Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

And the most amazing part is that it's all real.

Woah, hang on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
We are still at the start of all this.
One by one ships will be released (if everything goes to plan) and one by one a million nerds dreams will be still born and the backlash will be funny.
That's before anything like a game is released, when that comes out (lol) it'll be a stripped down bare bones version of what everyone was promised.
At that point things will be in full swing, everything so far is just a tiny taster and that thought is pretty mind blowing. We've seen nothing yet, the train hasn't even left the station in all reality.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Hey paid lackey paid to read this thread, you have people asking questions and not getting answers.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/320179/no-large-gamescom-2016-star-citizen-event

Pretty soon they will be posting here.

CIG and communication skills are oil and water.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Is this a game yet?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Is this a game yet?

What are birds?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

One by one ships will be released (if everything goes to plan) and one by one a million nerds dreams will be still born and the backlash will be funny.
That's before anything like a game is released, when that comes out (lol) it'll be a stripped down bare bones version of what everyone was promised.
At that point things will be in full swing, everything so far is just a tiny taster and that thought is pretty mind blowing. We've seen nothing yet, the train hasn't even left the station in all reality.

That's the greatest thing - it's already the most entertaining trainwreck I've ever seen via SA and it's not even close to being finished.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Is this a game yet?

Yes, in many ways except the intended one

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jason Sextro posted:

That's the greatest thing - it's already the most entertaining trainwreck I've ever seen via SA and it's not even close to being finished.

Put it in perspective and you realise it's not even close to starting :laugh:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Is this a game yet?

only someone who doesn't know anything about game development would ask this question

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

peter gabriel posted:

Exactly. We're in the beginning of Act II.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I like how the last two days that subreddit has thrown a fit over SA because:

1) of that twitter account which noone here has taken credit for
2) the paywall which has nothing to do with this thread

we've become so notorious in the SC community that they now auto-troll themselves on our behalf.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

peter gabriel posted:

One by one ships will be released (if everything goes to plan)

peter gabriel posted:

(if everything goes to plan)

woah, hang on

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

I'm looking forward to the big red number on metacritic for squadron 42.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

ShredsYouSay posted:

Great stuff.

By the way do you want an optimised version? Those cans really don't need 21k faces each, unless you need the fidelity that normal maps can't bring.

Ideally, it would be cool if the second the ship takes damage, or accelerates too hard, the cans fall off since they're only held on with blu-tack, leaving the ship to careen out of control.

That would be great!

FWIW, I'm going to add a rigidbody spring hanging off the back of this ship. Connected to that spring? A chair.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
oh yea also the Bandai thing, that was our fault too for a bit

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Lime Tonics posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/320179/no-large-gamescom-2016-star-citizen-event

Pretty soon they will be posting here.

CIG and communication skills are oil and water.

a star citizen posted:

I don't really care whether they go to Gamescom or not but this is a very strange move to make in the year that Squadron 42 is finally supposed to come out (or maybe they already know it won't make it?)

:laffo:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

we've become so notorious in the SC community that they now auto-troll themselves on our behalf.

I really like the reddit posts about everyone over here frothing themselves because another PTU patch came out and it means that SC is coming along just as planned despite no one here doing anything but laughing at the patch notes.

Mostly I'm just looking forward to the next :pgabz: video.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A Neurotic Jew posted:

It is a self propelled idiocy machine the like of which we've never seen before

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dusty Lens posted:

I really like the reddit posts about everyone over here frothing themselves because another PTU patch came out and it means that SC is coming along just as planned despite no one here doing anything but laughing at the patch notes.

I'm trying to find a way of getting one of the big chariots into a race, is this possible?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

Someone made them a nice flowchart that explains this thread perfectly but they can't seem to get it through their heads.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wafflz posted:

I'm looking forward to the big red number on metacritic for squadron 42.

That goes without saying, the question is what its user score will be. I expect the cult to go on a full-on assault to rate it 10/10 for ~vision~, ~fidelity~ and ~sunk-cost~

I can't imagine the cult will turn on CR, no matter how lovely SQ42 will be. I mean, there are seriously people arguing that Star Citizen Alpha 2.2e is better than fully developed AAA titles.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

peter gabriel posted:

I'm trying to find a way of getting one of the big chariots into a race, is this possible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6wDB4Ou7Uw

It appears to be. I also remember people getting ships into that social module thing.

e; I'll bug some friends that I know took ships for a joyride around the social module to see how they did it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dusty Lens posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6wDB4Ou7Uw

It appears to be. I also remember people getting ships into that social module thing.

e; I'll bug some friends that I know took ships for a joyride around the social module to see how they did it.

Cool that'd be awesome

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
I hope the documentary of the collapse is handled by Charlie Brooker.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wuxi posted:

That goes without saying, the question is what its user score will be. I expect the cult to go on a full-on assault to rate it 10/10 for ~vision~, ~fidelity~ and ~sunk-cost~

I can't imagine the cult will turn on CR, no matter how lovely SQ42 will be. I mean, there are seriously people arguing that Star Citizen Alpha 2.2e is better than fully developed AAA titles.

Like any massively hyped game it will be lots of 10/10s and lots of 0/10s, user reviews are so worthless.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Please add a link for we pooptouchers when posting reddit screenshots

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Wafflz posted:

Like any massively hyped game it will be lots of 10/10s and lots of 0/10s, user reviews are so worthless.

Yeah this.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Crazy Achmed posted:

I don't know how much has been done yet but I quite like the idea of all the ships being household stuff glued together by a 4-year-old, that would be a pretty rad aesthetic

Totally. The general vibe is Hardware Wars.

The concept right now is three main factions, with their own ships:

- Goonrathi (super lovely junky ships, lawnmowers, rideable rubber duckies, etc)
- Stimpire (scary looking alien craft)
- Sperg (overly glossy and cartoony "luxury" ships)

I found this free model, will definitely the flagship of the Sperg line. Working title: "Sperg StarWhale"

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Toops posted:

- Goonrathi (super lovely junky ships, lawnmowers, rideable rubber duckies, etc)

I found this free model, will definitely the flagship of the Sperg line. Working title: "Sperg StarWhale"

I think that's a ship from Battlestar Galactica?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Toops posted:

Can you make this squirt water out of the top?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Star Citizen: Spend, whale: holy fail

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Ponzi posted:

I got a Platinum too, as well as the no-advert upgrade. I just thought 'why the hell not'. I didn't bother with the archive access bit though, as the past doesn't interest me as much as the present.

Some of the archived threads are the stuff of legends.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Exactly. We're in the beginning of Act II.

And this just the first movie, there will be sequels and it will be hilarious.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I think that's a ship from Battlestar Galactica?

Yeah, the Olympic Carrier, I just checked.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

The perfect sperg ship.

Don't flinch from your duty, brave commandos. There's no humans aboard anyway, just pesky spergs pretending to be humans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXFFKIHaAxg

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Toops posted:

i still think the chilldankli are a viable species, they fly greenhouses and combi vans which attack with glitchy shotgun weapons and suspicious-smelling smoke

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

peter gabriel posted:

Can you make this squirt water out of the top?

Yep. In typical Unity lol-fidelity style, I'll add a 2004-esque particle system. Hang on, gently caress it, ima import the model and do it now, and post a vid. Wonder how fast I can do that...

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i still think the chilldankli are a viable species, they fly greenhouses and combi vans which attack with glitchy shotgun weapons and suspicious-smelling smoke

Save some of that for the DLC my beautiful friend.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Decrepus posted:

Yeah, the Olympic Carrier, I just checked.

Yeah, you beat me to it. it's from one of the early episodes REAL SPOILER----> It's the one that gets supposedly captured by the Cylons after it fails to jump, reappears later in the episode and gets flagged as carrying nukes. Apollo blows it up, and it haunts him for a while because of the uncertainty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sanctimoniousqfd
Dec 16, 2015

Xaerael posted:

I thought consoles were the devil, and all need to be burned in a big heap as a silicon sacrifice to the almighty PC god, cRobinkles.

Well obviously until SC releases there is nothing at all to play on PC, so, even though they are forced to give themselves lashes and tighten their cilice for it, console games is all they have until the glorious vision of The Christ CRobberts is realized...

• Locked thread