Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Since unlike Love Live there are more idols than stars in the sky, and because I cannot read moonspeak, I have no idea which idol is available in the pool except the ones that are showcased.

Therefore, I will not pull until Koume or Rocker Chick are showcased.

Look up the Japanese on project-imas, then read through the list until you do or do not recognise it. You only have to look through the Cool list for Koume, and the Passion list for Syoko.

Futaba Anzu posted:

the 2% chance of SSR listed on the gacha page is further divided to be weighted for whatever ssr is currently showcased

I know that was thrown around earlier (it's 1.5%) and it would kind of make sense but that's not actually stated on the page so I'm still sceptical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

but i do have the halloween koume and she is strong

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

Look up the Japanese on project-imas, then read through the list until you do or do not recognise it. You even only have to look through the Cool list for those two.

I know that was thrown around earlier (it's 1.5%) and it would kind of make sense but that's not actually stated on the page so I'm still sceptical.

i got a yuki and miku when they weren't in the showcase and i'm pretty sure yuki was one of the later ssrs added so it's definitely some kind of pool

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

i got a yuki and miku when they weren't in the showcase and i'm pretty sure yuki was one of the later ssrs added so it's definitely some kind of pool

Yeah, I already said it's a pool, I mean I'm sceptical that you have a better chance of getting the showcased idols

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

also koume doesnt have an ss ssr yet, only the orgel sr and a halloween one. and i think holiday var. idols are the only ones that are limited on the gacha because i've never hit on one not on its holiday.

THE gently caress????????

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Legit unacceptable.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What the gently caress happened to this thread, it used to be pretty slow moving but it's gone up like 30 pages in February alone.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

What the gently caress happened to this thread, it used to be pretty slow moving but it's gone up like 30 pages in February alone.

quite a lot of new players and also those two post spammers been up to their posting shenanigans itt as usual

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

quite a lot of new players and also those two post spammers been up to their posting shenanigans itt as usual

I don't appreciate you talking that way about my good friends Can't Elope and Skwee.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
powerful idolaters itt

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

powerful idolaters itt

An idolater is literally one letter away from being an idol hater.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

An idolater is literally one letter away from being an idol hater.

Though I think going the reverse direction is more the theme of the thread.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Polsy posted:

Yeah, I already said it's a pool, I mean I'm sceptical that you have a better chance of getting the showcased idols

It says it on the gacha page, right next to the pink "Idol Information" button.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Though I think going the reverse direction is more the theme of the thread.

panda is probably the only one who fits either criteria anyways.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

THE gently caress????????

you open the door to your apartment after a long day of producing idols and you see this what do you do, i'll tell you what i'd do i'd freak out that zombie got ketchup all over that new fur rug i purchased just a week ago oh god koume why did you do this i spent so much money on that rug

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

you open the door to your apartment after a long day of producing idols and you see this what do you do, i'll tell you what i'd do i'd freak out that zombie got ketchup all over that new fur rug i purchased just a week ago oh god koume why did you do this i spent so much money on that rug

Don't buy an expensive rug then, just buy a cheap rug and spend the money on good things for Koume.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Futaba Anzu posted:

It's just an area rug. They're like $20 at ikea, too.

I should've clicked faces instead of shivering for like three hours goddamn. On the other hand now that I'm slightly less exhausted, I could probably like… do eventy things. Hm.

VVV To be fair, Cat's No. 1 fan is pretty good.

Also oh no, some things are not meant to be charted.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Feb 29, 2016

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

taser rates posted:

It says it on the gacha page, right next to the pink "Idol Information" button.

Oh, haha, yeah, thanks. I stopped looking at that I guess.

Hmm, somewhere around February 14th, you say?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740211&userid=169164&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post456268013

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

Oh, haha, yeah, thanks. I stopped looking at that I guess.

Hmm, somewhere around February 14th, you say?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740211&userid=169164&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post456268013

I'm only responsible for 4 or 5 pages.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also that was Valentine's Day, might have been a bunch of thirsty motherfuckers posting for some idols to escape from the drought (of no idols).

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

the red daily / weekly song that starts with the robotic vocals.

It's really good. It was also the first event song, my SR android AB77 (Abe Nana [nana], ha ha) is my pride and joy. I hadn't even heard it before (actually it turned out it's in the anime, though it's only background music so you can't really hear it) and it's possibly my favourite.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
i started making posts here recently too

also new event thing in SS. 40 stamina to play 4 pro songs? Sweet.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

It's really good. It was also the first event song, my SR android AB77 (Abe Nana [nana], ha ha) is my pride and joy. I hadn't even heard it before (actually it turned out it's in the anime, though it's only background music so you can't really hear it) and it's possibly my favourite.

Oh hey I have a R Abe Nana.

That's her name?

I thought it was Usamin cause she keeps saying that + her idolzied form has rabbit years.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Skwee posted:

i started making posts here recently too

also new event thing in SS. 40 stamina to play 4 pro songs? Sweet.

3, four if you make that shiny extra gauge on the left hit 17+(orange). On the plus side, it won't go down unless you rack up a pretty nasty combo of misses. On the other hand, you don't get a choice.

It's real fun when you get two susume otomes in a row, with their slightly different beatmaps.

Oh hey I have a R Abe Nana.

That's her name?

I thought it was Usamin cause she keeps saying that + her idolzied form has rabbit years.

It's kinda like Clark Kent and Superman.

Don't they both just say "eternally 17"? (she is one of my favorites and I am sad that I was such a lovely robot I couldn't score enough)

This event song sounds kinda heroic. It's nice.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Zenostein posted:

3, four if you make that shiny extra gauge on the left hit 17+(orange). On the plus side, it won't go down unless you rack up a pretty nasty combo of misses. On the other hand, you don't get a choice.

It's real fun when you get two susume otomes in a row, with their slightly different beatmaps.

well it's really easy to get (i think it's 24+) on pro. I've done it twice now.

Also is there some sort of starlight stage idol tracking website where I can note down next to a picture of an idol whether or not i've gotten all of the commu's/idolized them? Would be pretty helpful.

e: I found a google docs spreadsheet. No pictures though, but they are categorized, and in order of what they would appear in in-game.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Feb 29, 2016

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Alright, I think we can all share some responsibility for the February boom. But mostly Zep. Also I have an unhealthy graph addiction.

Skwee posted:

Also is there some sort of starlight stage idol tracking website where I can note down next to a picture of an idol whether or not i've gotten all of the commu's/idolized them? Would be pretty helpful.

e: I found a google docs spreadsheet. No pictures though, but they are categorized, and in order of what they would appear in in-game.

I just open the album and look for anything which isn't a pair, as far as idolising goes. The real killer with communications is not doing all of the ones you have (you can just leave idols in a team until they stop having new ones), but the fact that new ones come out every event/story mission/gacha update and you can't tell unless you go into the list and check.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

Alright, I think we can all share some responsibility for the February boom. But mostly Zep. Also I have an unhealthy graph addiction.

I just open the album and look for anything which isn't a pair, as far as idolising goes. The real killer with communications is not doing all of the ones you have (you can just leave idols in a team until they stop having new ones), but the fact that new ones come out every event/story mission/gacha update and you can't tell unless you go into the list and check.

I don't see my good friend Can't Elope on the list. Also there are worse things to be addicted to, like idols and shitposting.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
this google doc is missing idols. also didn't have a 20k fans column so i had to add that.

Guess I'm gonna spend a few hours editing this.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I don't see my good friend Can't Elope on the list. Also there are worse things to be addicted to, like idols and shitposting.

Oh, thanks, my bad. Now onto more critical tasks, like automating my @deresute_border data collection instead of doing it manually every day or two.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Feb 29, 2016

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

Also I have an unhealthy graph addiction.

i am glad that pols has found his own personal idol gimmick; polsy chan, the spreadsheet obsessed idoru

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
"Spreadsheets? Watashi wa would rather have a spread of sweets desu yo!"

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
How do i get google docs to stop telling me that i am changing something i shouldn't accidentally change every 5 minutes (there is a check box on the notification that disables the notification for 5 minutes.)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Skwee posted:

well it's really easy to get (i think it's 24+) on pro. I've done it twice now.

I made my own spreadsheet. There was a lot of drawing in kanji involved. I'd still have to check in to see if an idol I never use got a commu added. Do not be me, even if the spreadsheet is in a very attractive ivory and green.

Fun fact: pages cannot, under any circumstances, alphabetize in japaneseso far as I know. Although I'd rather give it a bye on the kanji, I guess. Multiples and all that.

Futaba Anzu posted:

i am glad that pols has found his own personal idol gimmick; polsy chan, the spreadsheet obsessed idoru

Vampire's got that poo poo on lock already

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Zenostein posted:

I made my own spreadsheet. There was a lot of drawing in kanji involved. I'd still have to check in to see if an idol I never use got a commu added. Do not be me, even if the spreadsheet is in a very attractive ivory and green.

Fun fact: pages cannot, under any circumstances, alphabetize in japaneseso far as I know. Although I'd rather give it a bye on the kanji, I guess. Multiples and all that.

yeah i am editing one that already exists. The names are in roman characters, and if there is something missing from the list, I am only gonna stick it in there if I have it in my commu menu, so I can tell where it is supposed to go. Not gonna try and figure out Japanese alphabetical order.

also I figured out how to remove the warnings, the person who made the original spreadsheet put protections on stuff, I just removed them.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

One day I'm going to figure out what logic iOS uses for ordering kanji. But (at least in Music) it orders kana in the normal way (aiueo kakikukeko sasisuseso etc)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Decided to do a 10-roll, expecting poo poo.

Say hello to my catgirl idol.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also it's a loving crime, a CRIME, that Natalia isn't voiced.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Ugh, it took me 4 months to get an SSR and it wasn't even a Cute one. I'm mad.

Also it's a loving crime, a CRIME, that Natalia isn't voiced.

:agreed:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

Ugh, it took me 4 months to get an SSR and it wasn't even a Cute one. I'm mad.

:agreed:

To be fair I'm mad too because I'm a Blue person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Comparing the pros and cons of SIF and SS once more.

SIF
+ Simple and easier interface
+ Fast loading times
+ Set number of girls so you know and become attached to every one of them
+ Ability to identify which normies you've already maxed, making it easy to organize and get rid of the ones you don't need
+ Better songs (subjective)
+ Easier to play with thumbs only (subjective)
- Need two copies to idolize
- I can't skip the cutscenes???
- No cute school idol clubroom

SS
+ Only one cover and items needed to idolize, with items being easy to come by via idol office and regular gameplay
+ A lot prettier overall
+ High degree of customization for gameplay, like note speed and colors
+ Free pulls include SR idols (!!!!!)
+ Normies have more personality than SIF's normies
+ Easier interface for stories (namely skip button is painfully clear)
+ Idol office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Hard as hell to play with thumbs (subjective)
- Only a few good songs (subjective)
- Too many idols (subjective)
- A lot of loading, I'm not downloading anymore but loading still takes time
- Prettiness comes at the cost of so many loving menus!!!!