Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Ammanas posted:

Wow you're right. Let's make a petition to get CA to let you do the battle videos. You'll do them right

I hope the thread keeps getting more and more hostile as people get more wound up over release, the fireworks should be amusing.

Tres Burritos posted:

I liked the music and scenery. It gave the game a really grand "Lord of the Rings" type feel. The fun battle parts of LoTR at least.

Warhammer in general is sort of "The fun parts of LOTR" turned to 11, so that's right on track. The video looked great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

2 SPOOKY posted:

I hope the thread keeps getting more and more hostile as people get more wound up over release, the fireworks should be amusing.

Hostilities levels rising.... don't let your... GUARD DOWN.

Ha ha. Ho ho.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Get it it's a joke about being mad about guard modes.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
please post less about posting.

The battlefield has never looked so dynamic in a TW game. No more leaving your artillery alone with a single unit of Levy Spears in case cav shows up. The prevalence of magic, flying units, and explosives means that poo poo is going to get taken away from you if you isolate it and your whole army will get caught in the blast if you bunch everything up too much. Game played very much like two fantasy armies duking it out. I'm loving exciiiiiiited

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hype train leaving the station!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

Ironic that the faction which is the remains of ages past is now the remains of games past.

yeah I don't know what irony means either lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Babe Magnet posted:

yeah I don't know what irony means either lol

Hey what did I ever do to you buddy!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Excelsiortothemax posted:

In more "What is GW thinking ?" It looks like they are completely discontinuing the Tomb King faction so the only way you'll be able to play your skeleman army with Egyptian themes will be in this game.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/02/gw-tomb-king-miniatures-going-going-almost-gone.html

Cool, so GW creates a fairly uniquely non-evil undead faction with neat Egyptian twist, deletes from existence. Seems legit.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Honestly Age of Sigmar is a such a crazy train of decisions on the GW's part that deleting Tomb Kinds is low on the scale.

Won't ever have an effect on video games set in the Old World of course (currently 100% of them).

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

Hey what did I ever do to you buddy!

I'm not your buddy, guy

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Guard mode is BACK huzzah!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

sassassin posted:

Guard mode is BACK huzzah!

:argh:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Rollin for Animosity ITT:

Consultin the table ITT....

gently caress.... "Got called a neckbeard"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dandywalken posted:

Rollin for Animosity ITT:

Consultin the table ITT....

gently caress.... "Got called a neckbeard"

If we're being true to the Warhammer tabeltop tradition then this conclusion should take at least two more rolls, probably three.

- Roll attacker animosity (2d3)
- Roll attacker to burn (burn on >4)
- Roll target's thread rep (1d6)
- Roll target's Puppet Master save (save on <3)

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
If, during your generals speech, you pretend to ride a horse...

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Chomp8645 posted:

If we're being true to the Warhammer tabeltop tradition then this conclusion should take at least two more rolls, probably three.

- Roll attacker animosity (2d3)
- Roll attacker to burn (burn on >4)
- Roll target's thread rep (1d6)
- Roll target's Puppet Master save (save on <3)

Puppet master save is weak as poo poo, 5+ at most.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

xthetenth posted:

Puppet master save is weak as poo poo, 5+ at most.

Your right it's way to good but sorry we can't balance it until the next rulebook in six years.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I'm sensing some animosity directed at GW in this thread. :razz:

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
This discussion is Really Stupid

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Mordja posted:

Cool, so GW creates a fairly uniquely non-evil undead faction with neat Egyptian twist, deletes from existence. Seems legit.

Uh...unless they did some major changes in the later years there was nothing nice or non-evil about the Tomb Kings.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

lilspooky posted:

Uh...unless they did some major changes in the later years there was nothing nice or non-evil about the Tomb Kings.

Tomb Kings were always not-evil, they just hate Nagash and anyone that disturbs their tombs. Nagash is evil.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

lilspooky posted:

Yeah, there were some pretty cool examples earlier in the thread of Tomb Kings performing fairly benevolent acts. In a world as (grim)dark as WHFB, Tomb Kings are by comparison quite middle of the road. It's sadly part of what made them so irrelevant in the Lore - they have absolutely no shits to give about anything other than the sanctity of their borders and tombs, and loving with Nagash. It severely limited their interactions with every faction outside of VC, especially with their geographical distance from basically everything.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Tomb Kings in later editions were a isolationist state that wanted to be left the hell alone and to kick the crap out of Nagesh every chance they got.

Unfortunately they also had w lot of valuables in gold and magic items that many plunderers and other nations wanted. Thus problems would ensue.

Being undead they would also help oppose Chaos if the threat got too big.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

unwantedplatypus posted:

This discussion is Really Stupid

... making fun of GW???

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I wanna go to the parallel universe where GW is a good company and CA delivered Siege of Carthage quality games.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Phi230 posted:

I wanna go to the parallel universe where GW is a good company and CA delivered Siege of Carthage quality games.

GW chooses to be a lovely company in all universes.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Phi230 posted:

I looked for the siege of Carthage video after this comment and holy poo poo.

I mean, I liked Rome 2 (only got it after Emperor Edition), but goddamn. I'd be loving mad if I was coming in hyped from that trailer.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ZearothK posted:

I looked for the siege of Carthage video after this comment and holy poo poo.

I mean, I liked Rome 2 (only got it after Emperor Edition), but goddamn. I'd be loving mad if I was coming in hyped from that trailer.

Lets just say this, I haven't bought a TW title since Rome 2 came out and unless Warhammer really impresses people I will never buy a CA product ever again. I lost all trust and faith in CA after Rome 2. I usually don't give a poo poo about games this much, but they are the first and only company that is on my shitlist.

Burns
May 10, 2008

One thing Im not digging in that battle footage is the lighting, its just kind of boring and flat. Also, why do Orcs need a Guard mode? Isnt the whole point of orcs that they are more of a massive, uncontrollable... horde??

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Guard mode will never stop being a source of controversy it seems!

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Burns posted:

One thing Im not digging in that battle footage is the lighting, its just kind of boring and flat. Also, why do Orcs need a Guard mode? Isnt the whole point of orcs that they are more of a massive, uncontrollable... horde??

It actually fits for Azhag, because he uses distinctly un-orcy tactics thanks to his necromancer-possessed crown.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Phi230 posted:

Lets just say this, I haven't bought a TW title since Rome 2 came out and unless Warhammer really impresses people I will never buy a CA product ever again. I lost all trust and faith in CA after Rome 2. I usually don't give a poo poo about games this much, but they are the first and only company that is on my shitlist.

I didn't buy R2 at release so I can't comment on that but it ended up being the best TW game to date (((((imo)))))

I don't really like Warhammer but I'll buy this at release. I want more Total War games, especially Medieval III

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I agree about the lighting. Still pretty unimpressed with the effects like the magic too, and especially the arrows- I'm not against arrow trails but they seem to be making them bigger and more obnoxious in every game.

Phi230 posted:

good 4 u

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The arrow trails really struck me as overdone in that. Werent they notably less exaggerated in the Dwarf underground battle?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Phi230 posted:

Why do people post this like anyone else in the world gives a gently caress

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phi230 posted:

to be fair that's literally one (1) game that you didn't bought :v:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
modernwarfare2boycott.jpg

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
And a good one, too. I mean, Atilla is at minimum better than at least half of the other TW games.

Personally, I've been thinking lately that Chaos as an endgame boss army will actually be kinda great, just because it's finally not a fricken Horse Archer Mongol/Hun faction playing that role. Masses of buff melee dudes! No more 3 stacks of Cav wiping themselves out against 3 units of spears in a city chokepoint! Different invasion army counter tactics, loving finally!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Chaos? Stink!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Burns posted:

Nah, only savage orcs are like that. Regular orc warbosses are decent strategists/tacticians, and the bigger, more veteran orcs crack skulls to maintain order and keep the army disciplined and operating according to instructions.

• Locked thread