Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

I am not sure if I have done this already: Box art

I like the Goff theme:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/Ork-Tankbustas?_requestid=8923751

theme challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:puckout: OATH COMPLETE :puckout:

Same angle I know, but this is my first attempt at trying a backdrop in my lightbox, wanted to see how it turned out

Needs ironing and less zoom

Tokimon
Mar 29, 2007
Oath complete!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Oath Complete

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath Complete

God that's some awful lighting. Gonna claim leaping/soaring for the flier on its flight stand.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

And the central guy is leaping.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Oath Complete!

First oath I've tried, so forgive the crappy cameraphone shot. Still have to do the base and varnish him, but that can wait until the weather's better. This is the start of my Slaanesh-themed Frostrgrave warband, hopefully the rest of them will have brighter colours!

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
Oath complete!

I didn't think I'd get these done in time, because I put off getting started too long, and then other stuff got in the way leaving me no time to paint. If there hadn't been a february 29th, I'd have failed. I'm not that happy with them, and I might at least redo their shields some day. They'll do for now though.

Anyway, this is most of a II/71 Gepid army for DBA. They were a Germanic people that migrated south from Scandinavia around the 3rd century AD, and ended up fighting for the Goths and later the Huns. When the Huns were defeated, the Gepids briefly held onto a kingdom of their own, which fell in 567.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Oath complete!

I think these are my first official painted jacks and I'm pretty happy with them. Not as fun as painting warbeasts in my opinion but it's nice to slowly paint my whole mercenary force.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

OATH COMPLETE

theme for honour leaping

Germ
May 7, 2013

Germ posted:

Thanks for the points and the kind words, Slimnoid! I've been dreading getting back to my Eldar, so it's nice to hear positive feedback.

I just realized the other judges gave me points, too. Thanks a million! I'll be back in the Eldar saddle as soon as work lets me. I've got a pretty, pretty dress to get ready for the Eldar ball.

:ducksiren: OATH COMPLETE!!! :ducksiren:

The first of many Warlands cars. A hot wheel cards, with lots of GW bits and some resin tires. No journal, though this car WILL be flying through the air next game. I'm also claiming speed painting, if I hadn't claimed it on a previous oath (I forget).

Speed painting evidence:

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete!
Challenge: Leaping!

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Oath Complete!

20x Mantic Zombies!

I followed this guy's technique of painting quick hordes of undead. I had to mix up some colors because I don't have most, but it gets the point across.
http://minijunkie.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/kings-of-war-zombie-horde.html

Feels weird not having the bases done, but whatever. My scenic express order will be in tomorrow (hopefully) and I can try out all those crazy train people stuff.

Theme/Challenge:
Blood and gore! Added bloodletter glaze and tamiya clear red to the mouths and hands of my zombies.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

The Barn Owlbear is leaping for the Theme.

Probably :nws: if you enlarge the thumbnail, the succubus wears her heart on her chest for the Theme.

I wanted to do a non-red demon, and I think the blues and purples came out well.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Oath Complete

Not my best work, but this model did not want to cooperate at all. Bits falling off, paint scraping away, holder falling over and knocking a bunch of zip kicker all over me... But it's done. And it's a-leap! Challenge completed!

JackMann fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 1, 2016

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath Complete! With jurnal!

The Malifaux Necropunks have an ability called Leap which helps them traverse terrain with ease, so it was a natural choice for this month's Jurnal. Only one was in a semi-leaping pose, however, but I made it work by putting him at an angle on a box, as if he was taking off.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Oath Complete!

Kind of feel like I phoned it in this month, due to my day job doing its damnedest to murder me, but oh well. Challenge is the orc's leaping posture.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Oaf Complete - An assortment of mantic minis for use in D&D/pathfinder.

Claiming Leap Day for the whizzard here.

Here's a mirelurk hunter.

And an ethereal.

Weirdo posted:

Speed painting! - A mantic dreadball player used as D&D mini for a cactus man pugilist.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Whales saved!

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Whoops, half the month is already gone and I haven't oathed anything. Also I took these pictures yesterday and forgot to upload them. Double whoops.

I, Lord Hypnostache, for the month of December, oath five Terminators from Space Hulk, a Chapter Master and five Death Cult Assassins. 28mm GW.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I'm also attempting to Save Whales from December. Here's the state these guys are in right now:

Lord Hypnostache fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Mar 1, 2016

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, oath one Reaper Bones Succubus and one Reaper Bones Owlbear for February

OATH ACCEPTED!

Less than 2 hours to go, people!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:November Judging!:siren:

Third Place: Uroboros, 1pt

Nice, crisp, clean lines on these terminators make them stand out. Keep it up! Push for filling in some of the minor details and you'll have some really great-looking dudes to throw down.

Second Place: Nesbit37, 2pts

While everything you painted that month is great, this one really caught my eye. The birch tree pattern looks spot-on, and the orange is a lovely contrast with the bark color.

First Place: Arson Fire, 3pts

The blending on this is some seriously pro-level poo poo, dude. I've always liked the Behemoth paint scheme, and you do it justice with this beastie!

Bonus Point: Zark the Damned, 1pt

Old-school Predators are great. Old-school Predators with flaming skulls are fuckin' rad.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I, Grey Hunter, hearby oath - 1 1915-1918 German Division, plus Corps HQ and assets - 6mm scale Baccus Miniatures.

That's (stealing from the baccus website)

1 HQ of 18 figures
2 companies of advancing infantry each of 4 figures
3 companies of firing infantry each of 4 figures
1 x Pioneer company of 4 figures
2 x 17cm mortars and crew
4 x 150mm Howitzers and crew

1 HQ of 9 figures
3 Regimental HQs each of 4 figures
20 companies of advancing infantry each of 4 figures
20 companies of firing infantry each of 4 figures 1 x Pioneer company of 4 figures
10 MG08 teams
2 squadrons of uhlans of 3 figures
6 x 77mm and crew
3 x 105mm Howitzers and crew
9 x 77mm mortars and crew
2 x 170mm mortars and crew

Aka about 300 miniatures all told. Please trust me and don't try and count them individually.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I, UROBOROS, oath Captain Sicarius.

Also, I feel my third place win is the biggest gap in quality between the the number 1 spot I've seen yet, that Tyranid is epic. Thanks though!

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 2, 2016

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath Jigsaw from Mad Puppet Miniatures (54mm) and Flint from Steamforged games for the month of March

I'm planning to do Jigsaw there in green and purples in a very loose manner. It's gonna be a disaster.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I, jadebullet, oath a demon prince for the month of March.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, under 15, oath the following for March:

One Sin eater observant
one grenzer sniper
one reverend healer

Corvus Belli Infinity, 28mm.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, do oath the following:

A Hunzakut in 28mm from Infinity, and a Dragonborn thugdude from Reaper

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
For March, I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint 1 Alakhai Ascendant and 1 Roganna the Shade. For Warzone Resurrection and Descent 2. Edition respectively.

BobFish
Jan 16, 2004

Believe: The Sequel - This time it really will happen
For March I, BobFish, oath 7 skeletons 28mm, by Wargames Factory.

Hope the timestamp is readable enough.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter, hearby oath - 1 1915-1918 German Division, plus Corps HQ and assets - 6mm scale Baccus Miniatures.
1 HQ of 18 figures
2 companies of advancing infantry each of 4 figures
3 companies of firing infantry each of 4 figures
1 x Pioneer company of 4 figures
2 x 17cm mortars and crew
4 x 150mm Howitzers and crew

1 HQ of 9 figures
3 Regimental HQs each of 4 figures
20 companies of advancing infantry each of 4 figures
20 companies of firing infantry each of 4 figures 1 x Pioneer company of 4 figures
10 MG08 teams
2 squadrons of uhlans of 3 figures
6 x 77mm and crew
3 x 105mm Howitzers and crew
9 x 77mm mortars and crew
2 x 170mm mortars and crew

Aka about 300 miniatures all told. Please trust me and don't try and count them individually.
Eh...I count 286. No good!
j/k!

Uroboros posted:

I, UROBOROS, oath Captain Sicarius.
You're good, just next time please remember that 'American Samoa' needs to be on the screen as well as the time.

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath Jigsaw from Mad Puppet Miniatures (54mm) and Flint from Steamforged games for the month of March

I'm planning to do Jigsaw there in green and purples in a very loose manner. It's gonna be a disaster.

jadebullet posted:

I, jadebullet, oath a demon prince for the month of March.

Under 15 posted:

I, under 15, oath the following for March:

One Sin eater observant
one grenzer sniper
one reverend healer

Corvus Belli Infinity, 28mm.

Signal posted:

I, Signal, do oath the following:
A Hunzakut in 28mm from Infinity, and a Dragonborn thugdude from Reaper

Electric Hobo posted:

For March, I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint 1 Alakhai Ascendant and 1 Roganna the Shade. For Warzone Resurrection and Descent 2. Edition respectively.

BobFish posted:

For March I, BobFish, oath 7 skeletons 28mm, by Wargames Factory.

Hope the timestamp is readable enough.

OATHS ACCEPTED!

I'm hoping I don't have to do the January Oaths for the spreadsheet but that's looking likely. I'll try to get started on those tonight so we can get points and prize draws for January done as soon as possible.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Great news! Thanks to goon Zark the Damned, we are catching up with your Oaths from January and the Judge's points as well! Thanks very much Zark!

Zark is a regular Oather so I hope no one objects to him helping us all out with maintaining the spreadsheet.

I have had other offers of help, and thank you very much, right now I think we're set for volunteers but I will be opening up things as we get close to April and gear up for season SEVEN!!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Just a heads up on progress, I've just finished up the Oaths, Finished Oaths and Cheevos from page 37, I am hoping to get a few more pages done and finish off January tonight. Please let me know if you spot any errors and I'll get them sorted!

EDIT: Just finished page 40 and have started Feb, September's judgements are in too, I'll try get the rest up to date by the weekend.

Slimnoid posted:

Bonus Point: Zark the Damned, 1pt

Old-school Predators are great. Old-school Predators with flaming skulls are fuckin' rad.

Slimnoid posted:

Third Place: Zark the Damned, 1pt

I really wish I'd known about these before I made my own Wights! They 100% look the part, and the freehand on the shoulder pads is top notch.

Cheers! I'm glad you're liking the freehand, I enjoy painting it and really need to do it more often (but most of my current backlog doesn't really have any large surface areas for it :().

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 2, 2016

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin Oath for March 2016 Makeda2, Tiberion, a willbreaker and 2 extoller soulwards.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Thanks, Zark, Krushgroove, and other volunteers for keeping this going.

I've made huge strides as a painter over the last 3 years. I wouldn't be the painter I am today without the oath thread. Your work is appreciated.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

I, Cat Face Joe, oath for March one Fusilier and one dronebot, both Infinity 28mm by Corvus Belli.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath this plastic DZC Scourge box (10mm) from Hawk Wargames:

Germ
May 7, 2013

What an oath! What a lovely oath!

I, Germ, Oath to paint these 6 heavily converted Hot Wheel cars (20mm or 1/72 or thereabouts) in the month of March

My local club's Warlands campaign has been epic, and my warband is currently top of the heap. I have to paint them up to represent!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Tokimon posted:

Oath complete!

Just noticed this as I'm going back through the thread, you haven't added your username to the pics. This season's rules changes made it a requirement in order to get your points! Either edit this post with new images or post a new oath completion, either way I'll update your Feb entry when done.

JackMann posted:

Oath Complete

Not my best work, but this model did not want to cooperate at all. Bits falling off, paint scraping away, holder falling over and knocking a bunch of zip kicker all over me... But it's done. And it's a-leap! Challenge completed!

You've got 2 oath completions for February - in the future, please post all your finished models in the last post (even if you've already done a 'progress' post) as it makes it easier to keep track of your Oaths.

(your not the only one but this is the first example I found when having a quick look).

:siren: The Spreadsheet is now Up To Date! :siren:

Or at least it should be. Everyone please double check your info and let me know if anything's been missed, especially achievements, oath completions and jurnal points!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gyczYXjiTMPxtFrjYiqm1qJIQmj5hjevoWPDwos354w/

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Mar 4, 2016

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
R.S. Gumby would like to oath another small DBA army: the Alan, 24 models by Forged in Battle, 15 mm scale, plus their camp.

So, I'm continuing to paint figures for DBA. This time it's for a rather silly army: II/58 Alan.
It is one of few armies that can be played with only one troop type (in this case Light Horse), so that's what I'll paint; 12 units of Light Horse. The army does have other options, but should mix well with the Gepids painted last month, so I can use them for the optional troops. Good thing, because an army of only Light Horse is probably terrible.

I'm also making a camp for them. A semi-permanent stockade camp of sorts, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Zark the Damned posted:

:siren: The Spreadsheet is now Up To Date! :siren:

Or at least it should be. Everyone please double check your info and let me know if anything's been missed, especially achievements, oath completions and jurnal points!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gyczYXjiTMPxtFrjYiqm1qJIQmj5hjevoWPDwos354w/

Missing my saved whales on the alternate universe tab

• Locked thread