Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

FairGame posted:

I really don't find Ted Cruz's physical appearance that unsettling. There are far goofier looking dudes in the Senate.

He just looks like a slightly overweight dad. Which is what he is, I guess.

Like, he's clearly so repugnant that literally everyone hates him, but his physical appearance is probably the least objectionable thing about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

What if Hell is sharing a cramped dorm room with Ted Cruz for eternity?

brb going to church

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
At 7:01PM Eastern tomorrow night, CNN/Fox News will immediately call Alabama, Georgia, and Vermont for Trump. Virginia may take a few minutes longer but you won't have to stay up past 8 or anything.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Nvm, I misread your post. You just claimed to know that all Latinos knew that trump was a racist, not that they would stop supporting him. My bad!

I didn't even say "all Latinos." I said "Latinos." It was a generalization, but I figured it was obvious that I meant "Latinos in general."

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

What if Hell is sharing a cramped dorm room with Ted Cruz for eternity?

I don't think there's a "What if" in there.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

I think he is going to do better in the general election than a lot of people want him to.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

FairGame posted:

I really don't find Ted Cruz's physical appearance that unsettling. There are far goofier looking dudes in the Senate.

Like, he's clearly so repugnant that literally everyone hates him, but his physical appearance is probably the least objectionable thing about him.

The big thing is the constantly weepy eyes and the soft custard-like skin

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
if ted cruz didn't look like a pile of poo poo do you think he'd be the frontrunner?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Brannock posted:

The big thing is the constantly weepy eyes and the soft custard-like skin

Also the incredibly unconvincing "smile."

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

dude you gotta put a warning on that poo poo

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

FairGame posted:

Jesus dude what sort of monstrosities are you used to?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The 19,800 who left the Mass Dems represent about 1.3 percent of the 1.49 million enrolled in the party. And though the MassGOP gained several thousand voters, it actually lost more in the same time frame, when 5,911 quit the party to be unenrolled.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Huh, he wears contacts. I assumed he'd had LASIK done.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Vox Nihili posted:

he's literally posting from the cave in the hills have eyes

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Turtle McConnell might give him some competition in the "weirdest looking senator" contest but other than that I think he wins. Are there any other contenders?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
http://www.theonion.com/article/ted-cruz-provides-detailed-response-moderators-que-52433

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I was going to say that Ted Cruz is probably considered quite handsome on Cronenberg World but then I remembered Cronenberg is Canadian too

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

The question is if they want to become independent to vote for Trump or against him as the Boston Globe urged independents in MA.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

jeb attacks trump on credibility and respectability, is drummed out of the race a national laughingstock

cruz attacks trump on conservative credentials, loses the sessions endorsement

rubio takes on trump in a war of words, loses his voice

he is protected by unnatural forces. the end of days is nigh and it shall be luxurious

paranoid randroid posted:

imagine youre staying in a crappy motel off a state highway in the sticks and you hear a knock at the door, and when you look through the peephole you see those eyes looking back at you

Room 1488

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Bernie should Make A Deal with Trump:

- Trump to adopt some of Bernie's positions
- Bernie to run 3rd party in the general

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Please stop, you're going to make me attack my laptop screen with a kitchen knife.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Please no more pictures of the hate powered wax golem.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Good job not bolding the last line of the article which completely invalidates any meaning that the shills at that garbage tabloid want to give it.
Also good job not reading the thread.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Vox Nihili posted:

for starters.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

SavageBastard posted:

It's inconceivable to me that the RNC doesn't throw their full weight behind him if he wins. I don't see what other option they have. They'll jump on the Bob Dole bandwagon and pray he's like Schwarzenegger and sobers up after the election is over. I have a hard time believing that Trump isn't going to start running things exactly the way he wants to when it comes to the pomp and circumstance of the convention. Once he clinches the nomination he becomes the de facto party leader and unless the establishment folks are planning on setting everything on fire, I just can't see any of the major conflicts you describe no matter how tantalizing they are. Trump is the one flipping the script, not the RNC.

Turns out that some Republicans actually have standards and believe in the conservative dogma they're peddling. Not all of them are ambition-whoring/money-grubbing opportunists. If you're one of those people and a Republican activist, this is like your worst nightmare - all the work you've done to build your party is being coopted in the service of a guy who isn't a True Conservative.

AllanGordon posted:

all polls involving latinos are suspect since there is no good way to filter out the illegals

Using the voter roll, for starters.

And even if you're using a phone book, if someone's going to lie to you on the phone about being legal or not, why would they cop to being Hispanic?

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
Terrible

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

MaxxBot posted:

Turtle McConnell might give him some competition in the "weirdest looking senator" contest but other than that I think he wins. Are there any other contenders?

James Lankford looks like Rorschach:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

FairGame posted:

for starters.

Eh, seems like a standard ugly senator, as opposed to Ted Cruz, who is a Horta.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Jesus Christ, can y'all stop? I've got a dinner to attend soon.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
y'know, i think i miss jeb

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Baloogan posted:

shut the gently caress up oval office

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

:forkbomb:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Lmao

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

y'know, i think i miss jeb

We all do.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

if his complexion wasn't so poo poo...

:barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ted Cruz made a real career blunder, he would've made a great Preppy Fraternity Antagonist in a lovely made-for-cinemax college comedy.

Edit: Alternatively, never before have I so badly wanted a water gun to spray into someone's clownish head until it bursts

• Locked thread