Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
LRMs and ACM is basically a sinkhole and useless. Just stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I reached my current goal (3 timberwolves for eliting) and for once am pretty sure which ones to keep. The Prime will leave, that CT is just awful, but S and D will stay.

Next stretch-goal is 3 crows, imma gonna run a 2crow/2timber lance.
Until that, i will continue 3timber/1jenner.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Well I was going to make it do other things with the omnipods. My CW deck for clans is awful. A nova felt like it could swap in for the trial stormcrow that overheats and threatens nobody when the poo poo hits the fan.

I hate the trial direwolf also. I took a second timberwolf instead. I've never gotten more than 80 damage out of a trial direwolf. Huge target, no lines of fire on the CW defense/assaults to make use of gauss safely (and they require you to look at someone long enough to get cored), and the lasers make you take a huge goddamn nap while everyone focuses you down first, for some reason. Probably assuming you're a real direwolf and can hurt someone.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I reached my current goal (3 timberwolves for eliting) and for once am pretty sure which ones to keep. The Prime will leave, that CT is just awful, but S and D will stay.

Besides quirks is there anything a center torso does in an omnipod style mech? It doesn't even look different? Same question for heads.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Some CTs of some Clan robots have energy slots. Ditto heads.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Krinkle posted:

Well I was going to make it do other things with the omnipods. My CW deck for clans is awful. A nova felt like it could swap in for the trial stormcrow that overheats and threatens nobody when the poo poo hits the fan.

I hate the trial direwolf also. I took a second timberwolf instead. I've never gotten more than 80 damage out of a trial direwolf. Huge target, no lines of fire on the CW defense/assaults to make use of gauss safely (and they require you to look at someone long enough to get cored), and the lasers make you take a huge goddamn nap while everyone focuses you down first, for some reason. Probably assuming you're a real direwolf and can hurt someone.

Besides quirks is there anything a center torso does in an omnipod style mech? It doesn't even look different? Same question for heads.

S has a jump jet, prime has a machine gun slot, CDA have an energy slot.

Zyntherius
Jul 25, 2014

Ah sorry my in game name is Zyntherius

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Are they seriously going to add that ghost heat 2.0 bullshit because I might have to stop playing again. That stuff is bullshit.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Anything interesting or good happen in this game since Jan 1st? I've been playing a lot of Diablo instead of doing this:

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016

TheStampede posted:

What are people's thoughts on the Kodiak? I was about to throw PG $15 so I could eke out some Premium Time and any cheap paint or camo sales I saw. However, for $5 more I can get the Kodiak pack with the early adopter rewards, which has a lot more for my money's worth.

Edit: Where can I see the quirks for the Kodiaks? Is the Spirit Bear a +Cbill mech?

Kodiak will be the best assault in the game hands down.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Drone_Fragger posted:

Are they seriously going to add that ghost heat 2.0 bullshit because I might have to stop playing again. That stuff is bullshit.

I'm going to wait to see what the plan is.

My bet's on "Fire more than two weapons at once and you shut down instantly"

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
90% of anything said in a town hall meeting never makes it into the game.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

TheStampede posted:

What are people's thoughts on the Kodiak? I was about to throw PG $15 so I could eke out some Premium Time and any cheap paint or camo sales I saw. However, for $5 more I can get the Kodiak pack with the early adopter rewards, which has a lot more for my money's worth.

Edit: Where can I see the quirks for the Kodiaks? Is the Spirit Bear a +Cbill mech?

Good news then, you cant buy the hero without buying a pack!
The hero is add-on-only, not standalone (from what i understood on the store page)

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

The hero is add-on-only, not standalone (from what i understood on the store page)

You're correct sir. 20 bucks for 3 variants. 15 extra for hero. Or 15 for the "reinforcements" which give you an extra 2 variants. So...

50 bucks total for Normal pack + hero + reinforcements.

I've dropped 20 bucks on lovely Beta access, I've dropped 35 for the Kodak and the reinforcements. I'm known to make lovely decisions with my money sometimes.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Stringbean posted:

You're correct sir. 20 bucks for 3 variants. 15 extra for hero. Or 15 for the "reinforcements" which give you an extra 2 variants. So...

I've dropped 20 bucks on lovely Beta access, I've dropped 35 for the Kodak and the reinforcements. I'm known to make lovely decisions with my money sometimes.

Somewhere a goon with a golden adder is laughing and crying at the same time.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Stringbean posted:

BUt wait, theres more!
If you buy now you can spend ANOTHER 20 on the champion pack instead, giving you 3 basic variants, a champ, the hero, and 2 further basic variants for a total of SEVEN loving ARMORED BEARS!
Theres a snow white joke in here i cant seem to find...

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Krinkle posted:

I just spent 3 million cbills and I don't know maybe 3000 GXP on the maxed out LRM10 cooldown modules and I regret it. The hunchback something J, even with all the perks and the module on top of it, even when it's making GBS threads out rockets, doesn't really kill things and is boring. I guess I don't have that target decay thing but that's 6 million and I already am giving up on throwing 1080 missiles at things that leave cover and then stomping around like a useless piece of poo poo.

And my next goal is to get a 3 AMS nova and be a useless piece of poo poo that makes other useless pieces of poo poo really feel like useless pieces of poo poo.

e: I combined ams and ecm into one word what don't exist.

Good news!

Mounting 3 AMS and a ton and a half of AMS ammo only costs you three DHS which, while somewhat painful, does not in fact render you a useless piece of poo poo. It was "better" back when you got 15% range (25% with the module) and 15% fire rate, instead of simply 30% fire rate, but a triple AMS Nova is certainly playable and can do good damage.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Lord Kinbote posted:

Its going to be a fragile clan 100 tonner.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

A.o.D. posted:

Its going to be a fragile clan 100 tonner.

I don't think it'll be as bad as the direwolf, and if it falls somewhere between the XL Boar's Head and the STD Atlas on durability, it could be a very good mech.

TheStampede
Feb 20, 2008

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I started thinking about it, and not being a fan of anything bigger then a heavy, $30 for 6,500 MC to buy the Jenner mastery pack, get an (H) mech I might actually use, and have some MC left over to spend while drunk is sounding better. Can you spend that banked 30 days of premium time in 1 day chunks?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

EoRaptor posted:

I don't think it'll be as bad as the direwolf, and if it falls somewhere between the XL Boar's Head and the STD Atlas on durability, it could be a very good mech.

It won't have the XL Boar's head bonus structure or crit resistance. It might be as or less durable than the XL Boar's Head, even with the XL differences.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheStampede posted:

I started thinking about it, and not being a fan of anything bigger then a heavy, $30 for 6,500 MC to buy the Jenner mastery pack, get an (H) mech I might actually use, and have some MC left over to spend while drunk is sounding better. Can you spend that banked 30 days of premium time in 1 day chunks?

Banked time can be activated in minimum 30 day increments. Premium time 'won' from contests is activated immediately, and does not impact banked time.

A.o.D. posted:

It won't have the XL Boar's head bonus structure or crit resistance. It might be as or less durable than the XL Boar's Head, even with the XL differences.

Yeah, it comes down to hitboxes. If it has a huge as gently caress CT, it'll be very worthless, but as long as there is some balance for CT vs LT/RT, it should do okay.

EoRaptor fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 28, 2016

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
If it's anything like piloting an Atlas then you will be target number one and both your side torsos will be gone within 1 minute of engagement

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

TheStampede posted:

Of course you cant, what do you think this is, a game you human being?
You will spend this the way you are supposed to, all at once, not how you would like it!

(i agree it would be cool to do it in snippets, but then they would sell a whole lotta less premium)

TheStampede
Feb 20, 2008

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."
welp guess I better quit my job so I can play MWO for 720 hours strait

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I bought an Ice Ferret. I poo poo you not.

(With C-bills)

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Stringbean posted:

I bought an Ice Ferret. I poo poo you not.

(With C-bills)

On a scale of 1 to Mist Lynx, how drunk are you?

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
I hope the kodiak comes with a bear growl warhorn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgbB5LI1Us8

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

On a scale of 1 to Mist Lynx, how drunk are you?

Where's Commando in that scaling?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Stringbean posted:

Commandos are on the seperate "stim" scale

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Stringbean posted:

right about here:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

various cheeses posted:

Anything interesting or good happen in this game since Jan 1st? I've been playing a lot of Diablo instead of doing this:

It's been fun. Come back and shoot butts

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
gently caress all this talk about Kodiaks. Goddamn space-furries...

I want more on the Penix Hawk.

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
I don't play much of this anymore, but if I feel like drinking and shooting the Golden Boy makes LRMs fun and profitable. It was maybe 5bux during whatever sale I bought it on and pulls a good 250-300k bills with a surprising amount of kills thanks to the tight lrm5 grouping. Just make sure to open your weapon doors (since it has them in its chest for some reason).

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It's that time again where I'm building my money up again after buying the last mechs I really wanted. Someone sell me on a clan mech they like beyond the usual suspects or ebon jags, since the former are already under consideration and I already have the latter.

No shadow cats.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 28, 2016

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Oh Snapple! posted:

It's that time again where I'm building my money up again after buying the last mechs I really wanted. Someone sell me on a clan mech they like beyond the usual suspects or ebon jags, since the former are already under consideration and I already have the latter.

No shadow cats.

If you don't have hellbringers I recommend those, they're really good mechs. For a clan assault I would say warhawk or an executioner. The former for versatility, the latter for a masc assault.

Novas are pretty fun but there aren't many viable builds right now.
The only good clan light is the cheetah or missile Jenner so yeah. Go hog wild.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Lord Kinbote posted:

If that were true the Executioner would already be the best assault, and it's terrible. It could very well turn out poo poo.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

TheStampede posted:

welp guess I better quit my job so I can play MWO for 720 hours strait

This is exactly why personal leave exists. Tell them you are pregnant. Later you can say you miscarried and get some bonus sympathy.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Washout posted:

If that were true the Executioner would already be the best assault, and it's terrible. It could very well turn out poo poo.

Not having any locked equipment on the Kodiak is going to go a long way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Pattonesque posted:

Not having any locked equipment on the Kodiak is going to go a long way

Yeah good point, the KDK-3 is going to be able to mount 4AC-5 and 4 med pulse (or whatever variation), and the spirit bear will be able to take the atlas load out while going 90kph. All comes down to hitboxes and hardpoint locations in the end I suppose.

• Locked thread