Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i lost my danganronpa cart

im v sad rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

They're totally going to pull an Axiom Verge - tell people "the Vita port's coming, just wait a little longer" for six months, then pretend there never was a port.

Still bitter about that game.

Also I really want to like Steins;Gate, but it felt like my choices didn't match up to what was actually happening in the story. Is there some way to preview your choice before you send it that I wasn't able to find? I really hated selecting an keyword in an e-mail, seeing the response I was about to send was not at all what I wanted to send to that person but having no option to go back and change it.

Popular Human fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 29, 2016

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Skullgirls 2nd Encore also went to undetermined delay last week after showing off a video of what they submitted to Sony at the end of January

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Popular Human posted:

They're totally going to pull an Axiom Verge - tell people "the Vita port's coming, just wait a little longer" for six months, then pretend there never was a port.

At least that wasn't a great loss.

Popular Human posted:

Also I really want to like Steins;Gate, but it felt like my choices didn't match up to what was actually happening in the story. Is there some way to preview your choice before you send it that I wasn't able to find? I really hated selecting an keyword in an e-mail, seeing the response I was about to send was not at all what I wanted to send to that person but having no option to go back and change it.
Just assume that Okarin is going to be an rear end whenever he responds to an email. And no, there really isn't.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Popular Human posted:

This camcorder footage of an "alpha" means it's totally coming you guys!
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/22/new-footage-available-ps-vita-version-axiom-verge-coming-soon/

And you know despite all this it's still gonna sell more than whatever darling JRPG of the month we get.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Popular Human posted:

Sadly no, though most of the time it doesn't really matter what you reply with. Well I mean it can and will affect the ending for a few moments but you're probably going to wind up using a guide for getting that anyway because it's not like the replies are really indicative of you actually doing something different/special. So most of the time your replies are just for flavor and maybe occasionally an achievement or two.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Help Im Alive posted:

It's so strange that they thought the 3G Vita would be a good idea.

Well, don't forget Xperia Play, Playstation Mobile, the Backtouch (only useful for Tearaway), Proprietary Memory Cards and the half-assed implementations of Near and Gift.

Not to forget that Sony dropped Vita support only a bit slower than they dropped Playstation Move support (seriously guys, tripping from Move into Vita I'd be wary of buying a Morpheus, even if the PS4 itself was a good purchase).

Sony abandoned the portable space (how can you blame them?) but if anything they would need to give it a Cerny treatment if they wanted to introduce a new portable.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Literally The Worst posted:

im v sad rn

Condolences.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Thanks for the 3G feedback. I guess I'll forego those ones since I have no interest in using that feature.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Literally The Worst posted:

im v sad rn

Physical media claims another victim. drat.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I mean it's not really the kind of game you go back and replay

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It can be. It's like any other visual novel, give it time and it's like re-reading a good book.

e: assuming the material's story is good, but for most maybe dangan ronpa's isn't

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 29, 2016

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Dehry posted:

If the Japanese developers no longer are required to support it, they'll probably drop it fast and start doing games using the touch panels again. What a great day for titty games.

Great for people who want meme games, bad for people who just want their game to work on their device :shrug:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

don't call my lifestyle a meme.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Just finished Steins;Gate. It was awesome and definitely what I needed after suffering through the miserable garbage known as Danganronpa 2. The story was surprisingly straightforward and somewhat predictable, but the writing and character development kept things going from going stale. There were a few cool twists and concepts thrown in, but it was just as satisfying as ZE:VLR without the insane and unpredictable ending shenanigans.

Hope the sequel doesn't take 6 years to get translated, but looking at a quick summary it seems more like a side-story than a sequel.

the truth fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 29, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

You may want to have a look at the anime as well. You know the story, but it's definitely well-made and nice to see them fully animated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDsCNz3pWUg

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I saw that it's on Hulu, but they only have the first four episodes in English. I'll probably check it out at some point.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

the truth posted:

I saw that it's on Hulu, but they only have the first four episodes in English. I'll probably check it out at some point.

It is well worth it. Mithaldu suggested it to me a few years ago because he knows my taste in many things and it quickly took a place in my top 15 of all time series.

Considering i have been an active collector as long as I have been, that is an achievement.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

ayukawa posted:

It is well worth it. Mithaldu suggested it to me a few years ago because he knows my taste in many things and it quickly took a place in my top 15 of all time series.

Considering i have been an active collector as long as I have been, that is an achievement.
Pure stroke of luck. :haw:

Regarding the Vita TV's cease of shipment:

Tech blog AV Watch quoted Sony as follows:
http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20160229_745907.html

Sony Computer Entertainment posted:

現状、PS4が販売好調で、Vitaも日本国内で好調となっており、一定の役割を果たした
which roughly translates to:

Sony Computer Entertainment posted:

The fact that currently the PS4 sales are strong, and that the Vita sales are strong in Japan, played a certain role in the decision.
So while this is bad news for the TV, there's a nice bit for the Vita in there.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Vita means life

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

Mithaldu posted:

Just assume that Okarin is going to be an rear end whenever he responds to an email. And no, there really isn't.

That just kills it for me. I know the choices probably don't matter for anything in the long run, but to me it feels like playing The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us if your response was just randomized every time. I want to feel like I have at least a tiny bit of say in what choices my character makes, even if it is just an illusion.

HGH posted:

This camcorder footage of an "alpha" means it's totally coming you guys!
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/2...ge-coming-soon/

And you know despite all this it's still gonna sell more than whatever darling JRPG of the month we get.

Well speak of the devil. Also lol, they finally have an alpha running a year after the original game out. I regret wasting my money on that game.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

At least he did release a list of things he's working on.

http://www.axiomverge.com/blog/vita-status-update

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i love my vita tv and they're bitches and fuckers gently caress them

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i should just get a ps3 and be done with it i guess

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Megalixir posted:

Great for people who want meme games, bad for people who just want their game to work on their device :shrug:

Meme games.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

Popular Human posted:

That just kills it for me. I know the choices probably don't matter for anything in the long run, but to me it feels like playing The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us if your response was just randomized every time. I want to feel like I have at least a tiny bit of say in what choices my character makes, even if it is just an illusion.

They do make a difference, but early in the game Okarin does not realize how his Chunni behavior is making things worse.
That is part of the entire point of the game. To first illustrate how one can be so caught up in their own ego and delusions that they do not realize the collateral damage they can do until it is too late.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

atelier eschatology is really good and i bet itd be even better on the ps3

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Baal posted:

Vita means life

i felt this way last night when i was playing disgaea 3 and did a hostile approval

i was like "who the gently caress you think you are, denying my ninja? this ain't my first rodeo, bitch"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

atelier eschatology is really good and i bet itd be even better on the ps3

Eh. It runs better but has a somewhat worse translation, fewer features and Wilbel, Katla and Micie are for-pay DLC while Nio is just a nonplayable shopkeep. Outside of the poo poo framerate the Plus versions are the universally better ones.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Should I get another Vita TV in case Vita TV prices go up?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TV means hometown

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Popular Human posted:

You have more of a say in what happens at some key moments in the second half of the game. The main character is a weirdo for the first part of the game, so it wouldn't make sense for him to act like a normal person. He's definitely not some voiceless avatar for the player. The emails can be ignored unless you are going for the true ending or getting trophies.

Virtually no Telltale game or visual novel that I have played gives the player any real agency, so I don't know what you were expecting. There is a predefined story with set character arcs, so there can't be that much deviation.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Butt Ghost posted:

No point, they're everywhere. There's probably like three or four of them collecting dust in the bottom of a cabinet at a Walmart near you.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

I don't think this is going to make prices go anything but down

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
VitaTV prices are already pretty rock-bottom at least in the US. Honestly if it wasn't for the lack of 1080p, I might be inclined to buy one to replace my aging Roku3 but alas~

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

bloodychill posted:

VitaTV prices are already pretty rock-bottom at least in the US. Honestly if it wasn't for the lack of 1080p, I might be inclined to buy one to replace my aging Roku3 but alas~

Your Roku 3 can do more things than a PSTV, aside from the "Plays Vita Games" function. Netflix never came over to the device.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

bloodychill posted:

There's a lot more that it lacks compared to Roku than 1080p.

poo poo, what video can you even play on it? Crunchyroll, Crackle, right? Maybe Snagfilms? I think that's it.

edit: super beaten

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Dehry posted:

Your Roku 3 can do more things than a PSTV, aside from the "Plays Vita Games" function. Netflix never came over to the device.

I never looked at the whitelist but I assumed it could play a lot of PSX and PSP games, which has some appeal. But yeah, no Netflix and no Plex means it's a no-go.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/02/29/psp-playstation-store-access-march-31-north-america/

PSP Owners: You have one month left to use your PSP to download games. Afterwards, you're stuck with using the web store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm fairly sure I'm already stuck with the web store for anything that isn't the PS4.

It's weird they are doing this on NA two years after they shut it down in Europe, though.