functionality to, but it comes at a cost of breaking the mods of anybody who wishes to alter core functionality of any of the items/abilities that I touch.

All over a single needed line of extra code that realistically should have been in a 'mod friendly' game from release, in many cases. :psyduck:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

LowellDND posted:

As an aside, is there an XCOM 2 commanders choice mod yet?

There actually is a Commander's Choice mod, but it's part of Second Wave Reborn and apparently it has dicey compatibility.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Vargs posted:

Try losing two soldiers behind a car on a VIP extraction mission because an ADVENT trooper's gauss rifle somehow lands on the car's gas tank and it immediately blows up. I'd rather lose a VIP than two soldiers. One of them was modeled on me, too. :(

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Yami Fenrir posted:

It's very possible that it teleported several rooms away, it's a little buggy like that.

Yeah I've had them teleport all the way back into the previous room before, although I at least had a soldier far enough back hat could see him so I knew what happened.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Can anyone explain what the circles of energy are in this screen shot? (XCOM EW stuff)

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Bioelectric Skin gene mod?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I have Bioelectric gene mod, but I don't understand what it's detecting there. There are and were zero aliens in the vicinity of those circles.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Olive Branch posted:

Try losing two soldiers behind a car on a VIP extraction mission because an ADVENT trooper's gauss rifle somehow lands on the car's gas tank and it immediately blows up. I'd rather lose a VIP than two soldiers. One of them was modeled on me, too. :(

The rule for me is no cover on cars when pods are active on the map, no cover on cars when uncovering territory (in case you activate and get stuck on the car), no cover on cars period on missions where faceless are a possibility. They can activate and attack in the same enemy turn, and if they hit a soldier taking cover on a car they're almost guaranteed to kill when in Kevlar.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

EvilSlug posted:

For a "mod friendly game", this game is decidedly not mod friendly. Adding stuff, sure. You can add basic models/textures/newshit all day long without big issues. Changing or hooking into anything that already exists? You'd better pray they instanced the important parts to a config file or your only option is to override the classes and kiss compatibility with other mods goodbye. I've put together the start of a utility mod that fixes some broken add-on voice functionality (and broken vanilla soldier bark functionality...and adds functionality), but extending classes to alter a function overrides them. And that means nobody else's mod can touch the classes mine do or one of the two mods breaks.

There are some things that you can do by adding templates, and you can do basically anything to the UI by using screenlisteners to modify UI elements instead of replacing the entire screen... but yeah, there are some parts of the code that are just not very mod friendly despite being exposed. I've been sort of playing with the idea of writing a mod framework for those parts of the code that just replaces them with something that raises events you could hook into (so, like, "PostSaveGame" or "PreTrainRookie") to increase the flexibility of those parts, but a) that seems like a lot of effort I might not have time for, b) I have no idea how in the hell I'd convince other mod authors to use it, and c) their tools are not well set-up for including dependent mods while coding. (People would have to manually copy the extra tools in.)

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Well my first attempt was a bust, I lost my A team on my last chance blacksite mission. I started a new game with all the goon mods and I just got totally wiped by the first blacksite. Each pod is 2 lancers and a snake. The snake poisons if the grab misses then the lancers knock my guys unconscious after all my shots miss or don't kill. Once my first guy is down the entire squad panics. I guess the AI Improvement mods just made things go from I can do this! To peanut butter lancer time.

Suck me side ways this sucks.

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 27, 2016

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I'm having an issue where I have more abilities that need icons on the battle screen than I'm actually getting. I've got mods that add some buttons (Steady Aim, Beatdown, etc), and sometimes that means buttons that would normally on the right just don't show up. Is there a way I can change a number and have more possible buttons?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
has anyone made a mod that makes blown up turrets into cover?

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

EvilSlug posted:

^^^ LOL @ VIP death outta nowhere. Ouch.

For ini edits, sure. All the "add something" mods make good use of that or extends, because they're quite literally just slapping extra stuff into a file that was built to be added to and largely doesn't care where new things land. If you're looking to alter the functionality of something that already exists ingame and they didn't account for the idea that you'd want to do that by making it a config variable; you have to modify a class function. Even with an extend, as I currently understand things; you're changing the base functionality of stuff in that class and breaking the class for others who might want to touch it in their own way...and vice versa.

Let's talk about what I have to do if you want your dudes to say something when they chuck a Battle Scanner, since it's an easy case. If you look in XComGameCore.ini, you will find that you can change the radius, range, and charges associated with the item itself; but you can't alter the item or add to its functionality. If you want to change the actual item, you have to alter the static function that creates it or the static function that grants its abilities to a soldier. It's best to trigger item or ability sound cues on activation events, so we have to change its entry in the massive X2Ability_ItemGrantedAbilitySet.uc file.
code:
class X2Ability_ItemGrantedAbilitySet_Slug extends X2Ability_ItemGrantedAbilitySet dependson(XComGameStateContext_Ability) config(GameCore);

static function X2AbilityTemplate BattleScanner()
{
	local X2AbilityTemplate             Template;
	local X2AbilityCost_ActionPoints    ActionPointCost;
	local X2AbilityCost_Ammo            AmmoCost;
	local X2AbilityTarget_Cursor        CursorTarget;
	local X2AbilityMultiTarget_Radius   RadiusMultiTarget;
	local X2Effect_PersistentSquadViewer    ViewerEffect;
	local X2Effect_ScanningProtocol     ScanningEffect;
	local X2Condition_UnitProperty      CivilianProperty;

`CREATE_X2ABILITY_TEMPLATE(Template, 'BattleScanner');

Template.IconImage = "img:///UILibrary_PerkIcons.UIPerk_item_battlescanner";
	Template.AbilitySourceName = 'eAbilitySource_Item';
	Template.eAbilityIconBehaviorHUD = eAbilityIconBehavior_AlwaysShow;
	Template.Hostility = eHostility_Neutral;
	Template.bDisplayInUITacticalText = false;
	Template.bHideWeaponDuringFire = true;
// vvvvv look...this right here should've been in the vanilla code vvvvv
	Template.ActivationSpeech = 'BattleScanner';  //add proper soundcue to trigger
//
//blah blah blah 50 more lines of various code
//
	return Template;
}
I only needed to add that single 'Template.ActivationSpeech' line to get the sound to fire properly for any and every voicepack that contains properly linked sound files. To do it, I had to extend and use a 75 line function instead of the single line '+foo' of an ini setting. Firaxis left the voice trigger out of this ability (and several others) in vanilla because they never bothered to record sounds for the firing of that ability. The cue exists and the trigger exists, but they didn't have sounds for it so nobody even thought to put a trigger into the ability. A mod friendly approach would've had it in there anyway, since triggers that call empty/missing sounds cause no errors. There's a lot of stuff like this in the game that I can fix or add functionality to, but it comes at a cost of breaking the mods of anybody who wishes to alter core functionality of any of the items/abilities that I touch.

All over a single needed line of extra code that realistically should have been in a 'mod friendly' game from release, in many cases. :psyduck:

So just confirming this, you CANNOT simply extend a class and add into the declaration what you wanted to add? Well this is super helpful. I've taken to reverse engineering other mods at this point just to see where I need to change things. Right now I'm trying to make a grenade launcher that fires grenades like a rocket and another that fires grenades like a blaster launcher. I've found the targetingdata class for each but it's a matter of figuring out how to make associated items modify the abilities so that they are appended to have the new targeting data. I've tried just making a copy of LaunchGrenade and changing the targetingdata to rocket, but it won't even let normal LaunchGrenade show up as a result. It's all kinds of not fun but hey, that's modding.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
The thing I hate about the protect the device missions is that the feel like you have less turns than the other ones. The other maps you got 8 turns to get to the device to hack it or destroy it while on these you have a lot less unless you just get an ADVENT trooper pod attacking it.

The device wouldn't been destroyed in 5 turns if I hadn't set up in a way that the enemy pods would trigger on their turn so they wouldn't get a shot at it.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

K, so here's what Im working on. It presumes we're a poo poo tier resistance group using hordes of angry but inexperienced and ill-equipped people versus the best security regime ever built. Human wave suicide bombing is expected and encouraged.

I have no idea how to mod, but at least now I know what I want to do :D And this is mostly just combining existing mods.

quote:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=633856430

Player tweaks - weapons
Ranger swords: 100% hit chance
Swords receive hunters instinct
Ammo as weapon upgrade, not utility (includes pistols)
Can equip energy shields
Any class any weapon
Added flamethrower weapon
beatdown skill
SMG mod applied

Player tweaks - grenades
Start with smoke and flash grenades
Grenade damage fall off
Grenade throwing tweaks
Grenades can be carried in multiple slots
Experimental grenades are permanent once researched

Character pool changes
Soldiers cost 5 instead of 25
Soldiers start with suicide vests
Soldiers start with AK-12s (4-6 damage)
Soldiers start with 1911 pistol
Soldiers start with AYY ISIS flag
Soldiers start with MGSV name style
Soldiers start with Exalt voice
Soldiers start with Resistance armor
Soldiers will start with random stats
Soldiers will promote with random stats
Soldiers will gain stats through use
Soldiers will lose stats through injuries
Soldiers gain 20% XP when not deployed
Soldiers can be rush promoted in exchange for supplies

Better upgrades/loot
Enemies can drop supplies, alloys, weapon mods and PCS
Timed loot +1
Weapon mods are improved:
    Laser Sight (+5/+10/+20) [Crit,]
    Scope (+5/+10/+20) [Aim]
    Expanded Mag (+1/+2/+4) [Clip Size]
    Hair Trigger (+5/+10/+20) [Free Action Chance]
    Autoloader (+1/+2/+4) [Free Reloads per Mission]
    Stock (+1/+2/+4) [Damage on Missed Shots]
    Repeater (+5/+10/+20) [Instant Kill Chance]

Base changes
Engineer2scientist
More squadsize upgrades
Proving grounds - armed to the teeth
proving grouns can have another engineer
Makes Advent facilities be built more frequently and generate more 'Doom points'
Advent fortress (passive points) generate none.
slower research, faster building

Utility
Random nickname button
expanded nicknames
Evac All
Overwatch All
Unlocked all character customization
Ingame clock
Upgrade Reminder
Upcoming events in hours
skills can be seen in selection screen
mission time remaining
restart mission
stop wasting my time
strip primary weapons
show all perks

Gameplay
Combat starts concealed, will reveal all at once
At reveal, all pods will activate
After two turns of noncombat, will re-enter concealment
Will exit concealment on an individual level
Soldiers will not receive hidden aim bonus
hunkering puts out fires
additional map parcels

Bugfixes
Smoke grenade bugfix
Hazmat vest protects v acid
haywire bugfix for turrets
Fire fix

Individual AI tweaks
Advent will support/defend, stay further away
Advent troops receive more hp/armor/crit/damage

Advent officer:
Advent will shoot/flank before marking
Call reinforcements 1/mission if outnumbered
Will treat beacons as normal soldiers

Advent MEC:

New Advent Classes:
[list]Advent Sniper
Advent Psi Operative
Advent Scout

Stunlancers:
If cant reach you, will throw grenades

Turrets will have more armor, damage, and enter overwatch more often

Sectoids:
Mindspin + mind control preferenced

Chrysalids have more armor, damage, crit and hit
Chrysalis cocoons can deploy in pods
Chrysalids deploy much earlier and have higher spawn rates

Beserkers spawn earlier and have more armor

Sectopod given more armor, hp, hack resist etc

Muton Centurion applied

Archons get more missiles, hp, and dodge

Andromedons, Codexes, Gatekeepers

General AI tweaks
Additional Dark Events
Alien range bonuses
Pods set to 5
No max contact
AI will still patrol when revealed
AI will try to regroup with other squads
AI will entrench v overwatch
AI will value full cover
AI will take cover at further distance when surprised
AI will consider grenades against single targets

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
What I discovered from beating my Commander Campaign was that Ruptured opponents take the +3 damage on missed shot Stock damage as well. Knocked out the second of three with a 6-damage miss.

Not something reliably available until later in the game, but Rupture is available as an AWC perk, which was a fortunate discovery.

40 Proof Listerine fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 27, 2016

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

Huh. I had a turret hit my specialist twice during what appeared to be the same turn. First the turret fires at him behind high cover and crits. He's shaken, and something causes him to panic (can just getting hit do that? I could be misremembering, there was a sectoid nearby). Immediately after the "panicked" popup the camera pans back to the turret, which now goes into overwatch, followed by the specialist running out of cover, triggering the turret and getting killed. During all of this my controls are locked.

Is this something that happens? Turrets can't fire and overwatch on the same turn, right? I'm thinking I ran into a bug, possibly with Stop Wasting My Time, but maybe I'm missing something.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Turrets can fire twice! It's a special ability of theirs. That interaction is still hella weird, though.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

What's a good mod for increasing enemy pod sizes to go with the mod that adds 2 extra squad size upgrades (so you get to 8 eventually)?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I die a little inside every time a pod separates such that I can only hit one enemy with a grenade.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

SynthOrange posted:

At least I'm getting faster at this.

Please make Frank's mask from Donnie Darko.

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

Turrets can fire twice! It's a special ability of theirs. That interaction is still hella weird, though.

Oh, that'll do it. I wonder how I didn't notice that before. :raise:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

What's a good mod for increasing enemy pod sizes to go with the mod that adds 2 extra squad size upgrades (so you get to 8 eventually)?

Increased Enemy Squad Size
or
[IESS+] Increased Enemy Squad Size Plus

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

ZuljinRaynor posted:

The thing I hate about the protect the device missions is that the feel like you have less turns than the other ones. The other maps you got 8 turns to get to the device to hack it or destroy it while on these you have a lot less unless you just get an ADVENT trooper pod attacking it.

The device wouldn't been destroyed in 5 turns if I hadn't set up in a way that the enemy pods would trigger on their turn so they wouldn't get a shot at it.

Those are kind of balanced by the fact that they're really easy at the start when enemies are doing like 3-4 damage per turn, and get way harder in the lategame when they're doing like 9 damage per turn.

EvilSlug
Dec 5, 2004
Not crazy, just evil.

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I'm having an issue where I have more abilities that need icons on the battle screen than I'm actually getting. I've got mods that add some buttons (Steady Aim, Beatdown, etc), and sometimes that means buttons that would normally on the right just don't show up. Is there a way I can change a number and have more possible buttons?
Ability Buttons are one of the things that are hardcoded. You're currently limited to 15 per soldier unless that one dude can get his replacement UI mod thingie to work.

FraudulentEconomics posted:

So just confirming this, you CANNOT simply extend a class and add into the declaration what you wanted to add? Well this is super helpful. I've taken to reverse engineering other mods at this point just to see where I need to change things. Right now I'm trying to make a grenade launcher that fires grenades like a rocket and another that fires grenades like a blaster launcher. I've found the targetingdata class for each but it's a matter of figuring out how to make associated items modify the abilities so that they are appended to have the new targeting data. I've tried just making a copy of LaunchGrenade and changing the targetingdata to rocket, but it won't even let normal LaunchGrenade show up as a result. It's all kinds of not fun but hey, that's modding.
This depends. Are you trying to add a "whole new thing" to an existing class or are you trying to change the "default, ingame thing" that class defines? For example, modding in a new Assault Rifle called "Donglauncher". If you create a new template based on the existing Assault Rifle and title your new template "Donglauncher", that can be done via extension without wrecking the base class or needing anything but proper references/dependencies and the code you want to execute. If you instead wish to change the name of the default Assault Rifle to "Donglauncher", I cannot find a way to do such things without throwing the entire associated function into my file and overwriting it.

Until I can get it to work differently, that is what I understand. Please do prove me wrong so I can do it in a more efficient manner. If you look at the example in my earlier post, consider that you would only need this for an equivalent INI change:

[trigger.whatever]
+Template.ActivationSpeech = 'BattleScanner';

The code I needed to implement the default ability change was more like 75 lines. If you're altering a class function that doesn't have externalized variables, you seem to need to include the whole function or it will fail to compile. Using the ExampleClassOverride in the SDK, he only altered two functions and added a single variable to a big file. The rest of that file should theoretically be just fine (testing this for certain later tonight). But say you made a mod that also altered those same two functions he changed...or simply changed what variable was called. *Poof* goes one of the two mods. By the way, an added bonus effect of just altering one function in a class appears to be a giant redscreen barf consisting of notifications that you somehow have 4 copies of the other various functions in that class. No idea at all what causes that, but it doesn't break anything. I'm still looking into all of this, obviously.

ED: Also, in reference to your grenade launcher problem...make sure you don't have anything named the same when you're duplicating a function and make sure the skills/abilities you wish to associate with it are capable of doing so. You can't just slap the ability "Fire Rocket" onto a different weapon type if some or all of that weapon's stuff conflicts with all the pre-existing calls and logic for the ability. You *can* add a new "Fire RocketZ" skill that you associate strictly with your new gun, though. Will be a lot of work, regardless. Not sure if you'll get things to work properly with animations that aren't designed around em', but you can try. If you haven't already, check out the mod in the SDK on adding a weapon. Cheers.

EvilSlug fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 28, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Actually, know what I really really want? Mod profiles. My girlfriend and I have very different preferences in our mods, and scrolling through 200 mods to get the correct build takes forever.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is there a reason the geoscape won't stop scrolling left now? It's kind of annoying.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Do you have a controller plugged in that isn't perfectly calibrated? My xbox360 controller pulls ever so slightly to the left, and it does that in xcom2.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I think I've come to realize that Rangers are by far my favorite and most useful class.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
a

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 31, 2022

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Has anyone else run into a bug on those "Extract the traitor VIP" missions?

I just had one where I knocked the VIP out, picked him up, and extracted him at the specified point with plenty of time left. Yet the objective turned red (I think when I picked him up?) and Bradford gave me his "Can't get intel from a dead VIP hurrrrr" speech.

I'm 100% sure the VIP wasn't dead, I used the correct knockout action on him, and the soldier who carried him never took any fire or did anything weird.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
There is a bug where if a unit is knocked unconscious next to a car and is then carried clear, if the car explodes they'll still receive the damage from it no matter where they are. Whenever you're pulling a VIP away from a car, you want to try and pull the fighting away from that car because it can't get a single scratch on it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

You can fix it by carrying the VIP away, put him down, then pick him again and the car explosion won't kill them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Away all Goats posted:

You can fix it by carrying the VIP away, put him down, then pick him again and the car explosion won't kill them.

I didn't realise putting them down did a reset, makes sense. Although it wouldn't of helped when I first ran into it, as the turn I moved from the car was just a when it blew up, I felt absolutely robbed when I got a failure on capturing him after taking a bunch of risks to drag the VIP from the fire.