Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Chantilly Say posted:

Is there any special location to catch an octopus? I'm kinda wandering around now between different locations on the beach hoping to get one.

You get it from the sea during the day in Summer. Not available any other time.

Icedude posted:

Are some fish locked by which type of rod you're using, like how Pokemon does it? So if I'm using the bamboo rod, some fish just wont appear at all?
:laugh:

Nope! Just some fish only appear at night or when it's raining, or only for certain seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Another question!

What's better in the longer run for level 5 of farmer, Rancher or Tiller?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Cicadas! posted:

Another question!

What's better in the longer run for level 5 of farmer, Rancher or Tiller?

Rancher was updated to include Artisans, so def rancher

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Neat, thanks.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Guys, complete the boiler room community center bundles ASAP. The reward is so useful. The minecarts at the bus stop, mines, and blacksmith's are repaired and allow fast-travel between them

Its not too hard to do. Just gotta get down to level 80+ on the mines in order to get fire quartz (unless you get lucky with omni geodes I guess).

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
What happens if you help jojacorp take over the town?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Magres posted:

What happens if you help jojacorp take over the town?

Meth addiction inevitably follows as unemployment skyrockets.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Word in the thread is, Joja sells everything for money if you don't want to do the community center bundles. But I know their seeds cost more.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

AG3 posted:

You deliver it to a statue in an area north west of the wizard tower in exchange for a purple star fruit thingy (which boosts your max energy). You need either the steel or gold axe (can't remember which) to enter the area though because a hollow tree trunk is blocking the way. When you talk to the statue it says something about "still searching for the sweetest taste", just give it the fruit like a gift.

Incidentally, this area has multiple tree stumps that can be farmed for hardwood, as well as foraging stuff sometimes. There's also a bunch of slimes there, so bring a weapon. Oh, and there's water there, but I'm not sure if you can fish something special out of it because I forgot to try. I'll have to give it a shot once I get off work.

you can, in fact, get a unique fish there that is required for a bundle :eng101:

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

How do you put bait onto your fishing rod? No combinations of clicking the two items or myself seems to work.

Also I'm in summer now and the constant buzzing sound, with the ocasional buzz close to your ear is actually really bothering me.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow I'm glad I made two scare crows close before the patch

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
On the bright side, the run speed boost (and no penalty for diagonal movement) feels amazing

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

So how do I use the silo? have some hay in it but cant find out how to get it out..

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
Right click on the hay trough thing inside your coops and it will automatically put the amount you need in your inventory

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
It sucks that the Rarecrows don't count crows scared. I liked to have an imaginary scarecrow competition going on.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.

:quagmire:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

So if Abigail is clearly best waifu, who is best husbando?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
on this game vs. rune factory, I love RF4 to death but I'm really glad the actual setup/farming part of Stardew is much more deliberate and in-depth. they are pretty different styles of farmgame, which is Cool and Good. I am a little disappointed with Stardew's townies in comparison, but the huge amount of awesome stuff you can do with your farm is so much better it's hard to complain

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Has anyone upgraded their hoe to gold? I'm having some CTD issues due to.... something, and I'm trying to pinpoint exactly what.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Genocyber posted:

Clint.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Genocyber posted:

clearly Gunther, the Prairie King

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Genocyber posted:

the quarterback who peaked in high school

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Alex is absurdly easy to please. I just give him flowers and preserves and he loves it. Almost as easy as the mountain hobo.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

linus is easy to please because he lives in a tent and most things are better than throwing rocks at the tent

i really want to get him a shack built

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Johnny Joestar posted:

linus is easy to please because he lives in a tent and most things are better than throwing rocks at the tent

i really want to get him a shack built

I really hope you can, he's legit one of my fave characters in the game

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I just hit a weird bug where no clicks or shifts will work after art girl tells me about her art show. Can I avoid this by pressing enter and its like having a lingering reeling effect in the big Fall Holiday or am I screwed?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Shirec posted:

I really hope you can, he's legit one of my fave characters in the game

I have no opinion on Linus but my favorite character so far is Pam because she's such an accurate depiction of trailer trash

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

The White Dragon posted:

I have no opinion on Linus but my favorite character so far is Pam because she's such an accurate depiction of trailer trash

motherfucker acts just like one of my aunts it's so painfully real

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Can you drag chickens outside at all and if so how does one manage that?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Pam trailer trash, penny trailer treasure

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Do you get a way to cut grass or something? It bothers me so much that I can't pave a gravel road that goes along the bottom edge of my farm. There's 1 tile right in front of my door with some grass that makes the tile invalid to put down.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Xtanstic posted:

Do you get a way to cut grass or something? It bothers me so much that I can't pave a gravel road that goes along the bottom edge of my farm. There's 1 tile right in front of my door with some grass that makes the tile invalid to put down.

use your scythe

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

Scythe which makes hay if you have a silo. Otherwise the sword will just destroy it for you

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

LibbyM posted:

How do you put bait onto your fishing rod? No combinations of clicking the two items or myself seems to work.

Left click bait, right click onto rod. It needs to be a Fiberglass or Iridium rod, though.

You can remove the bait by right clicking the rod.

Harmburger posted:

Scythe which makes hay if you have a silo. Otherwise the sword will just destroy it for you

I think that grass is part of the tile and can't be dealt with.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Alaan posted:

Can you drag chickens outside at all and if so how does one manage that?

Not sure if this is what you're asking; if you click on the little shutter to the right of the door, you can let the chickens out and they'll go back in when it's nighttime. I would recommend building a pen before doing so to keep them corralled.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Ulvirich posted:

Not sure if this is what you're asking; if you click on the little shutter to the right of the door, you can let the chickens out and they'll go back in when it's nighttime. I would recommend building a pen before doing so to keep them corralled.

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Psykmoe posted:

My envy for your patched runspeed and working saves on skill-up days makes me realize I should have known better than to buy a new release on GOG.

at least you dont have to deal with the hassle of launching it from steam!

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

my wedding with abigail is in a few days so im curious to know what marriage specifically adds while i wait for my power to come back on

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Slave labor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
Soooooooo... the Scarecrow is reduced?

Is it area or radius? Cuz I thought it was like the sprinkler and the original 20 squares is dinky.

The text needs to be more specific and/or the wiki needs updating