Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
What they really need to do is stop making the attack speed jungle item some stacking thing and instead just make it give attack speed and burn enemies for some true damage every 2nd/3rd hit. Call it spirit of the elder brambleback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

blah_blah posted:

Morgana is good at almost everything and until you move up to a MMR where people are very good at dodging skillshots I think she's arguably the best midlaner in the game.

I think Lux is better if you're at all good with her, but yes Morg is a great midlaner right now. If I can't get Lux in a ranked game I pick Morg without hesitation.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Luna Was Here posted:

"singed is HACKING"
wasnt it known about on the PBE that you could put infinite numbers of points into your masteries, which was how he did this?

What happened was that a few people figured out that Mastery values were actually stored clientside. The old Summoner's Insight reduced the cooldown of spells by a percentage, but it had no cap (since the programmers assumed you'd only get up to the "maximum" 15% or whatever it was). You could alter it offline to have like 50 points placed into it and therefore gain >100% CDR on your spells, allowing things like Dr. Terrible teleporting around the map with Flash and killing monsters instantly with Smite.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

lol, the exact opposite of the fix for that game ruining item

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

what happened in 6.4 that shyvana would gain so much winrate and playrate

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Why do they have to have 1/4 jungle items be some stackable weird incentive-twisting monstrosity and the other 3/4 items be just normal flat stat sticks that are beneficial for an early game playstyle on a variety of champions? That to me seems like the actual balance problem, absent of any number tweaking on the Devourer.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
People want to carry from the jungle, and there would be backlash if they just said they wanted the jungler to function as your 2nd support and made it so junglers existed to gank and support with a bigger budget.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Jungle items have to be garbage otherwise laners would take them. We all know how stupid runeglaive Ezreal was. So they either suck and give okay stats or be good and have ridiculous requirements like having to kill a bunch of jungle monsters.

Same thing with support items. If it's any good then regular roles take the item and powerhouse around with it.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
people are idiots and the game shouldn't be balanced around the master yi players of this world.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

devourer is a freaking cool item and i love it even though it is blatantly broken as poo poo half the time. master yi rules. league of legends needs more on hit items that do cooler stuff besides flat dmg. maybe make an on hit effect that puts a stack and if you get 5 stacks it does a lot of damage cause riot loves counting to various numbers

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
I don't think devourer is all that great even without a nerf...you lose so much time stacking it that the game is already basically decided one way or the other by the time you finish it.

In other words if you managed to do drag, bot scuttle, top scuttle, then rift herald, you are probably going to win the game anyway because your team obviously controls the map as it is. Especially now where the norm is 20 min games.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
devourer is good, idiots will farm the jungle for 30 minutes even without its existence, except they wouldnt take any dragons.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Here's my first tier list in four months:
http://pryorability.blogspot.com/2016/02/league-of-legends-tier-list-patch-64.html

Shout out to the few Goons in game who asked me to do another one. Here it is.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
I've recently been playing kogmaw jungle with devourer, its pretty fun, if I was a better ADC I could probably pull it off more often.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They should put zephyr back in the game and make it the aspd jungle item.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

Here's my first tier list in four months:
http://pryorability.blogspot.com/2016/02/league-of-legends-tier-list-patch-64.html

Shout out to the few Goons in game who asked me to do another one. Here it is.

The Muramana change was also a "gently caress you blue Ezreal" change, but realistically it's just straight up worse on anyone who would have built it before.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Safety Scissors posted:

They should put zephyr back in the game.

Nyandaber Z
Apr 8, 2009

The Mash posted:

What they really need to do is give 2 stacks per champion kill and assist and take Dragon and Rift Herald down to 3 stacks and Rift Scuttler down to 1, to promote actually ganking every now and then

Maybe it's just me, but I play a lot of devourer jungle and I go for a gank top or bot as soon as there is an opening because after that it's an easy herald/drake with the eventual scuttle. Ganking is already the best way to stack fast, I don't think a fix is needed there.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Champion.gg stats came out today. I thought rumble felt a lot better with the new E changes but his win rate is still, uh...very not good.

Pretty crazy that since I started playing, poor Rumble has lost 14 points off his win rate

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 28, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Nyandaber Z posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I play a lot of devourer jungle and I go for a gank top or bot as soon as there is an opening because after that it's an easy herald/drake with the eventual scuttle. Ganking is already the best way to stack fast, I don't think a fix is needed there.

So here's the thing. At low elo, people tend to play devourer junglers as afk farm bots who hope the lanes haven't collapsed by the time they're sated so they can come out of the jungle and enter into the own zone. They don't tank, they don't pressure, and they don't worry about objectives. They just farm. If things fall apart around them, they just say "just hold out until I'm sated wtf team don't fight anyone omg" and keep farming.

Then you get the mid elo, this is the habitable zone. The enemy jungler isn't quite good enough to actively punish you for going devourer, but you as a jungler aren't stupid enough to completely ignore what is happening in the game around you. This is the zone where devourer can be decent, because it can still get sated at a good rate while also having a jungler benefit for your team.

Then you get to high elo, where devourer sucks again because the enemy jungler terrorizes your jungle for you going devourer, denies you counter jungling plays, and tries to make your lanes have a hellish time for your decision.

Giving more stacks for kills and assists and less for jungle camps tries to mitigate the low elo afk farm players, and the high elo Ultra jungle punish players

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Stefan Prodan posted:

This is the best lol bug video in my opinion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnNYe6vYocI

8/10 no yakety sax??? why

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

I think Lux is better if you're at all good with her, but yes Morg is a great midlaner right now. If I can't get Lux in a ranked game I pick Morg without hesitation.

In general I feel that Morgana can carry losing games easier than Lux because she can actually mix it up in the middle of teamfights with ult and black shield, rather than Lux who is reliant on at least having some semblance of a frontline. In exchange Lux is much better at 100-0ing opponents and has stronger lane harass and a stupidly low cooldown on ult lategame.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Lux's farming pattern just feels so loving clunky relative to Morg and that is reason enough for me

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INV7U17H848

Pie mechanics OP.

Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

too easy

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Flutch posted:

too easy

Dude is that the sex number? NICE

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Vermain posted:

What happened was that a few people figured out that Mastery values were actually stored clientside. The old Summoner's Insight reduced the cooldown of spells by a percentage, but it had no cap (since the programmers assumed you'd only get up to the "maximum" 15% or whatever it was). You could alter it offline to have like 50 points placed into it and therefore gain >100% CDR on your spells, allowing things like Dr. Terrible teleporting around the map with Flash and killing monsters instantly with Smite.

> The old Summoner's Insight reduced the cooldown of spells by a percentage

Instead of explicit tiers (like 1 point, 2 point), they used a coefficient/multiplier * number of points in mastery; the maximum is still your summoner level number of points.

IIRC, this was at the time mastery pages just freshly got moved server-side that patch - they definitely did have a server side check against malformed talent configurations back when the client would send the full page to use each time since there was only one - but "save configuration to pageId, then send a server-synced pageId to game" wasn't checked

It required cheat engine attaching to exe to nop a client-side check though, not something you could do by accident.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Free transfers to Japanese Server tomorrow, all through March. Before the 15th gets a free Blood Moon Yasuo skin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1ZNRcAThY

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
IDGI, are people transferring to Japanese servers people who live in Japan?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yes, because before the JP server existed they had to play on the NA server with high latency

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Stefan Prodan posted:

Champion.gg stats came out today. I thought rumble felt a lot better with the new E changes but his win rate is still, uh...very not good.

Pretty crazy that since I started playing, poor Rumble has lost 14 points off his win rate

I've been playing a good amount of rumble jungle this patch and while his E change feels fantastic for managing heat, he still falls off super hard in extended games.

At some point his ult stops 100-0ing people and gets harder to hit in fights and his optimal build / heat mechanic means in late game fights he's both super squishy and only gets to use 2-3 abilities before overheating and being useless. Hopefully the mage rework gives him some broken new items with non-mana cdr or better tank/ap choices otherwise I think he'll always just be ok

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

Yeah, I moved to Japan last year and trying to play on NA I have around 180-200 ping.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Lady Naga posted:

i ran into japanese nonstop back when servers were still in la/seattle/portland, should probably be +- 110 ms there, up to 200ms now in chicago, so probably

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Fair enough, there were some people upthread talking about getting into the Japanese beta and registering streamer names so I figured dudes were next-level smurfing by playing in different regions.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Lady Naga posted:

Fair enough, there were some people upthread talking about getting into the Japanese beta and registering streamer names so I figured dudes were next-level smurfing by playing in different regions.

i usually queue around 1-4 am PST, 90% of the people i run into are chinese, japanese, or extremely racist people that complain about the other two

still doesnt beat euw

Impotence fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 29, 2016

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

On Japanese Beta server the only toxicity I found was when I would speak English, sometimes people would say "Go back to Korea!". Even when I'd say "I'm an American living in Japan" they'd just say "gently caress u korean get off this server".

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tequila Sunrise posted:

On Japanese Beta server the only toxicity I found was when I would speak English, sometimes people would say "Go back to Korea!". Even when I'd say "I'm an American living in Japan" they'd just say "gently caress u korean get off this server".

If (when?) people go off on tirades about how good the japanese occupation of korea was, please translate and post it in this thread tia

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I had a couple of friends that played Japanese MMOs the racism is pretty rampant against non-Japanese to the point that attempting to speak in romanji, nevermind english carried a huge stigma so it's not super surprising to hear that about League honestly.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Servaetes posted:

I had a couple of friends that played Japanese MMOs the racism is pretty rampant against non-Japanese to the point that attempting to speak in romanji, nevermind english carried a huge stigma so it's not super surprising to hear that about League honestly.

I have a friend who is of European descent and lives in Japan with his Japanese wife atm. He reckons it's a fairly racist place in general against non-Japanese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Racism in Asian countries is pretty blatant.

Actually most of the people on Beta were speaking in English just enough to say things like "Dragon 1 min" and "Ward blue plz". They also just use a fuckload of emojis.

• Locked thread