Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Karera is the final boss because she's Kars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Karera is 100% busting the boys out of this situation.
Vitamin C probably has some sort of ridiculously fatal flaw that Soft and Wet is going to straight up murder.

Speaking of, Josefumi's stand is just regular S&W design wise. Soft and Wet is probably the most fluid design in Araki's history. It changes more often than any other stand. For all the talk of the lines representing how Josuke is two people, it's honestly probably something Araki never considered and can't find a sweet spot for him. Even in his intro panel, he has design elements he loses on the next page.

It's always cool as gently caress though. I'm going to go through all of JJL and collect all variations of it to show one day.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Bad Seafood posted:

The supreme one always delegates.

Exactly. Damo is maybe 2nd in command. He's not the big bad.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Karera is 100% busting the boys out of this situation.
Yeah, I hope that this is how it plays out.

quote:

Josefumi's stand is just regular S&W design wise. Soft and Wet is probably the most fluid design in Araki's history. It changes more often than any other stand.
This is saying a lot, because Araki's pretty inconsistent with stands in earlier parts. (Just try, e.g., to look up reference panels for Stone Free, or to determine what kind of gear Star Platinum usually has on its arms in a part--it's just never been really thematically relevant before.)

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Um, aren't they close enough to where we found Kira's body to think the next segment would be their deaths and merging? I think next chapter's going to be brutal for them

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Karera was spying on them from the docks, and in the present, she thought that Josefumi was laying low before she met up with Gappy. So unless that's a dropped detail or she thought he faked his death or they're out of sight, it seems like they'll get out of this jam only to die shortly thereafter.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
While Damo is cool and his stand owns I'd like to remind everyone that the main antagonist has already been shown and I won't hear otherwise. :colbert:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Um, aren't they close enough to where we found Kira's body to think the next segment would be their deaths and merging? I think next chapter's going to be brutal for them

Amaryllis posted:

Karera was spying on them from the docks, and in the present, she thought that Josefumi was laying low before she met up with Gappy. So unless that's a dropped detail or she thought he faked his death or they're out of sight, it seems like they'll get out of this jam only to die shortly thereafter.

I think Amaryllis is right. She's watching them and she's going to see that there's something happening. Araki might drop it but I think that she's going to get them out of the situation with Damo only to have things go to poo poo promptly thereafter, and I think that we might see the main antagonist when that does happen. I think that's who finally does them in.

It makes Gappy's interaction with her kinda funny, really, when you think about the possibility of that happening. Say she steps in and saves their asses and he disappears off the face of the earth only to pop up again, not acknowledge it, and also be like "by the way, no dice when it comes to getting with this."

Cinroth posted:

While Damo is cool and his stand owns I'd like to remind everyone that the main antagonist has already been shown and I won't hear otherwise. :colbert:

Hahah, I believe it (since that ties in with what I was just saying) but I wonder what they'll look like now that Araki will have forgotten having drawn that. :devil:

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Feb 28, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Cinroth posted:

"got a new plot thread, who dis" - araki

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I just reread Jojolion and I completely forgot about that :laffo:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I, Okuyasu Nijimura, am announcing my intent to marry this man

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Cinroth posted:

He's about as hot as Valentine. It checks out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, this chapter was so cool, it really made me want to know what happens next super hard. Though I think this is the first time i'm stumped with a stand, what did Josefumi's S&W do so he wouldn't be noticed doing his shenanigans on the branches?

Also: artificially creating demand for a simple consumer product is an amazing tactic, I these two.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

MelvinBison posted:

He's about as hot as Valentine. It checks out.
lol if you think this greasy haired motherfucker is as hot as Buff Valentine

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I, Okuyasu Nijimura, am announcing my intent to marry this man

Josefumi is a cutie and knowing how he ends up makes Kaera's relationship with him real sad.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Moltrey posted:

Josefumi is a cutie and knowing how he ends up makes Kaera's relationship with him real sad.

It's also going to break my heart when Gappy dies at the end. Araki: the sort of son of a bitch who is so cold he'd actually make a main character basically die more than once, really.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Gappy will split back into Kira and Josefumi and then they'll both die in the last chapter.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Let's be reasonable here: we all know Yasuho's going to die, not Gappy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Amaryllis posted:

Let's be reasonable here: we all know Yasuho's going to die, not Gappy.

Okuyasu didn't die, there's hope Yasuho will survive. ...right? :smith:

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Man, this chapter was so cool, it really made me want to know what happens next super hard. Though I think this is the first time i'm stumped with a stand, what did Josefumi's S&W do so he wouldn't be noticed doing his shenanigans on the branches?

Also: artificially creating demand for a simple consumer product is an amazing tactic, I these two.

I'm not sure on this either. I think he hid some bubbles in the eyedrops, which covered the corner of the guy's eye to block his peripheral vision?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yeah, I think that's more or less what happened. I think it's weird that he didn't notice someone jostling around with the tree's case, though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Okuyasu didn't die, there's hope Yasuho will survive. ...right? :smith:
Part 4 was too cool and chill for anyone to die during the main story (RIP Reimi), so let's hope Part 8 Morioh works the same way.....

but if anyone dies in Part 8, it is totally going to be Yasuho. She's smart, cool, competent and her Stand is a drat wish maker that has a loving sick design.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Cicadalek posted:

I'm not sure on this either. I think he hid some bubbles in the eyedrops, which covered the corner of the guy's eye to block his peripheral vision?

That was what I thought, too?

Another thing that's really upsetting me is that these two are toast now and I would love to have seen Kira n Josefumi Pullin Sick rear end Pranks for a while.

Moltrey posted:

Part 4 was too cool and chill for anyone to die during the main story (RIP Reimi), so let's hope Part 8 Morioh works the same way.....

but if anyone dies in Part 8, it is totally going to be Yasuho. She's smart, cool, competent and her Stand is a drat wish maker that has a loving sick design.

Yasuho has to live. She has to

e: I keep thinking back to the idea that they die really soon thereafter though and I'm realizing that I need to re-read the early parts yet again and look for a map because I'm thinking about something

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 28, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Another thing that's really upsetting me is that these two are toast now and I would love to have seen Kira n Josefumi Pullin Sick rear end Pranks for a while.

well, i guess they technically still are :unsmith:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

well, i guess they technically still are :unsmith:

There's still not really enough of Josefumi on the page to do what I've long wanted to do, which is go through and say "this is a Kira thing" "this is a Josefumi thing"

Yoshikage: "I Won Completely"
Josefumi: Incapable of eating Dango Balls properly

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Moltrey posted:

:rip: Fatty, Cinderella.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Bad Seafood posted:

:rip: Fatty, Cinderella.
I was totally only thinking about the main dudes and somehow forgot the two other ally characters who got loving violently exploded....whoops....

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're not near the walleyes, are pointedly staying away from the walleyes, Karera isn't really acquainted with Josefumi or Kira enough to have such an outward dislike of him. They're surviving this and we'll probably see them palling around a little before they do die.

That being said, seems to me why Holly is so hosed up now is because she eats one of Kira's Rokakaka and then the equivalent exchange, which happens in the head, probably steals chunks of her brain for fixing her dementia. Karera said Kira still had a Rokakaka at his place.

Josuke probably got dug up where Josefumi hid the Rokakaka plant in the shifting outcroppings after the Earthquake, and I suppose they both die going out to check on something there.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I hosed this up so bad , I did not know how else to convey the joke and I'm pressed for time

If anyone finds it funny you can remake it not poo poo

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Perfection

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I know we're poking fun at that scene right now but I legit felt bad when Holly failed to recognize her own son the next page over. :smith:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Bad Seafood posted:

I know we're poking fun at that scene right now but I legit felt bad when Holly failed to recognize her own son the next page over. :smith:

Yeah. :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I mentioned it when it came up, but this CONFIRMS that Araki has read Little Jolyne in Morioh and its sequel, obviously.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That being said, seems to me why Holly is so hosed up now is because she eats one of Kira's Rokakaka and then the equivalent exchange, which happens in the head, probably steals chunks of her brain for fixing her dementia.

I dunno, the fruit doesn't seem to be a dick about the equivalent exchange and loving up the thing you're trying to fix, so I'm not sure Holly got a chance to eat the fruit yet.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Wow. Flashback got my hyped. :dance: Flashback and Vitamin C torture in parallel is really cool. I'm still not buying that Damo is our big villain, although it would be both entertaining and hilarious considering what JoJo big bads usually get up to... That role seems to go to Joubin. But I sure hope he sticks around.

Looking forward to seeing Karera punk Damo in the past, and Hato punk Damo in the present. Somehow!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

i still love that rich guy that only wanted to gently caress his wife and they thought it was so glorious that they weren't bothered by his eyes falling out of his skull

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Bad Seafood posted:

Yeah, a lot of Holly's scenes hit a very Real note for me personally that JoJo really hasn't before.

I know it's hard Yoshikage, but please, love your momma

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kira loves his mom more than anything, he's definitely the nice half of Gappo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
JoJo part 8: Alzheimers is Unbreakable.

No but really, it's quite depressing tho. I dunno if I buy Damo being the big bad, but he's definitely a relevant dude in the Rokakaka cartel and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Are josefumi and kira related somehow?

IIRC josefumi has the star birthmark, but in this universe josefumi is a kujo and the kujos never married the joestars so...