Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
Is it possible you stop getting them once you've found all word walls and been to all the radiant locations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginal cramps
Nov 17, 2003

Cantorsdust posted:

Can anyone tell me how to loot all with it? I can loot one at a time by pressing E and open the container menu normally with R, but I don't see a way to loot all. Also, the container menu doesn't come up when I would be stealing from a container.

Grab one of the auto loot mods. Frankly, I'm spoiled now and find it hard to play without them.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

hampig posted:

Is it possible you stop getting them once you've found all word walls and been to all the radiant locations?

Yeah, but that's definitely not what's happening here.

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
hey guys try this mod I just made (only if you have all DLC otherwise I dunno what will happen but probably nothing bad)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03119210300766151422

here are the changes from the readme

What this mod does: peak immersion by de-aimbotting all the enemies

1. Changes rotational acceleration rates of ALL enemy creatures so they cant track
the PC like an aimbot anymore as well as changes their melee cones to be smaller,
allowing you to dodge with something like tkDodge. They are still pretty accurate
if you are not dodging.

2. Changes rotational speeds of the Humanoid NPCs during weapon swings so they
are allowed only a small amount of movement while swinging a weapon, allowing
them to be dodged and countered with tkDodge or fancy footwork. These changes
apply to the player as well.

3. Changes Humanoid NPC movement speeds around a bit for both combat and
non-combat for immersion overdose. Blocking slows you down, sneaking is sneaky
slow, drawn melee weapons are a bit slower, walking is faster, running is
a bit slower and so is sprinting.

4. Beware this file also makes horses faster
due to me being lazy and not wanting to remove the values I merged in for myself.

edit: put anywhere in your load order - after other mods with npc/horse movement speed changes to use mine, or before to overwrite them. All other changes besides the speed ones will stick.

FARTSTAR fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Feb 27, 2016

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Accidentally did something and how ModOrganizer can't find Skyrim. Getting the "No game identified" error. I can go in there manually and use both the launcher and the .exe to start it. Any ideas?

Edit: Fixed.

Edit2: I'm having problems installing Perkus Maxiumus. I've found the videos, but they're using different versions.

Maera Sior fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 27, 2016

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I've been having the weirdest glitch lately. Grass renders in whatever outdoor area I load into, whether I'm loading a saved game or exiting an interior, and then when I get to the edge of that cell the grass just cuts off abruptly and won't show up anywhere else in the world, until I refresh it by saving/loading or going through a load door, and so on. It's super annoying. I'm tired of this bald terrain. It makes the world look really fake. I can't understand what's causing this. As far as I know, I haven't messed with anything grass-related recently.

Edit: I finally tracked this issue down to a rogue ini setting. In Skyrim.ini (not prefs) in the grass category there was some kind of line about how many cells to load. I don't remember adding that and I have no idea where it came from. I deleted it and it fixed the problem.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 27, 2016

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I've been stuck on "exporting patchusmaximus.esp" for 10 hours at 0%. Any idea what I need to change?

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
I've been playing heavily modified skyrim and would like to ask you goons some questions about stability.

For containers mods I use Arods and Quick Loot. I have a bunch of player chests in whiterun at the smith forge and I absolutely crash there especially if I use scripted inventory dumps. I have had almost no crashes opening boxes or using remote stash or remote stash per lists like Smithing Supplies.
If I start trying to configure smart loot lists in chests it's asking for death. Perhaps Arods does not like mod added items.

Inconsequential Npcs? Is this super buggy? I had TONS of crashes in Riverrun and Falkreath, it was so bad I started to think I could not handle jks city mods. On a lark from a forum post I have disabled Inconsequential and had zero repeatable crashes except regarding configuring Arods in busy cities.

SPERGY is amazing and I love it. Frostfell and RND is awesome except they start to be a PITA in colder areas where sometimes I feel they simply were not balanced. My guy is in full furs with a torch and 50% frost resist, I would appreciate being able to at least ride to Windhelm without freezing to death.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I was having a repeatable crash with Quick Loot and Dynamic Things. I don't think container scripts and Quick Loot get along.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

Doctor Borris posted:

Inconsequential Npcs? Is this super buggy? I had TONS of crashes in Riverrun and Falkreath, it was so bad I started to think I could not handle jks city mods. On a lark from a forum post I have disabled Inconsequential and had zero repeatable crashes except regarding configuring Arods in busy cities.

Never had any problems with Inconsequential NPCs, or crashes in those places for that matter, and I've had it in my load order for ages. Conflict or missing compatibility patch perhaps?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

It's probably nothing to do with the mod itself. NPCs are really resource-intensive in general. If your computer isn't a beast, adding a lot of NPCs can stress it out. Also, Whiterun is the most demanding place in the game in terms of computing power, with tons of NPCs and quest triggers and stuff packed into a small area. If you're trying to run fancy scripts in the middle of Whiterun, especially once you've packed more NPCs into it, that's a really good way to make your game crash.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
I have safe load and Enbboost, furthermore the way it CTDS without any real FPS drop implies a script overload. There is no slowdown or game warning before the crash.

Quick Loot and scripted containers or placed containers rings super true for me. It's while crafting at my hobo camp in the corner of whiterun I get the most CTDs.

Regarding inconsequential NPCs: what about Riverrun and Falkreath would conflict so hard? I don have anything specific to those places beyond Interesting NPCS and I guess Wyrmstooth installed.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Maera Sior posted:

I've been stuck on "exporting patchusmaximus.esp" for 10 hours at 0%. Any idea what I need to change?
The patcher comes with a .bat file that gives java more memory to work with that you may need to edit to point to your javaw.exe. The patcher seems to suppress errors by default so if it runs out of memory there are actually hidden error windows. Make sure to use the batch file if you have just been running the .jar.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
Reccomed me a mod:
I want to play a vampirism thief and do all the guild and dark brotherhood stuff I never finished. Because of the thief side I assume followers are kind of out. So questions:

What are good thief guild mods? What about thief tool mods? Riften Overhauls?
I use SPERG and Better Vampires. Unarmed in SPERG works ok right?

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Doctor Borris posted:

Reccomed me a mod:
I want to play a vampirism thief and do all the guild and dark brotherhood stuff I never finished. Because of the thief side I assume followers are kind of out. So questions:

What are good thief guild mods? What about thief tool mods? Riften Overhauls?
I use SPERG and Better Vampires. Unarmed in SPERG works ok right?
Reddit has a pretty decent list of suggestions for thief playthroughs here.
If you're mixing in magic at all, Grimore has a novice Alteration spell Shapeshift Claws, that boosts unarmed damage by 15. Lots of other neat spells in that mod.
Ordinator has some neat perks, too. One is Tripwire, where you set a wire like the traps you find in dungeons that cause enemies to fall (well, rag doll and crumple to the ground in hilarious fashion). There's a mod that combines SPERG and Ordinator that I've been using ever since I discovered it.

That Ignorant Sap fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 29, 2016

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

That Ignorant Sap posted:

There's a mod that combines SPERG and Ordinator that I've been using ever since I discovered it.

yeah but you don't get the SPERG / Frostfall perk tree :qq:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Backing up files in preparation for my new PC, and I have 105GB of Skyrim and New Vegas mods.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Sintax posted:

The patcher comes with a .bat file that gives java more memory to work with that you may need to edit to point to your javaw.exe. The patcher seems to suppress errors by default so if it runs out of memory there are actually hidden error windows. Make sure to use the batch file if you have just been running the .jar.

I was running moreHeapspace 32bit. What should I try next?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Agents are GO! posted:

Backing up files in preparation for my new PC, and I have 105GB of Skyrim and New Vegas mods.

Sounds about right.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Maera Sior posted:

I was running moreHeapspace 32bit. What should I try next?

Set it up in MO as an executable like this:

Binary: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\javaw.exe
Start In: path to folder the .jar is in
Arguments: -Xmx1024m -jar "path to .jar goes here" "-NOSTREAM"

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Whizbang posted:

Set it up in MO as an executable like this:

Binary: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\javaw.exe
Start In: path to folder the .jar is in
Arguments: -Xmx1024m -jar "path to .jar goes here" "-NOSTREAM"

Did that, hit "Patch" and the window just closes without a popup telling me the progress. MO unlocks, so it thinks it's done.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Agents are GO! posted:

Sounds like someone needs more 8K uncompressed body textures. Every one of them.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
I just installed a lightning fast ssd drive on my computer. Except then I installed FO4, Skyrim, and mods..

And now it is filled up.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Doctor Borris posted:

I just installed a lightning fast ssd drive on my computer. Except then I installed FO4, Skyrim, and mods..

And now it is filled up.

I've been thinking about picking up a cheap SSD just for Bethesda games. Leave my main SSD alone and dump everything on the other drive.

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
Mortal Enemies is now up on nexus here

Its a combat mod that makes creatures and NPCs less aimbotty in melee combat. I'm working on an update right now that will increase the effects of the mod without making it too easy to cheese completely. Check it out and tell me what you think.

edit: pls to link

FARTSTAR fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 4, 2016

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
How do I dismiss Brhuce Hammar? He doesn't have the "its time for us to part ways" option.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

FARTSTAR posted:

Mortal Enemies is now up on nexus here

Its a combat mod that makes creatures and NPCs less aimbotty in melee combat. I'm working on an update right now that will increase the effects of the mod without making it too easy to cheese completely. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Does this link not load for anyone else?

eta: yup, thanks!
\/\/\/\/

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 4, 2016

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah not working for me either, I found it in the latest files though -- does it work from there? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73921/

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Probably the https link/http website (or vice versa) bug if your browser doesn't do ... something, I dunno, I read about it in another forum. Basically browsing on one and clicking a link to the other goes weird sometimes!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is there a mod that will replace a killed merchant with a new NPC (for those who don't have in-game replacements)? I just had a couple of Riften vendors killed and at the time didn't feel like reloading to try to save them, but kinda hate seeing their empty stalls in the market now :(

I may just roll back to a prior save before I get too far past that point but thought having someone new step in might be a more interesting way to deal with it if such a thing existed.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

You could probably just resurrect them with the console, I'm not aware of any mods which can dynamically spawn NPC vendors to replace a vanilla one who dies.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can I do that once they've already got coffins and the bodies are gone, I mean without breaking things? I did recycleactor on their corpses right after it happened and thought it was all good, then the next day (after I spent a bunch of time making potions and various other small tedious activities I didn't want to do over) they were dead again and I got inheritance letters. So I was kinda thinking a save roll-back would be the better option after all that mess.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Everything Burrito posted:

Can I do that once they've already got coffins and the bodies are gone, I mean without breaking things? I did recycleactor on their corpses right after it happened and thought it was all good, then the next day (after I spent a bunch of time making potions and various other small tedious activities I didn't want to do over) they were dead again and I got inheritance letters. So I was kinda thinking a save roll-back would be the better option after all that mess.

I would imagine the placeatme command would work, at least in making a new copy of the npc. If it just spawns the dead body, then the resurrect command should reanimate them, possibly followed by resetai if they don't go back to their stall. I'd save first before trying, just in case.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
alright, if it doesn't work I can always go back to before they died anyway and if it does work no need to grind out all those potions again :v:

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

They just put a release date on the Nehrim sequel, Enderal, July 3rd.

A lot longer than I thought it would be, they're being super cautious. Regardless, sequel to the best mod of Oblivion incoming.

Urthor fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 8, 2016

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Oh poo poo I had no idea there were working on one :o I am suddenly real excited, I spent more time with Nehrim than Oblivion.

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

I wouldn't say it was 50/50, but yeah, Nehrim is up there with The Nameless Mod, Tears of the Fiend and Fall from Heaven 2 as one of the things that just makes you go "holy poo poo what has the internet done."

After this they're going on to game development as a team pretty sure, so this'll be the last hurrah. Can't wait.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
The time is ripe for my yearly reinstall/mod marathon.

I've always ended up doing sneaky/archery types, so I wanted to try something different this time and go wizard; I abandoned my last run before hitting lvl 5 and I'd like to give it another go.

Thought I'd approach this differently though: I'll try and explain what I'd like to do, and maybe you guys can point me in the right direction mod/buildwise.

I wanted to avoid destruction and go full conjuration, bounding weapons instead of smithing/getting them (which would have the added bonus of actually not using smith for once), and summoning dudes to support me. Is this actually doable on a SPERG run, or will I have to get a few "improved summons/bound weapons" mods or something?

Other than that I was planning on removing the GPS marker and quest markers and getting Even Better Quest objectives to roleplay a bit and look at the map/roads instead of just beelining for the quest marker and end up looking at a cliff face.

That's about it for now I guess, any input would be appreciated.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Grab Apocalypse Spells as well as SPERG and you're good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

SPERG has some nice conjuration perks for both summons and bound weapons so you'd probably be in good shape. Pick up the Mage Armor perk in Alteration and never think about armor again, too.

You may want something like (I think it's called) Bound Armory for some more variety to the bound weapons that are available. I've never used it myself, but I believe it has a compatibility patch for SPERG. Maybe look at some of the bigger spell mods (Apocalypse and Forgotten Magic in particular are the ones I like) as well.

• Locked thread