Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Arkane posted:

Rubio's account tweeted the #NeverTrump hashtag a couple times yesterday and he's now vowing on the stump to always oppose him, so I think the bold is in serious doubt at this point.

I mean, there's no doubt they pledged it. Just a lot of doubt they'll actually do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
There is no knowledge, there is only Trump.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Zohar posted:

who the gently caress knows any more

Reality is merely the Dream of the Donald

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Peel posted:

mussolini's dudes were pretty violent, actually more violent than the nazis in the run up to power iirc. he also invaded and gassed ethiopia for no reason (after invading african countries for no reason had gone out of fashion). he was reluctant about the racial biology compared to the nazis but still went along to placate them. plus all the general misgovernment and repression associated with fascist governments (the trains do not run on time)

the fascists weren't the nazis but they were definitely bad dudes

There was a damned good reason to invade Ethiopia. Italy getting its rear end kicked by Ethiopia in the 1890s at the same time as the rest of Africa was falling under European control was a humiliating display of Italian weakness and backwardsness. Defeating and conquering Ethiopia was a way of exorcising the memory of national humiliation.

I guess the American equivalent would be to invade Vietnam again just to prove we've still got it and last time was a fluke.

Patter Song fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 28, 2016

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Now CNN is hyping up a Trump rally in an hour where he will respond to the media.

Hmm....

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

CubsWoo posted:

There is no knowledge, there is only Trump.

Literacy will be defined as the ability to write Donald J. Trump.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Zohar posted:

who the gently caress knows any more

Yeah I hate to say "THIS TIME IT'S DIFFERENT" when referring to Trump, but there's no way this can help him in the general. The primary voters won't give a poo poo, but Clinton is going to use this to define him as a candidate.

But even getting past the bullshit political optics game, what kind of person do you have to be to even have to pause to think about how to answer "do you hate the KKK?"

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ego-bot posted:

Isn't the point of the whole Trump University thing to try and sympathize with the people who were screwed over and are suing Trump?

Calling them stupid doesn't seem like a great strategy.

I think this actually has more sticking power. Trying to get Trumpeters to feel bad for rubes would require them to question a lot of moral assumptions and is a losing battle. Finding past rubes and implying that they're stupid assholes and you will be too cuts rights to the heart of insecurity that powers Trump's supporters.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Montasque posted:

CNN News room leading with TRUMP TWEETS OUT HE DISAVOWS THE KKK!

This is news.

CNN's headline is now: "Trump won't disavow David Duke, KKK," which would be the third or fourth time they've changed the title of that particular story.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Harold Stassen posted:

True and true- attacking Trump for having so little to do with Trump U is his own defense for why it was poo poo- he had nothing/so little to do with it.

The guy is rapidly wearing out this dissembly/excuse in public. It was apparently also his response when his involvement with ACN came into question when, uh, ACN came into question. And IIRC lately the response about using illegal Poles (Underpaid!) for construction work; it was all the subcontractor, not on me. And it goes on and on, just stuff we've heard about recently.

Would appear that the Donald is no stranger to plausible-deniabilitymanship.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
Friendly reminder: Rubio's event in VA today is at Patrick Henry College, so-called "God's Harvard," an evangelical school started in 2000 by the founder of the Home School Legal Defense Association as a means of funneling home schooled students into government positions.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

QuoProQuid posted:

CNN's headline is now: "Trump won't disavow David Duke, KKK," which would be the third or fourth time they've changed the title of that particular story.

everyone glued to cnn programming on a sunday afternoon must be mighty confused

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

Fun fact: the LBJ staffer who commissioned the Daisy ad was Bill Moyers.

this must be what got him his tv show

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

uh
mods??!?!?!?

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

Those who oppose Trump only make others support him. Cease these futile attacks on him.

There's a lot of truth to this.

I mean, if I ever question my support of Trump, I just have to look around and see that every massive piece of human trash in this country seems to be in a tizzy over Trump and loudly screaming about how awful he is.

If all these rear end-holes have a problem with him, he has to be doing SOMETHING right.

Someone who is equally despised across partisan lines by scum like the Bushes and Clintons MUST be doing something right.

Someone who scum like La Raza and the Chamber of Commerce are equally outraged by must be doing something right.

Someone sending every crybaby bitch in the country into a frenzy must be doing something right.

As they say, if you're taking flak, you're over the target.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

DaveWoo posted:

Come on, HuffPo. "Klandidate" would've been a way better title.

That's better, HuffPo. :colbert:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Rick Wilson stared into the abyss of /pol/ and decided to leap in.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Trump refuses to poo poo on the KKK you say...

https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/703611331040014336

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Reality is merely the Dream of the Donald

In societies where modern conditions of Trump prevail, all of life presents itself as an immense accumulation of spectacles.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

skaboomizzy posted:

Rick Wilson stared into the abyss of /pol/ and decided to leap in.

yeah its actually amusing how much /pol/ colonized his brain

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Baloogan posted:

uh
mods??!?!?!?

Just because you say something on Twitter doesn't mean you'll get probated here, Rick.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

Rubio gets a line, Trump gets the whole drat city. What an election.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

'Conservative intellectuals' work really hard to make their twitter bios insufferable.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Montasque posted:

It'll be interesting to see how Trump supporters react to his inevitable loss in the general election.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Trump's only rally today is in Madison, Alabama.

In 1860, over half of that county was slaves.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Cruz: Sheamus
Rubio: Roman Reigns
Carson: Demon Kane
Kasich: Dean Ambrose
Trump: Shane McMahon

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I'm very much looking forward to the many primary autopsies that will start springing up in late March analyzing this stuff. Particularly people like Nate Silver explaining why they were wrong.

Also quoting my post from a month and a half ago saying that the primaries would be over March 15th when Trump beats Rubio in Florida.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trump being ambiguous about disavowing racism/KKK will only help him with the rural Republican base, particularly in the southern states that vote on Tuesday. These folks are scum and they're being played like a fiddle.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

The guy has an ego that could humble a roman emperor thats why.

I've said as much myself, but why does that mean he'll put the country's interests first and not his own?

Totalizator posted:

With Trump there is a fair chance he'll actually force through some positive change in order to make himself look good.

You realize this is magical thinking, right? Presidents can do things that make themselves look good, but ultimately are terrible for the country. Look at George W. Bush.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Arkane posted:

Trump's only rally today is in Madison, Alabama.

In 1860, over half of that county was slaves.

And I think that if you look at the REAL history of the South, those slaves were happy and content in their God-given place as hewers of wood and carriers of water for the superior race until YANKEE AGITATORS and BLACK REPUBLICANS started stirring up poo poo. Who's the real racist now?

#lostcause #thesouthwillriseagain #myhistoryteacherssuckedshit #neverreadabook

Wyld Thang
Feb 23, 2016
trump: slayer
cruz: poison
rubio: menudo
kasich: the alan parsons project
carson: living colour

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Wyld Thang posted:

trump: slayer
cruz: poison
rubio: menudo
kasich: the alan parsons project
carson: living colour

Rubio seems more Pet Shop Boys or Erasure

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Rubio is clearly Aqua.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Patter Song posted:

Also quoting my post from a month and a half ago saying that the primaries would be over March 15th when Trump beats Rubio in Florida.

Both Rubio and Cruz have signalled that they will stay in the race until the nomination, preventing Trump from getting half the total delegates.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/704015546849820673

This is now Rubio's attack of the day. If Trump were smart he would tie Rubio with the GOTCHA MEDIA.

You can't really get away with saying somebody refuses to disavow David Duke when they can just play footage from the day before of them at a press conference disavowing David Duke that was broadcast on the same network. I mean, I know there are dumbasses who are doing the feigned millennial world weary cynicism thing and saying "Nothing matters" because they don't actually understand what Trump is doing despite being glued nonstop to every word he's said for the past eight months, but, like, reality actually does exist and you can't just invent it out of nothing.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Both Rubio and Cruz have signalled that they will stay in the race until the nomination, preventing Trump from getting half the total delegates.

both of them staying in will if anything help him get half the total

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Montasque posted:

Lol

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

There's speculation that Romney will step in if Rubiobot implodes over the next couple weeks.
Hoping this happens and Trump makes Romney eat poo poo. Him making GBS threads on Bush and Romney in a single run would be awesome.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is there anything stopping Trump from winning the presidency and then ditching the GOP entirely

• Locked thread