Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They're showing off Pokken but will probably wrap up shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

It feels like they made Starmie extra hard in Yellow too for some reason as another gently caress you. At least in the remakes they gave Charmander Steel Claw or something.

Starmie is hard in Yellow cause it's Special is super high (this was before the split remember) so Pikachu couldn't actually do anything to it with STAB attacks

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Pokken's over if you want to tune in.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's all stuff we've seen before. I was hopeful for a Pokemon Go release date for a moment.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
"we're going to leave you with a very exciting video, pokemon sun and moon!!!"

oh!!!!!

(it's the exact same video from yesterday)

oh......

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Oh well, we'll get starters, box legendaries, and PCs in March's Corocoro I bet. Not too bad a wait.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
gently caress corocoro!!! it's 2016, this monopoly on pokemon information cannot be allowed to stand

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Pokemon yellow is a harder game since they fixed some of the movesets to the later trainers. Giovanni is no longer free exp for your water/grass type, for instance. And Lance won't sit there and take infinite hits from your level 5 poison/fighting type.

Blue Wher
Apr 27, 2010

The Smart Baseball Dargon Sez:

"Baseball is chaos!"

His bat is signed by Carl "Yaz" Yastrzemski
They're playing the first Pokemon movie on twitchwatchespokemon, if you want nostalgia

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I haven't seen the first movie since it came out. I'm kinda getting caught in my feelings watching it now :unsmith:

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

hopeandjoy posted:

Oh well, we'll get starters, box legendaries, and PCs in March's Corocoro I bet. Not too bad a wait.

For Sun and Moon?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I forgot how much I loved team rocket, and this show over all haha

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Blue Wher posted:

They're playing the first Pokemon movie on twitchwatchespokemon, if you want nostalgia

i don't want to cry tonight

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Blue Wher posted:

When the movie came out, I got bad grades because school was stupid and boring and homework is bullshit, so my mom wouldn't let me go see it. Saw it eventually way later. Never did get that mew card :qq:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Truth me told, Pokken is what I thought Pokemon Stadium 1 would be when I first saw it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Macaluso posted:

Never did get that mew card :qq:

we went to see it but they didn't ship mew cards to our third world state :smith:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Brooother

My brooooother

Blue Wher
Apr 27, 2010

"Baseball is chaos!"

mandatory lesbian posted:

i don't want to cry tonight

Yeah I forgot about the feels. poo poo. You would think it'd be easier as an adult.

Also shoutouts to the other person in this thread whose SA name is a Pern reference

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Blue Wher posted:

Also shoutouts to the other person in this thread whose SA name is a Pern reference

the only reason i know what you're talking about is that i dated a chick who was super into that series. sorry man, it's got nothing to do with it :v:

Blue Wher
Apr 27, 2010

"Baseball is chaos!"

The White Dragon posted:

the only reason i know what you're talking about is that i dated a chick who was super into that series. sorry man, it's got nothing to do with it :v:

Haha, poo poo, gg

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Oh my god I forgot about the loving Magikarp submarine ahahaha

Blue Wher
Apr 27, 2010

"Baseball is chaos!"

Predictably, Twitch chat is spamming "Luigi"

e: well, switching between "Luigi" and "Karp"

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
More of a curiosity than anything else: The man standing outside of the Celadon City gym still says "It's full of women!" instead of "It's full of strong trainers!" like in the remakes.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Zonekeeper posted:

Also note that the nidoran lines got low kick at lv43 in RB, and only got it at lv12 in Yellow. Also Mankeys don't appear in Rt 22 in RB.

So all you RB players don't need to waste your time hunting for those in preparation for Brock.

Ahh, yeah in that case just grind up Charmander (Ember still hits hard enough since they don't have Rock Throw) or catch a Butterfree to use Confusion.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Is Bank compatible with the 3DS versions of r/b/y right now? Or is that support coming later?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Brick Shipment posted:

Is Bank compatible with the 3DS versions of r/b/y right now? Or is that support coming later?

Support is coming later. Sounds more like there's going to be a generation split requiring an update.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dehry posted:

More of a curiosity than anything else: The man standing outside of the Celadon City gym still says "It's full of women!" instead of "It's full of strong trainers!" like in the remakes.

i'm a rambling gambling man is back i hope

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Macaluso posted:

When the movie came out, I got bad grades because school was stupid and boring and homework is bullshit, so my mom wouldn't let me go see it. Saw it eventually way later. Never did get that mew card :qq:

I went to see that movie at like 17? With 2 friends from high school. We got the card and as we left some little kid tried to guilt trip one of my buddies into giving him his card. He claimed his dad was in the hospital and sick, to which my buddy honestly told the kid, yeah, I know how that feels, my dad is bed ridden at home for the past couple of years with terminal cancer. Still was sad to me to hear him talk about it but the kids reaction was golden. He just looked at him with the 'oh... Um, sorry' look and ran off.

Just moved to our new house and when I was packing my stuff, I found that card. Still have it!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dehry posted:

Probably because an old dude pressed against the window outside a gym panting about women came off as bit uncomfortable. I'm not sure if they did that edit in Japanese version or not. Hm...

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I just realized they mapped X to Start for the gen 1 games, so your muscle memory still works to open the menu

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Flopsy posted:

Probably because an old dude pressed against the window outside a gym panting about women came off as bit uncomfortable. I'm not sure if they did that edit in Japanese version or not. Hm...

But it's STILL in there is what they're saying

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Lt. Surge the "Lightning American" confirms that the game takes place on our earth.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mabels big day posted:

I just realized they mapped X to Start for the gen 1 games, so your muscle memory still works to open the menu

yeah i'll never be able to break the habit of pressing X on my gameboy

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sometimes i'll be using my phone and i'll go for the X button, like you might on a gameboy, and i'll think "gah !! the gameboy X !!"

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

....i can't believe i'm being trolled in this thread

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

how the hell you supposed to beat brock with a goddamn pikachu

Get up to level 13 have quick attack, tail whip and about 6 potions. The Geodude is more likely to knock you out then Onix since Onix will waste most of its time using bide

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I happily watched the first three movies but 4ever is where I hit the wall. It's so boring

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

as a matter of fact, it's a bit weird that the new games don't let you use start for the menu.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

But it's STILL in there is what they're saying

Oh! Sorry misread it. Huh, I guess they really did go old school for this. Nintendo don't take nostalgia lightly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

that ivy guy posted:

as a matter of fact, it's a bit weird that the new games don't let you use start for the menu.

Isn't there an option to re-enable that?

• Locked thread