Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Miss Wallace posted:

Then you will love the episode where our next Australian But Incompetent is being targeted by a murderer who speaks in pop culture references, and his girlfriend knows his life is in danger and proceeds to spend the episode fantasizing about being in the Charlie's Angels.

:allears:

Mike from RLM: I CAN'T WAIT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

Infamous Sphere posted:

Remind me what Guido was doing hanging around the lifeguards if he wasn't actually a lifeguard. Was he a secretary? What the hell.

He was a quirky , uh......friend.....guy.

His first ep they sort of pitched that he'd be a handyman/odd jobs guy that did stuff on the beach for them, since he helped clean up the classroom area at headquarters. But.......he never really did that.

To be fair they did have characters who weren't lifeguards that hung around, like Garner and Slade.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Miss Wallace posted:

He was a quirky , uh......friend.....guy.

His first ep they sort of pitched that he'd be a handyman/odd jobs guy that did stuff on the beach for them, since he helped clean up the classroom area at headquarters. But.......he never really did that.

To be fair they did have characters who weren't lifeguards that hung around, like Garner and Slade.

Still, at least Garner had a job and Slade was a surfer which explains why he was always at the beach. Guido? Maybe....he was sleeping with Mitch.

OH MY GOD IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
IRCC, at Magfest 2013, Lordkat allegedly got one of Brad's ex-girlfriends (not Jillian, it was another lady, who was blonde) who had a drinking problem and was upset about her relationship with Brad breaking down, drunk and convinced her to flash her breasts on his stream - apparently he was sober at the time.

Yeah....

:stare:

This comes up on the first page of a Google search for Lordkat, so I can see why he's moving away from it now.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The weird thing about Baywatching is it kind of makes me understand why Baywatch Nights happened.

I want to watch Garner and Mitch be buddycops together too.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The weird thing about Baywatching is it kind of makes me understand why Baywatch Nights happened.

I want to watch Garner and Mitch be buddycops together too.

To be fair, everyone wants to watch Garner and Mitch be buddycops together.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Infamous Sphere posted:

That was an incredible flashback/flash forward to Mitch...uh...existing with Garner. Yep, someone on the writing staff was shipping them.
Also why does Hobie cook all of the meals? He's...what, 10? I cooked when I was 10 but definitely not that much.

Listen, Mitch is a busy man who needs to save every single person in the water. SOMEONE has to keep him full of meat.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
MovieBob wants the Academy to give Stan Lee an Oscar.

This goes into my opinions of Stan Lee, which is he has marketed himself as the creator of Marvel and many Marvel characters, but he takes more credit for Marvel's creation than I feel is deserved.

Also, Stan had nothing to do with the MCU other than cameo in them, so if anyone should get an honorary Oscar for Marvel, it should be Kevin Feige.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

PassTheRemote posted:

This goes into my opinions of Stan Lee, which is he has marketed himself as the creator of Marvel and many Marvel characters, but he takes more credit for Marvel's creation than I feel is deserved.

Also, Stan had nothing to do with the MCU other than cameo in them, so if anyone should get an honorary Oscar for Marvel, it should be Kevin Feige.

Eh, it makes more sense for Stan Lee since honorary Oscars go to legacy individuals. Feige won't be in that category for a decade or two.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

TheMaestroso posted:

Eh, it makes more sense for Stan Lee since honorary Oscars go to legacy individuals. Feige won't be in that category for a decade or two.

My issue is he has not done anything on the film side to be in consideration for one. Give him an honorary Eisner.

If we are giving Oscars for people writing things that are adapted into movies, Stephen King deserves one before Lee, as does Tolkien, Shakespeare, and many others.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I developed a ton of sympathy for Stan after watching that documentary about him from a few years ago. He tries to do his ridiculous huckster thing for some of it, but the parts where he's with his wife really humanize him. Whatever else he is, he's a sweet guy who loves his wife and who is still haunted by the death of his daughter.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

PassTheRemote posted:

My issue is he has not done anything on the film side to be in consideration for one. Give him an honorary Eisner.

If we are giving Oscars for people writing things that are adapted into movies, Stephen King deserves one before Lee, as does Tolkien, Shakespeare, and many others.

I don't think he should get one at all, but my point was that Feige isn't even close to a contender yet.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Jay O posted:

You don't get to say "I'm sorry!" and win a no-consequences award.

This needs to be taught to every person, in every grade, from Kindergarten all the way to PhD.

This whole idea of "I'm sorry I got caught, you owe me forgiveness" needs to die.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

lornekates posted:

This needs to be taught to every person, in every grade, from Kindergarten all the way to PhD.

This whole idea of "I'm sorry I got caught, you owe me forgiveness" needs to die.

But this is modern-day politics encapsulated.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
I think Mitch Buchanan learned how to laugh by watching movies about swashbuckling.

(Also, Allison, do you do any post-processing on your voice in Baywatching? You've gotten quite good at using distinctive voices for each character.)

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

echopapa posted:

(Also, Allison, do you do any post-processing on your voice in Baywatching? You've gotten quite good at using distinctive voices for each character.)

Oh man, thanks so much, that's really encouraging to hear. I don't do any effects for the voices unless it's that death pier/evil dog voice, and that's mostly pitching it down. Otherwise it's just me. I think this show is helping me to get more of a range honestly, hahaha.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

lornekates posted:

This is the second most irritating defense on the internet IMHO. The one that induces pure rage is "But I was drunk when I tweeted that!" as if drinking gives you new opinions instead of just loosening your tongue.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

I shall be selling indulgences. I have a transistor from the First True Router in a reliquary. Forgiveness can still be yours. :catholic:

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I think Lordkat's problem is that he blurred the lines between himself and the loud mouth shock jock persona he played up, until it became impossible to tell the two apart.

James Rolfe does it really well - it's clear that the AVGN and Board James are characters, not himself. Like how they are more videos of Rolfe as himself than there are in character, the AVGN has an actual costume, and he stays away from social media aside from thanking fans or indirect statements. Rolfe stays out of drama, and he's professional online, and I think that's a big part of his success.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

OldMemes posted:

I think Lordkat's problem is that he blurred the lines between himself and the loud mouth shock jock persona he played up, until it became impossible to tell the two apart.

James Rolfe does it really well - it's clear that the AVGN and Board James are characters, not himself. Like how they are more videos of Rolfe as himself than there are in character, the AVGN has an actual costume, and he stays away from social media aside from thanking fans or indirect statements. Rolfe stays out of drama, and he's professional online, and I think that's a big part of his success.

Plus even when he does interact with people as the AVGN, he plays up the nerd part more and is more of a crass sweetheart.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

James Rolfe is great because it's almost like he's broadcasting live from 1993. He kind of acts like he's still a kid and seems to really not know or care about anything that happens on the internet or in pop culture.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Kim Justice has been doing a review a day for all of this month and all of them are pretty great (aside from the one gimmick one he does in some kind of character for the Destruction Derby episode which I sorta found annoying). I really hope Kim keeps getting subscribers and views, maybe we see a FF 8 retrospective in the future!

Newest video is on World of Illusion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igVbdf2Yo4I

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Kim Justice has been doing a review a day for all of this month and all of them are pretty great (aside from the one gimmick one he does in some kind of character for the Destruction Derby episode which I sorta found annoying). I really hope Kim keeps getting subscribers and views, maybe we see a FF 8 retrospective in the future!

Newest video is on World of Illusion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igVbdf2Yo4I

The Sega Genesis was my first console and this was one of the first games I got. I LOVED it as a kid and wish it got a rerelease or something. From the video, I don't think Kim explained it well enough but there a re basically three paths in this game. Micky's, Donald's, and Micky and Donald as a two player game. Depending on which you played the game had completely diffrent levels. I never did finish the game with two players though. Now I wanna find a LP of that.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I was a Sega kid too which is why Kim's stuff really speaks to me, especially that Streets of Rage retrospective. It's honestly refreshing to see someone doing a really interesting in depth style look at differing topics in gaming rather than doing pissed off reviews or Let's Plays. The Rise of Robots video is loving awesome and I wish more internet critics followed in that style of video.

LFK
Jan 5, 2013

Bad Wolf posted:

Holy poo poo Lordkat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UFSG1GEFv8

(Too Long, Didn't Listen : Lordkat breaks down, apologizes to everybody, especially Spoony, ends his show.) I don't even know what to say, at least he realizes he's been a huge, huge dick ?

Considering the fuckwit spent the better part of 2015 rallying his fanbase into trying to get a girl to commit suicide, good loving riddance.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Bad Wolf posted:

Holy poo poo Lordkat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UFSG1GEFv8

(Too Long, Didn't Listen : Lordkat breaks down, apologizes to everybody, especially Spoony, ends his show.) I don't even know what to say, at least he realizes he's been a huge, huge dick ?

"I'm so sorry to [lists a bunch of male names]."

Looks at related videos:

"LordKaT Live! The #ZoeQuinn poo poo is Hilarious - 08/22/14"

Which is especially hosed up considering The Zoe Post went up on the 16th.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

PassTheRemote posted:

For all of Stan's faults, he's no Bob Kane. gently caress that guy.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I have to echo achillesforever6 in that lordkat stream was enjoyable before he told spoony to kill himself, and after the magfest bomb is that he comes off that he thinks he is the best internet person ever and it everyone's fault and not his that he didn't get that shity interview with the minecraft guy. the guy was on film taking advantage of a drunk girl, started a slander campaign against anyone working with tgwtg that is holding back real issues and not "durrr Lindsey is a drunk and linkara is a virgin, me king of internetz" and just being a horrible human being and he wonder why he never became a big star, why he was stunted.

I mean working with someone who yell betrayal at a press event is unprofessional, but so is masturbating on a stream, telling a guy with mental issues to kill himself, ordering your fans to stalk and harass various woman, rape a drunk girl live on the internet, and just being this pure poo poo of a human being I am sure that hurt your online career more then spoony, joe, or doug, ever did.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

OldMemes posted:

IRCC, at Magfest 2013, Lordkat allegedly got one of Brad's ex-girlfriends (not Jillian, it was another lady, who was blonde) who had a drinking problem and was upset about her relationship with Brad breaking down, drunk and convinced her to flash her breasts on his stream - apparently he was sober at the time.

Yeah....

:stare:

This comes up on the first page of a Google search for Lordkat, so I can see why he's moving away from it now.

Every time that story comes up it keeps getting a new additional layer of badness. It wasn't just drunken shennanigans, now Lordkat was enabling this lady. And he was sober so that means he was being extra wicked!

I look forward to this story being recounted two years from now where it Lordkat is a Magfest Mass Murderer.

Did somebody above me just say he raped the girl now? Or is there a new incident?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Cyron posted:

rape a drunk girl live on the internet

Wooooaaah now, someone earlier mentioned he got a drunk lady (With a drinking problem?) to flash his stream, which is scummy and gross, but that's a very different thing from what you're claiming.

Edit: Oh I didn't notice it's Cyron. Still, if there was some other event I've apparently missed out on, let fly.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Feb 29, 2016

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
LordKat left with the chick, but there's no evidence he raped her. Cite: Diamanda Hagan ranting about it:

quote:

In case you were wondering LordKat left with the drunk woman before I arrived back. The next day I have a talk with Holly about whether this can affect CA because its turned into a semi-big-ish thing and no, the only way it affects CA is by people asking about it here or people spreading lies about people on CA. Later on I hear there’s a rumour that Lordkat raped the drunk woman. When I hear it I do my best to put it straight. There was NO evidence that LordKat raped anyone. Then I get home from Magfest and am linked to LordKats post-Magfest stream where he decided that I started the rumour and insults me for looking disgusting in the facepaint (Seeing as portly New Yorkers are who I aspire to turn-on I shall be changing my look forthwith).

https://diamandahagan.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/magfest-incident/

I feel like if there was any evidence Hagan would've been on that poo poo given how much the whole ordeal affected her.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Jack Gladney posted:

James Rolfe is great because it's almost like he's broadcasting live from 1993. He kind of acts like he's still a kid and seems to really not know or care about anything that happens on the internet or in pop culture.

Recently him and Mike were playing through Metroid II. He was navigating with a Nintendo Power and Mike was playing. It was just adorable and I could have seen them do this when they were kids as well. And you are absolutely right about him being blind to recent pop culture. It came up and James genuinely had no idea what the term 'grinding' mean in relation to videogames.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Yardbomb posted:

Wooooaaah now, someone earlier mentioned he got a drunk lady (With a drinking problem?) to flash his stream, which is scummy and gross, but that's a very different thing from what you're claiming.

Edit: Oh I didn't notice it's Cyron. Still, if there was some other event I've apparently missed out on, let fly.

Ok i choose my words wrong. I meant to say taken advantage. I just hope we can agree he is scum.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

MrSlam posted:

Even local news is in on it, though I'd be floored if they didn't contact the video owner beforehand at least. They "report" on safe and popular Youtube videos and repost the video on their own local player on their website, and worse, they have the C-list news anchors give an intro and an outro to the video and link the actual video somewhere deep in the article. It's a local news Reaction Video. Every time I hear a trending story about something going viral or a news story about some famous rear end in a top hat making a snide tweet while the anchors chuckle and guffaw I die a little.

Newspapers pull similar poo poo to take images from people by making the story about the "social media reaction"; a friend got some good photos of a major TV show filming some key scenes and the newspapers all were able to publish the photos without permission or compensation by making the story about the social media reaction to the photos. If they posted "sneak peek of ______" they'd have to pay him, but instead it was "twitter abuzz over local photographer's photo" to circumvent that by making the reaction the story, and posting the photo is "fair use" to provide "context".

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Cyron posted:

Ok i choose my words wrong. I meant to say taken advantage. I just hope we can agree he is scum.

He seemed like a fun person to drink beers with, but I don't really understand why people followed him or watched his stuff after he stopped doing Until We Win. A fat man live streaming 24 hours seems like a baffling niche to carve for yourself.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

He seemed like a fun person to drink beers with, but I don't really understand why people followed him or watched his stuff after he stopped doing Until We Win. A fat man live streaming 24 hours seems like a baffling niche to carve for yourself.

He tried to bring back Until We Win on the LP forums awhile back. Then when some people showed distaste at rape jokes he made, he threw a tantrum over it and left.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Wasn't there a time where he let other people do UWW?

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Jsor posted:

LordKat left with the chick, but there's no evidence he raped her. Cite: Diamanda Hagan ranting about it:

https://diamandahagan.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/magfest-incident/

I feel like if there was any evidence Hagan would've been on that poo poo given how much the whole ordeal affected her.

No, but he did feel her up on camera. She didn't just flash the audience, some rear end in a top hat asked at some point "Are those real?" and Lordkat reached out and fondled her, saying "They feel real to me!"

Hence the rape accusations. No, there aren't any direct claims that he raped her, but there sure as poo poo was video evidence that he molested her while she was drunk!

And no more about LordKat from me, I'm done.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Cyron posted:

Next he will be hailed as the two messenger of God!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I can't believe this rear end in a top hat might control the fate of the middle east.

• Locked thread