Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
I doubt Jinbei will join the crew until we can see Zoro and Sanji are stronger than him. I'd bet that's after Sanji does something badass with the Big Mom and Vinsmoke situation and Zoro does something badass with Wano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

AshB posted:

I'd bet that's after Sanji does something badass with the Big Mom and Vinsmoke situation and Zoro does something badass with Wano.

And then they can fight about it later.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

AshB posted:

I doubt Jinbei will join the crew until we can see Zoro and Sanji are stronger than him. I'd bet that's after Sanji does something badass with the Big Mom and Vinsmoke situation and Zoro does something badass with Wano.

When will Usopp do something badass with the giants?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kild posted:

actually thats naruto

Disagree

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

Sinners Sandwich posted:

The most dramatic revelation in this chapter was that Jack is still alive. Was seriously on my knees hyperventilating
Must not be a true One Piece fan, because I screamed so loud blood came out of my tear ducts.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
That said I think Jack has the highest ratio for Appearances-to-Closeup-of-Angry-Glaring-Eye.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It did come at the very start of the chapter, which is comic-speak for 'we know this isn't a surprise, so let's just get it out the way so we can move on to something more interesting'.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Pureauthor posted:

That said I think Jack has the highest ratio for Appearances-to-Closeup-of-Angry-Glaring-Eye.

I like how he tore the tiny newspaper in his giant hands in half.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I like how he has a couple casual chest bandages after fighting on Zou for a week straight then immediately heading out to cut off a couple warships containing the former Fleet Admiral, an Admiral, and a reasonably strong Vice Admiral. That would be impressive for a Yonkou to do. This guy is a loving monster. Really hammers home why Doflamingo was afraid of even upsetting Kaidou. This poo poo is getting real.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i was kind of hoping to see Fujitora just drop meteors either side of the boat to sink it to show off how ridiculous he really is and how his devil fruit, like whitebeards, is an automatic win while at sea

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Agree with this disagree. Naruto at least had several good arcs before it turned to poo poo.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

readingatwork posted:

Agree with this disagree. Naruto at least had several good arcs before it turned to poo poo.

I always thought that the "saving Rukia" SS arc was great and pretty much peak Shonen. On the other side, Bleach became utter poo poo the second that arc ended so...

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I have all the good volumes of Bleach on my shelf and it's a very solid manga until Vegeta and Nappa show up in volume 7

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

I always thought that the "saving Rukia" SS arc was great and pretty much peak Shonen. On the other side, Bleach became utter poo poo the second that arc ended so...

Naruto was basically poo poo after the timeskip which is about the same amount of chapters. Plus it didn't start getting bad until the middle of HM.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
naruto was Ok whenever sauske was gone. but kishimoto's real problem is that he had a bad case of dragonballZ syndrome where everything has to keep escalating in danger and power only instead of simple beams he decided to do a series with a lot of complex abilities.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Advice posted:

I like how he has a couple casual chest bandages after fighting on Zou for a week straight then immediately heading out to cut off a couple warships containing the former Fleet Admiral, an Admiral, and a reasonably strong Vice Admiral. That would be impressive for a Yonkou to do. This guy is a loving monster. Really hammers home why Doflamingo was afraid of even upsetting Kaidou. This poo poo is getting real.

Yeah but Jack isn't even a Yonkou yet, that's the scary part. Well we got a taste of a Yonkou's power when Whiteboard took on the Marines, that was already crazy.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kild posted:

Naruto was basically poo poo after the timeskip which is about the same amount of chapters. Plus it didn't start getting bad until the middle of HM.

There was like a full year of chapters between the end of Soul Society and Orihime being kidnapped. The only relevant thing was some training for ichigo and The Bald guy getting his Bankai. (and I guess the reveal about Ichigo's Dad, but I don't like how they handled it.)

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'd like for Jack to run into Jinbei on his way back to Zou because I want this again but with a bigger dude

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'd like for Jack to run into Jinbei on his way back to Zou because I want this again but with a bigger dude

I wanna see more Fishman Karate!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Jimbei has a connection to Big Mom, so I imagine we'll get him teaming up with Luffy again when he crashes the wedding.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I just want Jinbei to be at the wedding saying to his crew "after this wedding Big Mom will be in a good mood so I can ask if we can leave her crew and I can go join my good friend Luffy so hopefully nothing happens that puts her in a bad mood"

Cue Luffy entering in a way that destroys all the wedding sweets or something.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

IceBorg posted:

I just want Jinbei to be at the wedding saying to his crew "after this wedding Big Mom will be in a good mood so I can ask if we can leave her crew and I can go join my good friend Luffy so hopefully nothing happens that puts her in a bad mood"

Cue Luffy entering in a way that destroys all the wedding sweets or something.

I thought the Jinbei cover arc was about him already getting out from Big Mom and heading off to join up with the Straw Hats. Jinbei is probably going to be part of the wedding crashing group though. Zoro, Robin, Nami and Franky all are tied to either the Sunny or Wano so they're not going. Chopper and Usopp could be in either group. Brooke has some sort of knowledge/ties to the Vimsmoke family so he's wedding crashing.

My guess is that Luffy, Brooke, and maybe Chopper are joined by Jinbei en route or before they leave Zou.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I thought it was Jimbei going the other way back to East Blue to "do something" before catching up with the straw hats again, I presumed it was meet up with the rebels

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

delusional nerds posted:

jinbe just went out for a pack of cigarettes and said he'd be back soon

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I expect the people that went to zou with sanji to go with luffy to the wedding and the people that stayed to fight on dressrosa to head to wano with zoro and the heart pirates

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The next crew member is clearly gonna be that ninja, not Jinbei

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I expect the people that went to zou with sanji to go with luffy to the wedding and the people that stayed to fight on dressrosa to head to wano with zoro and the heart pirates

I hope the crew doesn't split up again

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

dazoner posted:

I hope the crew doesn't split up again

If they do split up, I hope we check in on the party Luffy isn't with from time to time. The way they came into Zou not knowing what was going on worked out, but I'm not sure it's something easily repeated. Plus, it was weird not seeing so much of the cast for so long.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I don't mind them splitting up so long as both sides get screentime. like this latest split led to sanji getting his first good scenes in a long time. that was the problem with when kuma split them all up. tho I expect all of thcrew's solo adventures to be revisited in more depth at some point

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

👏 jinbei 👏 is 👏 already 👏 a 👏 strawhat 👏

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Can't wait for Kunochi Nami

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Can't wait for Kunochi Nami

Pirate Warriors 2 already has you covered.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

PeaceDiner posted:

Pirate Warriors 2 already has you covered.

Or largely uncovered, if you're Nami.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

oddium posted:

👏 jinbei 👏 is 👏 already 👏 a 👏 strawhat 👏

Yeah, just like Vivi!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Karoo for next strawhat

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

chopper's next transformation is karoo with antlers

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Star Platinum posted:

Yeah, just like Vivi!

The situation with Jinbei isn't anything like that though? He already said he would join. If people were saying Momosuke was going join or something like that maybe you would have a point.

Jinbei isn't technically a member yet, but there's no way it won't happen.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't wait till Luffy goes to Big Mom's place and finds Jimbei tied up in her prison or whatever.

"This happens to you a lot, huh."
"People don't like it when I leave."

Jimbei even got chained up during the Fishman Island arc, guess he has a tendency do get himself in sticky chainy situations.

Okay I know that pun doesn't work but the important thing is that I tried.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I can't wait till Luffy goes to Big Mom's place and finds Jimbei tied up in her prison or whatever.

"This happens to you a lot, huh."
"People don't like it when I leave."

Jimbei even got chained up during the Fishman Island arc, guess he has a tendency do get himself in sticky chainy situations.

Okay I know that pun doesn't work but the important thing is that I tried.

He has a tendency to get tied up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Read the last few chapters, weird that Zou owes allegiance to a mere daimyo of an isolationist country