Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Other posted:

we had 10 months of point of no return, close enough

And sorry to defend the SoO drought but that raid came out at the end of the content rich expansion and in GW2 we are still waiting for content that was said to come out last month and the xpack is still new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
They spend a lot of effort on setting up new systems instead of just making stuff. Living story season 1 was tied into the Story Journal, Dry Top and Silverwastes were sorts of precursors to the map rewards system and event flow used in HoT maps, collection achievements are driving a lot now, raids apparently warranted the squad UI, fractals got a re-work and new ones are now in consideration, sPvP got the league system but no new maps, and they're supposedly busy working on WvW changes.

Meanwhile we can only speculate whether Colin is constantly steering the hype train in a circle through the sheer force of his radiant smile, or if the game is coded in a language that none of the current developers actually speak.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Maybe someone just needs to tell them their game is actually pretty good. They should make more of it. Honestly, they could have just said the game was feature-complete in august 2012 and I'd probably be fine with it. Stop loving around and start making content.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

We already told them their game is 'pretty good' when we preordered the expansion at full price and all the gnashing of teeth here is probably a futile attempt to counteract that.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
I've sunk way too many hours into the game to pretend it's not good, there's just nothing making me want to play it anymore. They didn't even really add any new armor to shoot for dressing up.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Game's aren't statically good or bad for their lifetime, it's totally fair to think that something once was good and worth your time and money, and isn't anymore.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

you should just give the thread to gamin and let him fill it with comics like RAID.JPG

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
If any new people are reading this I'll point out that the game is actually good and most of the posters here are probably sad and depressed for reasons unrelated to minor design decisions in the expansion.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

ItBurns posted:

If any new people are reading this I'll point out that the game is actually good and most of the posters here are probably sad and depressed for reasons unrelated to minor design decisions in the expansion.

They are also apparently unaware they can actually stop playing the game for while and lose 0 "progress" until new content comes back.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lyer posted:

They are also apparently unaware they can actually stop playing the game for while and lose 0 "progress" until new content comes back.

Judging by the game's population especially wvw that's literally exactly what a lot of people are doing.

deaf jesus
Feb 19, 2004
hear no evil
Was reading the reddits and saw another useless WvW post. Chimed in on it there, will share here as well. Pretty sure everyone is aware of how broken/abandoned/neglected WvW is at this point.

During the "adopt a dev" promotion our guild CERN on TC was selected as one of the winners. Welp, what we got was this douche hole https://www.linkedin.com/in/hugh-norfolk-57760963...this was right after he got promoted to WvW content design.

He showed up probably twice in WvW for about 5mins each time and any other time he was online was in spvp arenas.

we barely knew ye wuvwuv, may u rest in pieces.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the game is still fun to whatever degree but it's really obvious that a-net is bad at managing their time or talking to people or whatever the gently caress.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

hurtmeplz posted:

Was reading the reddits and saw another useless WvW post. Chimed in on it there, will share here as well. Pretty sure everyone is aware of how broken/abandoned/neglected WvW is at this point.

During the "adopt a dev" promotion our guild CERN on TC was selected as one of the winners. Welp, what we got was this douche hole https://www.linkedin.com/in/hugh-norfolk-57760963...this was right after he got promoted to WvW content design.

He showed up probably twice in WvW for about 5mins each time and any other time he was online was in spvp arenas.

we barely knew ye wuvwuv, may u rest in pieces.

We made tivac a commander and bought him a tag and made him lead our zerg, adopt-a-dev ruled

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You'd think a company the size of ANet could pump out content at a faster rate. Are they just very design/artist heavy and just lack the engineering backbone to get things done?

From what can be heard said by people who have worked at Anet, it largely seems to be a organizational problem that slows down the updates to a crawl.

Johnny Joestar posted:

the game is still fun to whatever degree but it's really obvious that a-net is bad at managing their time or talking to people or whatever the gently caress.

Basically that.

Games still good but you can burn out doing the various daily stuff, of which HoT added a bunch, but these days people are spoiled by every major game being updated bi-weekly with major content and balance shakeups, so it feels weird when guildwars remains static for so long, or introduces something neat that is swiftly abandoned, or leaves a gamemode like wubwub to remain stagnant and empty for so long, or elite specs in Spvp turning it into a turtlefest not seen since release.

deaf jesus
Feb 19, 2004
hear no evil

CLAM DOWN posted:

We made tivac a commander and bought him a tag and made him lead our zerg, adopt-a-dev ruled

Wish we would have gotten that lucky with someone that actually wanted to participate. I think what miffed us the most was this was the new wvw design guy and he didn't give a poo poo.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Remember the idea that picking up environmental weapons was good and cool? ha ha ha

I have only been skimming this thread lately but I heard you like environmental weapons

Songbearer posted:

Hi. My name is Songbearer and I have an unhealthy obsession with throwing things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqwx7N2EpYk

Play SUPERHOT.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765864&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

To shamelessly quote a future meme, it's the most innovative shooter I've played in years.

e: sorry I can't help it it's too much fun, have another video (this one's me!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMIXtAjbJF8

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 29, 2016

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Please be careful describing things that are 'super' around here.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:lol:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

It's not like we have anything else that's super to spend our time with sooooo

khy
Aug 15, 2005

So are there any good levelling guides in terms of what skills are recommended while levelling? Like both what weapons are recommended and what skills to use alongside that. I know reddit's got some guides but they're all listed as outdated. Also like, are there good guides for what to do when I approach or hit 80? Like, how to gear up and what content is appropriate and poo poo like that?

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

the act of still playing guild wars 2 in 2016 is basically akin to necrophilia

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Does that mean all the people playing EQ are like having sex with dinosaurs or something

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

khy posted:

Does that mean all the people playing EQ are like having sex with dinosaurs or something

Get ready for nature to find its way into your bedroom in Jurassic World Online, coming to Oculus Rift!

Alpha footage

Adhesive Gamin fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 1, 2016

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Ian Malcolm: [looking at the new armour release schedule] That is one big pile of poo poo.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

hey Cletus check this out, pretty cool stuff, incredible digital clarity

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Illuyankas posted:

Ian Malcolm: [looking at the new armour release schedule] That is one big pile of poo poo.

Is there necromancer armor I can get that will make me look like a giant skeletal lich ala overlord :

I am gonna need shoulders that extend at least 3 feet to either side.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

khy posted:

So are there any good levelling guides in terms of what skills are recommended while levelling? Like both what weapons are recommended and what skills to use alongside that. I know reddit's got some guides but they're all listed as outdated. Also like, are there good guides for what to do when I approach or hit 80? Like, how to gear up and what content is appropriate and poo poo like that?

Depends on your class, but the official class forums mostly have guides for Leveling.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

khy posted:

Is there necromancer armor I can get that will make me look like a giant skeletal lich ala overlord :

This is pretty close but there are plenty of other zany options if you like skulls.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor_of_the_Lich

Mix and match!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bladed_armor_%28light%29

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Primitive_armor

Edit: Accessories!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Crossing

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eye_of_Rodgort

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 1, 2016

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Day 3 : They still think I am part of the pack.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

this is technically a wipe right

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You'd think a company the size of ANet could pump out content at a faster rate. Are they just very design/artist heavy and just lack the engineering backbone to get things done?
Supposedly there are long and convoluted approval processes for everything and a glass ceiling between normal employees and management. That seems to be a bigger problem than raw resources and personnel.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Amante posted:

Supposedly there are long and convoluted approval processes for everything and a glass ceiling between normal employees and management. That seems to be a bigger problem than raw resources and personnel.

It's the same everywhere. I'm not even allowed to kill the rats out back even though they're all fat and slow from eating all the old lunch meat we throw out.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

https://twitter.com/dril/status/256431328592011266

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I think you found nilgoow's twitter

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

I think you found nilgoow's twitter

Dril is actually funny sometimes.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Dril is actually funny sometimes.

dungeon team members fired

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Got some info on the new bosses apart from slothworm.

The second is a ball of energy and the third is a human.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

khy posted:

I can't point you at a guide, but don't worry too much about levelling, it's really loving easy and by 80 you'll have all the skills and traits unlocked. It's actually a pretty good time to try out all the weapons and learn your skills so you're ready for 80. If you still wanna optimise it, it's fine but honestly you can't really put together much of a complete build and you'll be upgrading gear pretty frequently so it's kind of hard.

In terms of gearing at 80, just wear whatever greens you can get to drop until you can get yourself into exotics. Probably prioritise weapons first. In terms of what to get, it's going to depend on the class, but I suggest picking a build from metabattle for your class. Ignore infusions and stuff, and just look at the traits and stat types it wants. If it wants some crafted poo poo, there's usually good second choices. Once you've got exotics, start jamming runes and sigils in. To get this stuff, you can get gear through dungeons and the trading post, crafting if you've levelled it, lucky drops, karma, probably a whole load of other places I'm forgetting too. If you're interested in fractals, start looking for ascended trinkets with guild missions, fractalbux and laurels. Eventually you'll probably want to look into ascended weapons and then maybe armour.

Content at 80, you can always do open world stuff, but expansion content is a bit harder so you might not want to jump in until you've geared a bit. You can do dungeons with basically anything. Lower level fractals are fine, and you can start to climb once you pick up a few ascended trinkets. When you get into exotics, you're basically good for anything except raids and high level fractals. Once you get ascended weapons, you're good for basically everything except the highest fractals, which you won't have the AR for.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

khy posted:

Why is that skeleton wearing a Rita Repulsa costume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

• Locked thread