Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

A new entry in the Casualty Ridiculous Injury Hall of Fame:

Impaled with a toy plane after being tripped by a Home Alone-esque home defense boobytrap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

A new entry in the Casualty Ridiculous Injury Hall of Fame:

Impaled with a toy plane after being tripped by a Home Alone-esque home defense boobytrap.

Well, inthe fairness they can't do real casualty problems like ' On I was hoovering naked, tripped and ended up with nozzle up my arse' whilst the Henry is in a corner smiling. If they did that cor comic relief it would be worth fortunes.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

goatface posted:

According to Popbitch (who sometimes know about these things), the official viewing figures for the debut of Mid Morning Matters were 16,000 people.

The online only one or what? I can't really see how either series can have proper viewing counts - we do what netflix does and upload the whole thing to On Demand at once.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Watching The Night Manager and the weirdest thing about it is how bad Olivia Colman's been so far

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
And they clearly want to show some Elizabeth Dibicki nudity but it's the BBC and that wouldn't be enlightened, so they've thrown in some wide view skinny dipping and a gratuitous trying-on-underwear montage...

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Does anyone understand the process of building the legend a bit better than I do? I don't feel like I get exactly what happened down in Devon.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

The online only one or what? I can't really see how either series can have proper viewing counts - we do what netflix does and upload the whole thing to On Demand at once.

The Sky Atlantic figures. I think it was more of a dig at the channel than the programme.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009

goatface posted:

The Sky Atlantic figures. I think it was more of a dig at the channel than the programme.

The popbitch email article was a dig at Coogan for heading up the phone hacking legal action whilst signing up for Partridge to be on Sky, 38(ish)% owned my Murdoch. It started off as a Fosters sponsered online thing though, so who knows how the rights got dished out.

Same article points out that the whole channel is doing badly. Day to day watching is the afternoon repeats with Blue Blood coming out on top. I think to get Atlantic they you have to be on the package that does box sets, so it's probably not as bleak as it all looks.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

R.I.P. Father Jack.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

ineptmule posted:

Does anyone understand the process of building the legend a bit better than I do? I don't feel like I get exactly what happened down in Devon.

No. Honestly I was on my phone a bit because I'm not finding it that compelling, but it seemed like they missed out a few scenes. I've never read the book.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Arse. :(

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Feck :smith:.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

ineptmule posted:

Wasn't there a brief flashback of that girl he porked and a crime screen with a lot of blood? I took it to mean he either seriously hurt (or killed?) one of the local drug dealers to create the back-story for his new alias they want Roper to find.

edit: the Telegraph's take is he took the identity of that girls impregnator, and left blood all around the cottage.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 29, 2016

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Girls :arghfist::smith:

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 29, 2016

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

nickers! fecking wimmins knickers! :cry:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

That would be an ecumenical matter :smith:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
In many ways, wasn't he all of our brick?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Pablo Bluth posted:

Wasn't there a brief flashback of that girl he porked and a crime screen with a lot of blood? I took it to mean he either seriously hurt (or killed?) one of the local drug dealers to create the back-story for his new alias they want Roper to find.

edit: the Telegraph's take is he took the identity of that girls impregnator, and left blood all around the cottage.

Yeah, I got that much. I wondered if there was more to it than that. It doesn't feel like a very robust plan but I guess they had the fictitious old criminal record and the theft from the hotel to add to the legend as well.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

goatface posted:

It's on there to encourage people to sign up to Sky. And Coogan said he was really glad to be working with Sky since they made him feel enthusiastic about it all again!

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
The timeline for the legend is pretty clear?

Pine steals the money from Zermatt

Pine turns up at the cottage and begins to make himself known to the locals as a threatening mid level drug dealer/fixer, who is on the run/laying low in Devon.
Also trains himself physically and on how to cook
Puts the screws on lower level mechanic, ultraviolet negotiations
Seduces girl in village
Steals the name of her ex partner.

Burr sends downs new passport with that name and a stooge acquaintance
Ultraviolet negotiation in the pub again with the stooge sets up the backstory and motive for;

Bloody crime scene left in cottage for girl to find
Stooge disappears, presumed murdered.

Pine rocks up in Mallorca to set up a 3 month long backstory as a sous chef, waiting for Roper to arrive as he's been shown to be a creature of habit.

For anyone digging, Pine now looks like a petty thief who dabbled in the drug business, murdered someone and then fled on a false passport?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Yeah, that's clear. Thanks. I was discussing with my girlfriend who felt the process was confusing. I had a kind intuitive understanding of the situation but seeing it laid out like that it makes sense to me.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Is this new Stewart Lee? They kept that quiet.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Yeah it's a new series. A bit weak to start with but the James Corden bit was brutal in a brilliant way. Also the joke about what he can get for free at home

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

I watched the tour that went into this series, a lot of the topical/political stuff is going to have been thrown out. Otherwise it'll be a bit naff watching jokes about Nick Clegg, Ed Milliband and Ukip.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I thought it was really good. It did seem like he was trying a bit harder to distance himself from his stage-persona than usual though.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I saw the penultimate show of the tour a couple of weeks ago, so looking forward to seeing the new series. Definitely full on with the personal then, he loving hated us.

He did the James Cordon bit so looking forward to that. He actually spat on the stage.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I watched a bit of one of the Stewart Lee episodes, and his voice lulled me to sleep even as he made me feel uneasy with his asides directly addressing the camera.

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
Anyone who enjoys the eccentric academic approach to documentary presenting should check out the Pompeii thing on iplayer, because Mary Beard is an absolute treat. I want her to teach me everything about everything.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Celebrity darts. Like normal darts, only they're bad at it.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
I went and seen Robot Wars being filmed today. It was good.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

onoflalks posted:

I went and seen Robot Wars being filmed today. It was good.

That was awfully fast. Where'd they rustle up the competitors so quickly?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

That was awfully fast. Where'd they rustle up the competitors so quickly?

Thousands of roboteers have been working tirelessly for decades in preparation for this day. They knew it would come.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I can finally wheel War Bastard 2.0 out of the garage...

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
Fuuuuuccck yes I'm ready for that rumble. Anyone else remember their robot wars designs as a kid? I was convinced the secret was either some kind of acid gun or the exterior of the robot looking as much like a dragon as possible.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Low, shallow rectangular design, buzz saw blade in front and back, wheels are also buzz saws. Also there are some buzz saws under the floorboards.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I dunno, I loved it, but it died for a reason.
I can't see how you can really get around the issues without F1-style sillyrules time, and then people won't watch that either.

It had a golden couple of seasons when everything was wacky-races does robots, but as soon as a small number of efficient designs became the norm people lost interest.

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Low, shallow rectangular design, buzz saw blade in front and back, wheels are also buzz saws. Also there are some buzz saws under the floorboards.

Mate what use are buzzsaws when they are melted down to nubs by an acid gun? Also my robot eats yours because it's a dragon.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
My favourite memory of the original run of RW was when they opened with a close zoom in the face of a member of the audience who I recognized as Stephen Briggs, occasional collaborator with the late Terry Pratchett, like how Wimbledon wastes time showing like, the Prime Minister or whoever.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All the really fun things were banned for being too dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Wormophile posted:

Fuuuuuccck yes I'm ready for that rumble. Anyone else remember their robot wars designs as a kid? I was convinced the secret was either some kind of acid gun or the exterior of the robot looking as much like a dragon as possible.

The wedge shaped ones usually did pretty well. Except against the house robot with the really big circular saw. They'd usually just flip their opponent over.