Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CVE posted:

Crashing this badly over the course of a month and change is actually amazing. The Hippos died because Mantle died early in the season and pretty much everyone poo poo the bad and my other teams just weren't that good. This time I went from a division contender to a dumpster fire even quicker. On top of that I'm scared of the gauntlet it has never been kind to me.

Well lets see how things will end up.

I had a loving atrocious July. I think both of our teams under performed and the Storm have been a little bit lucky so the division hasn't been close.

I am not feeling good about the gauntlet either :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

CVE posted:

Crashing this badly over the course of a month and change is actually amazing. The Hippos died because Mantle died early in the season and pretty much everyone poo poo the bad and my other teams just weren't that good. This time I went from a division contender to a dumpster fire even quicker. On top of that I'm scared of the gauntlet it has never been kind to me.

Well lets see how things will end up.

Clearly, the right way to proceed is to trade me all the speedy players on your team for Ted Williams, Nap Lajoie and noted Gauntlet Good Luck Charm Cool Papa Bell, survive the Gauntlet forever because you have Cool Papa Bell, and trade Ted Williams for good things to redesign your team with.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Playoffs! Paige is currently scheduled to pltch the last game of the season, so, keep note of that.

So I should bump him one to make sure he's fully rested for game one playoffs right?

SP1 Juan Marichal
SP2 Satchel Paige
SP3 Walter Johnson
SP4 Deacon Philippe
SP5 Joe McGinnity

LR Larry Jackson

Thank you Smasher.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

The wildcard game is on the 30th, so, kind of both.

Okay, thanks. I just wanted to be sure that when September call ups end Cy Young, finding himself in the minors at age 36, wouldn't decide to retire in the first couple of days of October or something.

Go Marmosets!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Doc White spells Dihigo at SP1
Mickey Mantle replaces Mickey Mantle vs RHP

I'll figure out playoff rosters tomorrow.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

TheMcD posted:

noted Gauntlet Good Luck Charm Cool Papa Bell, survive the Gauntlet forever

You mean the starting centerfielder for relegated team Zombie Llamas? do not trust this man cve

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Oh man. This stupid division race has been going on since the whole thing started. I think Mentholmoose pointed out we've been within a couple games of each other for like 80% of the season.

And it sucks because now I can't give Eddie Collins sensible rest, because winning the division and skipping the wild card game is about as important as having a rested Eddie Collins...ugh.

Make Edd Roush DH
Make Emmet Heidrick CF
They keep their current spots in the lineup

:ohdear:

(and how does one get raked to death? That sounds insanely hard to accomplish)

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Pander posted:

(and how does one get raked to death? That sounds insanely hard to accomplish)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WZLJpMOxS4

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

For the Upstate Highlanders

Put Dizzy Dean into the rotation and send Halladay to the minors.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
final week of the EC simmed

preview:

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Expansion Cup: September (Last Week)

Analysis:
Almost done tanking!

Analysis:
Joe Torre, was good.

Analysis:
Better teams have done worse in the EC, to be fair.

Analysis:
Came up short in September, no harm no foul.

Analysis:
Hey at least the bullpen is good!

Analysis:
That was anticlimactic.

Analysis:
May you now be McFreeze's problem.

Analysis:
This team is fun and I hope to see more of it.

Analysis:
:effort:

Analysis:
Look! At least now you don't have to suffer the ignominy of dying to a rain-soked dog!

EC Owners!
Check into the thread at some point! Or else we'll assume you were demoralized enough to give up!

Dispersal Draft Pick Order! Until you trade it to an Experienced Owner who will Rip You The gently caress Off!
Small Market Superstars (50-112)
Idaho Potatoes (72-90)
Dusty Baker's Base Cloggers (73-89)
Cuyahoga Flame (77-85)
Seattle Cagey Bees (80-82)
Omaha Forgettables (81-81)
Glacier Werebears (86-76)
Your Dad's Beer League Team (91-71) :( :(
Loser Of The Finals
Winner Of The Finals (to be Given Up For A Custom Player, if They Know What's Good For Them)

CraigK fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 29, 2016

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Congratulations to the Base Cloggers for having everybody underperform well enough to draft a Ruth/Williams calibre player. That team is going to be good in the Sub-Par.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Yaya posted:

Congratulations to the Base Cloggers for having everybody underperform well enough to draft a Ruth/Williams calibre player. That team is going to be good in the Sub-Par.

I'm not even sure they underperformed. 2b and 3b were dumpster fires, as expected. The bullpen was hot garbage, which happens sometimes.

But yeah. You now have a great draft pick.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...
Checking in, demoralized more by the challenge of phone-reading this thread than by the predictable garbage fire that has been the Cuyahoga Flames. Nowhere for that pitching to go but up! (Nowhere for Torre to go but down?)

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

McDowell back in at #5. Olerud to 1B, Rolen to 3B. Move Simmons back to LF.

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

Yaya posted:

Thank you. I'm excited for the next adventure of dumping the undesirables.

Also can this count as my check in post for the purpose of not forfeiting my really high draft pick?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Im so mad

I demand a recount, I demand justice!

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 29, 2016

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

tadashi posted:

For the Upstate Highlanders

Put Dizzy Dean into the rotation and send Halladay to the minors.

Just want to make sure this doesn't get lost in the EC madness

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

CraigK posted:

EC Owners!
Check into the thread at some point! Or else we'll assume you were demoralized enough to give up!

I haven't given up, I just ran out of things I wanted to experiment with.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

SO.

I have a hypothetical question for Smasher:

Is it possible for me to give up my guaranteed survival from the tag titles to somebody? Let's say somebody in the Sub Par League. :v:

Not as a trade or anything. That seems hosed up.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

HulkaMatt posted:

SO.

Is it possible for me to give up my guaranteed survival from the tag titles to somebody? Let's say somebody in the Sub Par League. :v:

You know, you can still end up in last.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Believe me I am well aware.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
Idaho checking in. I'm just glad we didn't lose 100.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

HulkaMatt posted:

SO.

As funny as it would be for me to allow that, and then relegate your team and laugh at your for days and days and days, the answer is no.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Gotcha.

Good luck Goog !!!

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
The Hoboken Zephyrs didn't gently caress it up, and are the Vae Victis Division Champions!

Also, I have an extra spot to fill in the next Super-League because I'm only taking one team from the EC, and I'm in a bit of a pickle, but more to come on that tomorrow.

Super-League XVIII Week 26 Injury Report

Oklahoma City Bombers
Babe Ruth (OF) (This actually is going to turn out to be even more painful than it seems!) - 4 days

Rockford Losers
Barry Bonds (OF) (Frustration!) - 3 days

Pick 'em: Twist Ending

Intercontinental Championship
Portland Panderers (c) @ Kobe Crows

Television Championship
South Bolton Eazy W's @ Oklahoma City Bombers (c)

Hardcore and Larkin-Downing Championships
Mitchell Kernels (c) @ Glastonbury Knights

Canadian Value Tri-Pak
RCMP (c) @ Hoboken Zephyrs

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Television Championship

Canadian Value Tri-Pak

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Judging by the lack of despondence on Smasher's part, I'll assume that the Space Fish failed to win out while the Rakers and Hol Horses played to the exact combination of wins and losses necessary for a 3-way wildcard tie.

That's good. I think you've written quite enough :)

ps: Congrats, TheMcD! You are an inspiration to teams with clone-filled rotations everywhere!

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

FairGame posted:

Judging by the lack of despondence on Smasher's part, I'll assume that the Space Fish failed to win out while the Rakers and Hol Horses played to the exact combination of wins and losses necessary for a 3-way wildcard tie.

That's good. I think you've written quite enough :)

ps: Congrats, TheMcD! You are an inspiration to teams with clone-filled rotations everywhere!

Oh, we have tie-breaker problems, just not that tie-breaker problem.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
I've always said "numbers of Marks Grace" is a serviceable tiebreaker.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

The Merry Marauder posted:

I've always said "numbers of Marks Grace" is a serviceable tiebreaker.

I vote that "numbers of sadly unappreciated lefthanded 1b that played most of their career in the 90s" be an official tiebreaker, yeah.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
pickem
Knights and Ws win
Others retain

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Oh, we have tie-breaker problems, just not that tie-breaker problem.

I ended up losing 6 games and am once again in a tie with the Rakers, huh?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

ForeverBWFC posted:

I ended up losing 6 games and am once again in a tie with the Rakers, huh?

No, I just forgot that you hadn't officially clinched your division last week. But you did so this week. and your Pete Alexander will be ready for your series against the Doom.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Oklahoma City Bombers
Babe Ruth (OF) (This actually is going to turn out to be even more painful than it seems!) - 4 days

FairGame posted:

I vote that "numbers of sadly unappreciated lefthanded 1b that played most of their career in the 90s" be an official tiebreaker, yeah.

Yes, I agree with this.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Pick'em

Champs retain till the bitter end.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Television Championship

Canadian Value Tri-Pak

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Triple-H I can accept you not getting a wildcard but please don't gently caress it up :ohdear:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Champs retain.

Panderers retain. All other champs lose.

Assuming Panderers & OKC are going to have a tiebreaker.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 1, 2016

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Monathin posted:

Triple-H I can accept you not getting a wildcard but please don't gently caress it up :ohdear:

I look forward to losing our series 3-1 tomorrow, and then losing a tiebreaker for the second wildcard to you as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

If this happens I'm going to loving laugh until I actually die because holy poo poo do the Horses not deserve it