Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Spiros posted:

Warwick is still played? All I do is buy qss and proceed to ignore him

I generally don't care WHO the jungler is, because fart noises, but any jungler that can't help his struggling laner pre 6 is great because I am extremely mean to the other laner.

Warwick actually showed up at level 4 to try to help but the Malphite was already low enough that I didn't care that they were both there. It was kind of sad for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I feel like at bronze wards are even more useful though. Jungle pathing, lane match ups,lane freezing, objective timers and towers, literally anything that isn't "HERE IS A WARD SEE THE ENEMY CHAMPION?" In bronze is almost useless.

At that elo it's not about how to react, it's just literally giving them an indicator on their map so they see it.they probably won't properly back off or push where they should, but at least they'll see it.

I can see that I guess. However I think your assessment of bronze is wrong. Pure mechanical skill on a solo laner(or even a marksman) can win games single handedly in bronze and it's why I hate hating period in bronze say they main the role because I think it's a waste of someone who wants to win games and instead puts themself into a position where their games get decided by chance

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

But seriously any game in my own elo I just don't respect anyone on the other team and it causes me problems sometimes and I actually want to get better at this dumb game. I learn from playing with plat friends but since I am usually the worst person in those games it's a very different experience than when I play by myself.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I made it up to 71 lp yesterday. After a series of horrific crushing losses I'm down to 9lp again. I will never leave B5.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
What the gently caress site is that

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

God drat I am bad at video games

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

TastyLemonDrops posted:

The thing is, they don't see it. Even if you removed the fog of war completely for them, they wouldn't bother looking at it. You are vastly overestimating the ability of true bronze players.

I was a true bronze player (and still am, working my way back to low silver)

You underestimate how much some random player will spam the danger ping so they can say "wtf I pinged trash team"

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

You start red trinket, which means you have no vision at all until you buy a sightstone which isn't great. You start W which sounds weird/bad

At the start of laning you keep standing way behind your ADC, providing like zero threat at all letting the caitlyn and malph just eat her alive with poke. You the start to walk up after she's already pretty low meaning she can't really help you/follow up.

After your ADC dies and both enemy laners back, you stay in lane soaking up the XP/CS at the tower which is fine I guess, but then you continue to stay with zero sustain available at 1/3 HP meaning you're not going to be able to fight anyway. Should have backed shortly after the enemy did and bought some potions and like a pink ward. Then you leave anyway now forcing your already behind ADC to 2v1 until you get back

Good hook on jinx when she's way out of position when malphite is in the river, but then you both flash after her to kill her putting you in a huge minion wave that leads to you guys taking a lot of damage while fighting malphite which almost gives him a double kill

Later, same poo poo. Cait's out of position being up so far without malph so you engage on her which is good, but then you both blow exhaust and heal and Cait doesnt use anything and still lives so that was kind of a waste. Then when Malphite gets back you go to ward deep in the river so they start to engage on Jinx. Malphite follows her all the way to tower and cait even stops to ult but instead of looking at your minimap or whatever and trying to help you go to ward their tribrush. You then proceed to kill the pink while jinx is backing so they come back and try to kill your dumbass. You then miss a hook to try and get out and instead of just running in the same direction either towards your mid or into your jungle since they dont have any hard cc at this point to really try and stop you, you instead run back through them to try to get to your tower and die. At least you got the pink

You respawn with 500 gold and dont upgrade your relic shield or buy pots. Don't do that

They bush strat you guys, I guess not really much you could have done, but then you continue to try to fight them after Jinx gets blown up which almost leads to a double kill

Good roam from ahri and amumu, you miss your flash which is funny but whatever

Jinx backs, you start to go mid (to follow malphite i guess? you're both just going to an empty lane) and instead of doing something useful like dropping a ward or 2 into or around the enemy jungle you just go right to the minion wave to E it and take some CS. You guys then force a fight without knowing where rest of the enemy team is when there has been plenty of time since they were fight top to back and come mid, so you lose a 4v3 (5v3 with GP ult). They take 2 towers from this, and when you spawn you just run mid into the once again empty lane and start just solo pushing the lane. Stop doing this when you could be doing anything else. You lost both mid towers which really opens the map up for the enemy team. If you hover over your sightstone and it says "0/3 WARDS PLACED", go place a ward or something.

Like immediately after this you die in your jungle because you walk into 3 people that you could have seen had you been warding the entrances/exits of your jungle instead of doing something not useful

It is 19 minutes and your team has 1 ward on the map, and it's about to expire. You start to get some wards down, which is good. Then you come across a pink ward and stop to kill it when you're really out deep by yourself and have to blow flash because the other team starts to collapse.

Only a little bit later you don't kill the pink despite the enemy team being all accounted for and it being a good time to do it, so GP teleports to it when he spawns which leads to jinx dying but the rest of your team comes and you guys have a little skirmish that you end up ultimately winning. Nasus attempts to do his first useful thing all game, but teleports way too late.

Just more stupid poo poo with people overstaying, and then trying to pick a fight with malphite and elise when you have maybe 1/5 hp

Everyone on your team is at least level 10, no upgraded trinkets

You guys lose 2 turrets to an elise split push, and nasus dies because he way over commits by chasing gp to his tier turrets without any vision

You then do dragon while the enemy team pushes top, then chase elise and gp while the rest of their team takes an inhib

The enemy team takes baron, you get aced, and then /ff

You weren't the only person loving up, but yeah

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Arrgytehpirate posted:

40+ wards seems like so many. I'll start giving pinks a try and try and remember to constantly refresh my sightstone wards. 14 is a long way from 40.

Yeah, 40 could probably be toned down if I were a bit more efficient, but they're a renewable resource so if you have a back timing anyway, may as well get vision first! Also, wards cleared is an important number as well, always try and sweep when it's up.

e: Also, one thing I've been working on is, during the milling about periods pre-objectives, going back more often to refresh SS even if I don't have a big purchase, without doing so the lack of vision limits your playmaking more than backing.

Also, i started writing words about your win that ended up just being 5 minutes of comments, but maybe it'll help a bit:

So, pre minions spawning, stand in the river so you can see both jungle entrances, either in the bush to the left of dragon pit or just in front of the blue buff. Standing in your tri you give them a ton of routes to invade -- where you guys were standing they could have done any number of simple invades -- one standard one is walking down mid lane to the bush, then coming in from the left, through the banana bush and into the bush between blue and gromp. Where you guys were, they could have gotten there and killed you/kindred/blown SS for free. Always make sure that you're doing something early!

Also, for runes you might consider flat hp instead of ap or mpen (I'm not quite sure what your runes are); you probably don't want to rune for damage on Naut. If it's a 2 rune page thing, then go ahead though.

1:40, Kindred is late, which sucks, but try not to tank Gromp. Let Ashe kite it, hit it once so it's stunned while using your w to absorb damage, and then go to lane. It'll get you there faster to push for level 2 (which you want to do ASAP!) and let you contest your lane better at level 1/2, which can make or break a lane.

At 2 minutes, they should have been able to punish you for going for cs with their minion lead, and forced you to wait for a wave (which wouldn't have denied you any cs), but instead they back up and let you get you relic procs off. At this point you can probably auto the wave and shove back safely, using the lane bush to manage minion aggro. They have an exhaust, but no flash on Maokai and no heal on Ez so you have the advantage in a fight.

At 2:18, the 2nd wave hits and Maokai just uses his e, and they won't hit 2 for a few more minions. They have no cc, you should walk up and hit them with your passive/w -- ez has no essence shift and Maokai has no flash, so you can either get a solid trade or at least contest level 2.

2:32 ish -- don't stand behind your adc! stand up with the minions and threaten damage/cc to give her space to farm, and punish them for not choosing any cc early and going silly summoners. Your role is to give space for your adc, and enable trades, which you can't do positioned back.

2:38 Ashe does a dumb thing, tanking abilities and minions for no reason, but it's probably correct to help with shield and body block while she gets to a less terrible spot. Ez went up too far, still doesn't have e, and you could have walked up, tanked sapling with shield, and forced him to either fight in your minion line or back off, as well as saved a lot of hp on your Ashe.

2:48, you go for a hook on Maokai, which you luckily miss. Your Ashe is at 200 hp, and you're positioning yourself so you won't get minion suport, but the Ez can jump on your Ashe if he wants to, or collapse on you 2v1 and just kill you while your Ashe hangs back with no hp. There were good points to go in earlier, but that one would have ended poorly (especially because, even if they backed up, you would have lost the trade off of minion aggro either way). Don't engage into big minion waves! All that said, IF he's out of position no flash maokai is definitely an easy target, but ideally you would do that when your Ashe could respond and Ez didn't have an easy angle to q/auto.

3:10 -- stand in front of your Ashe -- Ezreal was behind your minions, and if you cc'd him with an auto he wouldn't have been able to chunk her and she could have gotten off a decent trade before retreating (your role would have been to auto w auto and back up tanking with shield before minions joined the fight). You start doing a good job bodyblocking here, but you also want to get some return damage, you should never give free trades (or put yourself in a position, i.e. in a big enemy minion wave, where you have to take them. Aside from this, sapling spam/Ez auto spam will shove it into tower either way, so an alternative is to just sit back at tower and let them shove it in since they aren't denying anyway.

4:04 -- the ez should be dead here, or at least forced to flash. He is oom so he won't be able to q, he just used his e, and your auto - side step - q leaves him stunned under tower. Maokai has no w. You have the right idea, but instead of e'ing first, q immediately, then auto and e (which will still probably hit him with a few procs when he backs up) and he is pretty much dead/down a flash. Ashe has her q up, he can't hit her through you, etc. etc. Still a good trade, but could have been even better!

4:30 -- you went up a bit early -- after playing back the whole game that was a pretty telegraphed "there is a gank coming" move. Given that there was a ward (which, incidentally, it helps to time in chat for yourself/your jungler -- 1 minute on the trinkets, and you can usually tell when the opponent places them) the gank would have been iffy, but if you'd baited an all-in kindred could have perhaps gotten there.

Instead, you get a solid hook, but then don't quite follow it up.

When you sweep the busha bit before 4:30, walk up to the end of the brush and q the ezreal -- he needs 60 more mana for his e, and your q - auto - w - auto - e would have probably killed him (speaking of, I think it would have also been fine to bring ignite versus their silly summoners and lack of assassins, but hey). You might not be able to follow a flash if he lived, but could then turn on maokai with Ashe or just take the trade and cs/xp lead by shoving it into tower. The minions are dangerous, so you want to be careful of overextending, but I think that hook was good enough to take.

Even in the fight you did take, I think if you q'd the Mao, then flash auto'd the Ezreal when he walked up that would have been a kill as well -- the Ashe was in position for w/q auto and the Maokai was oom and pretty useless.

But, if you don't do either of those, you should be following them either way to zone them off cs and xp and make sure they don't turn on the Ashe -- as it is, she loses her flash, whereas you don't gain much from trying to proc relic a bit earlier (by the by, go for the cannon over the ranged!). This goes back to creating space for your adc, which is the main role of the support for the first bit of lane! Never give a free trade etc.

4:48ish, I think you could flash/q/auto as soon as he comes back to cs instead of waiting for kindred and you could probably catch him before he can flash/possible before he can flash under tower, which would make it easier to follow the flash safely. Try and time these all-ins when the enemy adc is going for a cs, it lets you get at least an extra auto or at best a surprise cc and kill. I think in general you should try and be a bit more decisive on engages -- if you don't try it, you won't know if it will work, and if you're constantly looking for all-in opportunities like that it will help you get a better idea of what you need to do to set them up as well.

Anyway, this took longer than I thought, but hey. Some basic things to focus on:

If they are hitting your adc, hit them.
If they use abilities (i.e. Maokai sapling or w, Ezreal e) take advantage of the cooldowns to punish them.
If you see an opportunity for a fight, go for it! You deal a ton of damage and can kill noobs.
Generally, try and play more aggressively to enable your adc to farm safely, and set up solid trades.
Think about when to use cooldowns (i.e., your hook) -- if it misses, that could leave you vulnerable to kiting/an all in in return, and if you still have it up they have to play around it. Always have a reason for throwing out an ability!

This game has a pretty big learning curve and it can be hard to figure out what a better thing to do is when you're playing with people at your skill level (when I watch better players they take trades I didn't see, get roams that I wouldn't have, etc etc) but try stuff out, think about why you're doing things, and you'll figure it out imo.

foutre fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 29, 2016

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Woah, thank you both so much for all the :words:! Lots to think about and try to improve on.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Judging from what I've read of the summaries by the other goons you probably need to be more aggressive in general but also play more decisively. A lot of bronze players tend not to play assertively and so they end up walking back and forth for 10 seconds doing nothing when they could be hitting people or warding something.

Just right clicking dudes constantly in all-ins instead of hitting a few abilities and immediately walking away will greatly improve your performance in bronze, I guarantee you.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
That last one is super true. I haven't watched any games you posted but,especially as naut, you are the fuckin playmaker. You can easily make or break a teamfight, and the amount of times I've thought "gently caress this stupid poo poo why the gently caress are we fighting now" before throwing myself into the middle of the enemy team in bronze is off the charts. Still, going with your stupid poo poo team can make the difference between them killing 4 guys for free or the two teams each getting a few, or even your team turning it around.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

nautilus is especially good to smack people around with using his autos, as his w provides a fairly strong on hit effect steroid and chances are in an outright all in scenario they are not going to focus you down enough to pop your shield before you can get 2-3 autos off. at shield lv1, that is a pretty nice extra ~45-60 damage added on to your auto attacks, as if you had like 20 more ad than you actually did. this is a very strong reason why most league of legends players are agreeing wits end is a must have on support nautilus

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013
Watching one of my own replays for the first time http://www.replay.gg/search/na/radaintweasel#2110935235 and my god I'm awful. I miss tons of CS, and manage to be both too timid in lane and not respectful enough of my opponent. Afterwards I was almost always in the wrong place, indecisive about when to back, took too long to shop and just... ugh. I feel like the fact that I'm S5 is almost entirely due to getting lucky with other people carrying me.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
has anyone considered runic echoes on warwick

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Describe the merit of infinite mana and a tiny nuke on a character that has no mana or hp issues whatsoever and already runs extremely fast versus the other two really obvious picks and I'll decide from there

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Servaetes posted:

Describe the merit of infinite mana and a tiny nuke on a character that has no mana or hp issues whatsoever and already runs extremely fast versus the other two really obvious picks and I'll decide from there

infinite mana???

it increases AP, makes him faster, and gives him an extra burst, and not having to farm stacks makes his presence felt earlier

slap that, rageblade, and wits end/botrk on him and you can build straight tank from there

edit:

saw the mana, huh, didn't know that

fishception fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 1, 2016

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I can't see that doing more damage than devourer at all.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Dude's going to farm till 6 anyway, might as well go devo at that point

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

If you're not ganking every waking moment your ult is up you're doing WW very wrong. He's gonna get stacks regardless, not a farming jungler by any stretch. I mean he can do that but he's far worse at it than Yi and Shyvanna and Xin and Udyr.

In the grand scheme of things he gets really marginal things from Runic Echoes. I'd argue better to aim for a late game item like devourer because he becomes even more threatening as he becomes tankier.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

even a worthless cheesy ap nashor's pseudoassassin build would just get more overall out of devourer

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013
Are people still buying frost queen's on AP mids like Morgana and Lux? And if so when/how do you fit it into builds?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

What's the build path on Yasuo since Shiv nerf? Still rush Shiv Into IE? Or do people still like Triforce second?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Spiros posted:

Something without beginning has no end

lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I hope they actually get around to reworking Warwick some time this year. I know they had a really rough sketch of one over a year ago, but the dude is so boring and binary to play with and against. Maybe Riot just likes keeping him around as a bellweather for whether they need to nerf or buff devourer.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I think WW is one of those Champs they will keep around because he's a great choice for new players to the jungle. He is straight forward, his ult is always impact so you feel you are doing stuff when you use it and his overall toolkit is fairly basic but with some cute tricks that make him feel different from just another farm champ in just another MOBA.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

jesus christ the rp art site is so incredibly powerful

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Radiantweasel posted:

Are people still buying frost queen's on AP mids like Morgana and Lux? And if so when/how do you fit it into builds?

I build it on morg in high silver/low gold. It's the first item I complete then I go into sorc boots and zhonya's. It makes catching people stupid easy but the downside is you aren't nearly as durable pre-zhonya's as you would be with RoA. Fitting it into the build is just a matter of not getting RoA period.

I've tried it on lux and it feels alright but getting a 20% CDR item feels better to me.

But I'm bad so

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I played morg mid for the first time last night, vs a heimer I had like 9cs a minute at the end of laning, and ended with an 80 cs lead on the next closest person. When we killed their nexus, I had 6600 gold in my inventory with only half a build and was 1 shotting their mf with just q and w. Morg mid loving owns.

Also, that loving q damage :stare:

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 1, 2016

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
This is new:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Dear people who've played League a ton for years: are IP boosts worth it? TIA.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

nice when they give them for free otherwise just be patient and play free to play champs and when you like a champ save ip and buy it

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
If you want to spend money on the game, buy 450/1350 IP champs with IP and use your money to buy 6300 champs you want when they go on sale.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Holy poo poo there are so many Yis at this ELO.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I build it on morg in high silver/low gold. It's the first item I complete then I go into sorc boots and zhonya's. It makes catching people stupid easy but the downside is you aren't nearly as durable pre-zhonya's as you would be with RoA. Fitting it into the build is just a matter of not getting RoA period.

I've tried it on lux and it feels alright but getting a 20% CDR item feels better to me.

But I'm bad so

nah it's very viable to rush the frost queen and immediately get RoA after. Morg's mana costs are huge so the extra huge mana pool is actually very nice with the minimal regen on frost queen and it works because all the extra gold you generate on first back from buying frostfang and proccing it with W on the enemy laner before clearing the wave makes it so you don't miss a whole lot of stacks.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Lady Naga posted:

buy a 50 xp boost for $5 when you're lv 29 90%
it will get changed into a 50 ip per-win boost when you hit 30

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

I bought exactly one about a month ago when it was the 450% party XP weekend and was getting ~1k per game.

I don't remember the math, but never buy a set number of games boost, because a 6300 champ costs 975 RP which would equate to something 2000 in bonus ip for that price. A 1 day boost may be worth it if youre playing dawn til dusk, but I would keep it to "buy one on a bonus ip weekend assuming you have friends"

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

Holy poo poo there are so many Yis at this ELO.

The Yi Carry Meme is pretty strong in Bronze.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Goodbye NA server, rest in piss

Hello 10 ms Japan weeb paradise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
"All these bronze players are awful people that never pick crowd control. Not like me, the true lord and savior who doesn't belong in this shithole, so I'll get out using Master Yi" -a permanently bronze player

• Locked thread