Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

Hopefully mine won't be a moneypit. At the very least it should be easier and cheaper to find parts for it than it was for my FB.

If is a 5sfe then it shouldnt be! It is harder to get parts these days although most bits are still available from toyota and plenty other places. Is it completely stock?

FAILURE posted:

Graham Hill Bend aka Turn 3 - Brands Hatch?

Close, surtees into mclaren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I'm pretty sure the Porsche DLC will be the March DLC pack, whether it comes out this Tuesday or some other Tuesday in the month. They'll want people to spend their monies on that sweet $20 pack.

The final 'regular' DLC will be in April.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
diff chat:

what settings do you guys tend to run? I'm finding much better success keeping accel and deccel in the 70-80% range

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
60/10 rwd, 40/10 fwd, both for awd on most cars as a base, then I tweak from there.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

GutBomb posted:

60/10 rwd, 40/10 fwd, both for awd on most cars as a base, then I tweak from there.

Why do you go for such a split?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Except for the bump at the start, I wish every race was as intense as the first three laps of this Prague race. The guy into whom I was bumped at the start, sperg messaged me after the race :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z1vxddUv7c
if you want a musical accompaniment

Cubey posted:

I have never played any racing game online in all my years that was anywhere even approaching the level of how bad Forza 6's online community is.

Turn 10 wanted mass appeal and got it. What do you expect for a company under Microsoft's wing? I just bought Forza 4 - mainly for the tracks everyone mentions were awesome, but have yet to play it.

https://gfycat.com/WindingSilverCoypu (I don't know how to embed gfys but apparently we can :???:

Endurance League isn't much better - it might interest you since at least you have double the laps to wait out the clusterfuck and make up ground. On quite a few races, I can start slow, watch the turn 1 wreck happen and take advantage and get top 3, and on a few occasions win.

Youtube also let's me publicly shame bad drivers since I can't do that on the forza forums. These are from mainly the endurance league which runs half as many races, but I still have tons of wrecks. I wish we could save double or triple the amount of video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGW5eM9kC_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZreUu1qE3-M

holocaust bloopers posted:

diff chat:

what settings do you guys tend to run? I'm finding much better success keeping accel and deccel in the 70-80% range

I know not much about differentials, just that these as a base work for me.

RWD - 60 / 25
AWD - front: 35 / 0 | rear: 60 / 25
Bias - 65-70

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
So, the most intensive part of my consulting gig should be out of the way now and I actually have time to surface to air - do we wanna get a time trial challenge going again? Last one I remember was the Chapparal but I never got around to setting a time for it.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Any higher on the accel and it's a lot harder for me to straighten up with the throttle on corners where I slide the back around. It just makes it easier to handle the oversteer of rwd or understeer of fwd.

It's most likely to do with my specific style of driving. It works for me.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

geeves posted:

(I don't know how to embed gfys but apparently we can :???:

Put the actual .webm link in url tags and it'll work. Not that one though, because it's huge

e: it doesn't show up in preview but it does work in the live post

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

geeves posted:

I just bought Forza 4 - mainly for the tracks everyone mentions were awesome, but have yet to play it.

If you're ever down to do some online Forza 4 let me know. The hoppers in that game were rad as gently caress, especially their multiclass A, B, C and S hopper which was the chillest place ever and nobody ever used leaderboard cars there.

e: after an hour doing the Rivals event, I couldn't even beat my own personal best let alone Triton's. Guess no Aston for me :negative:

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Feb 29, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I never knew about the mod you get for affinity 25 of a manufacturer. :eyepop:

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

I said come in! posted:

I never knew about the mod you get for affinity 25 of a manufacturer. :eyepop:

You can't sell them, so they clog up your Mod inventory. It's bullshit.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Anything new on tomorrow? There's suppose to be a DLC pack tomorrow but T10 is still quiet. :/

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if nothing came out tomorrow. The 'March 1st' date only came out in the Amazon leak. T10 has said nothing. The Porsche DLC will definitely come out this month, though (seeing as tomorrow is the first Tuesday of the month and they haven't done DLC clues for a standard 7-car pack).

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I hope all the Forza coming to PC rumblings aren't bullshit.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Norns posted:

I hope all the Forza coming to PC rumblings aren't bullshit.

I've been hearing rumors about that happening since Forza 3. It'd be cool, but don't get your hopes up.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Cubey posted:

I've been hearing rumors about that happening since Forza 3. It'd be cool, but don't get your hopes up.

It's more likely than ever with Gears of War happening. These rumors going around now are far more substantial than in years past.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

I think some of you will be pleasantly surprised.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

L_Harrison posted:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if nothing came out tomorrow. The 'March 1st' date only came out in the Amazon leak. T10 has said nothing. The Porsche DLC will definitely come out this month, though (seeing as tomorrow is the first Tuesday of the month and they haven't done DLC clues for a standard 7-car pack).
I think in the past when the first Tuesday of a month fell on the 1st, it was skipped for the next Tuesday.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

drgitlin posted:

I think some of you will be pleasantly surprised.

IS IT PORSHE

ARE WE GETTING PORSCHE

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
is it a pontiac fiero :(

I really want one

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

is it a pontiac fiero :(

I really want one

I never even thought to look, but the Fiero isn't in Forza 6? What an odd exclusion. It's a piece of dogshit, but it's a lovable piece of dogshit.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
How about a 93 ford probe gt

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I want the 3rd generation eclipse back (and how about a roadgoing FC, a 95 corolla, and a 2000 Passat) so every car I've owned in real life I can also own in game. (The game has the fiesta st, NC miata, rx8, and gt86 so I'm well on my way)

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Here you go, 4k PC version of Forza: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/03/4k-free-to-play-forza-6-apex-leads-microsofts-latest-xbox-on-pc-push/

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?
Porsche Expansion drops today, finally I can start *really* playing this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE6ynmEnLFg

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
HAIL SATAN

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FAILURE posted:

Porsche Expansion drops today, finally I can start *really* playing this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE6ynmEnLFg

Turn-10 knows how to trigger me. Glad it really did drop today.

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?
I'm very excited, but disappointed in the car list. No GT4, no 991 RSR or 991.2 (or really any 991 at all), or really any non-turbo 911s, I suppose I'll be left to engine swaps on that one just as I was with the Rufs in Forza 5.

I'm wondering if this EA contract essentially gives Turn10 access to modern Porsches not covered by EA games, which would explain the inclusion of a 2015 Macan Turbo and the 919 Hybrid, neither of which really fit within what Need For Speed is going for.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ya the first car I went looking for was the GT4. Oh well.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I didn't see this in the article

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie56EKiA4jU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's a gimped rear end version of the game though with very limited content.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Cubey posted:

I never even thought to look, but the Fiero isn't in Forza 6? What an odd exclusion. It's a piece of dogshit, but it's a lovable piece of dogshit.

I've almost pulled the trigger on a Buick V6 swapped Fiero IRL

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I said come in! posted:

It's a gimped rear end version of the game though with very limited content.

The IGN thing I read made it sound like they're testing the waters and if it works they'd release Horizon 3 and Motorsport 7 on PC same day. Making it free is probably the only way they could get the hardcore sim racing crowd to even look at it as well.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Cool looks like I didn't have to hold my breath long for forza pc

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Fucks sake ms thanks for making me waste money on your lovely slow loud hot rear end console. I could be playing Forza on my beefy quiet artisanal gameing rig!

Also at least they have the 997 4.0 GT3 RS which is the swansong for the mezger engine, plus the 918 and 919!

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Apparently VIR is only available to those who buy the pack. It probably won't be in rotation in Leagues and Hoppers.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst58975_VIR-Available-to-all-or-just-Porsche-DLC-Exclusive--see-post-2.aspx (see post 2)

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
I was hoping to see the Porsche pack on Amazon since that's where the leak was before and wanted to try to get 20% off with Prime, but I'm not seeing it listed.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Is the Porsche pack on smart glass? I can't seem to find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Still can't buy it on Xbox, which is weird, this stuff is generally available very early in the morning.

• Locked thread